3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Thanks.

I am not sure, I don't think he got penalized for it. It was a very scary incident, and like you said, it looks funny now when we look at it.

FIA is still being it's incompetent self, with no decision reached last Friday, which was expected. I read somewhere earlier that Bernie has said there will be no two tier system in F1 next year , which is very good news. So, whatever they decide at least all will have a level playing field.

In other news, Federer finally beat Nadal That too on clay and in Spain and in straight sets!! Now for a normal person, you would say that would be a great moral boast and that he should be able to build on it from here going into French open and the rest of the season, but Federer is such a freak of nature that it's not possible to say anything.Maybe a bit of rain early on also helped Federer too as the sun came out the courts got a little quicker.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Here you go Sir, about that Bernie's Statement

Ecclestone: Two-tier will be scrapped

Bernie Ecclestone says that although Friday's crunch meeting between the teams and the FIA ended in stalemate over the budget cap, both parties did agree that the controversial two-tier system should not go ahead.

So it means weather is having the last talks in many sports ranging from cricket to motorsports and now tennis. Well good luck to Federer for the Roland Garros, just curious may be Nadal was sandbagging. Last night I was watching the inaugural matches in the covered Wimbeldon center court between Steffi, Agassi, Henmann, Clusters. So last year's situation is not possible this time.

Lewis hopes Monaco 'favourite' brings him joy

Lewis Hamilton heads to Monte Carlo this weekend hoping that general opinion that the characteristics of the slow, twisty circuit will suit his MP4-24.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Poor Hamilton, in between all the hatred i have for him, sometimes i feel sorry for him. He is pretty delusional at times. He is very good around Monaco, and might get a good result but i highly doubt his car would have much to do with it. In fact he might push it so hard that, he could well stuff it in the barriers.

If one looks at winter testing, there are three teams which were way ahead of Mclaren on a tight and twisty track. One of them is obviously the Brawn GP. Ferrari might actually go very well at Monaco and there is a third team which set very fast times , and no, that team is not Red Bull

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well the third team was BMW and I think Hamilton got everything one could dream off way early then anybody expects it and the reason is he debut's in the best car of the grid at that time and because of some unneccasarily controversey gain fame otherwise he is a good driver I apprecicate him in his rookie season but after Interlagos in the 2007 season finale and Montreal last season I start hating him that hatred is increasing as the days are passing because of his big mouth.

Trulli hoping for a change of Monaco fortunes

Jarno Trulli is ready to put last week's Spanish disappointment behind him and focus his attention on obtaining a "strong result" in Monaco.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley: Teams set to miss May deadline

FIA president Max Mosley now expects only around half the current grid to lodge entries to next year's Formula 1 world championship by this month's deadline, following the failure to reach agreement about plans for a voluntary budget cap in meetings last week.

Kimi wants Monaco win but will take a podium

Kimi Raikkonen insists he will be chasing victory at this weekend's Monaco GP but, given Ferrari's dismal campaign, concedes a podium finish would also do just fine.

Kubica: A difficult one to predict

Robert Kubica is refusing to predict where in the pecking order BMW could find themselves for this weekend's Monaco GP.

Brawn: Adopting KERS could cause problems

While KERS may be available for Brawn GP to use, team boss Ross Brawn admits installing it is proving to be a difficult task.

Kovalainen 'not dwelling on sorrow'

Heikki Kovalainen is digging deep to ensure his motivation is not derailed by McLaren's poor start to the season - as he looks forward to further car updates in Monaco this weekend.

Williams wants established drivers

Williams's head of engineering Patrick Head says he wants the team to be competitive enough to attract an established top driver if Nico Rosberg leaves at the end of his current contract.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton gone Bling Bling for Monaco.

Hamilton Bling Bling

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -950876

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -950877

@UK

You don't tell about the Nelson Salazar Incident do you heard it or not.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I hate that Piquet *****t! I read about the incident, and sadly it wasn't his fault this time around. He had a good sense of humor though.

Monaco is such a tailor made track for Brawn GP but sadly, Jenson Button has never been very good around the track. Maybe Rubens can finally win a GP this season, now that i have run out of options on him in the fantasy league The third fast team testing on a similar track was not BMW.

In the Jaguar years, i think someone put a big diamond on the nose of the car and the driver duly stuffed the car into the barrier and i think that diamond was never found. Maybe we can be lucky and have Hamilton, lose it at high speed coming out of the tunnel and someone might get away with a few diamonds.

Max Mosley has finally woken up to the reality that he might be missing half the grid when the May29th, dead line passes. Maybe he wants to replace it with Lola and USGP and Isport or whatever. Max Mosley is a lot like Sam Michaels of Williams, who in my opinion has single handedly destroyed the Williams team from 2003 onwards when he took over. Talking of which, Uncle Francis should be talking to Toyota, and telling them to back his team as engine suppliers should they consider leaving F1 at the end of the season because of costs. And he should do something about that *****, Sam Michaels.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all

Hi every one. No i havent started paddling as yet, eventhough it seems as a much better proposition than flying PIA. I do feel for PIA though, its our national carier and i pray it does well but they have to start doing something to improve their standards. They should have more competitive pricing to start with. My travel agent doesn't even give me a price quote for PIA for it being too expensive.

I actually had a real bad stomach infection, still on antibiotics. It had been a long time i had a stomach infection and i used to pride myself on this fact but wasn't so lucky this time around. who says load shedding is for four hrs. Its at least 8 hrs a day and i am talking about Defence really doubt if its any better any where else in the city. I have accepted this and gotten used to it now.

Ferarri is clearly bluffing and so is everybody else who says they are quitting F1. However, there is enough pressure on Mosley and company to revise the budget cap regulations to accommodate everyone and they will. I believe two tier approach would be a mess and greater the disparity the greater would be the mess. KERS definitely has a performance advantage and i dont see it being scrapped any time soon, its just that none of the KERS teams have done well due to other reasons. let it develop a little bit more and i think it will be an exciting feature however they should not make it mandatory for next year as yet. Lot of big teams are facing reliability issues with KERS and the smaller teams would need more time to sort these out.

Apart from expected teams I expect Alonso's Renault to do well at Moncaco. Vettel will also be pushing really hard to stay in contention for the title. I was a little dissapointed with their team strategy in the last race, I hope they do their home work this time and give Vettel the best possible shot at winning at Monaco. Lets see how it goes....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You're supposed to be the genius here, but raptor21 has figured it out instead. Yes, the Renault! It has been mighty fast in just about every test at Jerez, which is the closest to Monaco in terms of down force trim and it's tight and twisty nature, So expect Alonso to do well, maybe very very well.

Raptor21 should sue you i think. From telling him load shedding was for 2-3 hours to defending PIA, you have tried your best to mess with him. Ask the poor guy where he spent most of his time in the last week or so

I have 3 hours of load shedding now. It used to be much worse before but then God answered our prayers, an MNA who supports the govt moved into the house right next door to our!! After that things have been rather good. Yes, we had rain last night but it messed up other things like cable etc but can't complain my friend.

I am hopping we might get pictures of Hamilton's helmet, the before and after shots

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes, Jaguar in 2004 loses the sparkle

Here are the before and after images

Before

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -950987

After

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -950988

@raptor21

Looks like you guys just read 1000 ways of not available on pakwheels. Sorry to hear about your stomach infection and as for loadshedding you are the victim of COGEN and KESC both while we are only having 3 to 4 hours of loadshedding only by KESC. UK is lucky because last night there is heavy rain in Peshawar and adjoining areas.

Well raptor have said that he expects Alonso's Renault to do well not the team Renault altogether. Even Alonso in Force India could do wonders and specially Renault with their second driver the "Nelson
    Gravel Researcher
    Piquet jnr" is already worried that there is no gravel to research around the Monaco street track what he will do through out the weekend.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Prepare for the Adrian Newey magic

Red Bull to run DD diffuser in Monaco
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

As for you my friend, sorry to hear about your plight. Hope you are feeling better, and unlike beglar who it turns out is a lefty, and hence learning to do certain things with his other hand, and has thus disappeared.

Repeat after me

I RAPTOR21, do solemnly swear that I am a Muslim and believe in the Unity and Oneness of Almighty Allah, the Books of Allah, the Holy Quran being the last of them, the Prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him) as the last of the Prophets and that there can be no Prophet after him, the Day of Judgment, and all the requirements and teachings of the Holy Quran and Sunnah:

That I will bear allegiance to only UncleKracker, on Pakwheels : That, I will perform my functions, honestly, to the best of my ability, faithfully in accordance with what UncleKracker says, which i believe will always be in my the interest , integrity, solidarity and well- being. That I will not allow my personal interest( the advice of genius83) to influence my conduct or my decisions and that i will in future try and resist the dark powers that genius83 wields:

That i bear true allegiance to UncleKracker's philosophy and thoughts, the core of which is to see Hamilton screwed every possible way, To see Ron Dennis caught with his pants down, Max Mosley caught while having another orgy, Bernie's wife taking all his money in divorce settlement, see the Ferrari cars return to winning ways only when Fernando Alonso joins what is actually a prancing Mule right now and makes it into the prancing horse again. That I wish to see the over-hyped Raikkonen indulge in more ice-cream and Vodka to help his exit from F1.

May Allah Almighty help and guide me (A'meen).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well raptor is offline so I take the oath on his behalf when he will be online I will give his reign back to him until then it is me and you.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am a believer in Adrian Newey's magic. For me the Red Bull car was the most eagerly awaited car launch of the season. To me, he is a genius. He has made a great car, but i am not so sure about the DD diffuser working on the Red Bull. Of course i would like it to work as it would help my fantasy F1 league, but that car is so complicated that i am not sure if a DD diffuser can just be added to it and it will fly. The team lacks experience too, if it came down to a title show down the two things that will work against them, 1. Ross Brawn, he knows how to win and he knows how to make other people including his own team driver lose. Case in point, Spain. 2. The fact that Mark Webber will continue to take points off Vettel and cost himself, Vettel and the team both titles unless their DD diffuser and other things make them so superior that they move into a different league.

Man, that poor guy, raptor21! He'sprolly spent more time on the , you know what then with family and all that is due to you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I have to agree on what you said but as you already mentioned that Newey is genius I think he is not stupid enough to do this with out seeking the advantage it gave. RedBull team may be premature at competing for the title but so does Brawn team members apart from Ross Brawn himself because even they came second in the constructor championship in 2004 they are way behind the Ferrari who are in a different League at that time. Also may be they are using DD diffuser this weekend just to gather some data about the performance because after Monaco we have 4 staright fast tracks in the line. Ferrari also bringing there full fleged DD diffuser this weekend. Who else have some more updates. There were rumours about Brawn bringing their radical sidepods at Spanish GP but they don't bring it there so may be they also want to check their new sidepods.

h2Vettel and Buemi wow 130,000 in Hungary/h2

Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel and Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Buemi proved to be a big draw in Hungary on Sunday, with over 130,000 spectators lining the banks of the Tisza River in the town of Szeged to catch a glimpse of the duo taking part in a demonstration run organised by the Austrian energy drink company.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn eye pole position in Monaco

With overtaking on the streets of Monte Carlo almost impossible, starting in pole position will be vital to Brawn GP's hopes of maintaining their dominance over the rest of the field this weekend.

McLaren may have to knock the season on the head

McLaren are running out of time to prove that they are capable of winning this year's Championship.

Massa senses Ferrari's first podium of '09

Felipe Massa is convinced Ferrari will be back on the podium this weekend as he believes the Monaco Grand Prix will prove a turning point in the team's turbulent year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

Hey buddy stop messing with genius83. It wasnt like he made me come here, it was my own fault. I hope not to make these miscalculations again. As for the infection i am feeling much better however i have lost faith in eating out these days except for the fast food joints.

I like your oath seems like you spent a lot of time writing it. the last paragraph sounds very ambitious and i pledge my allegiance to your faithful cause. Man i have been waiting for a long time to see Alonso switch to Ferrari and compete for the WDC.

I wasnt aware of Neweys magical skills before this season but i believe in him now. you do have a very valid point about the compatability issues of the new diffuser, i was thinking may be they switch Webber first to see if it works and then go ahead with Vettel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Good to know you are bettter. Wish i could say the same about beglar, who probably is learning to wa*k with his other hand now that his left wrist is messed up.

Genius83 has dark powers, you don't know. He can pull people to the dark side without them even knowing, like he did with you. Here you are thinking you did all this on your own!! and stop sounding like Ferrari, saying " I hope not to make the same miscalculations again" If i didn't know you had written that i could swear that, it came from one of the Ferrari drivers

Jokes aside, genius83 is a really nice guy. He is our resident genius of this thread and also the go-to guy for information. He knows, it's all fun and games.

Talking of Alonso and Ferrari, as much as i like the idea, it has to be feasible for Alonso too. It would sound odd, but he needs a competitive Ferrari. He has missed that small window, when he won back to back titles and with that success behind him could have gone to a team and spent a couple of years trying to get them to the front of the grid and then reap the rewards. If Ferrari continue to insist going back to their Italian roots, it might not be such a good option for him after all. There are many teams up and down the pitlane that would love to have his services.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Court to rule on Ferrari case tomorrow

French legal authorities will announce on Wednesday the verdict of the case in which Ferrari is seeking an injunction to prevent the FIA from introducing a budget cap in Formula 1 in 2010.

@raptor21

Thanks for clarifying my position and remember it is not your fault it is the fault of our elites and political leaders who just plans for a temporary solution never design a long term strategy for a problem so that the chances of rising of the same problem becomes lower. Thatswhy I like Ferrari because they always make new mistakes rather repeating the old mistakes again and again.

@UK

Thanks for the complement, but I am still a rookie in this field and most of the knowledge I post here comes from Internet. Alonso is a real good driver but he just wants to drive a championship winning car and if Ferrari doesnot improve for his likings he may be heading towards Brawn GP team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius833

I see how you have absolved yourself from all blame when it comes to raptor21 and encouraging him to come here

My genius brother, we all get our information from the net, and i am really happy you get all the information from different sources before making up your mind about something. Besides that a big thank to you for all the effort that you put into this thread, posting all relevant information for everyone to read easily.

As for Alonso, his little window, where he could have made the move did not come off when he moved to Mclaren. He didn't know about the nature of relationship between Dennis and Hamilton So, now having spent two years back at Renault, he won't be moving to anything except a winning car. He might stay at Renault, because next year the rules are pretty much the same so the cars would be more of an evolution of this year's cars except the bigger fuel tanks. Besides Renault, there is always BMW, that has made no secret of wanting to sign him. He will never go to Brawn GP, that is not a team for a top line Formula 1 driver, never mind the best one on the grid. A privateer team is not one that can keep up with works teams. They might have the odd good year or two, but thats about all. Even with the budget cap, the big and established teams will still be ahead of others because of the facilities they have, the people they can hire who bring all the experience required. Brawn GP have been given a full works team budget by Honda for this year, which might help them to some extent for next year too, but that's about it. They are small fish, the sharks always have the last say.

As to where he will end up, i will still say Ferrari

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

User Tag List