3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Button: Silverstone win 'would be dream'/h2

Jenson Button has confessed that winning the British Grand Prix at Silverstone would fulfil a dream that he has held since early childhood - and one that, up until this season, had looked like never materialising.

h2/h2
    h2Wet Silverstone suits Hamilton/h2

It is a wet afternoon at Silverstone, with the British Grand Prix circuit awash with water and the rain tipping down. Lewis Hamilton is in his element.

congrats to everyone on the 1000 th reply of this thread.

Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lola to make F1 decision on Tuesday

Lola boss Martin Birrane says his company will decide on Tuesday whether to call a halt to its Formula 1 project after failing to get a place on the initial 2010 entry list.

@UK

Have you seen Spanish GP what a finish in the MotoGP and if you not seen it then here is the last laps video. And after seeing this I have a question why they never use the full parabolica instead of the short cut and why they add a chicane in the last turn for F1.

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

One needs to be careful in this situation. You don't want to create another monster, FOTA, while trying to get rid of Max Mosley. Doubt the governments in Europe can do anything about Max Mosley. It's the different automobile associations which are throwing their weight behind FOTA, with each having a personal agenda. Don't need to give so much powers to the manufacturers, that they drive the costs through the roof, just like they have, ever since their return. Their (FOTA) primary goal is to to succeed in F1 at any cost. They are responsible in many ways for the soaring costs, and they don't care whether teams like Williams stay in F1. Max Mosley can pretty much take the whole or most of the F1 circus out of Europe, that's not where the money is, and he has been trying for some time now to move more races to the emerging markets. There should be a balance between both sides.

About Real Madrid buying Kaka and Ronaldo, and the money they have spent on these players. Well, Real Madrid do stupid things, what can i say This is going back to how they were some five odd years back with just about every famous name playing for them, and some not even making the playing eleven. I guess they make so much money from their loyal supporters and fans of each player that they pretty much recover what they invest. If we take the same example and apply it to F1, for example if Alonso, who i am a big fan off, went to Brawn GP, would i buy any Brawn GP merchandise? The answer is no, never! But if he goes to Ferrari, would i buy any merchandise? Yes!! Sponsors are running away from F1. Renault will lose ING at the end of the season, the orange colour will disappear from their cars. Williams will lose RBS, and likely the Navy Blue will disappear from their cars. It's a delicate balancing act that teams and FIA must work out.

I managed to watch the last few laps of Moto GP. A little surprised that Rossi was able to go through at that place, and Lorenzo didn't see it coming and didn't ride a little more defensively as it was the last corner on the last lap.

F1 used to use the track as you saw it in Moto GP. It was only a few years back, i think not more than 4-5 that they resurfaced the track completely and put that chicane there in the hope that it would help over taking! Another lame attempt at making a very boring race track and race worth watching.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I am not the one who is saying anything about the politicians to intervene in this but it was the european F1 fans that are saying this on the planetF1 forum and I only summarize what they are saying in few lines. Also one more thing even taking F1 to the emerging markets is not so succesful this season we have average crowd in the Malaysian GP most likely because of weather but in China, Bahrain and Turkey we have below average crowd while Spain have a bit above average crowd the only 2 races we have about 85%+ crowds are Melbourne the season opener and Monaco because of tradition. I think FIA should drop this venue contract system because it makes it compulsory to hold races every season at the same venue and should announce during middle part of every season which races are going to held next season which gives enough time to the venue organizers for doing the work needed to hold the event. Also when a race returns to a country in 2 years people certainly comes to watch the race in numbers.

As for Rossi's move certainly got Lorenzo by surprise because he admits the he was expecting Rossi to try a move at the start/finish straight also the thing to admire about the move is Rossi don't overshoot the braking zone.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I have no fear for Williams because Sir Frank Williams is regarded as a genius when it comes to getting sponsorship so he only have to visit any middle-east country and ask some sheikh for the sponsorship he will get that what he needed without any big problem.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

N.Technology baffled by FIA's F1 snub

Italian racing outfit N.Technology says it does not understand why its application to race in Formula 1 was rejected by the FIA - after claiming that it has been a 'victim' of the row between the governing body and the current teams.

FIA: FOTA members preventing deal

The FIA has blamed factions within the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) for the failure to find a settlement in the row over the future of the sport - after revealing on Monday that it believed it had an agreement in place last week.

Brawn: Formula 1 must learn from row

Ross Brawn believes Formula 1 teams and the FIA should take on board lessons from the row currently engulfing the sport - as he remains hopeful a solution can be found before Friday in the dispute about future cost cuts.

F1 launches iPhone application

Formula 1 fans now have the opportunity to get a live birds-eye view of grand prix action thanks to a new official iPod application that has just been released.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ross: Brawn will make the 2010 grid

Ross Brawn is "completely confident" his team will be competing in Formula One next season.

FIA 'surprised' by ACEA's calls

The FIA has expressed its 'surprise' at last week's statement issued by the European car manufacturers' association ACEA claiming that Formula 1 needs a change of governance.

'Teams upset with FIA's Donnelly'

FOTA have reportedly written to the FIA, complaining about the behaviour of the chief steward and FIA representative Alan Donnelly.

FOTA: No comment on FIA statement

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has no interest in getting dragged into a war of words with the FIA following criticisms aimed its way by the governing body on Monday.

New rumour links Coca-Cola with F1

Despite the perilous state of Formula One at the moment, new rumours have arisen linking Coca-Cola with a sponsorship foray into the sport.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was not implying that you want the European governments to intervene. I am just surprised that anyone would think they can help change things.

So, who are these teams within FOTA who don't want the deal to go through? Toyota has been talked about as one team who wants to use this opportunity to quit F1, but if the FIA statement is correct, those who attended the meeting were very receptive to the ideas put forwards by FIA, and Toyota was one of the teams who represented FOTA in the meeting. Bedsides Toyota, Renault might want to quit too and Ferrari wants to have it's own way? Vetos and sudden rule changes within the season and what not when they are in danger of losing

So, who would replace Max Mosley, if we are lucky enough to get rid of him. David Richards of Prodrive was once talked about as a possible replacement. Jean Todt is another whose name has been mentioned and even Ron Dennis! I would personally like to see Gerhard Berger, if he would accept the job. He is universally respected and has no ties to any team as such.

Need your wisdom, genius......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Why not Frank Williams and the reason is he is tired of this sport as a competitor and wants to sell his team although not officially but still he is working on it for a while and I think he is also a respected member of this sport who is being respected by most. If not him why not Alan Prost he is also a person who is been respected by many. He is known as Professor for some reason.

Well the teams that don't want to work under the Max throne are rightly pointed out by you also the last meeting before the list issued on 12th June the real team bosses are not present like LDM was in the Le Mans and Flavio was angry because of Max comments about his yacht. Although when the Ferrari get the veto power it was unfair but that unfair thing have done the fairest thing possible in this debacle. That veto give the teams the right to fight against FIA. This war is so sensitive that who ever wins the war will have a monstorous effect on the rules and regulations of F1 in the future. Do you remeber whether there was any concorde agreement talks during 98' season because Bernie in an interview said that this whole crisis is started because teams not agreed on the 98's concorde agreement otherwise they all have the veto power on the rule making. Because I think the last concorde agreement was signed in 97' and it expires in 2004 and then the controversial concorde agreement was signed which give Ferrari an unfair advantage.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA says £40m budget cap going ahead

The FIA says that its plans for a £40 million budget cap will now go ahead unchanged, after the latest talks between the governing body and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) to try and find a compromise ended without a deal.

FIA rejects criticism aimed at Donnelly

The FIA has totally rejected suggestions by the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) that stewards chairman Alan Donnelly has not been acting totally impartially.

FIA: FOTA trying to control F1 rules

The FIA has told the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) that it finds its attempts to take over the regulations of F1 and get control of commercial rights as unacceptable, as it explained why it will not back down on a budget cap.

The full statement from the FIA

What is this dispute really all about? Is it about an attempt by some teams to take over the commercial rights to Formula One? Or to take the regulatory function away from the FIA? Or even just a clash of personalities?
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber: Breakaway series appealing

A breakaway Formula 1 championship would hold no fears for drivers as it would still be the most 'prestigious' championship in the world, claims Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber.

Massa: New series maybe the best choice

Felipe Massa believes that maybe now is the time to start a breakaway championship, since there appears to be unity among teams about plans for the future.

@UK

After looking at the news headlines I posted it is now fully clear that FOTA and FIA are on a collision course none of them will step backwards and only FIA have the real chance of breaking FOTA if and only if Brawn, RedBull and STR join the grid for next season. Which means FOTA then only a manufacturers organisation but as all the mentioned teams are using engines from manufacturer teams so it is highly unlikely.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lauda blames egos for 'absurd' F1 feud

Niki Lauda has slammed Formula One's political crisis as the making of ‘egocentric managers’ engaging in ‘personal feuds’.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sir Frank Williams is too old and because of his problems he doesn't even attend a lot of races especially the fly away races except once every few years. Besides i don't see him ever wanting to give up his team, his team name either. He and Patrick Head have worked far too hard for it to throw it away like Eddie Jordan or Jackie Stewart etc.

The FIA vs FOTA stuff is a little amusing. The drivers are coming out with these statements with the consent of their teams to put pressure on FIA, and FIA are talking about the budget cap merely to put pressure on FOTA, so when they finally give in, they (FIA) can say they showed flexibility.

Honestly speaking, no one cares about what or where Red Bull or Toro Rosso or Brawn go. They can sign up for Mosley's F1, and it wouldn't change much. The real thing is Ferrari. All depends on where they end up as they are one of the driving force behind the break away threat and have enough resources to help form one. In typical FIA fashion, they are just delaying what looks inevitable now, take Ferrari to the courts and let the court decide whether Ferrari are bound to race in Mosley's and Bernie's F1 till 2012. If the court agrees with the FIA, the FOTA challenge is over, a few car giants will leave F1, and life will go on. If the decision comes that allows Ferrari to race anywhere they like, then FIA is on the back foot and they will have to give into a lot of FOTA's demands. It could be settled as quickly as that, but both sides are hopping for some sort of settlement with Ferrari, i am sure looking for some more behind the scene deals.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

The thing is that FIA are not the rule making body they are only the implementing body there are OWG, SWG and some other technical groups which decides what should be done and then they forward their decision to FIA who takes tjhe matter to WMSC where teams discuss those changes and then agreed on them after a healthy discussion. This time it happens all the other way round OWG bring semi aero regs, and suggest that use mechanical grip instead of aero grip by using Slicks but ICA allows a device that have defeated OWG and all the development started on aero based setups. FIA suggest a budget cap which in the start was way too low and have all the expenses are include in it then on FOTA's request they increase the budget cap also driver's salary are exempted from the revised budget cap. But even the revised budget cap is lower then what FOTA wants. Also first they have introduce 2 tier system then drop the idea when they revised the budget cap. I think the way FOTA and manufacturers were for last 2 or 3 years cost is certainly cut by some good amount. Like having one engine lasted for 2 races or one gear box lasted for 4 races and also making fuel efficient engines and dropping th capacity from 3.0L V10 to 2.4L V8 have certainly make the sport a bit more affordable.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I will say again, why not take Ferrari to court and decide whether they are bound to race in F1 till 2012 as claimed by Mosley and Bernie. Once that is settled, everything else will fall into place. If they are bound by what they signed which gave them the veto power etc then it's settled The rest of the teams will fall in line because Ferrari is the big fish. They will have fans which ever series they take part in.

On a side note, the age old argument of aerodynamic grip vs mechanical grip, and having cars over take on track. Mechanical grip is very important for that no doubt, but equally important is the track they race on and a driver who is capable of passing people on track. If we have a dry race at Spa, which is quite unlikely, we will see these same cars with DD diffusers passing other cars. That has to do with the track lay out more than anything else. The modern boring F1 tracks do not allow for that to happen. Lastly, there should be more incentive for a driver to pass people and he should be capable of doing it. Some drivers can some can't. Check you tube for Juan Pablo Montoya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UncleKracker

@genius83

I will say again, why not take Ferrari to court and decide whether they are bound to race in F1 till 2012 as claimed by Mosley and Bernie. Once that is settled, everything else will fall into place. If they are bound by what they signed which gave them the veto power etc then it's settled The rest of the teams will fall in line because Ferrari is the big fish. They will have fans which ever series they take part in.

@UK

Ferrari never says that they are not bound to compete in the F1 till 2012 but what they are saying is that their entry is subject to some agreed conditions(i.e Veto issue) according to the agreement, which are been violated by FIA in this case. FIA can't go to court because they have violated the agreement first and now the other party also have the right to violate or abolish the agreement. Now if FIA says that Ferrari have violated the agreement first because according to the agreement Ferrari have to take their side in whatever matter and not make or join any other association but they have make/join FOTA then the question rises why they not take them to the court in the first place. Do you think FIA have any answer to that?

As for the mechanical grip vs aero grip debate this will remains here to stay forever. We will debate on this matter every now and then the thing is we have seen some close racing in the F1 in this season's early part but as the teams started to introduce DD diffusers the racing starts to go back what it was to be in the early 2000's time where one team have a near perfect car and it was almost lapping all the tracks by 1 sec faster then any other on the grid. I am not disrespecting Brawn or his team neither I am against Button but the thing that we have to see is that the car have seen more time on track then any other car on the grid although not with the same engine but still the team have gather enough data to use it when they have the new engine. Just look at the way the front wings are developed from first race in Melbourne to last race in turkey. Toyota drop their original front wings and they starting to struggle and when in the last race they bring the original wings package back there performance improve.

As for checking Montoya's move I have seen them until he opens his mouth and as he opens his mouth I switched to something else. Tracks may have the biggest problem we have nowadays but with mechanical grip the chances of seeing some good overtakings are higher then with the aero grip cars because I think aero grip depends on clean air and when cars are chasng each other in the close formation the chances of clean air is almost null. The otherway of getting good overtaking is by changing the grid rules and implying a complete reverse grid order so that the faster guys have to do something to get ahead of slower guys. Another way of doing this is make drivers a free lancer on the payroll of FIA or FOM and make rule that during the season they have to drive atleast for half teams on the grid may be that way we could find the difference between good, average and bad drivers.

Why not Ron Dennis as a FIA president he has 40 years experience behind him of managing F1 team could be a good choice.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Firstly, let me say i hope you get electricity soon if you are affected by the break down.

I am sure you watched the Imola press conference of Montoya and Schumacher, and that's when you switched it off

If Ferrari is not denying that they are bound to race in F1 till 2012, and only crying about their Veto then it's settled. The French court has already ruled that Ferrari have a veto right, but that was not used at the right time. That being the case , Ferrari should prepare to be in F1 for a few years more.

As for Brawn and his tean, what do you say, how much of Schumacher's success was down to Brawn, Byrne, Todt, and how much was down to Schumacher? Seems, Ross Brawn can go to any team and make a car that allows one driver to dominate and break records He is making Button look like God's gift to F1.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will bring you some F1 news as our regualr F1 reporter, genius83 is suffering from electrcity problems.

Let's start with something funny;

Mansell: Button is 'best in the business'

Former Formula 1 world champion Nigel Mansell has hailed Jenson Button as the 'best in the business' on the eve of this weekend's final British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT, Mansell said that Button - who starts this weekend's event seeking to make it seven out of eight victories so far this season - is already a dead cert to take this year's drivers' title.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

The break down hits my area at 70 pm last night and after having a 17 and a half hour break down electricity came back for half an hour and then we have this hide and seek game of electricity for another 3 hours before the electricity came back with full power.

Now, the news you post is pure fun. Just because Button is winning he becomes the best of the best looks like we are going for another British mania known as "
    Button mania
    ".

Jense: It's the car but I also have talent

Jenson Button has defended himself against accusations it is the car, and not his talent, carrying him to Formula One glory this season.

Lola withdraws F1 entry application

Lola has withdrawn its application to enter Formula 1. The announcement follows the UK racing constructors' failure to receive a place on the initial 2010 entry list.

Hill: Formula 1 will miss Silverstone

British Racing Drivers' Club president Damon Hill believes the absence of Silverstone will be a loss to Formula 1 if the British Grand Prix does not return to the circuit in future.

FOTA urge for compromise in row

The Formula One Team's Association (FOTA) has sent a letter to the FIA calling for urgent compromise in the row over next year's rules to prevent the possibility of a breakaway series.

Mosley offers deal but deadline stands

FIA president Max Mosley says there will be no backing down on his insistence that Formula 1 teams lift the conditions attached to their entries within 48 hours, but has hinted that a compromise could now be on the cards.

Mosley outlines deal offer to teams

FIA president Max Mosley has informed teams of the package of rules that he is willing to accept for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, as a final push is made by the governing body to end the standoff over entries to the 2010 championship.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. KESC needs your wisdom and guidance It's criminal what they are subjecting the people of Karachi to. Best that our incompetent government takes over the KESC. I read somewhere that KESC is only producing up to 60% of it's capacity. If the Federal government is not going to do anything then give it to the city government. I am sure Mustafa Kamal will do a lot better than what these idiots are doing. Our minister for load shedding was on TV in the morning saying, power had been restored to most parts of Karachi

As for F1, yes, Button is the best in the business. That doesn't just mean F1, but best in the world!! So, any big name you can think of racing anywhere in the world, Button can kick is ***, at least in Mansell's crazy mind. Spare a thought for the drak knight, a few months back he was the greatest thing that happened to F1, and now within six-seven months of winning his world title, Button has become the best in the business.

It's decision time today. I say FIA-FOTA come out with a statement saying they have reached an agreement or perhaps the deadline is extended. Doubt there will be the dooms day scenario many have painted, although i would to see how a break away works.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

User Tag List