3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Baray_Abbu

My this reply should be posted last night but I lost my net connection so can't post it at that time.

Ferrari and FIA can't sue each other for the breaching of agreement because they both have violated the agreement. Also Ferrari not only have veto but also a leave the series clause in the agreement that have been done on the request of Ferrari and FIA have never thought that there are any chance of leaving the sport by them. Ferrari could use it to get out with out any penalty. Now the agreement you are talking about is between Ferrari and Bernie and thatswhy many question raised that why Bernie is quite when his money is at stakes. Bernie have already threatened to sue Ferrari if they not enter for the next season.

@UK

Some tracks are contracted to FIA for specific number of years and there is a clause in the contract that says that no race will be allowed on those track without the permission of FIA/FOM. As about the tracks you mentioned some of them are part of A1 GP series apart from NorthAmerican tracks. Some tracks worth mentioning are Algarve Portugal, Mexico, Gold Coast Australia, Taupo Newzealand, China, Monaco as Prince of Monaco already says that they only allow events where Ferrari will part of it, Monza as you mentioned, Imola, Losail Qatar, Kayalami SouthAfrica, Silverstone UK, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Montreal, any Japanese track but neither Fuji or Suzuka, A1 Austria also because owned by RedBull Racing. That is it the whole breakaway series Season is completed.

Schumacher: F1 needs manufacturers

Seven times world champion Michael Schumacher has added his voice to the row over the future of Formula 1 - claiming that the manufacturers should not be forced to accept the kind of radical cost cut proposals being put forward by the FIA.

FIA hints at progress as FOTA responds

The FIA has suggested that slight progress has been made in its row with the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) over the future of the sport, after claiming that a response to its request for teams to lodge unconditional entries for 2010 was 'not entirely negative.'
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FOTA Seek Advice On 2010 Breakaway

It has been reported in the Spanish newspaper Diario AS that the FOTA teams have approached Carmelo Ezpeleta to discuss a breakaway series.

MotoGP boss denies F1 breakaway link

spanTimes New Roman"; font-size: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;"Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta has denied reports that suggested he could become embroiled in the ongoing battle between the Formula One Teams Association and the FIA.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button dominance 'bad' for F1 – Ecclestone
    In the eyes of fans seeking an unpredictable sporting spectacle, the result of Sunday's Turkish Grand Prix was ‘very, very bad’.

Hurray!!!!!! Bernie is starting to kick himself

Also add Laguna Seca to the track lists. Here is the video

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

STR targets Hungary for new diffuser

Scuderia Toro Rosso is aiming to introduce its double decker diffuser at the Hungarian Grand Prix, with its technical team working flat out at the factory to try and get it ready in time.

Trulli: We're back

After a poor display at Monaco, Jarno Trulli is confident that Toyota's improved showing in Turkey is a sign of things to come.

Vettel and Schumi set for ROC return

Formula One record world champion Michael Schumacher and fellow-German F1 racer Sebastian Vettel will aim for a third straight title at the Race of Champions event, organisers said on Wednesday.

Ferrari using Toro Rosso to test engines

Toro Rosso is being used by Ferrari as a sort of Formula One 'B-team', according to a report in the German press.

Now some fun time

Button's crash or Illegal Brawn GP Test
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hill warns F1 not to repeat IRL mistake

Former world champion Damon Hill has warned that a breakaway championship set up by the current Formula 1 manufacturers would be very damaging to the popularity of the sport.

Ecclestone would fight breakaway series

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has warned the sport's manufacturers that he will be ready to take legal action against them if they adopt an aggressive approach in any plans to launch a rival breakaway series.

Ferrari says it cannot be entered by FIA

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali insists the FIA cannot include his outfit on the entry list for 2010 when it is published on Friday, unless the governing body has agreed to demands laid down by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA).

Lotus company not behind 'Team Lotus'

Group Lotus plc and its subsidiary Lotus Cars Limited have moved to distance themselves from the recently-announced "Team Lotus" that has submitted an entry for the 2010 Formula 1 world championship, and signaled that they are prepared to take action to protect the Lotus brand name.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Have Red Bull, Toro Rosso broken ranks?

FOTA could be in for a shock as another two members, Red Bull and Toro Rosso, have reportedly signed up unconditionally for next year's Championship.

Bernie: I'll sue for hundreds of millions

Bernie Ecclestone has warned FOTA's members that if they start a breakaway Championship he won't hesitate to sue them for "hundreds of millions of pounds."

Renault tells suppliers F1 exit possible
    Renault has warned its suppliers that it may not be racing in Formula One beyond the 2009 season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Planet f1 doing their usual $hit stuff. If Red Bull and Toro Rosso have signed up then they must have figured out how to race in F1 without engines. Last i checked, they were running with Renault and Ferrari engines respectively.

There is a meeting in London today, and Max Mosley is said to be ready to give in as long as he comes out looking as if he has won. So, we might have a budget cap for 2010, but it will be around 90-100 million. No two tier system meaning no flexi wings and allowing teams under the budget cap to run their engines up to 19000 revs.

If there was any doubts about how serious FOTA is, the statement made today by Carlos Ghosen is enough. Even if he is bluffing, it seems to be working. Mosley should realize the game is up.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Team Lotus: No legal threat to F1 entry

Team Lotus's entry for Formula 1 next year has been submitted in full consultation with the Group Lotus company, as team sources dismissed any talk that the outfit could face legal action from the iconic sportscar brand over the use of the name.

Le Mans invites F1 manufacturers

The organisers of the Le Mans 24 Hours have thrown the door open for any of Formula 1's manufacturers to compete in the French classic - and they have even been offered the chance to help shape future regulations.

Mosley to meet with teams today

Formula 1 teams are due to meet with FIA president Max Mosley in London today to try and reach a last-minute deal over entries for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the governing body having made clear the compromises it is willing to offer.

@UK

The very same question rises about Force India and Williams who are using Mercedes and Toyota's engines respectively. But I think all the customer engine teams have the assurance of the their engine suppliers that they will supply engine under any circumstances until their deal is intact. This is a rumour spread by Bernie Ecclestone just to enhance pressure on the FOTA to bow down in front of him and Max.

And now a history lesson for those who thinks this is the first time we are having a controversey of such high magnitude. The story starts 30 years early when almost a same type of controversey arises like what we are having nowadays so lets have a tour down the memory lane and see what was happening at that time who were the villians and who were the heroes and how history is about to repeat itself.

"The formation of the Fédération Internationale du Sport Automobile (FISA) in 1979 set off the FISA-FOCA war, during which FISA and its president Jean-Marie Balestre clashed repeatedly with FOCA over television revenues and technical regulations.[18] The Guardian said of FOCA that Ecclestone and Max Mosley "used it to wage a guerrilla war with a very long-term aim in view." FOCA threatened to set up a rival series, boycotted a Grand Prix and FISA withdrew its sanction from races.[16] The result was the 1981 Concorde Agreement, which guaranteed technical stability, as teams were to be given reasonable notice of new regulations.[19] Although FISA asserted its right to the TV revenues, it handed the administration of those rights to FOCA."

Wikipedia
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senna ready to wait on F1 chance

Bruno Senna says that he is prepared to wait until 2010 for a Formula 1 opportunity, even if a position were to fall vacant during the 2009 season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Formula 1 awaits 2010 entry list

Formula 1 is bracing itself for what could be its biggest day in recent years, with the FIA due to publish the much awaited 2010 world championship entry list before lunchtime on Friday.

So we have to wait till 5 pm PST for the list.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Horner denies Red Bull teams sign up for 2010

Christian Horner on Thursday flatly denied rumours that the two Red Bull teams have broken ranks and signed up unconditionally for next year's Formula One world championship.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA announces the provisional list of teams for the 2010. All the FOTA members are on the list while 3 new entrants also make to the list. Here is the list

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -957245

Cosworth celebrates Formula 1 return

Engine supplier Cosworth was delighted after it was confirmed on Friday that it will return to Formula 1 with three grand prix squads.

FOTA asks WMSC to intervene in F1 row

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has written to the FIA's Senate and World Motor Sport Council urging it to intervene in the row over entries to next year's championship, AUTOSPORT can reveal, as it warns the teams could be forced to walk away.

Williams 'pleased' with F1 entry

The Williams team says it is "pleased" its entry for the 2010 Formula 1 championship has been accepted by the FIA.

Ferrari won't race if conditions not met

Ferrari has made it clear that it will not compete in next year's world championship unless the conditions it attached to its entry are met by the governing body.

Prodrive disappointed to miss entry

Prodrive boss David Richards has expressed his disappointment at the decision by the FIA not to include his team on next year's official entry list, but has still not totally given up on seeing his outfit make the grid in 2010.

Red Bull insists entry still conditional

Red Bull has joined Ferrari in saying it will not race in Formula 1 next season if FOTA's demands are not met, despite being granted an entry for 2010.

Toro Rosso also committed to FOTA

Scuderia Toro Rosso says it remains committed to the Formula One Teams' Association and that it will not accept the FIA's unconditional entry for 2010.

Wirth to build Manor's Formula 1 car

Wirth Research has confirmed a exclusive partnership with the Manor Grand Prix team to produce its Formula 1 car for 2010.

Fifteen teams lodged F1 entries

The FIA has revealed that it received 15 entries from new teams to enter Formula 1 next year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Analysis: New F1 teams in detail

When the FIA opened entries for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, it received applications from 15 potential new teams.

FOTA seeking 'sensible governance'

Toyota F1 president John Howett says that 'sensible governance' remains at the top of the list of things the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) wants to see in place before it commits to the sport.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Funny stuff this..... In these tough times, one would think FIA would do all it can to keep the teams it has, attract more if possible and above all attract more fans to F1. Instead they are making a mockery of the sport.

Cosworth should be ready to supply engines to at least two more teams, Red Bull and Toro Rosso. These two teams don't have a contract beyond this year i think. On thee entry list, the engines for these two teams is listed as TBA. Brawn GP might be in the same boat.

Waiting for LDM's press conference at Le Mans tomorrow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

European carmakers call for Max to step down

Max Mosley is facing a call to stand down as FIA president as the motor manufacturers of Europe threw their weight behind the Formula One Teams' Association.

I think whatever Luca says at the press conference could not be better then the following quote from the PF1 forum member.

"It seems it all gets more complicated by the hour.

Mosley can't officially negotiate with the provisional entries because their entries are provisional, but will have to in practice.

If he reaches agreement with them, the agreement has to be accepted by the new and officially entered teams - but they won't accept if they think doing so is against their interests.

So now, instead of having to negotiate with one group, he has to negotiate with two.

Bravo! Well done Max! Here's a spade - do you think you can make that hole even bigger?

What a joke..."

Link1

Now some it's joke time

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -957461

Link2

Some memorable races incidents at Silverstone.

First 1973 Jody Sheckter's first lap crash taking out almost half field.

Second 1975 Chaos at the end because of heavy rain.

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Montezemolo: FIA reform or breakaway

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo believes there are now only two possibilities to end the current row over Formula 1 - either the FIA reforms itself or the manufacturers lead their own breakaway series.

Ferrari blames rules for poor form

The early season uncertainty about the double-decker diffuser regulations in Formula 1 has been blamed once again for Ferrari's troubled start to the season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So what happens now? There is a bunch that have entered F1 under Mosley's crazy budget cap idea, team like Williams, Force India, and the new ones. Then there are the FOTA teams who want a budget cap, but it;s somewhere double than what mad Max is suggesting. If they, the FIA, give into the demands of FOTA teams, what happens to the teams that have submitted their entries under the stupid budget cap

LDM should stick to what he is doing best these days, leading FOTA and hopefully eventually getting rid of Max Mosley. He should zip it regarding the rules and why Ferrari are struggling. The rules are the same for all and not Ferrari specific. If anyone had doubts in the years gone by, it's pretty clear from what has come out in the last month or two about the kind of influence Ferrari enjoyed in F1, and a veto since 2005!! A veto on which rule should be passed If i didn't hate Mosley so much i would be one of the people ripping into FIA and Ferrari and reminding people how world championships were manipulated in the years gone by.

So, let's just get on with it and get rid of Mosley if possible. If not let's hope the silly budget cap of 40 million goes away. Doubt any of it will happen, and it will all end up in courts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well the thing is as I posted a point of view of another forum that is the same point of view I have too. My feeling is that if FOTA withdraws then FIA have no other choice but to give a go ahead to 8 more new teams and may be even all the remaining entries could be allowed for next season with bringing prequalifying returns. While FOTA could go and have their own breakaway series in what ever format they want. Otherwise FIA loose the battle and Max have to resign and may be devolution of power occured in FIA.

As for LDM's comments about the rules he is just saying this stuff because the team who is leading the championship is being lead by his former employee. Imagine if it was Williams leading the championship, I don't think he is giving such kind of comments.

Again some thing funny and I think this is the most hilarious news for awhile although feeling sorry for Karthikeyan.

Injured Karthikeyan hopes to race

Narain Karthikeyan still hopes to play his part in the Le Mans 24 Hours despite dislocating his shoulder just before the start.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Unlikely that a break away will take place. Bernie has too much at stake to allow that to happen. Who exactly will drive the cars in F1, if there is a break away? Can't think of any big name that would stick in Mosley's F1. The big names will all go with the break away series, which means in time big revenue for the manufacturers. The situation is different from what happened in Indy car, and the split in F1 will not affect the break away series. There re many tracks that will hold races and almost all big names will be in it. I think Bernie and others will step in and better sense will prevail.

The Karthikeyan incident is very funny. Don't know how he can drive or hope to drive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

FOTA is applying every kind of pressure possible and if the politicians of European Union starting to intervene in this matter then bye-bye FIA and Mosley for good. Because may be Mosley could win against FOTA and manufacturers but how could he wins against the Italian, French, British and German governments. Also if we now look back as how the matter reaches this state it is amazing that the biggest culprits found are WMSC meeting for the lie-gate scandal because as it was a disciplinary meeting they are not allowed to discuss other matters at any cost but they approved the 2010 rules and regulations without the approval of the participants specially all those who said to be contracted till 2012. My question is if that meeting was scheduled to discuss the rules and regulations why FOTA members were not present at the meeting? There non presence proved they don't know about the other plans FIA have for that meeting. As for Bernie he has to decide I think first time in his life which side he will support the governing body or the money attracting big names of F1.

It's All Lewis Hamilton's Fault

As the arguments about the future of F1 go on unabated and the furore just grows and grows, it may be the time to point out that this is all the fault of one man. And that man is Lewis Hamilton.

One more thing although completely off-topic but using it for some argumental purpose You know Christiano Ronaldo is being transferred to Real Madrid for $131.2 million that is enough for putting atleast 2 F1 teams on the grid with the budget cap. And if we count Kaka's transfer to then at most 4 teams on the grid as the total reaches to $223 million.

Complete Off-Topic

Why the FIA wants to cut down the cost in such stupid manner if sponsor's are willing to give that much amount of money to one person then why can't they agree to give almost the same amount of money to a whole F1 teams.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

User Tag List