3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I have no allegiance to Ferrari or any other team. We all have a love affair with Ferrari though. I would want Alonso to be in a competitive car, be that Force India. So, it's not so much a dream, as it is a desire to see him in a competitive car. The Ferrari news is F1's worst kept secret and that part of my dream or desire had already been fulfilled.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!90417~ForumID!28~Page!32~pw. html&#reply

AND

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!90417~ForumID!28~Page!26~pw. html&#reply

The above links are more reliable. I don't believe Planetf1 or Spanish newspapers. Traditionally, Ferrari do introduce their new drivers around that time, sometimes between the Hungarian and Italian GP or at the Italian GP. It's the first time I am hearing about a five year contract though. Everything i have read so far says a three year deal with an option for fourth year.

The question is, do the Ferrari drivers deserve to be dumped at the end of this season after the car they have been given this year? My answer would be, No! They don't have a car to fight for a podium position, never mind winning a race. So far both, Massa and Raikkonen have tried their best and maybe one can be in a better position towards the end of the season to judge what Raikkonen has done and see if he has the motivation. Who will they drop in case Alonso joins Ferrari next year? Most likely Raikkonen will leave F1, and Massa with the confidence he has from last season would think he can partner Alonso, but that will not last for more than a year. For starters, Massa will soon realize that Alonso is no Raikkonen. He does not have good and bad days or good and bad tracks. So where does Massa go from there? Either play second fiddle to Alonso or maybe make a move to Toyota and become the team leader there.

As for Vettel, i would say no chance unless Alonso has a falling out at Ferrari, again something i would say unlikely to happen. The German teams let one German( Michael Schumacher) slip, they won't let that happen again. Mercedes and BMW will make a pitch for Vettel's services, especially BMW, who have old links with Vettel, and whether Ferrari will get in a bidding war with other teams for Vettel's services when they have Alonso onboard.

Alonso on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed a competitive car next year at Renault. I am pretty sure that Renault have failed this year in providing him with a car which his contract stipulates so he will have the option of leaving the team at the end of the season if he so wishes. Maybe it will come down to Alonso making the decision and not Ferrari, about when he joins the team, 2010 or 2011.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bridgestone announce tyre allocations for next four races

Bridgestone, the Official Tyre Supplier to the FIA Formula One World Championship, is pleased to announce the compound allocations of Potenza tyres for a further four rounds of the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -963281

Alguersuari becomes Red Bull reserve

Reigning British Formula 3 champion Jaime Alguersuari will take over Red Bull reserve duties from Brendon Hartley from the German Grand Prix.

No plans for team orders, says Red Bull

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner insists that there will be no team orders between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber unless only one of them is in contention for the title later in the season.

Alguersuari eyes 2010 STR race seat

Jaime Alguersuari is targeting a 2010 race seat with Scuderia Toro Rosso after being confirmed as reserve driver for both Red Bull teams today.

Yas Marina Circuit’s ‘Virtual Driver Experience’ goes live

Motorsports fans around the world can now drive the spectacular new Yas Marina Circuit, months before Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton, and the rest of the professional drivers arrive for the first Formula 1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Virtual Driver

@UK

Looks like a Michal style farewell is on the card for Kimi. How good a F61 would be is still way too early to predict and if Ferrari switch to F61 as there are rumours then they should bring out something a class apart from the field otherwise they will be regarded as what we are saying now for BMW's achievement after ditching their championship chance last season and bringing out such crap of a car.

Also congratulations Fedex is in Semis.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL!

Ferrari plays down Alonso 'speculation'

F
    errari has dismissed as ‘speculation’ the latest reports that Monza could be the scene of an announcement about Fernando Alonso's 2010 seat.

The Spanish newspaper Diario AS reported this week that September 11, the Friday of the Italian Grand Prix, may have been set aside to confirm the Spaniard alongside one of the Maranello team's existing drivers.

The report coincided with confirmation that, for the first time, the Italian marque's end-of-season 'World Finals' event in mid November is scheduled to take place in Spain.

But spokesman Luca Colajanni said:
    "We are not going to waste our time commenting on speculation.

"Everyone should remember that Massa and Raikkonen have contracts which include 2010,"
    he told Italy's La Gazzzetta dello Sport.

@genius83

Thanks. Too bad Nadal is not there. Prepare for the madness that will be Andy Murray's semi-final match.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dallara says F1 challenge 'fascinating'

Gian Paolo Dallara says building a Formula 1 car for the Campos Meta team will be a 'fascinating' challenge for the Italian company.

Another new diffuser for the Red Bull

It was only back in Monaco that Red Bull introduced its revised package aimed to benefit from a new double decker diffuser, and now again the RB5 is fitted with an update. The element is possibly as good an improvement as the original DDD was.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2Fernando Alonso and Ferrari /h2

Here we go again; summer’s here, the temperatures are sky high, there’s a long three week gap between races and Max Mosley and FOTA have gone quiet.

If a vacuum is created something will come along to fill it and in this case it is the Spanish sports paper AS claiming that Ferrari is set to announce its deal with Fernando Alonso at the Italian Grand Prix in September.

According to AS, Monza is where important Ferrari announcements are made (true up to a point) and the traditional end of season Ferrari celebration has been booked in for November at the Valencia circuit (the permanent one, not the F1 street track) in order to celebrate the arrival of the Spanish driver many in the team feel they should have hired in 2006.

“We are not going to waste our time commenting on speculation. Everyone should remember that Massa and Raikkonen have contracts which include 2010,” team spokesman Luca Colajanni is quoted as saying to Gazzetta dello Sport.

I’ve posted on this before, if anyone wants to look back it was during Monaco weekend and just after Christmas last year. Alonso is a Ferrari driver, the deal is done and it is looking increasingly possible that he will drive in 2010 rather than 2011. Who knows whether they will announce it at Monza, but the story fills the news vacuum at the moment.

What I will say is that back in 1995 there were many rumours that Michael Schumacher was going to be announced as a Ferrari driver. The Ferrari press office issued a press release on 20th June which said,

“Ferrari would like to express, for the umpteenth time and with maximum clarity that all stories relating to negotiations with the driver Michael Schumacher are totally false.”

A few weeks later FIAT patriarch Gianni Agnelli announced the signing of Schumacher and new era began.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cooooooooooolllllll.........(Y)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bulgaria looks to secure GP for 2011

Bulgaria is looking to secure a place on the Formula 1 calendar in 2011 next week, when officials will meet with Bernie Ecclestone in Germany.

Piquet: No 2008-like Renault turnaround

Renault's Nelson Piquet believes the team will struggle to repeat the turnaround in form it achieved in 2008 in the second half of this year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fisi: Definitely improving

Giancarlo Fisichella is loving his current run of form, which has seen him claim two top ten finishes in the last three grands prix.

Valencia circuit to reduce seat capacity

The Valencia street circuit is planning to reduce its seat capacity for this year's European Grand Prix.

BMW targets upturn with revised parts

BMW Sauber is to bring an upgraded version of its double-decker diffuser, plus a raft of mechanical updates, to the German Grand Prix in a bid to turn around its disappointing form.

McLaren revises development approach

McLaren has adopted a more considered approach to improving its troublesome MP4-24, after deciding that the scatter-gun tactic of throwing new bits onto the car as quickly as possible was not best.

@UK

Federer in the final for the 7 consecutive time and becomes the first to achieve this now waiting Murray mania.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Virgin set for Manor GP move

Virgin's switch from sponsoring Brawn GP to the new Manor team has been all but confirmed, after the Guardian newspaper published on Friday a leaked email saying the deal was done.

There has been intense speculation that Richard Branson's company would join the F1 newcomers for several weeks, with one source saying that the team has informed other potential sponsors that Virgin will buy into the outfit and have it renamed.

Manor itself has kept tight-lipped on the Virgin deal, with team boss John Booth telling AUTOSPORT last week that he would not comment on commercial deals.

However, the Guardian has published an email from Alan Donnelly, who is Max Mosley's official representative, saying the Virgin tie-up was completed several weeks ago.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Murray mania died in the semi finals, much like Henman mania used to do in the years gone by Damn! Pakwheels should come up with more similes for use that can be used at a joyous occasion like this Haven't seen Roddick play so well in a long time.

Federer would regain the number one ranking, something many though was never going to happen, if he wins tomorrow, and he is pretty likely to do just that. Only Federer can beat himself now i.e. with nerves, the weight of the occasion and what he is about to achieve. I am not a fan of numbers, statistics almost never do justice to a person, but it's his style of play, the grace he has brought to the game and how he carries himself on and off court which makes him so special. All the best to him, he deserves all the success and again i wish Nadal was not injured, then again that is the style of game Nadal has and he will be prone to injuries all through his career if you run down every ball and stand ten feet behind baseline retrieving every ball.

Beglar must be ecstatic not because Federer is on the verge of creating history, but more so because both the Williams sisters are in the final They should be banned from playing with the girls and instead play on the men's circuit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Have you heard Roddick's interview after the win "What was he thinking when he says that some people doesnot like me winning and Sometimes you have to play extraordinary?" Also Williams Sisters could easily beat some male players in Men's Circuit including Murray, Hewitt and most likely Roddick while against Federer and Nadal they give tough times to both. I also thinks that Pakwheels should add more Smileys option.

Also looks like they don't want a repeat of Catalunya and thats why they have cut the seating capacity to 75,000 from 112,000 at Valencia for the European GP.

A step too far for Ecclestone?

Never one to side step controversy, Bernie Ecclestone has been quoted as saying that Adolf Hitler was a man who "was able to get things done" and that Max Mosley would do a better job than Gordon Brown or Tony Blair.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I missed the post match interview. Roddick was probably talking about the British crowd wanting him to lose. Can't blame the poor Brits, not had a British champion at Wimbledon for 73 years, lol. So much for Murray mania. I remember back in 2006, some bookies there were offering pretty good odds that Andy Murray would become world number 1 by the end of 2007 I had suggested to my cousin to put some money on it because for Murray to become number 1, both Federer and Nadal would have to be dead and some others would have to retire in their prime.

Valencia needs Alonso in a competitive car and they might need to put extra seats at Valencia, just as they had to do in Barcelona, when he was winning.

Bernie is losing it i think in old age.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i seriously wanted roddick to win,
    wt did roddick say to federer during post match speech?
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RedBull_ar

Roddick played the match of his life. No one gave him much of a chance before the start of the match. At the most, he was expected to take a set off Federer. In a way, it underlined how superior Federer is to others, he didn't play his best tennis but pulled out the win under great pressure. Roddick was the underdog and didn't have much to lose, but kinda sad to see someone lose at the end of such a grueling match.

During the post match interview, Federer said to Roddick, " I know how it feels, i was on the receiving end last year" to which Roddick said, " you have won it five times" Six actually, Mr Roddick Federer replied, " It (losing) still hurts"

Congratulations to all Federer fans especially my good pals, genius83 and beglar_begi. He's got the number 1 ranking back too which is a nice little bonus to go along with his 15th grand slam title .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What a freaking match!!!! Still reeling from it. The fifth set seemed like it would go on forever... it was almost like both of them were playing the power game... no more rallies lets ace our way through this and see who turns up short. I dont think Roddick should have played that game with federer though... roddicks aces are fueled by pure power and that would have back fired eventually - case in point his serve in the last game - while federer's serves are all about placement.

Had it been any other player in the final against Roddick i would have been cheering on for him. He is an awesome player and a really great guy off the court but you gotta hand it to the man federer! FEDEXPRESS is rolling again... all on board!

I think i need to watch that match one more time... but after I watch last years final. And to top that off Mohammad Yusuf scored a century... yet again another loaded weekend has delivered all it had promised.

I thought it was awesome the way pistol pete made his entrance too... 5 minutes late... nice!

congrats UK and genius... the man has done it... its all premium from here on.
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK and beglar

Congratulations to both of you, but this is the third time in last three years that the Wimbeldon Final have gone to 5 sets, and this is the luck for you Federer never break Roddick's serve through out the match and still wins the match after breaking for the first time. Roddick wins more games then Federer also he was playing his first GrandSlam final in last five years. I certianly not expecting Roddick to give such a tough fight but he done it and thatswhy I think the crowd give a more applaud to him then for Federer. I like the way Roddick appologise to Sampras for not holding of Federer for a little more.

Campos driver announcement in Valencia

Adrian Campos is hoping to announce his first ever F1 driver signing at August's European GP as his team continues preparations for their first season in F1.

Button: I'm the best

Jenson Button cheekily reckons he's "the best" racing driver in history.

Theissen: BMW not happy with recent results

Mario Theissen admits BMW are not happy with how this season is panning out, having scored just eight points in eight races.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New parts and home crowd boost Vettel

Sebastian Vettel believes that further improvements to his Red Bull Racing RB5, plus home advantage, will be a help to his chances of securing a home victory in this weekend's German Grand Prix.

Trulli eyes podium return at Nurburgring

Jarno Trulli is hopeful Toyota can return to challenging for a podium finish at this weekend's German Grand Prix - a decade on from his maiden top three spot.

Renault brings aero step for Germany

Renault is to introduce a sizeable development step to its car at this weekend's German Grand Prix as it bids to become the third fastest team in the second half of the season.

Mallya: Podium target no pipe dream

Force India boss Vijay Mallya thinks his team is firmly on track to achieve its target of scoring podiums within two years, judging by the upturn in pace it enjoyed at the British Grand Prix.

Sutil fully fit for home grand prix

Adrian Sutil will be fully fit for his home race in Germany this weekend, after reporting no after effects from his huge crash in qualifying for the British GP.

@UK

I have asked you to guess whether we could see a new controversy or not and looks like the new controversy is in the making.

More controversy as rejected teams cry foul or Cosworth embroiled in latest FIA controversy

There is yet more controversy in F1 as teams who were rejected for next year's Championship have claimed that unless they signed up with Cosworth their applications were not considered.

Also like to know whom you think could claim that they have a good chance of having Mercedes, Renault or Ferrari engines. My guess is Lola.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So many teams have got updates for the coming round at Nuburgring, that it's hard to know who is where in the pecking order especially with no testing allowed. BMW must have put in a huge effort, given this is their home track and Mclaren seem to think things are on the up. Red Bull continue to bring upgrades to their car, and Vettel on home turf should be interesting to watch. Renault have big aero upgrades, but as rightly pointed out by Alonso, it's so tight in the middle of the pack that unless you make a big step forward that gets you something like four-five tenths in one go, it's quite unlikely to move up the grid without it, because all the teams are making small steps.

@genius83

I don't feel that there is a new controversy brewing up. FIA must have insisted the new teams go with Cosworth, because FOTA was threatening a breakaway series at that time and FIA obviously did not want any of the new teams to have engine deals with the FOTA teams. The idea is to cut down costs and the more teams sign with Cosworth, the cheaper it will get for them to provide engines. As to who might get an engine from the works teams, i would say that from the list of those who will be on the grid in 2010, if anyone wanted, then Campos Racing, which is a Spanish team, the owner is a guy who discovered a certain driver named Fernando Alonso, and gave him his first break and that driver is now at Renault.That connection should count for something, no?

The teams which did not get entry, Prodrive was the biggest name from that list and i would think they would most likely get a deal done with one of the FOTA teams. I was surprised that teams like Prodrive and Lola were over looked. Personally, I would love to see Williams get the works engines from Toyota if and when they pull out of F1.They should be at the sharp end of the grid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Were you talking about these match stats?

table cellpadding=0" cellspacing=0" width=440"
    tbody

Match Summary

Roddick (USA)
    Federer (SUI)

1st Serve %
    168 of 239=70 %
    127 of 197=64 %

Aces

Double Faults

Unforced Errors

Winning % on 1st Serve
    140 of 168=83 %
    113 of 127=89 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve
    31 of 71=44 %
    42 of 70=60 %

Winners (Including Service)

Receiving Points Won
    42 of 197=21 %
    68 of 239=28 %

Break Point Conversions
    2 of 5=40 %
    1 of 7=14 %

Net Approaches
    42 of 69=61 %
    38 of 59=64 %

Total Points Won

Fastest Serve Speed
    143 MPH
    135 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed
    127 MPH
    118 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed
    105 MPH
    98 MPH

/tbody
    </table

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Yes, these are the stats I was talking about now look at it Fedex only break Roddick's serve once and thats the last game in the last set. Also these stats don't show how many games are been won by whom so count the games won by both yourself. Points are total different thing because they depend on Duece through out the match.

Politician cancels Ecclestone meeting

Bernie Ecclestone's controversial comments about Adolf Hitler that emerged over the weekend have led to the cancellation of a meeting he was due to have with a German state leader at the Nurburgring this weekend.

Ecclestone sorry for Hitler remarks

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has issued an unreserved apology for his remarks about Adolf Hitler that were published at the weekend - claiming he was an 'idiot' for saying it.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

User Tag List