3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h1

Ferrari loses legal bid for injunction against FIA/h1

Ferrari has lost its legal bid to lodge an injunction against the FIA's plans for a voluntary budget cap in Formula 1.

The Maranello outfit was told by French legal authorities on Wednesday that it did not have a valid reason to block plans for a £40 million voluntary budget cap.

The move means that next week's entry deadline for the 2010 championship will go ahead, leaving current teams a few days to resolve their opposition to the regulations.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Happy Birthday, dude.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"
    Ferrari take a swipe at new teams

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Ferrari have fired another shot in its battle with the FIA over the controversial proposed budget caps for the 2010 season.
    spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-size: 11.0pt;"
    Mosley hits back at Ferrari after ruling

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"FIA President Max Mosley has accused Ferrari of putting their own interests above that of Formula One.

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-size: 11.0pt;"
    Ferrari reiterate threat to quit Formula One

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Ferrari have made it clear that they won't hesitate to go through with their threat to pull out of Formula One so that they can "compete in races of a calibre worthy of the marque".

Alonso: I don't want to race with the small teams

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Fernando Alonso fears this could be his last season in Formula One as the political row continues to take a stranglehold on the sport.

Ferrari statement after court ruling

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Ferrari have released the following statement after a French court rejected their bid for an injunction against the FIA's proposed budget cap for next season...

Raikkonen: Big teams make F1

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Kimi Raikkonen insists Formula One won't be the same without the big manufactures.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen pledges future to Ferrari

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Kimi Raikkonen has pledged his future to Ferrari, regardless of whether or not the manufacturer enters Formula 1 next season.

Kubica pins hopes on Turkey upgrade

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Robert Kubica says he is counting on BMW Sauber's next upgrade package in Turkey being a bigger step than the improvements introduced for Spain.

Red Bull to use new diffuser in Monaco

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber's hopes of victory in the Monaco Grand Prix have been boosted with their Red Bull Racing team giving the green light to use its new double-decker diffuser this weekend.

Q & A with Adrian Newey

Button: Winning has turned me boring

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"World championship leader Jenson Button says the glamour of Monaco will hold no special attraction for him this year - after confessing success this season has turned him into a 'right boring ******'.

Five new teams confirm F1 plans

spanVerdana","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"Former grand prix boss Nick Wirth, sportscar team Epsilon Euskadi, leading race car engineering company Ray Mallock Limited, former GP2 outfit Campos Racing and automotive parts company Formtech have joined the list of outfits confirming plans to compete in Formula 1 next year, AUTOSPORT has learned.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

What I trying to say was that it was you who encourages me to look at other sources on internet then the official F1 website before your advice I only read what is present on their website. So, in a way you are my teacher in this field. Thats the difference between Alonso and Michal, one tok the oppurtunity to go to a midfield team and bring back the glory days for them the other wants to go to a winning team or else want to leave the sports.

On a side note what happens if Ferrari really quits what about their sponsorship deal with the spanish bank Santander.

@raptor21

First of all a very happy birthday and as I don't know who is your favourite team or driver so can't provide you a gift of your liking but still something to cheer you up in this loadshedding prone city,

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -951392

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -951393

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -951394
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

My genius brother, all i can say is that always believe what you read on "Autosport" and never believe anything you read on any other website unless it's confirmed officially. ITV-F1 was good, it probably still is good, but they have lost the rights to show F1 and might lose interest. The BBC website is pretty good and so is James Allen`s blog but he seems to be in love with Hamilton.

There are MANY differences between Alonso and Schumacher but let's not discuss those. Just one thing, Ferrari was never a midfield team, it has never been a mid field team. So, Schumacher never went to a midfield team. Ferrari was winning races before him, fighting for the World Title in 1990, but like today, it was run by Italians, so it would find ways to lose races and titles. Not taking anything away from Schumacher's achievements, but it's unfair to call Ferrari a midfield team, and it's unfair to forget the people who were the "Real" architects of Ferrari success.

The cartoons are nice. The one of Kimi, about Vodka reminds me of one of my favourite cartoon. Sadly i can't find it anywhere now. It was a cartoon of Jacques Villeneuve, and his care free attitude like Raikkonen. If you read about him you will find out that he used to dye his hair in different colours. So the cartoon showed some 30 minutes before the start of the race, and it was raining. It showed Schumacher talking to his engineers discussing whether full wets or inters, showed Hakkinen talking to his team about the forecast and wondering which tires to use and it showed Villeneuve, sitting infront of a mirror, 30 minutes before the start of a GP and he had four bottles of different hair dye in front of him and wondering which colour to dye his hair.

Sorry, it got too long , but i tried looking for it and couldn't find it. It was from `97 season onwards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello tops first Monaco practice

Rubens Barrichello set the pace in the first practice session for the Monaco Grand Prix as the Brawn GP driver aimed to put behind him the disappointment of Barcelona.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
    1. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:17.189 25
    2. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:17.499 + 0.310 31
    3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:17.578 + 0.389 25
    4. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:17.686 + 0.497 29
    5. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:17.839 + 0.650 30
    6. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:18.000 + 0.811 29
    7. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:18.024 + 0.835 27
    8. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:18.080 + 0.891 27
    9. Alonso Renault (B) 1:18.283 + 1.094 30
    10. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:18.348 + 1.159 22
    11. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:18.695 + 1.506 36
    12. Piquet Renault (B) 1:19.204 + 2.015 36
    13. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:19.233 + 2.044 16
    14. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:19.255 + 2.066 30
    15. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:19.534 + 2.345 27
    16. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:19.560 + 2.371 20
    17. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (B) 1:19.579 + 2.390 22
    18. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:19.600 + 2.411 23
    19. Glock Toyota (B) 1:19.698 + 2.509 23
    20. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:19.831 + 2.642 28</p
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Okay lets take it this way it took Ferrari 21 years to grab the first WDC title after Jody Sheckter wins it in 1979. And by midfield I does not mean the kind of midfield teams we have nowadays in F1 the likes of Toyota, RedBull(till last year), Renault(from 2007). They have win the GPs during that time but they certainly never have been the title contenders apart from 1998 and 1999.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

If by "they" you mean Ferrari, then they were title contenders in 1990, and by the same token Mclaren was a supposed midfield team too, if you take into account how bad they were in 2006. These two teams, Ferrari and Mclaren, they are never midfield runners, their financial might is such that one cannot compare them to a midfield team. Of course money doesn't buy you success. Had that been the case, Toyota would have won everything in F1. They can out spend the entire grid, but if you spend it wisely, you will have a lot of success.

Ferrari won a few constructors titles in-between and missed out on drivers titles for various reasons, most of which were either political or comical and would not happen with another front line team.

Out of curiosity, have you ever checked how many races, Schumacher won in his F1 career when the car was not designed by Rory Byrne ? and just to point out, since 1992, only twice has a car won either the drivers or the constructors championship, that was not designed by either Adrian Newey or Rory Byrne. That my friend is a 17 year period!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rosberg heads second Monaco practice

Nico Rosberg topped yet another practice session for Williams on Thursday afternoon in Monaco, beating last year's race winner Lewis Hamilton (McLaren) to the top spot.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
    1. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:15.243 45
    2. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:15.445 + 0.202 34
    3. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:15.590 + 0.347 40
    4. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:15.774 + 0.531 35
    5. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:15.832 + 0.589 41
    6. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:15.847 + 0.604 33
    7. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:15.984 + 0.741 44
    8. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:15.985 + 0.742 42
    9. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:16.260 + 1.017 42
    10. Piquet Renault (B) 1:16.286 + 1.043 42
    11. Alonso Renault (B) 1:16.552 + 1.309 38
    12. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:16.579 + 1.336 27
    13. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:16.675 + 1.432 37
    14. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:16.915 + 1.672 42
    15. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:16.983 + 1.740 47
    16. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:17.052 + 1.809 47
    17. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (B) 1:17.109 + 1.866 39
    18. Glock Toyota (B) 1:17.207 + 1.964 44
    19. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:17.504 + 2.261 44
    20. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) No time 2

@UK

Yes, by "they" I mean Ferrari as team and thanks for correction about the 90's season I forget that. As you said that they are so mighty financially that we certainly not consider them midfield team so we could assume them as just below the WCC and runner up of those seasons on 3rd position.

About that Rory Bryne and Adrian Newey designs cars have win last 15 out of 17 seasons so who has design BGP001 because RedBull is the masterpiece of Adrian.

Both RedBull and STR have DD diffuser, here are the images.

RedBull DD diffuser

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -951489

STR DD diffuser

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -951490
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am pretty sure, Toro Rosso do not have the DD diffuser for this weekend or even for the next race for that matter. That is what Buemi is telling people. You can read about it Here

The Red Bull team has been busy getting one ready for it's title contender, and not for Toro Roso.

The Brawn GP is an interesting story. It is Honda, whatever name they had given their car. Honda decided pretty early last year that their car was a no go and stopped any development on the car. They had all the money and over a year to design this car. Brawn was heading the technical committee of GPMA. He has exploited loop holes. The car is designed by Joerg Zander , Loic Bigois and of course over seen by Ross Brawn. One must understand that it's not just the magical touch of Ross Brawn, who went to the team and within a year made them a championship winning team. He has a big hand in it and must be given a lot of credit, but he had more than a year, a lot of money and great facilities to work with. The three teams; Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault, who kept developing their cars till the last race of 2008 are the ones who are paying the price this year which is no surprise. The only disappointment is BMW, who gave up on their '08 car half way through the season and have designed whatever it is they have this year.

Next year, Brawn GP should go back to where it belongs, mid field.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari continue with their hilarious season. The real story of Maasa's fuel problems in Spain;

His majesty, Felipe Massa, in his own words:

&ldquo;What happened to my car especially in the last race was something that I never saw before. We had the fuel in the car but the car was reading wrong numbers, so the refueling machine was putting the right fuel in, it was reading the right numbers of the amount of fuel that went inside but the car was saying to the engineers, to the telemetry, that all the fuel was not inside.

&ldquo;Then we changed the refueling machine, we did exactly the same thing, and we again had the wrong numbers, so maybe I saved fuel for nothing.&rdquo;

A very frustrating situation, unusual too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Brawn only goes to midfield next season if they fight for the title till the last race like Ferrari and Mclaren did last season. Otherwise if they may win the title by mid-August this season they could drop further development on BGP001 and start working on BGP002.

As for Ferrari's problems they are the oldest team in the circus so they know how to provide entertainment.LOL

RedBull were certainly working on for their own teams when they are designing the DD but when the product is finished it could be produced in numbers so secondary team also have the chance of using it and specially with a partner like Ferrari it is stupid to not provide them something vital as this to them also. If you looks closely boht the images of diffusers are the same and either both of them have DD or both are still the same SD diffuser.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

They cannot make the same DD diffuser and throw it on both teams. The Red Bull Racing, with it's very different rear suspension requires a totally different solution compared to Toro Rosso. So it's pretty unlikely that the same solution will work for both teams. Such is the time required that, Renault, who were working on their DD diffuser had to wait till Saturday morning for ONE piece to arrive which was put on Alonso's car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

First sorry for the wrong images posting, they both are RedBull's DD diffuser images I just mislead by the side promotion on the second image of RedBull cola which is mostly on STR cars and not on RedBull's cars. Second Renault have to do it faster then RedBull. RedBull have already decide that they will come up with the DD diffuser at Monaco and thatswhy Adrian Newey have missed both China and Bahrain.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello: This time it's my turn

Rubens Barrichello has warned Jenson Button that the time has come for him, and not the Brit, to win a race for Brawn GP.

FOTA and Max to meet on Flav's yacht

The Formula One Teams' Association will meet with FIA President Max Mosley later today in the hope of finding a solution to the on-going political crisis in Formula One.

Massa: We are amongst the front runners

Felipe Massa reckons Ferrari are on course for a solid result this weekend in Monaco after running near the front of the pack during Thursday's practice sessions.

Ecclestone warns Ferrari of legal action

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has hinted that Ferrari could face legal action if it walks away from the sport at the end of this year.

Rivals: We knew and accepted Ferrari's veto power

While the more cynical of us may believe that recent headlines of Ferrari's veto power are an attempt by Max Mosley to cause dissent in FOTA, rival team bosses have revealed that not only did they know about it, but that they also accept Ferrari's position of first among equals.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK and genius83

Thank you guys for the birthday wishes. I managed to celebrate it in Pakistan with my family before catching a flight back to US. I have just reached US and I am really tird and exhausted right now. It was great flight though only one stop over and that too for an hour or so.

Massa and Hamilton look good. There should be some sort of an award for Nico for doing well in practice and qualifying only too screw it all up on raceday. i hopr he does better this time.

And genius83, its buddy your contributions that make this thread what it is and i enjoy reading the material you post. brilliant work mate!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Teams fail to reach agreement with FIA

Formula 1 teams failed to reach an agreement with FIA president Max Mosley about the future of the sport on Friday, despite lengthy talks that ran into the early evening.

Santander confident of F1 agreement

Grupo Santander is confident Formula 1 teams and the FIA can reach an agreement that keeps all the current teams in the sport, something the Spanish banking giant reckons it is crucial for the future of grand prix racing.

Fry: Talks have made good progress

Nick Fry, the chief executive officer of Brawn, believes teams have found some common ground with the FIA, despite failing to reach an agreement with Max Mosley on Friday.

Paul Ricard considering French GP bid

Paul Ricard circuit boss Gerard Neveu has revealed the track is considering entering a bid to host the French Formula 1 Grand Prix in the future.

@UK

I raise the question about Santander deal and here is the confirmation of concerned Santander.

@raptor21

Thanks bro, for the complement and before @UK could ask may I know which airline you take back to US.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Good to hear you made it back safely and escaped the dark powers of genius83 Life will not be fun for a few days without load shedding.

@genius83

He obviously did not take your advice and change his ticket to PIA because he says " it was a great flght" besides he has reached his destination which is another sign that PIA was not involved luckily.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another good qualifying and here are the results.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -952003

Drivers warned over chicane cutting

Formula 1 drivers have been warned about cutting the chicanes at the Monaco Grand Prix by race director Charlie Whiting.

And this above warning have issued because of the Lap1 incident of GP2, where 8 cars are penalised for cutting the chicane in the first corner.

Eight GP2 drivers given penalties

Eight drivers have been penalised for cutting the first corner following this morning's GP2 feature race in Monaco.

And here is the video of the incident.

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

User Tag List