3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

No, i was talking about much later. They didn't have turbos at that time, say like the early 90`s. Some teams were running with V12`s like Ferrari, Renault were using V10`s and Ford had V8 units. Ferrari were the last to give up their V12`s at the end of `94 season and switched to V10 for 1995.

I don`t know much about KERS in the way it affects a cars weight distribution. Yes, it does affect the size of the fuel tank, but if a team does not wish to use it I am sure they can find a way around it. Using ballast would be one thing that comes to mind which willl fix the weight distribution problems. There are advantages of using KERS, Alonso`s start though not entirely down to KERS but it did help him. It certainly helped him to keep the cars behind for as long as he managed for if his car had been without KERS, and the fuel load he had in Malaysia, he would have been passed a lot earlier.

From what i remember in the lead up to the season opener, Ferrari were struggling with KERS, and had admitted to as much. It might have helped the weight distribution on their car but the device itself was a concern.

Hopefully someone here will have a better understanding of it and will be able to shed light on the KERS issue.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

What I have seen during last 2 races is that all the cars using KERS are able to do some realistic defending against DD cars plus also able to attack when they like. Defending case was Glock yelling on pit radio in Melbourne that when ever I try to pass Alonso he start using KERS and Attacking case was also in Melbourne when Hamilton uses it to overtake 3 or 4 cars during the first 3 or 4 laps, He have speed at that time and combining it with KERS is making it easier. As for Sepang there are more then 23 overtakes in just 33 laps and these are being done by both DD cars and non DD cars. So I am of the opinion that KERS will help overtaking and if DD becomes legal I have a feeling that we see more overtaking maneuvours in each and every lap of the races from China onwards as there are rumours that Renault will be bringing new DD in China.

Thanks for the correction.

What will be the outcome of Diffuser issue? Your Thoughts.

I have 2 scenarios need your opinion

ICA says the diffusers are legal and the teams using these are allowed to use them. All other teams are allowed to design such diffusers.

ICA says the diffusers are illegal and teams using them should remove them immediately whatever result they have achieved will not altered.

In the first scenario its not possible for all the teams to come up at China with a new diffuser while in the second scenario it is not possible for DD teams to remove them immediately before China. What will happen at China in both scenarios is then become a question mark.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Bro here is what i think. At a time when the economic crisis is affecting everything, formula 1 cannot afford to lose any more teams. Honda has already left, well they didn't need to leave but they used the financial crisis as a good excuse to quit Formula 1. Toyota has already said they need to win at least a race in `09 to be able to justify the money they are spending in F1. Williams is the only real privateer team left. You can't really consider Red Bull and Toro Rosso as privateers given the fact that they are owned by a billionaire, and Brawn GP, what a story! A team that did not exist about a month or so back is not only in F1, but having won the first two races is in with a realistic chance of winning one if not both titles. Can you imagine FIA over turning their decision and throwing these teams into the mid-field? Without the DD diffuser at least Toyota and Williams will be somewhere in the midfield. Brawn GP might still be quick without the DD diffuser, but not nearly as fast. All these three teams have average drivers with the exception of NIco Rosberg who, i think is exceptionally talented. So, without their diffusers these teams with their average drivers in the midfield will be eaten up by the likes of Ferrari, BMW, Alonso`s Renault , Red Bull and in time by Mclaren too. Out of the window will go Toyota`s chances of doing well this year, Williams chances of being at the front and attracting sponsors as RBS will be leaving them at the end of the year, and it will end Brawn GP`s fair tale story. Do you see that happening? I don`t.

I feel the diffusers might not be within the spirit of the rules, but they are certainly within the regulations. The diffusers were cleared first by FIA when questions were raised in testing and later at the official scrutineering in Oz. The three teams are pretty confident of being cleared , but FIA has been known to do strange things in the past. You have raised a good question, what happens if the DD diffuser is deemed to be illegal? I don`t know, but i`d think if that happens the three teams will be screwed and only Brawn GP might be prepared for that eventuality.

I would say better sense will prevail and the teams will be allowed to keep their DD diffusers now that we have had two GP and the DD diffuser cars have won both races. In fact Heidfeld is the only non DD diffuser driver to make it onto the podium in the first two races. In typical FIA cost cutting measures the diffusers will be deemed legal for this year and outlawed for the 2010 season thus making teams spend around 5 million pounds to develop one for ummm around 12 odd races

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

McLaren summoned by FIA's WMSC

McLaren has been summoned to appear before the FIA's World Motor Sport Council on April 29 to answer charges that it has brought Formula 1 into disrepute over the controversy surrounding Lewis Hamilton's Australian Grand Prix disqualification.

The team has been summoned after it 'deliberately misled' stewards at the Australian Grand Prix during a hearing into Jarno Trulli overtaking Lewis Hamilton behind the safety car in the closing stages of the Melbourne race.

The FIA announced on Tuesday that the team will appear before the extraordinary WMSC hearing in Paris on the Wednesday after the Bahrain GP to answer charges that it has breached Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74346

McLaren parts company with Ryan

McLaren said on Tuesday it has parted company with sporting director Dave Ryan, while vowing to work with the FIA ahead of the World Motor Sport Council hearing later this month.

The Woking-based team has been summoned to appear before the WMSC on April 29 to answer charges that it brought the sport into disrepute after lying to race stewards at the Australian Grand Prix - and then at a second hearing in Malaysia last week.

Stating that it wanted to work with the FIA for the best interests of F1, McLaren also confirmed that Ryan, who was suspended for his involvement in the matter last Friday, had now parted company with the team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74348

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i agree with UK on the DD diffuser issue, i dont see it being barred from use. it makes no sense atleast financially speaking. but in case if it is barred the only team that might still be competitive would be Brawn GP. that would also make easier for Ferrari's, BMW's, McLaren's and Renault's to be back up on the grid.

what i am interested in seeing is a DD diffuser on an RBR (if the DD diffusers are allowed that is) i believe that might possibly make it the fastest car on the grid.

Alonso deserves a better car. Only if he had an attitude as good as his driving skills he would have definitely been a very desirable option for Ferrari. and i agree the way Massa and Kimi are driving one of them might eventually hand over their spot to Alonso for 2010.

What puzzles me though is the reliability issues with Ferrari. we are talking about a team with the best resources available at their disposal and one of the biggest budgets in F1 if not the biggest and yet they cant seem to get over these issues. it not only puts a bad name on the team but demoralizes the drivers as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, these all news item I wanted to post last night but damn the KESC have done loadshedding first then my net connection gone out for the whole night so can't post at the time.

Brawn: Ferrari, McLaren will catch up

Ross Brawn thinks it inevitable that Ferrari and McLaren will recover from their disastrous start to the campaign and soon start putting his dominant team under pressure.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74340

'BMW already working on controversial diffuser'

While F1 awaits next week's Court of Appeal hearing into the diffuser three's designs, BMW team boss Mario Theissen admits his team is already working on copying it in case it is deemed legal.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...157433,00.html

Flav blames diffuser three for Renault's poor start

Flavio Briatore has blamed the controversial diffuser design for Renault's inability to finish on the podium this season.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...156556,00.html

Last news is the new I added today and its a history lesson for everyone.

h2Short cut to victory - the other four ‘half point’ Grands Prix/h2

Sunday’s shortened Malaysian Grand Prix was a rarity - only four times previously have half points been awarded, something that happens if a race is abandoned before 75 percent race distance, but with at least two laps completed. We take a look back at when and where it happened before…

1975 Spanish Grand Prix - 29 of 75 laps completed
    Rolf Stommelen was seriously injured and five spectators killed at Barcelona’s Montjuich Park after a rear-wing failure led to the German driver’s Hill machine being launched over a crash barrier. It was a tragic end to a weekend that had started with drivers complaining about the temporary street circuit’s safety standards. Despite improvements, the Spanish Grand Prix never returned and instead made the purpose-built Jarama circuit near Madrid its permanent home for the next few years.
    Result: 1st Jochen Mass (McLaren), 2nd Jacky Ickx (Lotus), 3rd Carlos Reutemann (Brabham)

1975 Austrian Grand Prix - 29 of 54 laps completed

The next shortened race came less than four months later, this time the red flag appearing (again after 29 laps) due to heavy rain in the mountainous setting of the Osterreichring. It meant a one and only F1 victory for Vittorio Brambilla, who had put in a great drive in tricky conditions to bring the March factory team their first win. In fact, so ecstatic was the Italian he actually lost control whilst celebrating and crashed, limping back to the pits with his car in less than pristine condition.
    Result: 1st Vittorio Brambilla (March), 2nd James Hunt (Hesketh), 3rd Tom Pryce (Shadow)

1984 Monaco Grand Prix - 31 of 77 laps completed

Nine years on and again rain was the culprit, this time on the sodden streets of Monte Carlo. Alain Prost was the man to claim the ‘half win’, though in somewhat controversial circumstances. When the red flag came Ayrton Senna was rapidly closing on the Frenchman in pursuit of his first win. Closing even faster on the two leaders was German Stefan Bellof, who had driven a storming race from the back of the grid. Many felt Senna and Bellof were robbed of potential glory, arguing that conditions weren’t sufficiently bad to justify halting proceedings, pointing out that they had actually been worse earlier in the race. Bellof was subsequently disqualified due to a technical infringement by his Tyrrell team.
    Result: 1st Alain Prost (McLaren), 2nd Ayrton Senna (Toleman), 3rd Rene Arnoux (Ferrari)

1991 Australian Grand Prix - 14 of 81 laps completed

It is debatable whether the ’01 Adelaide race should ever have even started. It was delayed due to heavy rain, but when that rain eased slightly it was polesitter Ayrton Senna who took control as the lights went out. Conditions quickly worsened, however, and as Mansell hounded Senna for the lead chaos ensued behind, with numerous cars spinning into the street circuit’s unforgiving concrete walls. On lap 15 Mansell went the same way and soon even ‘rainmaster’ Senna was waving for stewards to call an end to the carnage. The red flag finally came on lap 17, but even then organisers were pushing for a restart. Drivers protested, the rain kept falling and in the end common sense prevailed. The countback rule left Senna victorious from Mansell, though with the latter having sustained minor injuries from his accident, only the Brazilian and third-placed team mate Gerhard Berger made the podium ceremony.
    Result: 1st Ayrton Senna (McLaren), 2nd Nigel Mansell (Williams), 3rd Gerhard Berger (McLaren)

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2009/4/9156.html
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Renault gear up for Roadshow outing in Dubai/h2

Renault will continue their successful Roadshow programme into 2009 with a visit to Dubai later this month. The team's cars will be demonstrated at various locations across the city from April 9 to 12, when race driver Nelson Piquet will join third driver Romain Grosjean and demonstration driver Adam Khan for a special weekend of activities.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9157.html

@UK and raptor21

Well I really want these diffusers to be allowed legal but the thing is we are talking about FIA who write rules in a way which could led someone to misinterpret and then they give ruling in a different manner. As for the financially speaking it is still considered to be hilarious to say that instead of asking 3 you ask 7 to change the diffuser. And after this WMSC call for Mclaren I would say forget Mclaren and Lewis Hamilton the chances of getting them disqualified for the season is getting higher. Alonso would be in Ferrari for 2010 with any of the both drivers about to loose their contracts is a far fetched reality and we have to wait for the mid season for such news.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sir je, i was talking about the financial side for small teams like Williams and Brawn GP. They need success In F1 to attract new sponsors in order to survive. FIA has done strange things in the past and i wouldn't put anything past them but i just don`t see the diffusers being declared illegal after being passed by FIA technical delegates after questions were raised in testing, the race stewards in Australia and again in Malaysia. The rules might be changed for 2010 though. If the diffusers are deemed to be illegal, Alonso will be leading the drivers world title

Alonso`s 2011 Ferrari-deal is formula 1`s worst kept secret. The only question of interest is whether he will end up at Ferrari in 2010. If he does, it will only be at the cost of Raikkonen, and not Massa.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Eight teams to be heard at diffuser appeal/h2

The FIA has published further details relating to next week’s International Court of Appeal (ICA) hearing over the legality of the diffusers being used by the Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams teams.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/4/9162.html

@UK

Sir, I agree with you on the Alonso Ferrari deal is a worst kept secret in F1 but if it is at the expense of Kimi then I think Kimi is going back to McLaren but if Massa is leaving I don't know where he is heading. If the diffuser declared illegal Alonso will not be leading the WDC because in the past when ever any part of a team declared illegal they only ask for the removal of that part or make it legal but never have take points of the team or drivers use these parts. Examples are Renault's mass damper, Ferrari's flexi board, Mclaren's 3rd pedal. In all the above examples these team only ordered to remove these parts and they kept their point achieve till that time in the season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I agree with what you`re saying bro. I was only speculating about a scenario where the teams and drivers both lose their points. Neither is going to happen i feel, and if it does it will do a lot of harm to F1.

Btw, where did you get that news from about Renault introducing their own DD diffuser by china? I couldn't find it on any site.

Massa isn`t leaving Ferrari. Seems like the only clause in Alonswo`s cntract which can make him a Ferrari driver by 2010 is, if Raikkonen under-performs this year. Raikkonen won`t be going to Mclaren, he will be going home.

P.S I don't believe it at all, but seems your friend Hamilton might move to Brawn GP.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes, I know as I am the one who posted the aprilfool news but I have never expected that this news could become a reality and the reason is the team itself. As there is another news about Mercedes getting annoyed by this controversy as it is also hurting their reputation and as they are also providing the same engine to Brawn it is easy to ask them to bring Hamilton into their team with let say a big amount also paid to them for the 2010 cars development because the chances of Mclaren getting banned is going upwards day by day.

As for Renault saying they have diffuser for China it is a rumour and we will hear the confirm news just after the decision on Wednesday 15. Even BMW have confirmed that they are working on DD diffuser. Although i found the link but it is in Spanish so use Google Translator to read it.

http://www.lasextadeportes.com/formu...r_en_china/731

Dennis' job could be on the line

Ron Dennis' future as CEO of the McLaren Group is reportedly under serious threat after the team were summoned to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83 and UK

With respect to the financial aspect of the DD diffuser case the three teams with this diffuser are the ones who are financially insecure in F1 and have a lot to hope for from this season. so it does make sense to make it legal for atleast this year to help out these teams.

Alonso leading the WDC this year with or without the diffuser sounds more farfetched to me than seeing him in a Ferrari in 2010. i know its a little early to speculate on these lines just yet, however it seems so obvious to me. Raikonen must retire and should do it honrably before he is thrown out from Ferari and there is no way he is going back to McLaren unless Hamilton decides to quit McLaren after what happened in Australia. in such a case Raikonen would be more than happy to make the switch knowing his days are limited with Ferari and McLaren's issues with Alonso and their need for an experienced driver might also play in his favor.

Nevertheless, seeing Alonso leading this years WDC in a Renault brings back very fond old memories. it seems unlikely but i would a very happy person if that were to happen.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

I have already said this and as @UK said it is a joke if he could lead the champioship with three teams getting Disqualified for those races and I also have said that I want real racing whether by a factory based team or a Private team but the rules should be obliged by both so I have a feeling that when this issue settles we could see another issue raising in just matter of weeks and that will not be the Mclaren issue thats for sure. So start guessing.

Guys, sorry for the news about Ron without the link so here is the link.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...160891,00.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Kubica: KERS makes a difference/h2

Drivers with KERS-equipped cars have a big advantage on the rest of the field when it comes to overtaking and defending their positions, according to Robert Kubica.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...162402,00.html

Honda didn't realise new car had plenty of potential

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes Honda chose to jump ship at the wrong time. The Japanese manufacturer's three years on the grid saw them win just one race in 53 attempts, and with the global economic recession in full swing, the company decided to pull the plug on their F1 operations at the end of last year.

http://planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5161539,00.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haug: Yes, Lewis may quit McLaren

McLaren's chance of retaining Lewis Hamilton could rest on the outcome of their April 29th WMSC hearing as Merc boss Norbert Haug says the Brit was and is still considering quitting.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...165316,00.html

Ecclestone: McLaren could face ban

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone thinks McLaren could face a ban from races after being summoned to appear before FIA's World Motor Sport Council for lying to stewards.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74360

So, the rumour about Lewis are true.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Renault Roadshow ends up in a crash

Multiple Middle Eastern Rally Champion Mohammed Ben Sulayem brought his involvement in Renault's Formula 1 roadshow in Dubai to an early end on Thursday, when he smashed up an R28 in a sizeable accident.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74372

Here is the video

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL!

Strange accident and narrowly missed hitting the car aswell. So, both the cars they had for the show have problems.

@raptor21

I don`t think Raikkonen would stay in F1 after his Ferrari stint is over. He is not the kind of driver who will go to a team and help them fight their way back to the front.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton, Ryan refused to change story

Lewis Hamilton and McLaren's former sporting director Dave Ryan refused to change their story about having deliberately let Jarno Trulli through at the Australian Grand Prix, despite being played radio conversations and media interviews that suggested the contrary in their second stewards' hearing at Sepang.

This week's AUTOSPORT reveals that Hamilton and Ryan maintained their stance in that second hearing that Trulli had taken it upon himself to overtake the McLaren in the closing stages of the Melbourne race, even though the stewards presented them with fresh evidence to say they were lying.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74368

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

A serious question why Renault give they give car in the hands of a rally driver I can't understand that. One more thing after seeing Ferrari blunders and jokes in Sepang I was thinking that they are making us laugh after their poor performance but last night I see the video of another blunder which is also funny and it happens about a decade ago. Do you remember that?
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was looking for the same but couldn't find an answer to it. Must be some relation to common sponsors or something like. He is a pretty big name in rallying in the gulf, but strange that they gave him the car to do this demo run at the autodrome when they have their third driver present along with Adam Khan.

There are many blunders. Are you talking about the famous "three tyres" pitstop of Irvine?

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

User Tag List