3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuji Speedway pulls the plug on the Japanese GP

Fuji International Speedway has pulled the plug on hosting the Japanese Grand Prix in the future, track officials confirmed on Tuesday.

The circuit had been planning to share the event with Suzuka, having held the last two Japanese GPs, but the global economic downturn that has affected track owners Toyota has forced a rethink.

A statement on the circuit's website said that although planning had already been underway for the 2010 event, the track had no option but to abandon its plans.

"In view of the sharply deteriorating business conditions and few signs of a rapid economic recovery, we decided it would be extremely difficult to continue holding the F1 Japanese Grand Prix," said the statement.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber: Too early to back Vettel

Mark Webber says it is too early for Red Bull to adopt a strategic approach to the drivers' world championship and throw all its weight behind Sebastian Vettel.

The German has won two grands prix, in China and Great Britain, and carries momentum into his home race this weekend after Red Bull's dominant performance at Silverstone.

But Webber is only 3.5 points behind Vettel in the world championship and says there are no team orders stopping him from fighting for his first win in Formula 1.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sir je, i don't get it which part of the stats should i look at which suggests that Roddick played better than Federer, if indeed he did. Is it the 1st serve %age or first and second serve faster bit? because that's the only part where he has an edge on Federer. If it's %age of points won on first and second serve, aces, total winners, receiving points won, net approaches, everything points to Federer having had the better of Roddick by some margin. Roddick broke Federer's serve twice in the match and Federer broke Roddick's serve once, not much there either.

Here is a news bit that you might be interested in. I recall we had a chat about PIA and other airlines. Well, PIA ......

Mice on PIA flight

LAHORE: The crew of a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight from Birmingham to Islamabad was put on its toes when it learnt that mice accompanied them on board, a private TV channel reported on Monday. According to the channel, the passengers of PIA’s flight PK-792 that landed at the Benazir Bhutto International Airport early on Monday, complained to the staff of seeing mice running around in the plane. The PIA administration called for 50 mice-catching machines from Karachi through another flight and managed to rid the plane of the mice after a long ‘battle’. The flight that was to leave for London at 11am eventually left at 2:30pm. daily times monitor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I am in no way saying that Roddick has played better then Federer but what I was pointing out was Federer was not able to break a single serve till the last set and commentators were discussing how the match was going to end if the both can't able to break others serve and then the serve was broken to decide the match was by Federer who until then have lost 6 serve breaking oppurtunities. This is in my opinion is what we could call Luck. I hope this clarified the whole situation.

And I would like to know what will be Raptor21's comments on that. Well who said PIA don't provide inflight entertainment they are now providing the Summer Vacation's special Package Tom and Jerry live during the flight to your destination. Also I think they should start a new advetising campaign we provide our services to not only humans but to all kind of Living beings. Hollywood make a movie Snake Flight where the plane was full of Snakes looks like Lollywood got the idea for their movie Mice Flight.

The Nurburgring weather predictions are wet through out the weekend looks like we are going for another RedBull Vettel dominant race.

FOTA to consult fans on F1 rules

Grand Prix racing fans will be consulted more about future rule changes, claims a leading figure from the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA).

Villeneuve keen to find F1 drive

Jacques Villeneuve says he is back in love with Formula 1 again, with his sights firmly set on landing a race seat for 2010.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83

Hahahaha! Hollywood made a movie and PIA went one step further, thet showed you how to really have rodents on plane. Man when are we going to close this damned organization and stop it from disgracing our hospitality.

Well on the positive side, at least the passengers had something to talk about and to remember for the rest of their lives otherwise whats the fun in having an 8 hour long flight siting in one seat watchin movies.

RBR's should be very competitive in Germany and Vettel should have a home race advantage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Great idea!! Lollywood, here comes genius83 with a script to make a blockbuster. It was a Boeing 777 ER, one of their rather better planes

@raptor21

dude! last i recall you were all for them flying to JFK with reduced air fare. Maybe you can try it next time? I read somewhere it,PIA was going to be privatized. Highly unlikely as every govt that comes into power provides employment to their party workers through PIA, and who would be crazy enough to buy it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA: FOTA can't finalise rules by itself

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has been told by the FIA that it cannot go it alone and finalise new regulations by itself unless it has the full support of non-member teams, AUTOSPORT has learned.

@UK

Well the supposed blockbuster would be better then the crap made in Lollywood.

WeatherLink

@raptor21

Good timing bro, really good timing.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley - five teams can block F1 peace deal

Max Mosley has reminded Formula One teams that next year's budget cap rules can only be overturned if they unanimously agree.

Ecclestone still plans to attend German GP

Bernie Ecclestone insists he will attend this weekend's German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

Nurburgring set for chilly German GP

As at Silverstone, the weather could again play into Red Bull's hands this weekend as its drivers try to close the points gap on championship leaders Brawn.

Europe has future on calendar – Ecclestone

Europe has a ‘very strong’ future on the Formula One calendar even though nearly half of the 17 annual Grand Prix events are staged abroad. Ten years ago, there were only five Grand Prix outside of Europe.

Now this is the chart of engine usage after British GP.

_A3A_PakWheels(com).jpg]- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -965362
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank u for the roddick/federar argument wording

i am seeing that ferrari used thr own engines alot less then thr customers, seems like they are using them as test beds, same can be said to some extent abt mercedes

any special reason almost everyone used thr engine 3 the most.? and wt is kubica thinking? can he revert to his older engine if he runs out of all 8?
    Alpha Romeo 156

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83
    do you remember the list of tracks for the 2010 season i posted a few pages back was it just a rumor or was it true ???
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ UK

Yeah, i was all for flying PIA if they flew form KHI to JFK with no stops and at a competitve rate, but no body told me that they have rodents as pets on board.I still might consider flying with them but only for entertainment purposes.

With so many aero-updates on so many cars for the next race do you guys think any of the teams would be able to have a substantial improvement especially with regards to BMW, Renault and McLaren? and do you guys think RBR has a slight bit of an advantage with their new updates over BRAWN GP, i mean i know its difficult to know right now but wanted to know your thoughts.

When is Max Moseley going home? Seriously! i think he is making matters worse for F1. Now all the teams have to be unanimous in their decission otherwise we are back to square one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I will look forward to the movie directed by you and thank you for the useful links as always (Y)

@RedBull_ar

Kubica is eating engines, i think more in frustration than anything else. Yes he can use some of the engines when he runs out of new ones which should be very soon, the way he is going about it.. A used engine, one race old is said to be anywhere between two to three tenths slower. As for the engines, i have no idea but a theory of my own. As each driver must use an engine for three races, i think the first engine might have done less miles because of the season opener and subsequent races and incidents. For example, the Kubica-Vettel accident in Oz, though it was a few laps from the end , but still. Heikki hasn't lost a single engine and now that i think about it, it's mostly to do with him not having completed a single in a few GP. Massa who is the only other driver not to lose an engine so far is quite impressive though he had a retirement or two. The other reason for engine a not being used as much might be the race which was stopped at half distance, round two. This is just something i came up with, no idea what the real might be.

@raptor21

Maybe the rodents were flying PIA and had some place to go? Maybe in time PIA can see them as their only passengers and hence they were allowed on board

Silverstone was a mixture of things that helped make Red Bull look very good. Firstly, they have an awesome car for tracks that are heavily dependent on aerodynamic grip. Silverstone is an ideal track for that and so is Barcelona except for it's last (revised) sector. A car which is fast on these tracks is pretty much fast every where. Secondly, the low track temperatures during the weekend and race also played in Red Bull's hands. Brawn GP, so far has had problems when the temperature has been on the low side. Whether they have made a step in the right direction about it, i don't know. Unlikely i would say because it's not so much a problem as it is their car being very gentle on it's tires and when other teams start to struggle on super softs, we see the Brawns going well on them especially Button. Any top driver, and here i would sadly have to include Hamilton in the llist, would get more out of that car in cooler conditions than say Button does.

The rest of the pack is so tight, it's hard to predict anything. Unless someone has made a huge leap, and i mean really unlocked something really big, it's hard to see there being a huge difference in the pecking order. Mclaren i feel have given up on their car. They might bring the odd upgrade here and there but that car is fundamentally flawed. Having said that it might go well at Nurburgring, because whatever little good things that car has might actually be suited to the Nurburgring. BMW and Renault? I think they will continue to develop for different reasons. BMW to show they have a good car and make sure Kubica feels his long term future is at BMW. Renault might bee doing the same in the hope of keeping Alonso, if by nothing else but to achieve what his contract stipulates. I feel it's too late and the get out clause in his contract can now allow him to leave the team if he so wishes. Plus Renault need really good results to justify their involvement in F1. Carlos Goshen is not a man who likes to "waste" money. That's how he turned Nissan around.

In short, it will be normal service with the Brawns and Red Bulls up at the head of the field. Hope i am wrong. For the title fight to carry on, we need one more team to get into it and take points off Button or take him out of races. I will be happy with either scenario

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SLR

Bro, I have said it previously about the list and I am saying it again that it is most likely a fake list because of too many things. Helsinki cannot hold a race because it is a street circuit and if you look at the list there were already 3+1 street circuits (including Monaco, Singapore, Adelaide and Jerez).

@raptor

Are you really wanted to know the answer or just like to hear the hunch clarified it first.

@RedBull

Yes, Kubica can revert to only those engines which are in white because reds are engine which will not be used again and blues are engines that blown.

@UK

As you have seen the weather predictions now tell me have we ever see hailstorm during a F1 race. Because a member of Planet F1 forum living near Nurburgring have said that about a week ago they have a hailstorm and after the storm they have to use dozer to clear the roads from the hail which was about one feet high. He asked what happens if such a hailstorm occurs during the weekend? and look at this F1 have another crisis.

FOTA teams walk out of FIA meeting

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) walked out of a technical meeting with the FIA about future rules on Wednesday, renewing doubts about the strength of the recent peace deal.

FOTA says FIA putting F1 in jeopardy

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has accused the FIA of putting the future of the sport in jeopardy after talks to sort out rules collapsed on Wednesday.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Must say i have no clue if ever there has been a hail storm during a F1 race. I guess it would be impossible and worse than rain if that has ever happened or it were to ever happen because that would mean no grip, and i mean literally no grip unlike in the wet when there is some grip. The cars would be going off every where i think and unless you happen to be Lewis Hamilton, no crane is going to help you get back on track and be allowed to race.

As for the FIA vs FOTA again, FOTA is stupid! Of course they have no right to help draft any regulations because their entry was " conditional" The interesting twist will be that FIA insisted all along that Ferrari were bound to race in F1 and their entry was not conditional given that they ( Ferrari ) signed a contract back in 2005 which also gave them a veto. now where is that Veto? Ferrari can sit in these meetings and Veto everything and i mean everything the five other teams come up with. Mosley must realize his time's up. As much as he wants to do " good" for F1 in his head, he must go and must realize it's time to let someone else sort out the mess he's made. As for FOTA, there is a saying, well two sayings, one is kinda crude. Anyway here is how it goes, " if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" and second "either **** or leave the pot" It's as simple as that. Don't make threats about a Break away if you can't back it up. As Allen Iverson said, " man enough to pull a gun, be man enough to squeeze it "

They should dictate their terms, simple!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Newey: Balance to swing at each track

Red Bull's technical chief Adrian Newey is expecting the balance to swing between his team and rival Brawn depending on the nature of the upcoming circuits.

FIA: FOTA was aware of observer status

Formula 1's ruling body, the FIA, has responded to the FOTA teams, claiming they were aware of the rule-making process when they joined yesterday's meeting.

Alonso rubbishes Ferrari 'rumours'

Fernando Alonso has rubbished speculation linking him yet again to the Ferrari team, saying he is not even in talks with the Italian squad.

Kubica says 2009 not a wasted season

Robert Kubica believes that the 2009 season is not a wasted one in his career despite having scored just two points in the first eight races of the season.

Bourdais denies doubts about F1 future

Sebastien Bourdais has rubbished reports that the German Grand Prix will be his last for Scuderia Toro Rosso.

FOTA explain Nurburgring ‘walk out’

Today the Formula One Teams' Association, alongside Force India, Williams, Campos, Manor and US F1, met officials from the FIA governing body in the hope of signing off the rules and regulations for participation in next year's FIA Formula One World Championship.

2010 Red Bull to be built around Vettel

Next year's Red Bull will ‘inevitably’ be based on the driving style of Sebastian Vettel, team boss Christian Horner has revealed.

Ecclestone to lose Austrian government honour

An Austrian government minister is investigating whether a national honour awarded to Bernie Ecclestone several years ago can be repealed.

Breakaway plans 'not buried yet' – Howett

The threat of a breakaway series remains a viable ‘alternative’, FOTA Vice-Chairman John Howett insists.

@UK

Well never in F1 but in FIA GT series I think they have hailstorm during the race and about 16 cars ended in the gravel in one place making some quite serious crashes before being
    Red Flagged

FIA have accepted FOTA's conditional entries on 24 June when the peace deal agreed and WMSC statement is the witness of that acception. So, how they could say that now about FOTA entries as conditional also they have agreed on dropping budget cap and it's related rules for 2010. Also do you know that new teams are not allowed to vote for rules making until they competed for 2 years in the championship so how could Manor, Campos or USF1 have the right to make rules even before competing in the championship.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button says he can't afford not to push

Championship leader Jenson Button says his Brawn team cannot relax and settle for points finish in the remaining races of the season if he is to beat the Red Bull Racing drivers.

Melbourne could pull out over F1 rows

Australian Grand Prix chairman Ron Walker has warned that the continuing uncertainty over Formula 1's future could see his event withdraw from the schedule.

Theissen: Ecclestone apology necessary

BMW Motorsport director Mario Theissen expects Bernie Ecclestone to make a public apology for comments he made about Adolf Hitler, when he arrives at the Nurburgring.

FOTA pushing ahead with breakaway

Formula 1 teams are pressing ahead with their plans for a breakaway championship next year, despite hope that a fresh push to tie a deal with the sport's commercial chiefs can bring an end to their troubles with the FIA.

Willis parts company with Red Bull

Red Bull Racing's technical director Geoff Willis has left the team.

Is F1's political feud back on?

Just when Formula 1’s civil war appeared to be over, the FIA and FOTA started rattling their sabres again this week and threw the sport’s future into renewed doubt.

But after talking to some of the key players at the Nurburgring on Thursday, itv.com/f1 columnist James Allen says things are not quite as dramatic as they seem, and a long-term solution is within reach.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No reason given for Geoff Wills` exit. Quite strange, job/position had become redundant He designed the BAR car of 2004 when they had their best season. Adrian Newey needs someone to work with him, more like oversee operations because, Newey has a habit of going crazy some times especially when he is working for a team with a big budget. He tries too many things, too many innovations and gets lost along the way.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the results of German GP Practice Session 1

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -965702

Hamilton: Nothing wrong with a bit of fun

Lewis Hamilton would love to see Formula One return to the good old days of being formula fun.

Whitmarsh ponders 'doing a Honda'

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh has given his clearest hint yet that the team is preparing to write-off the rest of 2009 in order 'to do a Honda' and concentrate all their resources towards next season.

Jense predicts a two-pronged Red Bull attack

Jenson Button is wary of a two-pronged Red Bull assault on his bid to return to winning ways in Germany this weekend.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the German GP Practice Session 2 results

Name:  german_gp_practice_session2_ME8_PakWheels(com).jpg
Views: 29
Size:  371.5 KB
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think both sessions were wet/dry. The second session had a light drizzle in the middle and with changeable conditions it's pretty difficult to know where teams stand. Brawn GP looked better than it had at Silverstone despite the cold conditions. The track suits Brawn GP more and even with cooler conditions they ran Red Bull pretty close, well at least Button did. Rubens and his engineer didn't have a clue why they were slow. When Rubens complained of lack of front end grip his engineer replied, " carry on with this run, we don't know if it's the low track temperature causing the problem or if we need more front end mechanical grip" Hardly words one wants to hear when things are not going well.

@genius83

Having thought about your question, i recall the 1995 European GP, at Nurburgring, as it was known at that time, the first time F1 returned to this new Nurburgring, it was run in extremely cold conditions. I think the GP was held somewhere in October, not sure about the date. Anyway that's the coldest GP i can remember. It was a wet/dry race and one of Schumacher's stand out races although Jean Alesi gifted him the win in many ways towards the end but i remember Damon Hill going off and crashing into the tire barrier and recall all the water that had frozen being thrown up and icicles on tire walls. That's the closest i can remember seeing snow/ice/hail on or close to the track.

Closed Thread
Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

User Tag List