3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

I am certainly not talking about a quick switchover as his contract with Redbull will end at the end of 2010 season. What I am saying is in the context that Ferrari goes down just like before Schumacher joins them or even before 2000. And if you could believe Ferrari have already wants Vettel in their team and they thought about that just after the Monza win last season. Because STR Ferrari is a joint venture between Redbull and Ferrari.

Well it depends on what kind of weather we are having if it's hot and humid then about 4 to 6 hours and if having a breezy day then 3 to 4 hours. On average 4 hours we are facing loadshedding and may be get worst in may because the summer will just hotup in that month. Some areas are facing up to 8 hours of loadshedding.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is always talk about linking any driver who wins a race or two to Ferrari. Last year and the year before, all the talk was about Hamilton being pursued by Ferrari. How Ferrari had contacted him, and how he just "looked" like a Ferrari driver. A year or so later, after Vettel`s victory at Monza, the websites started reporting how Ferrari wanted him in their car and during all this time, Alonso has constantly been linked to a future Ferrari move and there were once some reports of Kubica going there. So take all that stuff with a pinch of salt.

There is no denying Vettel's undoubted talent. The kid is for real, but I am surprised how much is made of his win given that his team-mate finished very close to him, and had it not been for that one moment in the race for Webber, he would have been even closer. That says a lot about how good the car was in the wet and also a small mention of how the two Red Bull cars blew away the Brawn GP, who clearly are the class of the field at the moment. So, it's not like Vettel ran away to victory up at the front of the field and his team mate languished somewhere at the bottom of the top ten.

As for who goes to Ferrari, i think a lot depends on what Ferrari do this year and the following year. Alonso will not agree if it's this Ferrari, unless he has one more world title. He can then go, set up camp and start the rebuilding process which might take a couple of years and then be there to reap the rewards. If his Renault continues to be better than the Ferrari, and most likley it will be, he is not likely to join them anytime soon. One thing is certain though, if he joins Ferrari, there will be no place for Vettel or anyone else. Ferrari will revert back to having a clear number one and have a side kick for Alonso. That is the way to win as was amply shown by Schumacher over the years, it's the way Hamilton won, BMW clearly have a clear number one and team leader and that is what Ferrari expected from Raikkonen. They will get it from Alonso or Vettel, who ever gets there first. Smart money is on Alonso
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

If i have to bet i will put my money on Vettel other then that Buemi not Alonso or Kubica. As for Hamilton there is certainly something cooking behind the curtains otherwise what we have seen in last two weeks or so have no meaning whatsoever. Rubens should understand it by now that he is still have to act as number 2 and If Brawn got no challenge in the upcoming few races may be we could see another Austria 2002.

DC expects Ferrari will catch up sooner or later

Despite their worst start to a season in 27 years, Ferrari will catch up with the rest of the pack sooner or later, according to David Coulthard.

Now some talk about the new controversey in the making.

FOTA facing challenge to maintain unity

The Formula One Teams' Association is facing a tough challenge to stay united following the controversy over diffusers, the sport's figures agree.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

My good friend, I am so happy you are not a gambling man or you would blow away all your money.

Sebastein Buemi is a journeyman. Don't go by what he has done this season in a car designed by Adrian Newey secretly, and only fitted with a Ferrari engine rather than a Renault engine. He has not shown any sign in the junior formulae to actually deserve a seat in F1. He is in F1 because of his nationality, and while in F1 he might start to shine, but with the Alonsos, Kubicas, Vettels and Hamiltons of this world, Buemi will always be the bridesmaid.

Ferrari will not hire him in a million years except as a sidekick to one of the very top drivers. All i was saying was that every top driver is linked to Ferrari when they do well. I was not suggesting that Kubica is going to Ferrari or Hamilton wanted to go to Ferrari back in '07 or '08.

Ferrari know who their driver is, and they have a four year contract with him.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Newey: New diffuser not before Monaco

Red Bull's technical boss Adrian Newey has ruled out the introduction of a double-decker diffuser in the team's race-winning RB5 before the Monaco Grand Prix next month.

The Renault-powered car, driven by Sebastien Vettel, gave Red Bull Racing its maiden Formula 1 victory at last weekend's Chinese Grand Prix.

Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber finished in second as a car not fitted with a double-decker diffuser won a race for the first time this year.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is Robert Kubica switching to Brawn GP???A friend told me that.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Questions are already starting to rise up about the "worst kept secret" that whether if this form continues for this plus next season he may not want to be part of it. We already have seen suspicion of scrapping this year's car and start developing 2010 car and the reason behind that is also much strong then just this season's performance. As we knows next season no refuelling during pitstops, KERS standard, may be a new tyre supplier because Bridgestone deal is over at the end of this season.

STR is a test bed for RedBull so expect anything and it is also a test bed for Ferrari as it is based in Italy also at the end of this season the team is up for sale so can we all the Pakwheel members could combine our efforts to buy the team so that next season we have Force India, USF1 and Team Pakwheels on the grid with you been the Team boss, beglar the strategy builder, me the funny part incharge. Your Thoughts????????

@SLR

First where are you. Then for your query no Kubica is not switching to Brawn infact it was Hamilton who have been rumoured to be switching to Brawn from Mclaren.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Are you sure the Bridgestone deal is ending this year? I thought it was something like a five year deal. Can't possibly be that five years have passed!

I agree that given the current form, and it might get even worse as the season goes might deter the "chosen one" from moving to Ferrari in a hurry. I was just reading what Nikki Lauda had to say about Ferrari, and Lauda, should know a thing or two as he drove for them and must say it doesn't look very good.

Ferrari under pressure

As for buying the Toro Rosso team, i think beglar has enough money to buy it on his own and get us all on the team. Hey, you`re the genius not me! I would say you be the team boss, beglar being a weasel should be the strategist, NS will sabotage every other team except Ferrari, and me, let`s just say I am not a fan of working too hard so to make things easy i will be with the pitbabes. Don't get any idea now! It will only be to make sure we have the best pitbabes for our team, and i will personally check them out for that reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with UK on this one. i will bet my money on Alonso switching to Ferrari in 2010. it might also rekindle that rivalry between Alonso and Hamilton that everybody has been so craving for. it also makes sense to have the best driver in the best car. granted Ferrari isn't doing so well this year but thats gotta change, sooner or later they will come back.

@ genius83

what do you mean by no refuelling during pitstops for next season? how will that work out?

@ UK

hey, you checking out the pit babes alone. thats not on man. we need to talk.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well I may be the genius but you have the experience and sometimes genius may fail but the chances of experience person failing are lower then an intelligent newbie. As for you selecting the pitbabes please don't become Eddie Jordan. Who would be the tyre caller during wet Kizzi, comtrak, sub4er, raptor.

I think the bridgestone deal was for 3 years but if it is 5 years as you said then they have 2 more years of supplying left because the deal started in 2007 and end at the end of 2011.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raptor

Refuelling is ban from next season they have to make bigger fuel tanks to fit in the cars and also fitting large fuel tanks means they have to design the cars all over again with new dimension. I have a feeling we will see new cars just the likes of late 80's early 90's cars.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No 'harmony' between Red Bull drivers - Marko

According to team advisor Helmut Marko, "harmony" is not the word to describe the relationship of Red Bull's two drivers.

@All

keep checking this topic

http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php...71058&start=40&
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

should hire babes as pit crew and im sure all tharki pakistani audience will be covered and PW F1 will get alot of sponsers aswell (y)
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

'Stupid' problem has Ferrari scratching their heads

Felipe Massa has bemoaned Ferrari's bad luck after a "very small and stupid problem" forced him to retire from last weekend's Chinese Grand Prix.

Bridgestone plans narrower front tyre

Bridgestone is planning to introduce a narrower and lower profile front tyre next season to better suit the handling characteristics of the current generation of Formula 1 cars.

Tost 'surprised' by Buemi's strong start

Scuderia Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost has admitted that he is surprised by rookie Sebastien Buemi's early-season form, despite his belief that the rookie would emerge as a regular points scorer later in the year.

Liuzzi eyes race return in 2010

Vitantonio Liuzzi is eyeing a race drive with Force India next season as both Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil's contracts expire at the end of 2009.

GPDA to consult MotoGP over night race

Grand Prix Drivers' Association director Mark Webber plans to consult MotoGP riders about the difficulty of racing under lights in the rain, ahead of this year's Singapore Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Schumi: Never write Ferrari off

Michael Schumacher has warned that it would be foolish to write Ferrari off so early in the season.

Lola evaluating 2010 F1 return

British racing car manufacturer Lola is considering re-entering Formula 1 next year after confirming that it has committed to a full technical, operational and financial evaulation of the project.

Indecision on KERS surprises Haug

Mercedes Motorsport boss Norbert Haug admits he has been taken aback by the F1 teams' indecision on KERS.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CLEAR SKIES EXPECTED IN BAHRAIN

After atrocious conditions in the past two grands prix, some drivers will be relieved to hear that sunny conditions are expected for this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2New floor and diffuser for Force India in Bahrain/h2

Force India are making major revisions to their car for this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix, as the team continue the search for their first Formula One points. A revised floor and diffuser will be among the changes debuting on the VJM02 at Sakhir.

h2Ecclestone car collection to wow crowds in Bahrain/h2

Over 20 Grand Prix and Formula One racing cars from the private collection of Formula One Management CEO Bernie Ecclestone will provide a stunning exhibition throughout this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix meeting. This rare and exclusive collection has never before been seen in public and underlines the relationship which the Bahraini people and the Grand Prix organisers have with Mr Ecclestone.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL yes, that is another in FIA's long list of cost saving measures. Making teams redesign their cars to have bigger fuel tanks as refueling ban comes into effect from 2010. Not just making bigger fuel tanks, but teams must find another place to fit KERS as the battery is currently in the fuel tank. Stupid FIA, making teams spend millions on KERS when these teams might not even want to use it. It's already turning out to be the disaster of '09.

@genius83

You were right about it being a three year deal. Personally i don't see any tire supplier bothering to come into F1 in the near future because of the financial crisis. Bridgestone will continue to be the sole suppliers by default at least for 2010.

As for the team, I insist that you be the head of the team. Being a genius, I'm sure you will get it right. I think most jobs should go to the regulars on this thread so my vote would be for raptor21, but i am thinking of delegating some of my duties to him. I can't check all the pit babes so he might be helping me out on that front

@raptor21

Why don't you concentrate on working for the team and leave the silly stuff like pit babes to me?B-) Okayyyy if you insist, here is what i can do. I will personally check the pitbabes in Oz, the season opener, to get the good feel factor( pun intended) I will check the French babes( whenever there is a French GP) I will absolutely check the Italian pit babes( no compromise on them) I will check the Belgian pit babes, I will of course check the Brazilian pit babes and i will check the German pit babes. Lemme think if i have missed some.....oh i insist on checking beglar's entry i.e. the Canadian pit babes whenever F1 returns to north America and i will check the pit babes at Monte Carlo. I think that's about all. You can check the rest, but the responsibility can be taken from you at anytime without notice

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Briatore upbeat over Renault progress

A bullish Flavio Briatore is adamant Renault are on the rise again despite their sluggish start to the current Formula One season.

Red Bull considers engine options

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner is in no rush to extend the team's race-winning partnership with Renault into 2010, as it weighs up an engine deal with Mercedes for next season.

FIA consults teams on budget cap

The FIA has asked Formula 1 team principals for their input on whether the £30 million per season budget cap figure announced at last month's World Council meeting should be revised, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

@UK

Yes it should be handle by the regulars on this forum but most of the regulars are nowadays not replying in this forum. Now some serious talk this FIA budget cap report is all suggesting that cosworth is in negotiation with about not 1, not 2 but 8 teams means the chances of having pre qualifying is also increasing.

Analysis: Lola's history in Formula 1

Lola announced today that it is evaluating a return to Formula 1, 12 years after its failed attempt to re-join the world championship in 1997 and 16 since it last contested a race as a factory team. But as a chassis builder the company has been involved on-and-off since 1962.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

Thank you for being so considerate! i am actually going to decline on the offer. you can check'em all you want i would rather check out the other beauties and may be even take them out for a spin once in a while (no pun intended). B-)

@ all

Considering so much depends on what happens in those pitstops wouldn't getting rid of refuelling pit stops ruin half the fun of watching F1? besides watching pit crew make blunders for eg. i remember at a cruical juncture in the last years season Massa driving off from the pits with a hose attached to his car and i am sure there are countless others that you can think of, would happen no more.

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

User Tag List