3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

World champions in making excuses for all the races where they get their *** kicked?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I have posted the news about March submitting entry and it is now confirmed from Autosport.

March aiming to return to F1

March is among the teams to have lodged an entry for the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship.

But the thing that is amazing is that Epsilon Euskadi also submits for the entry and here is the prove.

March is one of a number of teams that has lodged entries for F1. Among its rivals for entries are
    Prodrive, Lola, Team Superfund, Team US F1, Litespeed
    Epsilon Euskadi
    and
    Campos Meta1

RML decides against 2010 F1 entry

RML has put its Formula 1 aspirations on hold after opting not to submit an entry for the 2010 world championship, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

If RedBull's article was rubbish then what you will say about this news item.

Symonds: Piquet can be proud

Renault's director of engineering Pat Symonds insists the team are happy with Nelson Piquet's performance.

Brabham name set for Formula One return, says report

Hamburg - The Brabham name is set to return to Formula One if an entry for next season is approved by motorsport's ruling body FIA, Germany's Motorsport aktuell weekly magazine reports in its latest edition.

And relevant to this news remember this

Formtech buy Super Aguri assets

A German tool design and construction company have bought up the fixed assets of Super Aguri which were sold on by the liquidators of the F1 team.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Epsilon confirms 2010 F1 entry attempt

The Epsilon Euskadi team has officially confirmed that is has submitted its entry to compete in Formula 1 next season.

Also Toro Rosso apologised for Piquet shunt

Even Sebastien Buemi's formula one team apologised to Renault after the incident at the recent Monaco grand prix.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

F1 teams' demands 'unrealistic' - Mosley
    Max Mosley on Wednesday sounded unlikely to end F1's political conflict by surrendering to the existing teams' demands.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with what Pat Symonds says No, seriously, Piquet Jr is a bit of a joke so far in his young F1 career. He always had a reputation for blowing hot and cold in GP2, but have to admit that it's not easy being team mate to Alonso, and that too at Renault where the entire team is built around him. Think Symonds is trying to give Jr a bit of confidence. One also must not lose sight of the fact that the real performance of Renault should be judged by where Piquet qualifies and not Alonso. Just like the real performance of Mclaren should be judged by where Heikki qualifies and finishes, and not Hamilton.

Max Mosley is definitely on some pretty strong stuff. The way he is talking is, as if the teams are all dying to be part of F1 and without F1, they have no future or no business and so they must agree to his silly terms.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

N.Technology submits F1 application

MSC Organization Ltd, the company that owns the N.Technology racing team and the International Formula Master championship, has submitted an application to join the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship.

Button wants full grid next season

World Championship pacesetter Jenson Button hopes Formula One won't lose its top teams next season, saying the sport would be "very different" if they pull out.

@UK

You just sounded like "Steve Slater who says the same thing when asking to Alex Yoong that tell us about Alonso as you were the team mate of Alonso when he was in Minardi. How good he was and how you feel about being a team mate of Alonso. Alex replied in praising Alonso that he was good and its hard being a team mate to Alonso." Now Alonso is good I know but how come Alonso was regarded as a good driver at that time when he was a rookie in F1 and also in a team who is a real backmarker.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

All the signs were there for all to see. Out qualifying team mates by over a second, finishing 11th in a Minardi, qualifying the Minardi in the top 16 etc etc. Alex yoong was not the greatest talent to grace F1, but the way he was trounced and that other guy who raced the Minardi a few times in place of yoong. Alosno finished ahead of BAR, Arrows, Benetton, Prost etc in races. In some races his team mate would not qualify and be outside the 107% rule.

Here is a link, you can go through qualifying and race results:

2001 F1 Season

And just some video evidence to go with it. This is the Benetton Renault of Fisi racing a Minardi driven by Alonso.

h1 align=right"

/h1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I am not saying that he is not good then his team mate but if this is how we could refer to the performance of rookie drivers then Hamilton is the greatest because he is been partnered by the reigning world champion and he have matched him for the firs half and if that Hungary incident not occurs may be he could win the title in his rookie year. The point I am saying is Alonso was also a rookie like Alex then how come Alonso got the special treatment. Anyways thanks for the link.

As F1 is now all about politics so lets discuss something about racing lets assume FIA have accepted all the entries that are being done on either by FOTA or the non-FOTA teams so that means we have the required number not only achieved but also we are above the required number and as we all know that next season refuelling is ban so that means no refuelling rig needed which could led to less number of garages needed and we could have more then 26 cars on the grid possible and I mean on the most compacted pitlane(i.e. Monaco) could handle 13+ plus teams in the pit garages without a problem. Now comeback to reality even without 9 FOTA teams there are rumours that 15 teams have submit their entry for the grid positions. Thatswhy I think Max is talking in such harsh tone.

Mosley: F1 can bring in drivers from F2

FIA President Max Mosley reckons the recently re-launched F2 Championship could become the feeder series for Formula One.

Brabham family taking legal advice

The family of three-time world champion Sir Jack Brabham has moved to distance itself from the recently-announced attempt to return the surname to Formula 1.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You're missing the point, mate. He was not given any special treatment at Minardi. Poor Minardi didn't give anyone special treatment, they couldn't afford to do that stuff. In fact they couldn't do most things, but it was a nice little team.

Hamilton incident at Hungaroring? Ahem! All i remember is, that Alonso was demoted from Pole position, Hamilton started from pole as a result and won the race and got maximum points! What more could he have got from that weekend to help him? I don't know how he lost the championship because of Hungaroring incident. As for Hamilton being great, do you have any doubts about that? The guy is very good. I hate him, but that doesn't change the fact that he has a lot of talent. There was another driver who i believe made a more dynamic debut than Hamilton, but since he was not British, and he was fighting a British driver within his team, he never got the same coverage as Hamilton. That man being Jacques Villeneuve. He was more of a rookie than Hamilton, didn't know most of the European tracks at all unlike Hamilton, who had raced on them and been with M cclaren since his younger days building up to F1.

Going back to the politics, the fuel rig does not take so much space.; Teams still need the same space, one for each driver. In Monaco, at the best of times, the grid was reduced from 26 cars partly because of the pitlane being small and partly because of the nature of the track. So, i don't think there will be more than 13 teams, and if there are then we would need a pre-qualifying system provided the FOTA teams are there. If the FOTA teams should walk away, F1 as we know it would be dead. I am sure though, the FIA and FOTA will work out something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I don't mean that Hamilton lost becuase of that incident but what I mean is that incident has drawn a line between him and Alonso and then we have the Spy-Gate saga and the whole F1 season turns from the tracks to the courtrooms and we end up with one of the biggest controversy of the recent times Mclaren lost there constructor points and the rookie and Alonso decides to take it down to the race track in the most wierd manner ever. If that incident not occurred may be Spy-Gate never come into the knowledge during mid-season and the rivalary could be more interesting to watch.

As for the F1 politics and number of teams on the grid next season I think Max have clear vision in his mind what has to be done and what not. Now if you look at his statement which he give today about F2 is just clearing some more fog from what he is thinking. Also if it is true that Bernie was angry on some decisions that Max have taken in the recent past including F2 then decision like leaving FOTA out could make him more angry.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Here is a image giving details about Engine usage by all the teams and drivers.

Blue highlited means its blown, red means that engine is likley not to be used again

Link

_32E_PakWheels(com).jpg]- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955235
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FREE PRACTICE 1 : STANDINGS

P. Driver Team Time
    1 Nico Rosberg Williams 1:28.952
    2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 00.311
    3 Jarno Trulli Toyota 00.319
    4 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 00.385
    5 Felipe Massa Ferrari 00.390
    6 Kazuki Nakajima Williams 00.419
    7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 00.446
    8 Fernando Alonso Renault 00.470
    9 Rubens Barrichello Brawn 00.573
    10 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren 00.638
    11 Jenson Button Brawn 00.795
    12 Adrian Sutil Force India 00.912
    13 Timo Glock Toyota 00.982
    14 Nelson Piquet Renault 01.180
    15 Mark Webber Red Bull 01.224
    16 Robert Kubica BMW 01.693
    17 Nick Heidfeld BMW 01.737
    18 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 01.777
    19 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 01.886
    20 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 01.992
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surprise surprise, Nico Rosberg, topped the first free practice session

@genius83

That's a very informative link. Thanks and great work as always (Y) Mercedes is at the top of the list with four engines, and Kubica the driver who hs seen off two engines already. So, he either makes the rest of the season with six engines or a grid penalty awaits him.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2008 season ki yaadein

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955278

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955279

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955280

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now that is a surprise time sheet for Second Practice Session.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955301
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kovalainen on top :O

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FOTA set to suspend Force India

Force India are poised to be suspended from FOTA after submitting a separate official entry for the 2010 championship.

Brawn: We don't look that competitive in Turkey

Jenson Button has called on his Brawn GP mechanics to buckle down tonight as they try to find a solution to the Brit's lack of pace ahead of qualifying.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn GP might have a real battle this weekend. Ross Brawn asked for parts to be flown overnight from the factory to be put on the car for Saturday. Brawn, himself suggested that Ferrari have almost caught up to make it a three way battle. Remains to be seen if Ross Brawn is correct or whether he is being cautious.

Toyota have gone back to their old aero package and they should be competitive again this weekend. Renault have a new front wing and are hopping for some performance gain from it, but not surprisingly have written off their season. They took the unusual decision of not doing their set up work yesterday because of changing track conditions. They might not be as quick as they looked yesterday just like Mclaren.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

QUALIFYING STANDING
    P. Driver Team Time
    1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:28.316
    2 Jenson Button Brawn 00.900
    3 Rubens Barrichello Brawn 01.058
    4 Mark Webber Red Bull 01.092
    5 Jarno Trulli Toyota 01.145
    6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 01.294
    7 Felipe Massa Ferrari 01.337
    8 Fernando Alonso Renault 01.554
    9 Nico Rosberg Williams 01.836
    10 Robert Kubica BMW 01.836
    11 Nick Heidfeld BMW 00.000
    12 Kazuki Nakajima Williams 00.108
    13 Timo Glock Toyota 00.274
    14 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren 00.686
    15 Adrian Sutil Force India 00.870
    16 Lewis Hamilton McLaren 00.797
    17 Nelson Piquet Renault 01.061
    18 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 01.187
    19 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 01.196
    20 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 01.397

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Now first the Practice Session 3 results and then Qualifying Results.

Practice Session 3

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955452

Qualifying Results

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -955453
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

User Tag List