3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stunning laps from Massa and Vettel. Fuel corrected, both those drivers would be on the front row of the grid with Vettel on pole. Brawn GP has not been the best car over one lap qualifying so their performance is not a surprise. For me the qualifying story has to be Massa! I thought he might well be pretty light which is not the case. Ferrari have made a huge step forward, and their race pace has always been pretty good, much like Brawn GP. Massa is the only driver in the top ten to be running KERS which should give him an advantage at the start if he can make a good start from what will be a very dirty side. If the two Brawns make it 1-2 into turn one which is very likely, then i think Rubens should win his first race of the season. Ideally, Brawn would want Button to win as the chasing pack is closing in fast.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for massa
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stunning lap from Massa indeed. I am guessing they are depending heavily on the Ferrari's KERS, trying to get ahead of as many cars as possible during the start and then stay out there longer.

Tomorrow's race is not to be missed as it will tell how much have Ferrari gained from this update of theirs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys... i've been away from the forum for a bit recovering from an accident... the driver of an 18 wheeler seems to have been inspired by hamilton as he rear ended me when the lights were red... anyway he rear ended me and sort of rammed my car into the one in front of me... i was the meat in a car wreck sandwich. Feeling much better now. Had a crap load of stitches and a few broken ribs and a wicked whip lash strain in the neck... my left hand was messed up... but managed to save lefty... the car looked a bit like crumpled paper so am happy to have come out of the wreckage alive...

@genius

Thanks for the email bud... just wasn't feeling up to typing at the time so wasnt able to respond...

looks like F1 has decided to move on without me eh. Well I've made my selection for this weekend but I have to say I haven't got a clue as to whats going on and my choices were made while under the influence of some very strong (and very heavily recommended for @UK) pain killers. If I remember right I have stuck to alonso... i did so only because I heard he lost over 5kg in the bahrain race and i thought well that means he will be running light (get it?)... have stuck to rosberg and this is the final race i shall be picking him... if he doesnt pay me back this time around then he can squander in anonymity for the rest of the season as far as i am concerned. Have gone for rubens though i was tempted to go for vettel... team red bul.... thats for the heck of it.

crap this isnt the f1 league forum... oh well... catch you guys after the race...
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Pretty much saying the same stuff here. Good to have you back and really glad it was just that. Could have been a lot worse. Perfect time to get a new car, that's the silver lining, if any.

Hopefully Ferrari and Massa can give you a good present later today to make the aches and pains, shall i say a little less painful 'cause those ribs take ages to recover. My ribs still hurt from a motor bike accident some 18 odd years back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

yeah I know... the doc said something along those lines about the ribs... the wrist on my left hand is completely fudged though... am hoping I can get 80% usage back... lets see...

Man from the sounds of it the qualifying was really good... pretty bummed I missed it. Am going to catch the race for sure though... its on at 04:55 at my end... I need to time my sleep cycle just right...

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

finally Kovalainen is lighter than Hamilton.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

First off all really sorry to hear about your accident and also glad that you are fine apart from some serious injuries and praying to Allah for your healty recovery.

Now about last 2 weeks of discussion we have done on this topic about different things one of that was STR is up for sale at the end of this season and last day I posted a news report quoting Bernie that 2 American teams want to join the F1. What are the chances that may be the second is your's.

@UK

Thats a fantastic performance by Massa, but during the PS3 Kimi did slip and do a 360 as I watching on the livestreaming the commentary was like "
    he goes left and left and left and left and now he is back on to track.
    "

For the race I think if Massa executes the KERS to perfection then he will be ahead of Brawns and Redbull in the first corner otherwise the race could be between Vettel and Brawns. This is the first race where all three types of cars are present on the front row although Ferrari have DD but his main weapon at the start is the KERS and not the DD.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar

Just to give you some funny moments here are some videos.

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am trying not to re-start hating Ross Brawn, as i did for so many years, but i am not impressed with what he has done with Rubens. Why switch him from a two stop to three? Because he wants Button to win!! They had things pretty much under control as they were, but Brawn as always runs a clear number one at his team and I guess, Button is that guy in this team. How was Rubens going to make up 23-24 seconds with 17 odd laps of fuel i don't know. Rubens has just made it to second after Massa and Vettel pitted.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man I am furious at Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm sick and tired of rubens being used as the support driver... WTF?! What a $hit$y thing to do... not very impressed with buttons celebration either... I'm back to declaring him by the name most know him by... w@nker.

Ferrari are in a shambles... they need to break it down and rebuild... and they need to stop getting creative with their strategies when they are struggling to even finish in the points.

@genius

thanks man... good stuff.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

poor massa just lost it at the end.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

button and ross are g@y
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ LOL
    You don't play cat & mouse games when you are the mouse!
    Ragar diya!......Kulpi Wala.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK and beglar

I think i already have said that Rubens need to understand that he is still the No.2 driver in the team and that is really sad for me to see some one like the experience of Rubens to be just use like need for team's title and never give the chance of going really towards a victory.

beglar thanks for appreciating the videos, but I think you have miss the real hilarious commentary what we have to bear through the race by everyone's truely StarSports. Just some examples

"Rubens is the first man to go for the 2nd schedule pitstop, and Fisichella is also in the pits for his 2nd schedule pitstop so now Rubens is the first and Fisichella is the first I mean Fisichella is the first and Rubens is the 2nd man to do their shcedule pitstop."
    Commentator

Steve Slater

"I think Rubens is on a 3 stop but may be during their 2nd stop they have fuel him for the end of race."
    Commentator

Steve Slater

What has happened to Vettel is still not understandable he really deserves a better result.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello suspects glitch slowed him

Rubens Barrichello said he suspected something might have broken on his car after being beaten to Spanish Grand Prix victory by his Brawn team-mate Jenson Button.

Brawn: Barrichello should have won by three-stopping

Ross Brawn has insisted that the three-stopping Rubens Barrichello should have been faster than the two-stopping Jenson Button in the Spanish GP and refuted suggestions that the team has already decided to favour their English title-leading driver.

Vettel: Red Bull had pace to challenge Brawns

Seb Vettel believes that his Red Bull had the pace to take on the Brawns at the Spanish GP if only he didn't spend his Sunday afternoon in Barcelona becoming an expert in the rear-end of Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

Hamilton: I don't have the car to win the title

An utterly disconsolate Lewis Hamilton has all-but admitted that he will be unable to retain the World Championship this season.

Barrichello: I don't know how I lost

He probably didn't realise that the world was listening in but it was a complaint that is bound to be at the nub of the post-race debate in Spain. "I don't know how I lost this race" complained Rubens Barrichello to Jenson Button after the Englishman won the battle of the Brawns in Barcelona.

Toro Rosso duo regret first lap mayhem

Toro Rosso driver Sebastien Bourdais believes he was lucky not to roll during the four-car pile-up that put both himself and his team-mate Sebastien Buemi out of the Spanish Grand Prix on the opening lap.

'Ferrari President & Max set to talks'

The Formula One Teams' Association are to meet with FIA President Max Mosley within the next seven to 10 days in the hope of finding a solution to the budget cap row currently dominating the sport.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's sad what happened today which ever way they, the Brawn GP try to explain it. If both were on three stops and they realized two stops was going to be quicker than why not put Rubens on that too? A team splits it's strategy once there is a threat from another team or a high probability of a safety car period. There was none of that today. Ross Brawn coming on Radio and asking Button if he thought he could go quicker was a give away early in the race. One can argue that he made the best decision from his teams point of view. They will win the constructors for sure, but want to make sure the drivers title is out of reach for others too. Based on today's race, those Red Bulls are mighty fast, but unlikely that a challenge would come from another team. Others might win races, but won't be in a position to fight for either title. On today's evidence, the Ferrari is still some way off from winning so too is BMW and Renault. Oh and there is Mclaren, okay enough said about Mclaren.

Webber was my driver of the day. He ran an amazing middle stint to pass both Vettel and Massa. Just shows how good that car really is. Some how i don't feel the DD diffuser will give them any significant edge. The concept of their car is totally different and putting a DD diffuser will require changing a lot of things which might mess up the car. Button drove well, sad to say he drove like the champion elect of 2009. Never thought i would live to see this day but i have seen Hamiilton being crowned world champion, this can't be any worse. If anything, it might kill the Hamilton hype a little. The Mclaren will struggle on tracks where the aerodynamics of a car are at it's premium like Barcelona and Silverstone etc. Some one give them Brawn design quickly or something else to copy paste.

Over at Joker F1, Ross Brawn wanted to take the place of Jean Todt when he left, and that's why Brawn took a year off. LDM said no, and that Ferrari were going to go back to it's Italian roots. They sure have done that, and Brawn is having the last laugh, perched on the pit wall like a big bear, he looks at what has happened to what was once his team, and bet he can't hide his grin.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes, Webber is the driver of this race and he really did a great job specially the overtake against Alonso was really good.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rubens is starting to wake up from the sleep and looks like a good controversy in the making.

Rubens: I won't tolerate team orders

Rubens Barrichello has threatened to quit Formula One if he senses team orders coming into play in his fight for the title with team-mate Jenson Button.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

User Tag List