3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i hate KERS system in F1 nowadya....

its good for nothing .....

specially Ferari ......

i simply HATING it.....

really upset with Ferrari.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -948995

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi everyone, i am back after a break. the last week was really hectic and had to catch a flight to Pakistan. I am finally back home in Karachi and Oh yes its HOTand HUMID. I can picture UK laughing at me but save it for later as I am going to tell you about my ordeal this weekend.

I had scheduled my flight so as not to miss the qualifying this Saturday but after three days of travelling i was so exhausted i missed the qualifying. Next day was the race. I had two seperate TVs and two different cable service providers dedicated to this Sundays race and this is how they both betrayed me. I started watching it on Sun TV but the signal would pause several times every minute and that was really annoying me so i switched to the cable, eveything was going fine and i had this TV on UPS back up not knowing that the cable operator had no back up for the cable service. his power went off and so did the channel. i switched back to SUN TV and suddenly apart from the screen freezes their transnmission would pause for several minutes during the race and by that time Steve Slater was just killing me. there is something seriously wrong with him. With ten laps remaining in the race SUN TV guys decided that they would rather watch somethig else and they very conveniently just switched the channel. can you believe that?, i was so pissed off! I couldn't watch the last ten laps of the race until Monday when I caught the last three laps still havent seen laps 55- 62. That was painful. Its was like showing a candy to a kid and putting it back in your pocket. I dont mean to sound very comlaining but this is what actually happened. I am planning to go back to US before Monaco GP plus the weather is just too damn hot (not that i cant tolerate it. i would rather be in a cooler place.) Yes you guys can laugh now.

You konw that felling when something good or exciting is going on TV and suddenly the power would go off and your heart just sinks. I am sure you guys can relate to that. I grew up with that feeling all my life and would always be so anxious in such moments, even in US i would instinctively think that power would go off or something of that sort would happen. It took me a long time to get over that and guess what that painful feeling is back. Arrghhhh!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ beglar

man i read you were in an accident. sorry to hear that. i hope you are doing well now. Inshallah you will get better. and dont be too depressed about Ferrari, their was a glimmer of hope this weekend until Ferrari screwed it again. hoping for a speedy recovery for you and team Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

I was thinking when you and beglar are not showing on the forum that you guys are just like Ferrari which have good pace throughout the pre season testing and when the time comes to show their true pace they start Mind boggling. Now when you guys showed up you both have far more better reason of abscence then Ferrari.

@all

I was just thinking Ferrari having trouble with their KERS from the start of season is it because of the weather as they have done only winter testing and now all over northern hemisphere its summer time so they just don't have the chance of testing the KERS in hot temperature. The amazing thing is that most of the races are in northern hemisphere.

We have seen so many mistakes by Ferrari from the start that now the fans are guessing instead of the result their next mistake. So what are your predictions for the next mistakes.

Trulli incident in the first lap should be check by the FIA and some penalty should be awarded to Trulli and Sutil. Reason Trulli came out straight in the path of other cars while Sutil have cut the chicane with out any reason. The STR drivers are completely innocent because Beumi just brakes to avoid Trulli while Bourdais have no chance of braking.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen: Team still knows how to win

Kimi Raikkonen says he is confident that Ferrari has not lost the ability to win races, and believes its current lack of results is just a temporary situation.

Brawn: Rubens' rant shows fighting spirit

Ross Brawn believes Rubens Barrichello's bitterness following his latest defeat by team-mate Jenson Button is "a healthy sign."

Ferrari: Pace the only positive in Spain

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says the only positive the Italian squad can extract from the Spanish Grand Prix is the improved speed of its car.

Domenicali: Ferrari not giving up

While Felipe Massa has written off Ferrari's chances of winning this year's World titles, his team boss Stefano Domenicali insists there is still time for the Italian marque to fight back.

Whitmarsh: Lewis is a fighter

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh has again been left thanking his lucky stars he has Lewis Hamilton on his side.

Red Bull will not enter two-tier F1

Red Bull's two Formula 1 teams will not be entered in next year's world championship, their owner Dietrich Mateschitz has confirmed, unless changes are made to budget cap rules introduced by the FIA.

I know Ross is also good at PR but this is pure stupid he is just pouring salt on Rubens wounds and that is bad. He certainly have a clear No.1 in the form of Jenson and what he said about wishing Rubens for winning a race but also made it clear that it would not comes from the team orders and Rubens have to find a way to do it all by himself. I am fearing for another Austria 2002 in this season.

On the other hand if Jenson have achieved comprehensive lead let say by the end of August this season may be Ross ditch this season's further development and start working on 2010 spec car.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where to start......I need a lot of space to talk about raptor21

Okay firstly, let me say what i think about the race and season. To me one thing is clear, Ross Brawn is at it again and LYING! That is second nature to him, I am sure both the Brawn cars were on a 2 stop strategy and once Rubens got the jump on Button, at the start, Brawn changed Rubens to a three stop. Yes, three stop is quicker around Barcelona, but usually it's done against another team and driver when you feel they might have an advantage over you on a two stop strategy, like maybe their car looks after its tires better so they have more consistent lap times, and so you opt for a more aggressive strategy to counter that. What Brawn did at Barcelona is to look after his team's interest. The new aero package they brought is said to be worth about four tenths of a second. If we look at the Q2 times, the Ferrari is only about two tenths or so slower, the Renault is five tenths slower, and BMW might be between these two teams and possibly quicker once their DD diffuser is on the car. The championship is far from over, in the years gone by we have seen a team and driver start off really well, then slowly caught up in the second half of the season. Ferrari don't have reliability, BMW don't have the DD diffuser for now, and Renault are getting new parts for Monaco and Turkey. If any of these three teams get within a tenth or so of Brawn, they have the drivers to mount a challenge for the world title. If they continue to struggle after round seven or eight then it would be time to be realistic and give up any hope. That is why I think Brawn did what they did at Barcelona. Rubens was shafted, and Brawn should shut up and enjoy his moment of glory.

@genius83

Ferrari is not the only Team using KERS. Mclaren, Renault and BMW are also using it. Unlike Ferrari who at least tested in the relative heat of Bahrain during winter testing, the other teams did not have that luxcury. Sorry, it has nothing to do with heat or testing it in winter, It's simple Ferrari incompetence, and as time goes on you will get used to it. This is what Ferrari was, and worse. They are going back to their Italian roots as LDM said, remember?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Welcome welcome our resident Stefano Domeicali of this thread dude, did you take a boat from the US to get here in three days? or maybe PIA! both would explain the length of time, infact in PIA's case you might still have been stranded somewhere in Europe even now.

So, how's stuff? Had any mangoes yet? The season here(Peshawar) hasn't started yet. I see that you are enjoying the nice climate and the unique phenomena that is load shedding or as our minister of load shedding has started calling it " load sharing" In his words, Iss ko load shedding na kahein, ye load sharing hai! I was like, you ***, is there any difference if you use a fancy term for it!!

I see that you enjoyed Star sports and commentary from "race central" The link posted by genius83 is pretty good, when it works, but you are leaving before the next race so you won't need it. As for laughing at your plight, i have been doing just that since you made the announcement of coming here in May.

Lastly, Beglar got " rear ended" so spare a thought for him, and not just that he was also a "sandwich" after that I would suggest all use urbandictionary.com to get an idea of what really happened to him.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I would say yes I remember the LDM comments and also knows that Ferrari have tested at Bahrain but even in Bahrain at that time it was in early to mid 20's. As you said that Ferrari's problem lies in reliability so how could they come over it in just 2 or 3 races all other teams have a chance or two but Ferrari have the car for the title without reliability and that is a big problem. Now we are heading towards Monaco where fast speed setup is not required but a high downforce one is required so I think Ferrari should drop their KERS and do a better weight distribution so the chance could stay alive because Monaco is a lottery and who better gamble will be the winner.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

My point being that testing it in whatever weather does not make any difference. Other teams have had to use the same KERS device , and they seem to be doing pretty okay with it, especially the Germans. Ferrari is just plain unreliable and it's not down to KERS not working on their car. To be brutally honest, they do not have the car to fight for any title this year. Yes, they will improve their car a lot as they already have, but their their drivers are so far behind Button, at this point in time that if and when Ferrari get their car up to pace they will need other people to help them win the title. Like the BMW drivers taking points off Button and Brawn, Alonso, Hamilton and the Red Bull drivers, and even with all that help they will need to make one driver a clear number one and have the other back him. The other teams, if they get in the title fight have clear team leaders and will not face that problem. The only competition that Brawns have right now are the Red Bull Racing. Had the race not been on this boring Spanish track, Vettel would long have over taken Massa and given chase to the two Brawn cars.

KERS is of help on some tracks, so it cannot be dropped altogether. What they can do is decide race by race as Renault and BMW do. Monaco this year is not really a lottery if you think about it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK No thank God it wasn't PIA but I had a long stop over at Heathrow airport. I started traveling on 7th and arrived on 9th, so technically it was three days. Hmmm! I am enjoying mangoes and desi food my body was so craving for.

Some thoughts about the race, Rubens was definitely screwed up by Ross Brawn. I believe it is still too early to have Button as clear number 1 for BRAWN. Rubens seemed to have the pace and should have won it on a two stop strategy. we may see a start of another controversy here. may be Rubens would start pushing harder, which is all good I think. Button isnt making any friends for sure. you have to earn the title fair and square.

Vettel spent almost all race behind Massa's slower Ferrari, his team engineer should have changed his strategy some what on the lines of what they did with Webber to give him a chance to fight for the podium. Alonso had a good race and the pass on the last lap on Massa was awesome. hearing the team radio conversation telling Massa to let Vettel go was sad (cuz Massa defended well) and funny (to see Ferrari screw it yet again). Ferrari's problems run deep and i hope they can fix them soon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button: There'll be no pussyfooting around Monaco

Jenson Button is ready to put his Monaco ghosts to rest when he chases his fifth win of the season around the streets of the principality next weekend.

Brundle: Button is Brawn GP's No1

BBC pundit Martin Brundle has weighed in on the Brawn GP team order debate, saying he wouldn't be surprised if, at least 'subconsciously', the team has picked Jenson Button as their No1 driver.

'Vettel is a fixture within Red Bull'

Christian Horner has once again staked Red Bull's claim on Sebastian Vettel, warning rival outfits that the German will not be leaving the team any time soon.

@raptor21

Okay I will put my words in anotherway Jenson is not the clear no.1 for now but Rubens is a clear no.2 in Ross Brawn's book because of his Ferrari days when they both are companions. Ross knows how to handle Rubens in no.2 situation easily then Button. Reason is simple Button never partnered any driver who have a chance of going for the title. Even in 2004 when Honda BAR is the 2nd best team after Ferrari he is the no.1 driver for them. On the otherhand Rubens never have a chance of going for the title and he does not knows how to handle it.

@UK

I don't think they have done any change to the circuit so it is still a lottery for the best gamble.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Hamilton: We'll never stop pushing/h2

Lewis Hamilton insists that McLaren is 'pushing like crazy' to improve its MP4-24 after a trying start to the 2009 Formula One season.

Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari threatens to leave Formula 1

Ferrari has confirmed that it will not enter next year's world championship unless plans for a voluntary £40 million budget cap are changed.

Although it is still a threat but this is getting way too serious because if my knowledge is correct all the teams have to confirm their participation before 31st May and I don't think they could get to a settlement till that time.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red-bull and Toyota are also threatening to leave F1 if the budget cap goes 40 million.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SLR

Bro, this threat have come from the board of directors of Ferrari company and not by the team or Luca di Montezemelo, thatswhy I said it is getting serious. As for RedBull and Toyota threats they both are doing it in favour of FOTA. Renault also threatens to leave if the budget cap imposed.

I have found the image which clearly points that Sutil for no reason cut the chicane and he should be penalised in Monaco.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -949439
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Why not PIA? Great people to fly with! Don't consider yourself great enough to fly with them? What i find funny about them are their fares! Still as expensive and sometimes more than the good airlines. In order to encourage you to fly PIA, here is a small fact about them. While most of the big and top airlines of the world, like, Qantas, Cathy Pacific, Emirates, British Airways, and Singapore etc employ 165 persons per plane on average, PIA employs 445 personal per plane!! Yes, 445! That's how much money we have, and how much they care about their safety record and passenger comfort. So, try flying PIA next time.

With the PIA sermon out of the way, I agree with you completely about Red Bull short fueling Vettel, at his first stop when he and Massa came in together to get Vettel out in front of him in clear air, and he would have finished third at least. If the title battle came down to a fight between these two teams, Brawn GP will win it easily because Ross Brawn has been there before and done it. Rubens can shout and scream all he wants, the fact is, he isn't one of the most sort after drivers in F1, and with a car like Brawn, there will be many who would love to jump in, and play second fiddle to Button this season. I can think of a young Brazilian eager to get into F1 who will do just that, and who almost got this seat before Rubens was confirmed. These days that guy is seen making blue overalls in the Toro Rosso livery to get in Bourdais' seat

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

My genius friend, need not worry. They will extend the May 31st, deadline for the 2010 entry. LDM is meeting Mosley, if Max Moseley is not busy in a BDSM session this week.

As for Monaco, think about it again. You are a genius after all. It is not a gamble this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UncleKracker

@raptor21

Why not PIA? Great people to fly with! Don't consider yourself great enough to fly with them? What i find funny about them are their fares! Still as expensive and sometimes more than the good airlines. In order to encourage you to fly PIA, here is a small fact about them. While most of the big and top airlines of the world, like,
    Qantas, Cathy Pacific, Emirates, British Airways, and Singapore etc employ 165 persons per plane on average, PIA employs 445 personal per plane!! Yes, 445!
    That's how much money we have, and how much they care about their safety record and passenger comfort. So, try flying PIA next time.

Holy SHEEET!! Are you serious?

Was reading in the news today that several of our pilots have not been flying due to their protest!! LMAO..... Uncle krcker you made my day!! lawl....
    Nothing to see here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well PIA have a record of not having serious crash while other airlines you have mentioned most of them have serious crash to their name. But I have to agree this is way too much personnels for an aircraft. On a funny side they are reducing joblesness in Pakistan and that is good.

Now back to F1, why you think Monaco is not a lottery is it because of the T-factor around your area or all the casinos in Monaco announced that they are closing their buisnesses because of recession. I do know that we may not have the type of race we refer to a Monaco classic because of the difference between the teams this season and even an unusual result means RedBulls or Toyota wins the race. If you look into the history it was in 2004 when we have an unusual result of Trulli of Renault winning the race. In 2005, Kimi wins it in 2006 and 2007 Alonso wins it, in 2008 Hamilton wins it and they all are the title contenders for that season at that moment of time.

FIA increasing the deadline is not possible whether the fans want it or not. We really need a serious solution for this situation because what I think Ferrari wants budget cap as option and not mandatory but they also want to reduce the advantages that are being given to budget cap teams like moveable front and rear wings double time limit for KERS boost and etc etc. So now I need you guys suggestion about the situation if you have to solve this issue how you do it.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

My genius friend, you have to remember how long most of these airlines have been in service, like Qantas and British Airways, before you look at their crash record. Emirates has never had a fatal crash, nor has it had anything remotely close to it. The last fatal crash for Qantas was in 1951 when seven people died. British Airways, last fatal crash 1985. Cathy Pacific last fatal crash 1972. PIA, last fatal crash 2006. It's ranked 21st out of 22 in Austral Asia. I think you have mistaken it for another airline. Anyway, as you said, it is providing jobs to people even if the planes are not flying because the airline does not have money to increase the pilots salaries

h3Airline accident ratings/h3

As for F1, any date can be changed/extended. Who decides that? Yes, Max Mosley and Bernie. Just need to put " due to unavoidable circumstances" in the document, and anything can be done. If they don't reach an agreement, the date will be extended because it's not just Ferrari, Red Bull has said neither of it's teams will enter for 2010, so has the head of Toyota and Renault are very clear about it too plus it will soon be joined by BMW. It's a serious matter, Ferrari has called Mosley's bluff, and he now finds himself in a position where he will have to give in much like Ferrari will do too. Neither party can have it all it's own way.

KERS is rubbish! A total waste of money and useless. Better systems are in place in production cars. I would get rid of KERS, altogether. So that's one problem resolved. The budget cap, everyone is for budget cap, but not for it to be around £40 million. Something between £50 million and £60 million is acceptable to all teams, so after some give and take we might see the budget cap be set somewhere around there. Once that is agreed they can all o whatever they want including "flexi" wings.

The winner around Monaco has usually been the form horse. In the days when Michelin were in F1, their tires for some reason always went well at Monaco, and that contributed a lot towards some results. Apart from the, if you look at the past winners, with rules changing forever, mostly the guy who has gone well in the season has won the GP. Unless the law of averages catches up with a certain team, and they are hit by reliability problems, they should cruise to an easy win.

Closed Thread
Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

User Tag List