3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just finished watching Friday practice 2. Button finished on top, followed by rosberg and Barichello. RBRs did very well and expect them to do even better on race day. Renault on the other hand looked in trouble with Alonso finishing about 2 sec off Button's pace.

lets see what happens tomorrow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Yes, Hamilton is responsible partly for what happened down under and i don't buy the usual bull being churned out by the British press about Hamilton being a young kid and forced to tow the official line. He is old enough to know better, and he chose to go down that route and all that for one point!! He was fourth and being promoted to third would have given him one extra point. Sure it's a podium, but once Trulli got on the podium, there was no need to pursue it 'cause Trulli had taken the important TV time and given his sponsors exposure. Having said that, i don't know what they can do to Hamilton. Maybe a heavy fine, take away whatever little points he has by the time of the hearing and give him say a two race suspended ban for the rest of the season or till next year and maybe send him to the back of the grid for a couple of races.. Anything more than that would be a bit over the top As for father Anthony, he is a drama queen. I hope he takes his son to another team. Top teams don't have an opening and neither would be willing to get rid of a driver to put Hamilton in their car. The only team he can go to and one which has been talked about is Brawn GP. I say do that father Anthony! You gotta be kidding me if you think Brawn GP will be the front runners next season or at the end of this year. His dad is doing the whole drama just to distance his son from what they as a team are likely to face on 29th April, and pretending as if they had nothing to do with it.

As for the sour faced ape, Ron Dennis, leaving us and Mclaren F1 to concentrate on what was it, Mclaren racing cars? LOL! Good luck to him, the guy is dillusional.

@raptor21

I beg to differ on the Toyota and Williams being able to fight with the Brawns. Those two teams would do well to win a race this year, never mind being in the hunt for the title. Mind you, if i ever had to pick a team to support it would be Williams F1 and how i want them to win a race, but i don't see them winning a race or two unless the front runners hit trouble. Toyota have been the most reliable car during winter testing, so they might win a race because of that. Red Bull might get their diffuser too late in the day to do anything about the championship. Why i feel Kubica will do well is the fact that they along with Red Bull were the two teams who actually sand bagged winter testing. They have a fast car, they are running KERS, and don't seem to have too many issues with it, BMW will have a lighter chassis ready in time for Spain so Kubica can run KERS. All that to go with the man` s talent should be enough to make him a title contender.

Toyota and Williams will be the first teams to be caught up by the chasing pack. Brawn GP are in a different league. Their speed is not just down to the diffusers only.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

After looking the Practice Session 2 result I am confused what to say about the result of this GP Force India of Adrian Sutil is ahead of both Reds, both BMWs, both Renaults, the worldchampion Lewis Hamilton. I don't know how could Heiki get away with 9th otherwise all last year top teams are behind Force India.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

They are all working on set ups and not really interested in putting up competitive lap times on Friday. Of course,if you have a fast car like the Brawn GP, it is easy to do set up work and still be fast enough. Force India is trying to get some column space and air time by running light to upstage the usual suspects. Come qualifying normal service will resume.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari: Removing KERS has not helped

Ahem! If i say anything Beglar and NS will get upset

Flavio Briatore is such a sore loser

While the championship is now fought between a driver who was almost retired and another one who is a good guy but a paracarro (Italian saying for being as slow as a milepost at the side of a road)," Briatore told Gazzetta dello Sport. In three or four grands prix, the title will be already decided, and I can't see what interest TV and spectators can have in seeing a race when Button has 60 points, [Kazuki] Nakajima 50, and someone else 80: it's better to listen to a race like that on the radio, and watch anything but that.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Looks like Flavio is taking the place which is being just vacant by Ron and we all know Flavio is a big baby. As for his assumptions that someone other then Button is the one I am interested in. Because he is the one who will take the crown w.r.t Flavio. Any guess who he could be?

As for Friday Practice used mostly testing good setup I understand but what I have seen was all these top teams are facing problems with the Tyres.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button slams 'bitter' Briatore

Formula One championship leader
    Jenson Button
    hit back at a jibe from Flavio Briatore about his driving, saying the
    Renault
    boss had tried to hire him for this season.

Briatore told Italian media the decision to declare legal the rear diffuser used by Button's Brawn GP car had as good as decided the title, adding that the Briton was "as quick as a milestone".

It looks like Flavio is just jealous because Button don't accept his offer.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

The other could be Rubens, and how we`d all love to see him win. A great guy who lost out on a few titles because he was not only racing in Schumacher's time but also as his team mate.

Some teams like Ferrari, umm lets just say are struggling. Others like Mclaren, BMW and ONE Renault were working on set up. Tires will be a problem for all since Bridgestone have brought those super softs to China. Other than that, I don't think it will be such an issue.

Flavio is a jerk, but one must understand what the seven teams are saying especially Renault. They, Renault, showed FIA a design pretty much similar to what the diffuser three have on their cars and they were told by the FIA, it was illegal. So they didn't pursue it and now it's suddenly become legal.

I am not so sure an offer would have been made to Button. It makes no sense to offer anyone a seat along side Alonso, and no will be willing to take up that seat even if offered. Mr Button might not be speaking the truth or rather the complete truth. Maybe he was offered to drive for Renault after Honda pulled out of F1 when Flavio thought he could get him cheaply.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes FIA have declared their design illegal because may be they have done the same mistake which is they get confused in the definition of hole and gap in the underneath of the car. Reason for such assumption is they protested that when you see directly below from the car you could see the moving parts specially the rear suspension and that is according to the 94' treaty is illegal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Look at the back of Brawn GP. You can see all that and more but it is deemed to be legal now some how

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

The rule said that from below the car no moving part should be visible but from behind every one could see the rear suspension and other mechanical working. This rule is been imposed just after the black day at San Marino.

Alonso hits out in 'super soft' row

Formula One's diffuser row may have been resolved but the new regulations for this season are still causing controversy with twice former world champion Fernando Alonso blasting new tyre rules.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa: 'We're even slower without KERS'

Felipe Massa has criticised Ferrari's decision not to run with KERS in Shanghai, claiming its removal has only reduced the pace of the F60.

Two rubbish drivers respond to Briatore

The 'almost-retired' driver of Brawn GP and his 'slow' team-mate have hit back at the incredible outburst of Renault's Flavio Briatore by denouncing the Italian as 'bitter' and a 'bad loser'.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -940856

Parr: Ferrari declared their own cars illegal

Williams CEO Adam Parr has attempted to clear up the confusion surrounding claims that he accused Ferrari of racing illegal cars over the past decade, saying in fact it was the Scuderia who stated that their own cars were illegal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

i agree with the fact that Kubica is an immensely talented guy and should be very competetive this season especially with a lighter chasis and KERS on board. but as i see it, its a race to who so ever gets the car redone with new aerodynamics and the new diffuser the quickest and i also understand Williams and Toyota will be caught up by the middle runners come Europe but i am sure they will be improving on their cars as well to stay ahead. so the competion is gonna be very tough.

One car that has amazed me the most this season is the RBR, and if they can get the car redone in time then i am gonna be betting my money on them to compete with the Brawn's. And as i hear Adrian Newey is back in office re-designing the RBR the old fashioned way with a pencil and paper. i hope they can get it in time on track to actually see the results, but they are certainly closer to the front pack then the rest of the middle runners and hence they have less of catching up to do.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I undrestang Flavio being upset with the FIA ruling on the diffuser issue but taking jibes at Button and Barichello was totally uncalled for and reflects on his poor sportsmanship.

On a side note Nelson Piquet would be very unhappy about his spot being on the line. not that he would have realised it by now w.r.t his performance but the fact that now its out in the open would sure make him very uncomfortable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

That problem lies in "they will be improving on their cars too" Williams is running on a very small budget and if the shoe was on the other foot, i.e. Williams had to develop this diffuser, they would have been dead. Luckily that is not the case, but don't know how they will develop their car throughout th year to keep intouch with the car giants who must win at any cost to justify them being in F1 especially as Williams show no sign of introducing KERS anytime soon. The other teams will iron out their KERS problems too with time. As for Toyota, they have shown that success in F1 cannot be bought. I hope they win a race or two so they can justify their F1 involvement in the current financial crisis, but don't see them as a team who will make steady progress. To achieve what they want from F1, Toyota will need to employ one of the top drivers.

RBR could be a mess in a few weeks time. Adrian Newey either gets it spot on or he designs a dog of a car. The current car is very different in it's design from other and it's very low COG might be one of it's biggest advantage, but having to put in a diffuser they have to change their car the most, and that might affect the over all performance of their car.

On a different note, we here apart from watching F1 and bad mouthing Hamilton,( most of the time) also play a fantasy F1 league game. Are you a part of that by any chance? If not here is the link if you want to participate. Rules are on the first page and not difficult to follow.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!98776~ForumID!28~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

Thankyou for forwarding me the link. just got me self registered. This means i will be spending less time bad mouthing Hamilton i dont see how that can be fun.

i have picked my drivers and team, lets see how it goes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My question to all, did Renault test the new diffuser this Friday as was anticipated? cuz i dont think they did.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Welcome and good luck bro.

Don't you worry about missing out on bad mouthing Hamilton. We have special days for that, like 365 days a year

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaaaaaaay! i am happy now. now this would be fun.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I haven't read anywhere that they did, yet the rumor doing the rounds is that they will run with their DD diffuser tomorrow. I don't understand why they would wait for Saturday to try it. Plus, i just read on one of the websites that they might be running without KERS like Ferrari.

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

User Tag List