3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen frustrated by problems

Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen was disappointed to suffer his third mechanically-induced retirement of the season at the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

Brawn diplomacy masterclass over Rubens rant

In an outstanding display of diplomacy and team management, Ross Brawn has dampened down the furore over Rubens Barrichello's rant against the team following the German GP.

Barrichello's future at Brawn already in doubt

Team bosses past and present have questioned whether Rubens Barrichello will continue as a Brawn driver after his astonishing outburst against the team following the German GP.

Sutil & Kimi refuse to play the blame game

Both Kimi Raikkonen and Adrian Sutil are refusing to blame each other for their coming together at the German GP.

No action on Raikkonen/Sutil incident

The clash between Kimi Raikkonen and Adrian Sutil in the German Grand Prix was deemed a racing incident by the stewards on Sunday evening, meaning neither driver faced any sanction from the governing body.

@raptor21

Why you are blaming Kimi for this incident it's not like he was touching Sutil in the pit lane like the reigning champion had done last season. Neither he is cutting the chicane like Sutil did in Barcelona where he ends up straight in the car of Trulli and still get out without penalty.

Sensible approach by the stewards to not penalise any one for this incident otherwise they have a very good reason for doing that.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alguersuari gets nod for Hungary debut

Jaime Alguersuari will become the youngest Formula 1 driver in history when he makes his debut for the Scuderia Toro Rosso team as replacement for Sebastien Bourdais at the Hungarian Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT has learned.

Following a weekend of speculation about Bourdais' future, on the back of a disappointing first half to the campaign, Toro Rosso is expected to confirm within the next 48 hours that it has decided to part company with the Frenchman.

And although the team has decided that reigning British F3 champion Alguersuari will be slotted into the seat alongside Sebastien Buemi.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - - space

table cellpadding=0" cellspacing=0" width=100%"
    tbody

table cellpadding=0" cellspacing=0" width=100%"
    tbody

/tbody
    /table

/tbody
    /table
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ecclestone vows to sort F1 in 48 hours

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has said that he is going nowhere - as he quashed rumours on Monday that he was getting sidelined and instead vowed to sort out the sport's future in the next 48 hours.

Jones says Webber title not probable

Former world champion Alan Jones believes Mark Webber is unlikely to win this year's title, but the Red Bull Racing driver will be one of the favourites for 2010.

Honda chief says F1 not attractive

Formula 1 is not appealing anymore for Japanese manufacturer Honda, according to the company's new chief executive.

Horner praises Webber's determination

Team boss Christian Horner is full of praise for Mark Webber's tenacity after the Aussie came back from a horrific injury to clinch his first F1 win in Germany.

Ferrari set to switch focus to 2010

Ferrari thinks it will be a matter of days before it freezes development of its current F60 and shifts all its focus onto ensuring that its 2010 car can fight for the world championship.

Button frustrated with German result

Jenson Button was left bristling with frustration following a day of struggle in Germany.

German GP: Winners and Losers

Mark Webber has finally done it. No Bloody kids to wreck his race, no Safety Cars, no rain showers, just a small drive -through penalty and before you know it, there's that top step...

@UK

Remember we have some discussion about the point system before the season start and I gave a suggestion of new point system, also manipulate some previous season's results. Beglar, asked me to use that system this season and I promise that I would so as we achieved the halfway mark this season from Hungaroring onwards I will post the points scored based on my point system.

Now some thing funny about the starsports coverage this weekend well in the Q3 it takes about 4 mins to set the first flying lap and the time was posted by Rubens. The commentary was something like "I am pretty sure that this will be the P1 for Rubens and yes he did it." by Steve Slater. Also during the Q3 Ferrai just give us another thing to laugh they were about to sent Massa out on the track when the radio message aired that they have put the wrong tyres on the car and they have to put the right tyres back on the car.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

No i am not blaming him for the incident, I was being sarcastic. I mean look at it the only remarkable thing from Kimis perspective was this incident and then obviously he had some mechanical issues and unfortunately it was a second time he was involved in a crash with Sutil when Sutil was actually doing good.

PS: Waisay, should'nt the driver coming out of the pits have the right of way?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Driver coming out of pits is getting to the desired speed gradually while driver coming from the start finish is carrying much more speed so he should have the right to take the corner first and thatswhy there is blue lights flashing in the pitlanes to inform the drivers in the pits faster cars approaching. Now one more such incident happens last year at Fuji where Bourdais was penalise for doing what Sutil did. Bourdais was coming out of pitlane while Massa was coming on the racing line Bourdais tries to defend his line and Massa tries not to make contact as a result Massa spins and Bourdais penalise for defending his line. Now in this Sutil/Kimi incident Sutil tries to defend his line while Kimi was coming back onto the circuit and thatswhy contact happens damaging Sutil's front wing. As for your question the only way driver coming out of pits could take the right of way if he tries to do the short turn at about the pitlane speed limit which drivers dont do.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It looks more and more, like the way to win in modern day F1 is to have a clear team leader and an average driver next to him who can pick up useful points, the odd win when the team leader hits trouble. Looking at the grid, I can't think of a driver other than maybe Glock who would be a good foil for Alonso. Kubica has Heidfeld, Hamilton has Heikki, Button has Rubens ( LOL though he would have us believe otherwise ) Raikkonen was supposed to have Massa and Alonso has Piquet Jr.

I agree with raptor21, in that Ferrari wanted to have Alonso for 2011, but the way Raikkonen has gone in '07, `08 and in `09, has made them re-think. Raikkonen was not hired to make big bucks and win the title once when it was handed to him by Mclaren and the daddy of all chokers, Hamilton. Having said that, the ball is pretty much in Alonso's court as he will be the one deciding whether he joins Ferrari next season or waits one more year. Renault will be a god car next season, Alonso knows the people in the team, he has won with them in the past and turned around a pretty bad season, `08. Next year a driver like him will be worth more than his weight in gold. With Fuel ban coming into force, a tactician like him will be a dream to have. Fuel loads going down and those who look after their tires before their mandatory pitstop will make huge gains if they have the race craft this man posses .

If i recall correctly, Massa was on track at Fuji when he had a coming together with Bourdais, and poor Bourdais got a penalty for no reason. In Raikkonen's case, he went wide, going off track and then returned to make contact with Sutil. Anyway, i think it was a racing accident just like i think Webber was given a very harsh penalty. There are obvious advantages if you happen to be driving a red car

@genius83

I look forward to your calculations based on your system but if i recall correctly wasn't your system in favour of allowing the top few drivers to fight for the title in the second half of the season?

I owe you big time, man. I have stopped watching races on TV and watch them on my computer now thanks to the link you gave plus there is justin.tv. I get the BBC coverage, if not that then speed tv and when that is not available i tune into the Spanis/Italian whatever is available. For me even that, a language i don't understand is better than Steve Slater. At least there are no commercial breaks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whilst on the topic of Webber and Rubens at the start or Raikkonen and Sutil. Tell me anyone, how does this clip look? Did Webber do anything more dangerous given that Rubens stuck to his line and did not move an inch to avoid that collision, if it can be called that. How do you give Montoya a penalty for this incident! He has better acceleration, has the correct line going into the corner and leaves enough room for the car on the inside, that car under steers into Montoya's Williams and woooh hooo! Montoya is given a drive through penalty. How?? The good old days of maFIA or FIA, Ferrari International Assistence.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well yes you are right about that my point system helped only the top 5 finishers of any GP and allows the top few drivers to fight for the title. But this is necessary to avod situation that happens last season where Hamilton overtakes Glock in the last lap to get just one more point and win the title from Massa or what could happens in the season'07 where if Alonso or Hamilton could just overtake a single driver and win the title from Kimi. This system will not hurt any driver's performance at all in any GP. After half season it is most likely confirmed that which of the drivers are the contenders for the title. Just look at this year the title will be fought between RedBull's drivers and Brawn's drivers. Now imagine if results like last two GP's occured in the future then what will happen. Also remember it is only a simulation of a system and I am doing it for one purose and that is if by chance any international F1 analyst see this he could understand that and push it in the media so that FIA or FOTA could take a clue from it.

Talking of Montoya's penalty remember when he have an almost same experience with Kimi he was like ##!@#$!$$$@!#$%%%^##%%
    Kimi
    #@##$%^^ on the radio. On the planet f1's winners and losers they have raised a good point that what if Rubens lost control and hit the barrier and came back on track the result could be catastrophic as all the other cars in panic to avoid the debris could end up into each other. Also Webber is the director of GPDA he is the one who was asking everyone in Sepang about how they feel about a restart under diminishing light and here he is the one about to make a blunder although he said in the press conference that Rubens was in his blind spot and it was a racing error but the penalty was already been imposed. Also look at the bright side this penalty will make his win a more memorable one. Also to point out this is the first race where I see Vettel trying to make some overtaking moves although not successful as his attempts were against Massa's KERS car.

This clip shows the same thing that it was a racing incident Michal was trying to go in the inside line while Montoya was defending it and the penalty was harsh.

Button: Red Bull giving Brawn cause for concern

Jenson Button is praying his Brawn GP car will be quick in Hungary next week, admitting "a problem" is emerging in the shape of the Red Bull team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Montoya penalty was ridiculous. Schumacher was clearly at fault.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alguersuari: Seb didn't give it his all

Not content with reportedly taking Sebastien Bourdais's race-seat, Jaime Alguersuari has hit out at the Frenchman, saying it's his own fault.

Barrichello over German GP anger

Rubens Barrichello says he is now over his anger that erupted at the German Grand Prix - after realising that his Brawn team did not cost him the chance of victory.

Citroen: No mid-season F1 drive for Loeb

Citroen have poured cold water over reports that Sebastien Loeb could replace Seb Bourdais at Toro Rosso, saying their World Rally Champ will not be switching to F1 mid-season.

Schumi denies he's off to Brawn GP

Michael Schumacher has denied he's on his way to Brawn GP to take up a senior role within Ross Brawn's outfit.

Piquet's future remains uncertain

Nelson Piquet's future with Renault remains uncertain after team boss Flavio Briatore said he could not confirm who would be driving his second car at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

German GP in doubt for 2010 season

The German Grand Prix's place on the 2010 Formula 1 calendar has been thrown into doubt after the Nurburgring said it would not step into the breach if Hockenheim cannot hold the event.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Shouldn't you have done your calculations after the German GP? I think that is the halfway point in the season. So, again if we start the same debate, by your formula, Alonso last year could not have fought for the title because his car was not good enough for the first half of the season. If that's how it goes then don't you think teams who suffer in the first half of the season will give up on developing their cars after four or five rounds of the championship because they will know their drivers will not be in the title fight. This idea of yours seems quite similar to how NASCAR operates with their system to get points from races to get into the chase. Has the inspiration come from there?

The Montoya incident you are talking about is, I think from Spa, where Raikkonen was cruising on his in lap and on the racing line near the bus stop chicane and compromised Montoya's flying lap. I think it was from the good old days of four sets of tires per car, twelve laps maximum and one hour of qualifying. Raikkonen destroyed Montoya's flying lap and with Spa having the longest lap it's but natural to say what he did.

As for Webber, i don't care much about the guy as i don't care much about Vettel, but to say that he is the president of GPDA and thus should have different standards, well i don't want to open a can of worms by pointing out who sat on the GPDA in the past and what they did on track. The famous case being, asking everyone in the pre race meeting to promise not to go too fast into the chicane at Monza at the start of the race and avoid an accident as a marshal had died the previous year at the track and then to be the first driver to reach the chicane, all wheels smoking and looked under breaking and having to straight line the chicane to avoid a major accident. F1 must have, must have full time race stewards and someone who has some experience racing at the highest level. To say the win will be more memorable because of the penalty sounds good right now because he won, had Heikki and Massa not held up the pack, this win would have been no where.

Lastly about Barrichello supposedly being hit and him going into the wall and rebounding onto the track. That is a far fetched theory if i ever heard one. I think he was far far away from the wall and maybe at the time of impact had even crossed the point where the wall ends. Even if he didn't, it's a tough and dangerous sport. People get hurt, people die in this sport. If some one is so worried about safety to such an extent, i would suggest playing something else like darts or cards at home.

The Schumacher story is quite funny, linking him to a role at Brawn GP. Successful sportsmen don't usually make successful bosses. The only way he would end up there is if Schumacher is stupid enough to buy a share into the team and Schumacher is anythin g but stupid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Is it not amazing that my most ideas are looked like inspired by a series of racing which I don't follow and this certainly proves that my ideas are applicable. Well if you wish I could do it for the German GP but I think as this season have 17 races and the halfway point for 17 is 8.5 which is not possible to apply so I go with the mathematics whole number rule where for dividing the odd whole number in whole numbers you have to give the first one extra point that is 17 will be divided in 9 and 8. Also just a thought do you really thinks Alonso was able to go for the title with those 2 wins I don't think Alonso could even considering he is the best at this point of time in F1 he can't wins the title with only two wins. Remember that season sparks by the last 1/3 because of 4 drivers winning last six GPs starting from Spa ending at Interlagos. Just a question about this season do you think that Jamie will debut for STR in Hungary when STR have their DD and other updates to their cars and if by sheer luck he wins all the remaining GPs have the chance of winning the WDC title.

As for Webber, I know about whom you are saying that being a GPDA president what he did was wrong and that is not setting a good example at all. If you wish that the sport becomes safer then you have to act accordingly to your wish and what you are tutoring to others. I have thought about this many times Gilles and Ayrton both have said that they are not afraid of death during a race but both have raised concerns regarding their respective years regulations(i.e. Gilles was unhappy about the qualifying tires rule and Ayrton was unhappy about Driver aid equipment banned), and they both dies in almost the same manner about which they have raised concerns. Irony isn't it? I don't think so.

On the sidenote even playing cards or darts would be used as a killing weapon in the hands of Ninjas, Samurai's.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was using Alonso's performance last year as an example. He was so far behind that it was not mathematically possible but if your scoring system was in place, he would not have won a single race because Renault would have given up on developing their car. He was the driver who scored the maximum number of points of any driver in the last six or seven races of the season. My point being that it made for good racing, whether Alonso or someone else.

As for Jamie, mathematically he can win the title, no? Okay so it's not going to happen, but if you look at the points right now, mathematically he can win the title if both Brawn GP and RedBull have double DNF's for the rest of the season.

No one is against safety in F1, and I am sure neither Gilles nor Senna wanted to die racing. One can't have enough safety in a sport as dangerous as motor racing but to use the " safety" aspect to justify Webber's penalty is not fair. Championships in the past have been decided by stewards giving silly decisions like this. Suzuka `97 and Indy `03 come to mind right away. The Penalty given to Vettel after Oz this year is similarly stupid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Why they abandon their development program specially knowing the fact that their best driver's contract based on car's performance. Even this season they will not drop their development program until Monza and if the rumours becomes reality then they certainly will drop their efforts for this season and start working full time on the next season's car. As for Jamie I only used it as a reference just to say that if he wins a single race in last half of this season he will get his full points. One more thing the hind sight of doing such kinds of simulation is that the person who do this knows all about what he wants to achieve but those who are been under observation during the process does not knows that. Alonso is the best driver on the grid at the moment because he wants to score points even in a mediocre car and thats what I think he did in his rookie year at Minardi. As for Jamie winning the WDC by having double DNF's for both the title contending teams is not impossible because FIA could do wonders. Imagine FIA banned RedBulls for using push rod suspension and Brawns for favouring one driver over another. It could happen.

Now something from F1 1982 season

dldtSporting Regulations/dt/dl

The new rules for the season included an increase in the number of cars permitted to enter a Grand Prix from 30 to 34, and the number of starters from 24 to 26. To avoid having all 34 cars on the track at one time, a pre-qualifying session was introduced in which the three teams with the poorest record in the previous year would compete to be allowed into qualification proper. Three companies, Goodyear, Michelin and Avon supplied tyres, including special qualifying tyres, which provided much increased levels of grip during the qualification sessions that determined the starting order for the race.

For the first time the number of tyres permitted for qualification was limited, creating a situation which Villeneuve thought

"...unnecessarily dangerous. If I have only two chances to set a time, I need a clear track, OK? If it isn't clear, if there's someone in my way, I just have to hope he's looking in his mirrors — I mean, I can't lift, because this is my last chance."

And now from 1994 season

Technical changes

In order to combat the spiralling costs of running a Formula One team, and to counteract criticism that over-reliance on technology was reducing the drivers to a secondary role, sweeping rule changes were introduced for 1994, most notably banning of all electronic "driver aids" such as active suspension, anti-lock brakes, traction control and launch control.

Ayrton Senna was among several observers who said that, with such features removed but no attempt to curtail the speed of the cars, 1994 would be "a season with a lot of accidents".

1994 also saw the reintroduction of refuelling during the race for the first time since 1983, and after Ayrton Senna's crash at Imola a 10mm wooden plank was affixed to the underside of every car to prevent ground-effect advantages. Wear was permitted on the plank up to 1mm by the end of the race.

Senna's Quote:

Senna spoke of Formula 1 saying "you are always exposed to danger, danger of getting hurt, danger of dying. This is your life, and you either approach it in a, in a professional, in a cool manner or you just drop it, leave it alone and don't do it anymore. And I happen to like too much what I do to just drop it, I can't drop it".sup/sup

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley won't seek re-election

Max Mosley has confirmed he will not be standing for re-election as FIA president later this year, proposing former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt as his successor.

Ecclestone criticised by CVC board

Bernie Ecclestone's controversial comments on Adolf Hitler have been criticised by CVC Capital Partners board member Sir Martin Sorrell.

Whitmarsh backing Vatanen for FIA post

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has backed Ari Vatanen in his bid to succeed Max Mosley as FIA president.

Mosley backs Todt for FIA presidency

FIA president Max Mosley has confirmed that he will definitely not stand again in October's election and has endorsed Jean Todt as his preferred candidate.

Raikkonen eyes podium in Hungary

Kimi Raikkonen is hopeful of challenging for his second podium finish of the season in next week's Hungarian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Michael: Williams form due to new rules

Williams technical director Sam Michael believes the team owes its new-found consistency to the fresh start offered by the 2009 Formula 1 technical regulations.

Webber set to get new Red Bull deal

Mark Webber is set to be handed a fresh deal to stay with Red Bull Racing in 2010, with his team confirming that it plans to open contract talks with the Australian imminently.

McLaren eyeing victory in Hungary

McLaren thinks it will have a car capable of going for victory at the Hungarian Grand Prix thanks to the major step forward it made in Germany last weekend.

Teams move closer to new F1 deal

Formula 1 teams moved closer to a deal to secure the future of the sport in a meeting in Geneva on Wednesday, even though a final financial document to tie them together was not signed off.

Todt will stand for FIA presidency

Former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt has confirmed that he will stand for the presidency of the FIA later this year.

Todt aims to improve FIA effectiveness

Jean Todt has says he will move to strengthen the 'independence and effectiveness' of the FIA if he is elected as president in October's elections.

Vatanen: Choosing Todt keeps the Mosley era alive

Despite insisting he will not start a campaign of "mudslinging" and "dirt-throwing", Ari Vatanen says choosing Jean Todt for the FIA presidency will not herald the changes required.

More surgery for Webber

Formula One's newest race winner, Mark Webber, will undergo further surgery on his right leg in the wake of next weekend's Hungarian GP.

Kimi: I think I'm cursed

Kimi Raikkonen is starting to believe he may be cursed after once again retiring from a grand prix in Germany.

DC: I did stop at the right time

David Coulthard insists he did quit Formula One at the right time, despite earlier comments suggesting he felt that he could have raced for another season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toro Rosso confirms Bourdais' exit

Scuderia Toro Rosso has officially confirmed that Sebastien Bourdais will leave the team with immediate effect and will not be racing at the Hungarian Grand Prix next week.

Team boss Franz Tost said the relationship had not produced the results the team expected, and thus the four-time Champ Car champion will be replaced.

"In Sebastien's second year with us, the partnership has not met our expectations and therefore we have decided to replace him as from the next round of the world championship, the Hungarian Grand Prix," said Tost.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finally "the Toad" has announced what many knew all along. Having him as the head of FIA will be another disaster, if not immediately, it will be one in the making. Plus getting the backing and blessings of Max Mosley for the job is not what he should have been looking for. His long association with Ferrari, those dark years and title show downs with Williams, Mclaren and Renault, will not have been forgotten by the respective teams and how they ( Ferrari headed by the Toad ) bent and changed rules to win. He was head of Ferrari when they signed the infamous contract giving the team a " veto" over any rules framed. He would be a disaster. Ari Vatanen is right, Toad's selection would be in many ways a continuation of the Mosley era. I personally would have little to complain about as Alonso would be heading to the team most favoured by FIA and the Toad, but it's time to get rid of Mosley and those associated with him, clean the house and make a fresh start. FOTA teams can't do much about it, but i doubt Toad will find any support from them.

On the driver front, sad to see Bourdais leave. Having seen him in Champ car racing and how dominant he was, maybe it is a reflection of how poor the standards are in Champ car racing and IRL. DC should make up his mind, oh well never mind.

Raikkonen should thank his lucky stars, he is one blessed human being though questions have been raised about him being human. He gets to do what he loves, driving fast cars and gets paid for it. Not many in this world get that opportunity. Without it, he would have been one of the many drunkards laying around on the streets. Someone tell him about Chris Amon. It was famously said about his luck or rather lack of it that " If Chris Amon became a funeral director, people would stop dying"

@genius83

My genius friend, i was always hopeless at maths. I skipped class 8th's maths and never got the hang of it again. So whatever you were trying to explain to me went over my head about adding 1 to which ever number etc All i was trying to say is that we have crossed the half way point this season i think, nine out of seventeen races.

As for contracts and cars being developed, that is just Alonso's contract for now. You think his contract with Ferrari will be identical? No! Nor is Hamilton's contract at Mclaren or Kubica's contract at BMW or Vettel's at RedBull. So, yes, the teams will stop developing their cars as soon as they realize they are no longer in the title hunt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

When I was talking about the driver's contract I also was referring to Renault. I think Alonso's Ferrari contract will have a clause saying that Alonso have the veto power to use if the team hire another driver who could challenge him and engage him in a team battle instead of providing support to increase his chances of WDC winning. Remember one driver in the history have this clause in his contract and against whom he used it.

What if Jean Todt used his FIA powers against Ferrari what could happen then.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am pretty sure Schumacher had the same contract with a veto. His was a more general one compared to what Prost had in his contract.

Alonso's contract will not have anything of the sort. If he wanted, he would have dictated the same terms to Mclaren before he signed for them. After all, he was the reigning double world champion at the time when he moved to Mclaren and the only world champion on the grid. He had not had his battle with Hamilton at that time, so the British media loved him too.

Jean Todt aka Toad will not and cannot use his powers against Ferrari, remember the Ferrari veto he signed himself?

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

User Tag List