3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Valencia ticket sales boosted by Schumi return

The return of Michael Schumacher has led to an increase in ticket sales for the European Grand Prix at Valencia.

Karthikeyan remains hopeful over F1 return

Narain Karthikeyan hopes the addition of three new teams to Formula One in 2010 will boost his chances of returning to the sport.

Talk about stupid ideas this is the most stupid idea. Spa sharing grandprix with Nurburgring. I have a question Bernie are you in your senses.

Spa to share Grand Prix date with Nurburgring?

Bernie Ecclestone hinted to Switzerland's Motorsport Aktuell magazine on Tuesday that Spa Francorchamps may soon share its annual Formula One hosting rights with another venue.

World Rally calls for more F1 drivers

World Rally Championship promoter Simon Long wants to see more drivers crossing over from Formula 1 in the wake of the major impact Kimi Raikkonen made on last week's Rally Finland.

Campos denies struggle to launch F1 team

Adrian Campos has rejected rumours his Campos-Meta team may not make its Formula One debut as scheduled in 2010.

Williams pleased with team's progress

Frank Williams has said he is impressed with the progress made by his team this year, but that it still has to take another step before it can win races.

@UK

As I have said in my previous post so here are the pros and cons of Michal's return at Valencia Friday Practice.

1) There is a myth about Michal that he is one of the best adopter of any new circuit, if he does well in Valencia on his outing this myth will solidifies otherwise broken if he will not be able to handle the car properly.

2) This will be the first time in his career when he will drive a car which is not been design according to his driving style and I am not counting his rookie years early 91 and 92.

3) If a rookie can go into a GP with out driving the f1 car around a circuit for even a single lap then Michal is a veteran and he certainly will do better then the rookie.

4) Michal will not loose anything at all if he don't do anything stupid(Hill 94', Villenevue 97 or Monaco 2006) but other drivers get something which they will proud off in the future.

5) Also his performance make both types of people something to cheer about those who are his fans will have good reasons for both his good or bad performance while his haters also have good reasons for his good or bad performance. So it is a win-win situation for both groups.

6) Michal is returning to help Ferrari develops next year car and his feedback will make the real difference. Expecting wins from Michal is far fetch thinking which may become true but a podium will be possible.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Horner expects more competition

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner believes that his team and Brawn GP, which have won nine out of 10 races this year, can expect to face increasing opposition for victories this season.

Todt unveils FIA election manifesto

FIA presidential candidate Jean Todt has released his election manifesto, promising to implement a full review in the way the FIA is managed, and to introduce commissioners to oversee major FIA-coordinated world championships.

FOTA hails new Concorde Agreement

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has hailed the sport's new Concorde Agreement after confirming that negotiations had concluded and that the document now contained signatures of all the teams entered for 2010.

Doubts linger over Schumacher fitness

Michael Schumacher's return to Formula 1 in Valencia later this month remains subject to a medical clearance after his spokeswoman Sabine Kehm revealed that concerns linger over the strength of his neck.

Whitmarsh: McLaren developing for 2010

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has vowed that the team will keep developing the MP4/24 following Lewis Hamilton's breakthrough victory in the recent Hungarian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

You make a valid argument and maybe a lot of people will do exactly that, but i feel it is unfair on Schumacher. He has not driven an F1 car regularly since 2006, and there is nothing that can prepare you for that challenge no matter what amount of training you do. In addition, he has been carrying this neck injury for quite some time and the guy is 40! The time to beat him was when he was in F1, and he was beaten, contrary to hilarious things one gets to read about him driving inferior cars which wasn't really the case.

He should be given at least two races to get used to the car before judging him. It is not a front running car as the ones Schumacher has been used to pretty much all his career. Ferrari made a huge jump at the Nurburgring and closed the gap on the front runners, Valencia should suit their car, and Spa is a track where Schumacher has always gone well. Whatever he does now in F1 should not be a reflection in any way on what he has achieved in F1. I would have preferred to remember him as the driver he was when he left F1 and not see him coming back at 40 when the possibility of making a total *** of himself is quite high. Racing twenty year old kids and a blindingly fast team mate, something he never did even at the peak of his career. To those who would make fun of him if he is not competitive, all i can say is grow up. I am not a Schumacher fan, i never was and never will be but there is no denying his greatness. Little punks like Hamilton or a wannabe Schumacher, like Vettel, can`t hold a candle to him and in his prime he would have run rings around them.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BMW fails to find team buyer in time

The BMW Sauber team has announced it was unable to sign the new Concorde Agreement after failing to reach a deal in time with a possible buyer.

Burti calls for stronger helmet visors

Former Formula 1 driver Luciano Burti has called for the FIA to focus on strengthening helmet visor fittings as it investigates driver safety in the wake of Felipe Massa's and Henry Surtees' recent accidents.

Sauber: BMW demands were too high

Peter Sauber has blamed BMW's demands for the failure of his negotiations to complete a takeover of the team.

Brawn not ruling out Schumacher win

Ross Brawn says he is convinced Michael Schumacher could win a race this season if the Ferrari is competitive enough.

@UK

This argument is being present on PlanetF1 forum since Michal has announced his returns. No, I don't think anything is unfair with Michal because he is a veteran and do knows how to drive and I could assure you that by Friday Practice 2 of Valencia He will be upto the pace which is required to get to Q3 in qualifying.

I want your opinion about Bernie's Spa rotation idea and also what you think of Jean Todt's election manifesto.

Also Yahoo have added Michal and Jaime's name in the A and B categories of the league respectively.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UncleKracker

Your replies really make me crack up....literally! You see in Schumacher loses 1 race out of 10 you cant really hold that against him. You have to take in account the fact that he won 9 races out of 10!

and guess what? Lets just ignore the season 2004 when he literally raped every team. Lets just ignore the 2003-2005 seasons and lets go back to 1998-2001 and before that.

It is a undisputed fact that rivalry of Mika Hakkinen and Schumacher was the greatest one which F1 witnessed and both Hakkinen and Schumacher say that 98-01 were the best races of their lives! I strongly suggest you take a look at those races and THEN compare great drivers like Schumacher and Hakkinen with little punks like Hamilton and Vettel and what not.

Let me clear here that I am not doubting the capability of Hamilton or Vettel or the likes. They are good but they are not great!

I can go on and on and point about various wins of Schumacher (in a much slower car) even during the end of his career but to sum it up all I would say is that the records speak up! the public speaks up! We will talk about Hamilton becoming the next Schumacher when he has 150 wins under his belt.....Till then period!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani whatever

Dude! your very elaborate reply does not even merit an answer from me because i strongly suggest you first take English lessons so as to understand what i said before saying anything. We can talk F1 after that if i have nothing better to do in life.

If something is beyond your comprehension, don't feel shy to ask.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani

First talking to a senior person you should act like a sensible person too. Second Uncle is not some young teenage kid he is a mature gentleman who have some great info about F1 also in no way he has said that Michal would lost to these new young drivers when Michal was in his prime but now is a total different story the cars are different then what Michal have driven last time, there are some new circuits on which Michal have not driven so odds are against him and just understand one thing Michal only returns because he likes challenges and this is one of the biggest challenge he have taken.

As for the Michal Hakkinen rivalary yes it is one of the great rivalary F1 ever had but it is not relevant with the ongoing discussion so leave it outside of the discussion.

When you reply please remain in senses.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Don't be so sure about reaching Q3 because nine of the ten spots are pretty much taken if the Brawns are up to speed. Reaching Q3 is not the main worry, it's how he goes towards the end of the race which would be a cause of concern for him, his team and others.

Bernie keeps coming up with novel ideas, i must say. Granted the economic situation is not great and he wants to make sure there is either a German GP or one very close to it, Belgium, all because of Vettel i am sure but to substitute a track like Spa for something like the new Nurburgring I like Todt's manifesto but this is something Mosley had promised too when he was running for the office and look how it ended up. Hopefully, Todt would stick to what he promises.

So, is Piquet Sr buying a share in the Sauber BMW team to help his son?

I haven't checked the yahoo page. Has Schumacher been given Massa's left over races or four new ones? Hopefully it would be four new ones because the A list is hopeless right now. Oh man, i just looked at it and realised that i am shafted! Those who used Massa before his accident are in the box seat as they now get to have another Ferrari driver for four races. Damn! lefty has struck. I think he had used Massa the most and now he will use Schumacher.

p.s Let em talk man, told you some time back they would appear

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well the last spot will be booked by Michal that is for sure. According to Michal's fans.

Piquet Snr now has to buy the team on his own or by involving some Brazilian businessman because Peter Sauber has drop the idea of buying the team back as BMW is asking way too much for the team.

Yes, lefty has certainly strucks and all those who have used Massa most will be benefitted.

We are still lucky that this topic is not invaded by the Michal's fans as was suspected because someone have created a seperate topic of Michal's return news in General Auto forum and most of them have posted there.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Don't know who would back Piquet's future F1 involvement. Times are tough, Brazilian sponsors will shy away not only because of that, but also the fact that Massa, another Brazilian, is in F1 and driving a Ferrari. In his presence another Brazilian is very unlikely to shine unless he is very special, which Jr is not. So, daddy will either have to spend his own money or find another series where his son can race because F1 teams won't be interested in him. Maybe he can find a seat with one of the new teams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Montoya: Frank Williams called but...

Juan Pablo Montoya recently received a "very special" phone call from Frank Williams - but that doesn't mean he's returning to F1.

Lauda: Schumacher regretted quitting F1

Former world champion Niki Lauda believes Michael Schumacher regretted retiring from Formula 1 racing at the end of the 2006 season.

US F1 says working within timeframe

Team US F1 boss Peter Windsor says the American squad is working well within its timeframe to be ready for the start of the 2010 season.

Hill 'anxious' over Donington plans

British Racing Drivers' Club president Damon Hill says he's anxiously watching the progress of Donington, as he still thinks there are doubts the circuit will be ready to host next year's British Grand Prix.

Karting action for Michael Schumacher

His test in a 2009 Ferrari F60 blocked, Michael Schumacher instead turned to an Italian karting circuit to continue his preparation for his Formula One comeback.

Bourdais reaches settlement with Toro Rosso

Axed Toro Rosso racer Sebastien Bourdais will not issue legal proceedings against the Red Bull-owned team.

US F1 turns down pay-driver offers

US F1 has turned down the opportunity to sign lucrative deals with pay-drivers for its Formula One championship debut next year.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA re-opens team selection process

The FIA has re-opened the selection procedure for the final place on the 2010 Formula 1 World Championship entry list, in the wake of BMW's announcement that it is withdrawing from the sport at the end of the year.

Patrick 'too big' for a USF1 drive

Danica Patrick has effectively been ruled out of a drive in Formula One for next season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lauda needs his head examined. Schumacher quit because he could not see a challenge! For a man who had won so regularly, and then being beaten for two straight years, especially his last season when he clearly had the better car in the second half of the season was not a good enough challenge to continue for at least one more season and go out on top, as a champion? The fact of the matter is, Schumacher was told in no uncertain terms that Raikkonen was coming to Ferrari for `07, whether he liked it or not and was asked to make up his mind by the Italian GP. He was pushed to make that decision. He might have regretted the decision to quit F1, but it was not because there was no challenge. Another challenge would have been to take on Raikkonen and see how he goes against him as a team mate. Ironically that was the reason he quit F1. He doesn't like fast team mates, he never did, and Raikkonen was not going to be a number two at Ferrari.

FIA re-opening team selection process, thought BMW will try and get a buyer and there will be no need to look for another team because they have the facilities in place and would be tempting for a potential buyer, compared to one who comes in so late in the season and get everything in place in the next six odd months.

Danica Patrick is such a huge loss for F1, LOL! Oh yes, she is too big for F1, so big that almost all are happy not to have her in F1 apart from the clowns running F1, who know her presence would boost sales and viewer ship of their circus. One of their drivers might be Scot Speed, the team will need at least one driver from North America and a race in the US to attract sponsors.

So, Robert Kubica to Renault for 2010. That being the case, i hope Alonso's almost certain move to Ferrari for 2010 does not go through. Will rules stability for next season, Renault will be a competitive car. It would be good to see two top drivers in the same team which will make for exciting racing. Meanwhile it seems that Trulli's time in F1 is coming to an end along with Fisichella. Heidfeld is rumoured to be going to Toyota to join Glock in an all German pairing. Again a very strange decision by Toyota, i must say. To be successful, they need a top driver and Kubica being available, i`d have thought they would out bid Renault for his services. Kubica will be the team leader at Toyota, something he will not be at Renault.

p.s. genius83, where have all the barsati you know who disappeared? I am talking about the ones who popped in with one reply. Maybe waiting for the race and see how it goes before they infect this place.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

I was also thinking about those Barsati fans and the probability that what could happen after the European GP on this forum. So here is a suggestion we should ask the admins to only allow those fans who have posted in this topic more then 3 or 4 times or who are regulars in the previous 3 years discussion to save this topic from going overflow from emotional and useless discussion but then it is most likely not possible so we have to wait and see what happens to this topic after the race.

Well I don't know how big she is but she is certainly bigger then the biggest trophy I have ever seen. Here is the proof

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -977040

Kubica to Renault alongside Alonso, Rosberg to Mclaren alongside Hamilton, Montoya returns for Williams, Vettel and Webber for RedBull, Bruno Senna to Brawn alongside Button, Michal(because Massa will not able to get back to racing after the Trauma of his accident) and Kimi for Ferrari or Michal and Massa(as Kimi retires from F1 after this season ends). Wow this is the top 11 drivers in top 6 teams for the next season.

What if any new team buy the BMW Sauber facility and make it their base is it possible or not because teams that wants to re-submit the application are Epsilon Euskadi and Prodrive may be one two more teams also emerged as the process goes on before the final announcement being made. Well what ever happens it will be sad to see Peter Sauber's hardwork of setting up a advance facility like that going down and just because the nowadays owner doesnot want to give it back to the person who built it.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rename the thread to UK and G83 thread only (6)
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^

LOL! No, it should be renamed Michael Schumacher and Ferrari thread like it used to be in the years gone by.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How Mclaren Turned the MP4-24 into a Winner

No one needed this win more than me,” said McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh in the immediate aftermath of the win in Budapest.

We were standing in the McLaren motorhome, with Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’ pumping out of the stereo. A pressure release valve had popped off and the team was in the mood for celebration.

The team has changed a lot in tone since Whitmarsh took over. There is always a cool playlist on the go whenever you go into their hospitality area, concocted by music loving press officer Steve Cooper. The air of tension which always hung over the team when Dennis was around has palpably lifted, albeit there has been plenty of pressure on Whitmarsh personally this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol@boy

the way he is lookin at trophy
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mr so called genius

Can you point out where I can said Michael will win the races? Infact I dont even expect him to get any points in the first couple of races for obvious reasons which you and other people have put forward. The point I am trying to make is that you can not evaluate Schumacher on his first 5 comeback races and the compare him with other drivers. In order to do that you have to look at his whole career and then compare his career with the likes of Hamilton or Vettel or anyone you fancy.

And as far as talking with 'elders' or anyone is concerned, I dont give a flying ****! This is internet FFS....

@Mr. Crackhead

You have proved that you are a dipshit who obviously resorts to ranting when he has no arguments anymore. We will talk when you come back to your senses......oh I just forgot...that will never happen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani whatver

No need to try so hard to show us your up bringing. It's evident from the minute you write one line and must be the case when you open your mouth in real life.

Talk to you about? LOL!! Quite delusional, aren't you? " It is a undisputed fact that rivalry of Mika Hakkinen and Schumacher was the greatest one which F1 witnessed " That's all one needs to read from your post to know it's a waste of breath and time to talk F1 with your kind. Continue showing us your knowledge and amazing insight into F1. I am sure this place will be infected by many of your kind, and you will feel right at home with them.

As for me, you don't exist anymore after this reply.

p.s. Have a look at my signature, it's meant for people like you.

Closed Thread
Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

User Tag List