3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Amidst all the excitement of Monaco GP, there was a meeting between the teams and FIA which did not result in anything substantive. The word is, there is flexibility on both sides , but two teams are not budging an inch, they being Ferrari and Toyota. Ferrari are obviously pissed at what they see as an injustice, their veto, and the word about Toyota, is that they are leaving F at the end of the season. This is just a very convenient way to leave. To say it, F1, was being destroyed and they didn't think it was worth spending that amount of money in it. If they leave, they could still continue to supply engines to Williams F1, who after BMW left them will have a works team behind them and it will help them move to the front again. At least that's what i hope, Toyota leaving and continuing their involvement in F1 as engine suppliers to Williams F1.

The things i feel has been over looked is the two best, oh well, the very best and a wannabe, Alonso and Raikkonen, respectively have said they will not be in F1 if it goes the way Max Mosley wants it to go. These two will be joined by a couple of more drivers. So it's not just about losing a few top teams, but also the finest drivers. Who would watch F1 after that, I do not know.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Complain That Alonso Impeded Trulli

Toyota have reportedly complained to the Monte Carlo race stewards after Fernando Alonso, feeling that the Renault driver blocked Jarno Trulli during Saturday's qualifying.

The Monaco street circuit is notorious for traffic and that proved to be the case during Saturday's first qualifying segment as all 20 drivers vied for track position.

As a result Trulli, on a flying lap, came across Alonso at the exit of La Rascasse and although the Spaniard moved aside, Trulli feels he didn't do it fast enough.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kubica: Formula One doesn't need Ferrari

Robert Kubica is confident that Formula One will survive even if Ferrari follow through on their threat to quit.

So, as you already mentioned 2 drivers showing support for the "Prancing Horse", Now see the other side of some drivers who don't want Ferrari in F1. Well I have only one thing to say about this and that is may be F1 could survive without the "Prancing Horse" but with out Kubica F1's survival is more then 100% sure.

Bernie in talks about an Argentine return

Bernie Ecclestone is talks with Argentina about the possibility of Formula One returning to the South American country.

First Paul Ricard for French and now Argentine what else is on the list.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen was talking for Ferrari, Alonso was not talking about F1 with or without Ferrari. He was talking in general, top teams leaving and their drivers going with them. They will all find a solution to it eventually. Another thing no one talks about is the Ferrari "veto" that FIA had promised them. All the stories over thee years of FIA favoring Ferrari, were true after all. I for one never had any doubts ever and neither did the head of Honda in 2003, when he said " The championship is fixed in favor of Ferrari and we no longer think it's a sport" strange that teams have not made a huge fuss about how Ferrari was given a right to veto any regulation they did not like. Brings back bad memories.

I'd love to see a race at Paul Ricard, the state of the art facility. It could be amazing, it's the Disney world of F1 tracks.

Talking of Ferrari, the Alonso story just does not go away.T urns out the next few races might be very crucial for Raikkonen. Here is part of his interview done with Gazzetta dello Sport, the newspaper is owned by the Angelli family who also own, yes, Ferrari's parent company Fiat.

h2Alonso starts talking about Ferrari/h2

There is a fantastic interview with Fernando Alonso in the Gazzetta dello Sport today, in which he gently moves closer to talking about Ferrari and his possible move there.

According to Pino Allievi, the number one writer on the paper, Alonso has moved to a house on the border between Switzerland and Italy, near Lugano. He spoke about the affection he has for Italy and Italians: “As a Spaniard I feel more at ease with Italians,” he said. “We have a lot of shared culture and character. We have identical feelings.”

As for Ferrari he started talking about the team, when asked how he imagined life would be inside the team. “It’s difficult to imagine from the outside. I can only say that when we race in Bahrain the circuit is full of Ferrari banners. You go to China and it’s the same. I see Ferrari as a symbol. At the moment I’m driving for Renault, where we are doing a great job. I only think about winning, the rest we’ll have to wait and see.”

The word I’m hearing is that these next few races are pretty important for Kimi Raikkonen. Although he has a contract for 2010, the suggestion is that he has certain criteria to meet and that an agreement, which is in place with Alonso for 2011, has a clause which could bring it forward to 2010. The next couple of months will be decisive.

One GP driver I spoke to recently said that in the briefings and at moments when the drivers are all together, Kimi seems like he doesn’t care any more. It’s as if he’s going through the motions. It’s a shame if this is true, as Raikkonen is one of the most exciting and most talented drivers in F1.

However the Italian media has started treating him with a little less respect, calling him “Forrest Gump” earlier this weekend and today’s Gazzetta piece looks to me like a preparing of the ground for Alonso and the future, in a very Italian sort of way.

Ferrari went for Raikkonen in 2006 rather than Alonso because Jean Todt, the boss at the time, had fallen out with Alonso over a test driving agreement in 2001, which Alonso went back on. Now Todt has gone and the feeling in Ferrari is quite different.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Looks like the F1 will have it colours for next 2 years atleast.

BudgetCap delayed
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No crisis meetings for Saturday

Rumours suggesting a Toyota exit regardless

@genius83

I think that is just a rumour. It makes no sense to delay it till 2012. It will be the same problem in 2012 besides the financial problems are right now. The economies might be turning around by that time, and a budget cap might not be so important as it is right now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post-qualifying car weights - Monaco

Pos Driver Weight (kg.)

1. 1. Jenson Button 647.5 /li
    2. 2. Kimi Raikkonen 644.0 /li
    3. 3. Rubens Barrichello 648.0 /li
    4. 4. Sebastian Vettel 631.5 /li
    5. 5. Felipe Massa 643.5 /li
    6. 6. Nico Rosberg 642.0 /li
    7. 7. Heikki Kovalainen 644.0 /li
    8. 8. Mark Webber 646.5 /li
    9. 9. Fernando Alonso 654.0 /li
    10. 10. Kazuki Nakajima 668.0 /li
    11. 11. Sebastien Buemi 670.0*/li
    12. 12. Nelson Piquet 673.1*/li
    13. 13. Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*/li
    14. 14. Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*/li
    15. 15. Adrian Sutil 670.0*/li
    16. 16. Lewis Hamilton 645.5*/li
    17. 17. Nick Heidfeld 680.0*/li
    18. 18. Robert Kubica 696.0*/li
    19. 19. Jarno Trulli 688.3*/li
    20. 20. Timo Glock 700.8*/li
    21. * declared weight/li

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glock is the heaviest guy 700.8 kg :O
    Finally Kovalainen lighter than Hamilton
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes, it is a rumour but rumours of such type starting to circulate when something is cooking behind the curtains. And delaying it till 2012 is not a bad idea because at that time Ferrari's veto power also void and they are on the same level with other teams and so they cannot start such type of war of powers again.

Prince Albert: F1 can't lose Ferrari

Formula 1 cannot afford to lose leading teams like Ferrari and Renault, reckons Prince Albert of Monaco.

Teams continue work on F1 agreement

Formula 1 teams are due to meet once again on race morning at the Monaco Grand Prix to try and hammer out an agreement to secure the future of the sport.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton to start from back of grid

Lewis Hamilton will start from the back of the grid at the Monaco Grand Prix after a penalty for changing his car's gearbox.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Things about the Capgate controversy is getting better and better.

F1 budget cap solution in sight

Formula 1 bosses are closing on an agreement that will end the crisis over the future of the sport.

The teams have agreed with Max Mosley, president of governing body the FIA, the framework for a compromise over his proposals for a budget cap.

And another good race for Brawns their title chances are becoming more and more clearer after every GP. I am very happy for Ferrari's both finishes and also for their first podium of this season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all it was a good day as i managed to avoid Star Sports and Steve Slatter, but just watching their end of race show, i couldn't help but feel sorry for those who had to endure him for the duration of the race.

Someone please explain to me what happened with Raikkonen! With Vettel holding Massa, Webber, Heikki, Alonso, and co back for 11 or 12 laps and lapping almost 3 seconds a lap slower, how did Massa get so close to Raikkonen, when he had lost so much time behind Vettel?

Red Bull either have taken a step back with their DD diffuser or they simply don't have an over all good car. If it's only to do with mechanical grip then they will fly at fast tracks and suffer on tracks where high down force and mechanical grip is important. We will get an answer to it in the next race. Either way they are not a championship contenders.

Alonso was quite unfortunate, both times after his pitstops he came out behind traffic, first the heavily fueled Raikkonen and the second time behind the one stopping Fisichella. Hamilton made no progress which was fun to see as all the hype before the start was how great he is around this track and to watch out for his mega start and great first lap. Jr getting stuffed by Buemi was sad as he was having a good race for a change.

Lastly to Button, the winner, he showed today that no many can drive a " good" car as well as him just like he is hopeless is a car which is not a front runner. The championship is of academic interest now, at least to me. I would be more interested in seeing how many races he actually wins this year. Unless there are a few DNF's from Button, no one has a hope in hell of catching him.

@genius83

Those are all silly solutions my friend. It's not about waiting for the Ferrari veto to expire. Teams just don't want to race in the system that is being devised by Mosley. £40 Million budget is not realistic either. It has to be somewhere is the region of £60 to £70 million for the top teams to want to be in F1.

Now Renault are rumoured to be wanting to leave F1 irrespective of what the budget cap is.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Can't tell you exactly what happens because my almost half race is being ruinned by our beloved KESC and that too is the first 50 mins. but what I have seen is that Kimi's 2nd pitstop is slower and the Ferrari pitcrew have some problem putting the tyres on the car which cost him much more time then they want as Kimi leave the pit to join the race behind Rubens.

Just to correct you on one thing after 2nd pitstop Alonso comesout behind Sutil and not Fisichella othewise he has do something amazing to overtake Fisichella because Fisichella was on the lead lap as was Alonso.

RedBull most likely have the lack of mechanical grip I suppose and as Webber have already said that this is a one off performance and it may not be happen again. I also hope that they don't loose the chance of title contenders till August so that the chances of WDC and WCC remains alive.

Brawn have also said that Button's performances is almost the same as Schumacher.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am pretty sure Alonso was stuck behind Fisi for quite some time. Don't recall what part of the race it was but Fisi was ahead of him at one point on his one stop strategy. The bit you are talking about is when Alonso came out of the pits after his last stop and Sutill, just went past and Alonso had to move to one side a little which looked more dramatic than it actually was.

As for Button being like Schumacher, yeah right!! If he is like Schumacher, Beglar is Gisele Bundchen in drag

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I am sure that Schumacher may not be happy to know he is been compared to that driver who he beats quite comprehensively when they both are competing against eachother but beglar will certainly happy to be compared by Gisele Bundchen.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fastest laps: Ferrari on the move

It may have taken them six races, but Ferrari have finally come out tops in the battle of fastest lap times.

Brawn GP and Red Bull have dominated the fastest lap times so far this season, but in Monaco it was Felipe Massa in his F60 who walk away with the honours. Massa, Jenson Button, Mark Webber and Kimi Raikkonen traded fastest laps for most of the race, but in the end the Brazilian's time of 1:15.154 was the best of the afternoon.

His time, though, was just 0.036 better than that of race winner Button while Webber was a further 0.131 slower than the Brawn GP driver.

Surprisingly, Fernando Alonso, who finished the race in seventh place, was the fourth quickest while Kimi Raikkonen completed the top five.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not F1 related but, Heilo Castroneves has just won an emotional Indy 500, his third and the 15th for Team Penske. This for a guy who was about to go to prison 5 weeks back.

Castroneves claims third Indy 500 win

Helio Castroneves converted his third Indianapolis 500 pole position into a third victory in the legendary race, to complete a remarkable comeback following his tax evasion trial.

Only five weeks after he was exonerated by the jury in Miami Federal Court, the Penske driver led home Dan Wheldon - who charged through from 18th on the grid to second for Panther Racing - and Danica Patrick - who became the first female driver to finish in the top three at Indy.

Townsend Bell took a remarkable fourth on a one-off for KV Racing, with Penske's Will Power fifth in what could be his last appearance of the season.

And here is one of the freakiest crashes from the 500 this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just can't get over the comments made by Ross Brawn, where he says Button is, Schumacher-esque . That he has many traits in common with the former world champion. I hate it when people compare little mickey mouse characters with the great Michael Schumacher, and his un-doubted talent and ability. Here is a little reminder of what Brawn actually thought of his drivers about 6 months back. In fact Rubens had done so well in that dog of a car last year that had, Alonso decided to move to Honda, Button would most probably be out of that team. This is in no way meant to sing praise of Alonso, who i am a great fan off, but only to underline how fickle the world of F1 is.

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/New...ver_in_f1.html

http://www.javno.com/en-sports/alons...s-brawn_179676

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...108909,00.html

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/...r-in-f1-brawn/

http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/New...e_f1_star.html

Apart from the common theme of praising the Spaniard , the important thing to note is how Brawn talks about the top 3 and sometimes top 4 or 5 drivers in F1, and none of his current make it into the top five even.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83

Buddy it was Qatar Airways. I enjoyed the fact that i spent more time on the plane than waiting for one at the airport like last time. nevertheless, it was seriously exhausting as i had stayed up the night before. No it wasn't PIA thank fully for the reasons discussed earlier. Although i have a very interesting proposition for PIA, if they can run directly from KHI to JFK at a price lower than Qatar then that might actually be worth flying PIA with its current stanards.

I managed to catch the re run of the race. All in all a very boring race. the only exciting moment for me was when Massa cut the chicane to pass Vettel and had to let him pass and Nico made his move on Massa, that was funny. Somehow, Red Bull wasn't up to the pace probably the new diffuser has to be tested more throughly. The more i see of Button on TV the more i have started hating the guy, i have admired his driving skills back from the Honda days but as a person he just seems to cocky, kinda like the other Brit. let wait and see if he can choke like the other Brit can with the prancing horses getting ever so closer on his tail.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Teams demand FIA ditch 2010 rules

Formula 1 teams have written to FIA president Max Mosley requesting that next year's regulations are scrapped if they are to commit their future to the sport, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Hamilton: I tried to be Rocky...

The one consolation for Lewis Hamilton on an otherwise miserable Sunday in Monaco was that he put up a Rocky-esque fight to reach chequered flag.

@UK

You are 100% right about Brawn's comment about Button. And after what Button have already said about winning it is perfect time to suggest him something that could even only once been done in the history of F1, here is the suggestion "if you start boring because of winning regularly then do a Senna-esque and stop during the next race and give a comment like Senna that you are so much into the race that you could drive with your eyes closed."

Also sorry for the previous correction yes Alonso was struck behind Fisichella after his first pitstop and there are 2 reasons for that one he was heavy on fuel and two he don't have the KERS. otherwise he could get pass Fischella easily.

Another stupid comment from Hamilton, so now he tries to be a movie star, although it is still better because thanks God he didnot say he tries to do what Slyvester did in the movie "Driven".

@raptor21

Well your advice is a good one but the thing is here we don't give a damn about such advices also for the implementation of this advice needs good condition Planes which are short in numbers in PIA.

As for your's comment about Button I would suggest you should take a look at what Button have said about himself before the race.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

User Tag List