3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Actually Vettel is going for 12 laps.

Predicted/Estimated Lap Of First Stop For Fuel
    Vettel: 12
    Sutil: 14
    Rosberg: 15
    Webber: 15
    Glock: 15
    Trulli: 15
    Button: 16
    Räikkönen: 16
    Kubica: 17
    Barrichello: 17
    Bourdais: 19
    Alonso: 22
    Fisichella: 22
    Piquet: 22
    Nakajima: 22
    Buemi: 23
    Hamilton: 24
    Kovalainen: 24
    Massa: 24
    Heidfeld: 25

Vettel pins hopes on rain on Sunday

Sebastian Vettel is pinning his hopes of a strong result at the Malaysian Grand Prix in rain hitting the Sepang circuit tomorrow.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74257
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As a Ferrari fan, I am pretty pissed with these new rules. Ferrari has always been on the receiving end of these rule changes. Remember the insane one tire set per race rule?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

scene is on now.....button 2 poles
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Disaster for Massa, Raikkonen struggles

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090404150006.shtml

-----------------------------------------------

Ferrari are bent on destroying themselves. It turns out Massa underestimated the first qualifying cut-off point and hoped his single run on softs was enough. MAN!!

table cellspacing=0" cellpadding=0" width=470"
    tbody

/tbody
    /table

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa: The team thought it was enough to go through and maybe I thought the same, honestly. In the end there was not enough time to go out again," he said.

Asked if he blames the team for the bad call, Massa answered: "I blame me, I blame the engineers, I blame everybody that was working.
    It is a Ferrari mistake and a wakeup call for us."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ns: hey, can u plx tell me at wat PST the gp will start tomorow?
    Thy name's 'Fahad'. Powered by D16™​.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -936621

Star Sports

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What i don`t get is why Ferrari think it`s important to send their drivers out early in Q1. Why not wait for a few teams to put down a time, clean the track and then send their cars out to post a reasonably competitive time. All they need is to go quicker than the two Force India cars, the two Toro Rosso, and Renault of Piquet Jr. That can`t be a tough ask. Instead we have Massa out on track relatively early, and then we watch Massa`s car in the Ferrari garage minus it`s driver as the times tumble and he`s knocked out at the first hurdle!

Ferrari might or might not win one or both titles this year, but it`s clear the way forward is not with the Raikkonen-Massa pairing, especially if Ferrari, insist on having Italians at the helm of affairs as we have now. There is a reason why they went twenty one years without a title, too many Italians calling the shots! The team seems to be on it`s way to the 80`s and 90`s where it ran in the mid field, won the occasional race and became lucrative retiring home for successful F1 drivers who drove for them before retiring.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Ditto

Except the thing you said about returning to the early days. No man, I don't have the courage to even think about that. You know how much irrational I am about Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its been just these two races bro! Ferrari hold the constructor's title. Yes, they are running their team like 10 year olds but, they are Ferrari. If Brawn can do it, they will show how to do it better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ns

I appreciate your loyalty to ferrari and I feel the same way but the scary thing is that they were performing when Brawn was there... I kind of agree with UK on the matter of the people calling the shots at team ferrari... innovation seems to have gone out the door and its as if they are wandering around in the dark... we see stuff like the pit stop light fiasco or something as amateurish as massa thinking his four laps were enough to get him through Q1... i mean seriously how can they justify crap like that...

ferrari need to plug the holes and fast because their graph is going down... they have a good car this year but the back benchers have risen to the challenge so the ferrari drivers have to deliver...

lets see how the diffuser issue is resolved... it was on the back burner for a while there what with the mclaren fiasco being in the news but the focus is right back on it... no ideas how its going to go...

on a side note... did anyone watch the federer Vs. Djok match? I have never seen federer smah a racket like that... the guy is feeling the heat... lets hope the clay court season treats him better...
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK, NS and beglar

Guys don't start to worry about the Ferrari, they are certainly making blunders and not mistakes but these can be solved. As for Massa thinks about doing it with just 4 laps even Kimi also done just 4 laps and he came 14 fastest after the Q1 imagine if both of them gone out in Q1 what happens. The whole thing happens in the last 1 min 35 secs of Q1 before that time they both are on P4 and P6 imagine what has happens there in the dying secs of Q1 10 drivers have posted best time before them. Well this certainly is a wakeup call and I assure you we will see more laps done by them in the future races irrespective of diffuser issue settlement because there are only 3 teams and 6 cars having DD diffuser while they are out qualified by 3 teams and 6 cars which are having non DD diffuser.

IF you have to choose some one who you thinks could solve the problems Ferrari is having whom you choose? A question for everybody.

and beglar yes Fedex have realized now that he has to do something to get rid of this bad patch and he still needs a coach so are you free so that I could put forward your name?
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

Buddy i agree with you when you say the way forward for Ferrari is not with Massa-Raikonen pairing. I think Massa is highly overrated and inconsistent when it comes to his performance. with Raikonen i feel he should have retired last year, i don't doubt his ability, i doubt his commitment and hunger to win the title again. i still believe that he should call it quits. Ferrari's are not up to pace wiith Brawns, Toyotas and Williams and to add to the misries are the reliability issues with the ferrari's.

I believe they need Fernando Alonso in the team a driver who is highly competitive, aggresive and hungry to win and who knows he might even push Massa to perform better that is if they get along with each other. With reliability and technical issues Ferrari has to pull up its game. I think there many competitive teams this season and the race to the championship will be a very close one. Ferrari has met their match in the form of Brawn GP and Ross Brawn, even minus the diffuser the amount of straight line speed that car is pulling is unbelievable and they definitely have a better car than Ferrari and Jenson Button is no fluke either he has waited a long time to be in a car like this.

Same as with Ferrari, McLaren have been too cautious of their designs after the spygate scandal and the thorough inspections that followed even uptill last year and all of this has put them on a back foot in terms of innovation. i think they are going to fare worse than ferrari if they dont do something about their cars real quick.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raptor21

Bro, you are missing one thing and that is Ferrari have KERS onboard while Brawn doesnot have so that additional weight of KERS is the problem for all the teams having it onboard. I really like to know what is the deadline for KERS becuase if there is no deadline then what ever the out come of DD diffuser issue Ferrari and Mclaren continue to struggle through out the season.

Remember testing is ban during season so if diffuser issue settles in favour of Brawn and others. They have nothing to do but the remaining 7 teams have to develop DD diffuser and without testing they have to put these DD diffuser cars on race weekends. On the other hand if diffuser issue settles in favour of the 7 teams the other 3 cars have to come out with out a non DD cars allthough the implications are same for them as they also can't test but they still are lighter in weight then the Ferrari and Mclaren.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton considered quitting over Oz GP

Lewis Hamilton considered quitting McLaren, and even Formula 1, over the controversy surrounding his exclusion from last week's Australian Grand Prix, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74279

Now if the above news is true then he should quit at once because if he thinks that the team is hurting his reputation then what is use of driving for that team. I think thats the same case what Alonso feels during 2007 at Hungoring during Hungarian GP.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83

I know Ferrari is carrying KERS on board and that is by their own choosing and i know that it substantially adds to the wieight of the car but thats a gamble they took. they thought the performance advantage with KERS on board would be greater than not having one. i personally believe KERS will play a role in races to come depending on the tracks and circumstances its used in but its not a too great of an advantage to right off Brawn and company minus the KERS. it will close up the gap for sure if the DD diffuser case settles in favour of Ferrari and company and will definitely spice things up even more. But Brawn's, William's, Toyota's and even RBR's are very compettive cars this season and they are all set to give Ferarri's and McLaren's a very tough time.

And i think you would agree that this season might end up being whole lot more about drivers and thier skills than about the cars they are in. which i think is very good for the sports.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton is no kid, he knew what was going on. Irrespective of whether he quits McLaren or not (which i think he wont) he should be dissqualified for atleast one race. And he should stop acting innocent and putting the blame on the team. he should be man enough to accept his mistake and face the consequences.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raptor21

I really like to see F1 discuss with respect to drivers abilities plus the cars they are driving and I will be happy if at the end of this season we are discussing driver's ability more then the cars in which they have achieve something throughout the season. But my real concerns are when a thing(in this case KERS) is part of season's rules and regulations then if someone is not obliging to them they will penalised for that.

Suppose last season electronic aid is ban and if someone was using electronic aid do you not think that they were get banned because of not following rules and regulations.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Farcical race.

Some one please kill the Ferrari strategist for putting the car on inters on a bone dry track!! Because of what happened in the race, the Ferrari blunder might be overlooked, but that was a hilarious moment as much as it was sad.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In a race like this a shake up in the order is always expected. I am happy for Brawn and Jenson who waited for almost eternity to be in a competitive car. That just goes to show how important the role of a car is in Formula 1. After all the humiliation they had to go through the past couple of season, they surely deserve to drive a good car, which they have.

About Ferrari, well what can one say really. Why did they put wet tyres on Kimi's car on a dry track? is an question that can only be answered by the person who took that decision. Yes, you have to take risks to win. But, that was like comitting suicide. Its all about self destruction with Ferrari these days. I was not surprized to see Kimi enjoying an ice cream towards the end of the race. A clear message why should he care.

But then Ferrari have a better car as compared to Mclaren and Renault that is for sure, and I am certain if they had not made those insane mistakes, they would have had atleast one of their drivers on the podium.

Now, I think Formula 1 is bound to lose a big chunk of fans very quickly. Rules are being changed and then reversed, drivers are being penalised then reversed, people are threatening to leave the sport, teams are aledging others for cheating.

Obviously, Ferrari & Mclaren have a huge fan base. Almost 80% of the sport, and if they keep on going the way they are F1 will start to lose its fan base very very quickly. Of course there will be those like us, who will never lose interest no matter what happens, but then there will be those who'd say what the heck.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

User Tag List