3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Watch this race I have seen many races but a safety car race amazing.

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83

McLaren flexible on short wheelbase

Both Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen will be given the option of racing with the shorter wheelbase McLaren in this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

(Y)(Y)

now thats good

because the difference between the laptimes of the shorter wheelbase MP4-24 and the longer wheelbase MP4-24 was like 2 tenths of a second.
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the Weather forecast for this weekend at Spa.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985050
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From what i have read, Ferrari are interested in Jules Bianchi, who is dominating the Euro F3 championship but more importantly he is managed by one Nicolas Todt, which can be of big help. Ferrari have ruled out hiring Bourdais or Piquet Jr, but it's a Ferrari which has gone back to it's Italian roots so anything can be expected from them. After all, who can they put in the car after they let Badoer drive it for two three races and get used to it. Aren't Ferrari fighting Williams for third in the constructors championship or the 13th nd 17th qualifying Toyotas? Is the great Raikkonen telling us that he can't fight a one man team, Williams and the rapidly falling behind Toyotas, in his Ferrari? Mclaren will struggle at Spa i think as they will at quite of the upcoming tracks unless i say again they have sorted out what was a fundamental aerodynamic problem with the car.

Racing a short wheel base car at Spa might not make that great a difference. It's very handy on a tight and twisty circuit but on the flowing corners or Spa, i don't know how much of a difference it can make. Unless the short wheel base car has sorted out their fundamental problem which i doubt. Spa will be a true reflection of Mclarens progress. Ferrari have stopped developing their car and are working on next years car while Mclaren, Brawn GP and Red Bull will continue to develop their cars. It will compromise Brawn GP because other teams are likely to catch and pass them next year as they don't have the resources to keep up with the car giants.

@genius833

Some fun and games in the video. Besides they do a few laps in the morning before the race to check all is working on the cars and ready for the race. Still a very interesting video. One is a medical car i think.

Beglar must have taken your chill pill. Hope he is doing well, poor guy. He`s had it really tough lately.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

genius83, i read on planet f1 article about team mate wars and luca badoer get 4 speeding fines and also a 5th fine when he is come in to see race incharge but they ignore that one. Ferrari have no back up driver then i think about your suggetin sato. what a wonderful idea he can hit mclaren and make them retire. But also another idea is why ferrari not race only with iceman? second car can stay in garage it is bringing shame to the team.

Weather prediction looks not so good for weekend. More rain means Kimi will struggle who will ferrari bring after luca badoer to reward? I am thinking Brawn GP cars are back on pace after seeing the last race. What you guys think?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glock worried by Toyota uncertainty

Timo Glock has admitted that he is concerned at not having completed a deal with Toyota for 2010.

@UK

Ferrari could bring any of the mentioned driver in the media that is Nico Hulkenberg, Sebestian Bourdais and Jules Bianchi. First 2 drivers have superlicense already while Bianchi could have it by winning F3 championship and it is likely just after Monza GP. The real problem is Ferrari already asked Badoer to up his efforts in Spa or in Monza there is a new driver to replace him. If Luca can't lift his efforts in Spa then the new driver will be there from Monza and that means Ferrari have used their alloted quota of 4 drivers allowed to take part in races then how they replace that driver with any other driver if that driver doesnot perform at all. Ferrari is not only fighting with Williams but with Mclarens to for 3rd spot in constructors championship and the way Mclarens have performed in last 2 races they are a much bigger threat then Williams where only one man show is going on with all the points are been scored by Nico Rosberg.

About the video yes the estate is the Medic car but look carefully they are showing lap times with car names that is Safety Car 2 and Medic Car 2 means Medic and Safety Car 1's have also done some lap times. Amazing thing to watch is how the safety car driver is doing cornering by sliding across the corners while medic car driver was doing the cornering without sliding.

@Shehryaar

The problem is they should have a solid reason to race with one car. According to the agreements between all the tracks and FOM there is a specified numbers of cars allowed to compete in the race for this season it is 20 cars. In Hungary Ferrari have entered the race with one car because of 2 reasons the major reason was their driver was injured and second if that incident occurs before qualifying they could replace Massa with Badoer or Gene but as Massa was able to qualify and it was not possible. Also what about the sponsorship money for the team and the broadcasting companies have also some issues which should be resolved before such a move.

Spa weather is always unpredictable and even the race day forecast is showing partly cloudy weather the chances of having few wet corners around the Pouhon and Blanchimont are still possible.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is a photo of old days Belgian GP 1965.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985351
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First some funtime so here are a race summary in cartoon's form for Germany and Hungary.

Germany 2009

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985353

Hungary 2009

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985354

Now here is an interview of Bruno Senna about the Yas Marina Abu Dhabi track taken by James Allen.

The inside line on new Abu Dhabi track with Bruno Senna

Bruno Senna has been in Abu Dhabi for the last two days, driving the new Yas Marina Circuit and meeting the people there.

Senna says he is more hopeful of getting an F1 seat next year as there are more opportunities than there were this year.

With just over two months to go until the inaugural Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi, Senna was able to drive the track in a 4×4 road car and get an impression of what kind of track it is and which of the current F1 teams it will favour, bearing in mind that the season finale could be the decisive race in the championship. His answer may surprise you.

Is spoke to him on the phone today and I thought I would share his thoughts with you:

What do you think of the track?
    It’s impressive, different from anything seen before. The nearest is probably Shanghai in terms of how well planned and laid out it is, but this place is on another level. Many of the solutions of this track are interesting.

Such as?
    Well the pit lane exit, which is a tunnel, for example. That is more than a bit interesting. The pit speed limit line is before it so they will be racing through the tunnel. It’s quite narrow, not as narrow as the exit in Valencia, but still narrow and it exits onto the high speed Turn 3, mind you the cars exiting the pits will be going quite quickly by then. Also something I’ve never seen before is the run off area for Turn 7 is underneath the grandstand!

Any other surprises?
    It’s not as flat as I thought it would be. They’ve moved earth around to make some elevation changes. This gives some really nice blind corners. There is a nice mix of corners, some fast corners, the ones around the marina are off camber.

It will be really hard to get a good compromise on the set up, especially the aero balance. It’s the kind of track where the car will feel really oversteery. The majority of the corner are tight, so a good front end will be very important. It has a very long straight, the longest in F1 at 1.2 km with a first gear corner going onto it and at the end of it. To me this looks like a real KERS track. As for set up, you’d go for a medium to high downforce set up, something like you would use at Magny Cours.

Which bits do you like the most?
    The first complex of corners, turns 1, 2 and 3 are really nice, fast sweeps. It’s very cool, they are blind corners and the exit of turn 3 is downhill. Then turns 14 and 15 are really cool fast right handed corners, where the wall is quite close.

How is the Marina? Is it more Monaco than Valencia?
    Yes it will be like Monaco when the boats are in there, but it’s much more modern than Monaco, the architecture is much more modern. There are some beautiful buildings here, like the Shams Tower, and the hotel which is like a bridge over the circuit.

Will it be more of a Brawn circuit or a Red Bull circuit?
    “It’s a KERS circuit!”

What are your chances of a race seat looking like for next year?
    ” There are more opportunities for next year than there were for this. I’m talking to some teams, the odds are looking better for next year.”
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Williams interested in keeping Rosberg

Frank Williams has suggested his team would like to keep Nico Rosberg for the 2010 season following the German's strong showing this year.

Campos hindered by budget cap U-turn

Campos Grand Prix says its plans to enter Formula 1 have been made harder by the scrapping of a budget cap rule, but the team is adamant it can still be successful in the sport.

Kubica unsure what to expect at Spa

Robert Kubica says it is impossible to predict if BMW Sauber will be able to repeat its promising performance of the European Grand Prix at Spa this weekend.

Vettel: I can still win the title

Sebastian Vettel is adamant that he is still in this year's title race, despite falling 25 points behind championship leader Jenson Button after retiring from the last two grands prix.

Alonso says Renault win unlikely in '09

Fernando Alonso says it will be harder for Renault to repeat the kind of race-winning form the French squad enjoyed at the end of the 2008 season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting weekend lay ahead. A win for Webber and he will be in the box seat. Most importantly as Button said, we will find out tomorrow if Brawns have over come their tire temperature problems. Quite unlikely i would say, and even if they have it will make little difference at Spa. Vettel, for some reason thinks he can win the world championship, i guess with a couple of retirements from all the three drivers in front of him he can, then again so can Hamilton i think if all the drivers in front of him retire from all the races

@genius83

Really like the cartoons especially the Raikkonen one asking to be fired right now and not wait till 2010. I think Ferrari can use more than four drivers in a season because this is an unusual situation. The four driver rule probably applies to something like changing Massa and hiring Badoer, then firing him and getting Sato and firing him to get Piquet Jr. Badoer will get the drive at Monza too, that is my feeling. He will be better at Spa, a track he knows and improve at Monza. Ferrari can decide after that although having over looked him in 1999 when Schumacher broke his leg and Ferrari opted for Mika Salo, I don't know what made them think he could deliver now. Mclaren, realistically have two tracks left where they could do well. Others will suit Ferrari and at Mclaren only one driver scores points. Can`t take the other one seriously.

The safety car and medical car laps are funny indeed and on the limit stuff. Bruno Senna`s interview is interesting in that he thinks it's a KERS circuit!

@Shehryaar

LOL! I hafta agree with you. They should park that car, find any reason they can and not race it. You missed out on another thing. Apart from the four speeding fines and the fifth which was over looked, Badoer also managed to hit Sutils car in parc ferme at the end of the race when they were all parking their cars and sutil had already parked his Force India, Badoer hit the standing car from behind.

As for the never ending Alonso - Ferrari stories, every generation has a driver who stands out. Others might be closer, some might be faster, some might be better at something else, but there is always one who is just about the complete package, and for now it's the Spaniard. He is a polarizing figure, those who like him like him those who don't can`t find anything good about him. That`s mostly the British media because of `07 and what happened with Ron Dennis` boy toy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FOTA to meet with Vatanen, Todt

Formula 1 team principals are to meet with FIA presidential hopeful Ari Vatanen at this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix, AUTOSPORT has learned, before seeing his rival Jean Todt later in the year.

Button braced for crucial Friday at Spa

Championship leader Jenson Button believes Friday could be a crucial day for his world championship ambitions, with his Brawn team likely to find out if its tyre warm-up problems are now gone for good.

Rosberg: Podium is possible at Spa

Nico Rosberg is confident that Williams can claim its first podium finish in almost a year in this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

Bahrain could open 2010 season

Bahrain could open next year's Formula 1 world championship, AUTOSPORT has learned, with the sport's commercial chief Bernie Ecclestone pondering a reshuffle of races at the start of next season.

Spa-Francorchamps must pay its way - Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone has played down the prospect of easing the financial conditions for struggling traditional Grand Prix, including the much-loved Belgian race at Spa-Francorchamps.

Schumacher contract talks to take place at Monza

Contrary to earlier reports, Michael Schumacher's contract with the Ferrari team was not recently extended.

Toyota can't decide drivers without budget - Trulli

Jarno Trulli on Thursday said it is not correct that Toyota has already decided to move on without him for the 2010 season.

Engine-short Vettel to limit practice laps

Sebastian Vettel's two Renault engine failures at Valencia last weekend means he will have to ease back on practice mileage for the rest of his 2009 championship challenge.

@UK

If the weather during todays practice is wet then I don't think we could know whether or not Brawn have sorted out the tyre warming problem.

About the cartoons Alonso's tyregram is also hilarious.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Until now we only knows the Comic personnel of ScuderiaFerrari by seeing their actions/reactions during the racing weekends but now we also knows that they good humour people working for them in the parent company as well. Here is the story coming from their own website about the driver replacement waiting list who wants to drive the F60 inplace of Massa.

Waiting list

It might not be the best season for the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, but the possibility to drive one of the Reds must be very appetising, at least when one considers the number of drivers, who have been brought up by the media and the fans and even by some of the drivers themselves as candidates for Felipe Massa’s F60 number 3, without even considering some suggestions from the afterworld…
    The list is so long that almost every letter in the alphabet has a corresponding driver…but let’s see the details:

A as in Fernando Alonso
    B as in Jules Bianchi, Mirko Bortolotti and Sebastien Bourdais
    C as in David Coulthard
    D as in Anthony Davidson
    F as in Giancarlo Fisichella and Luca Filippi
    G as in Marc Gené
    H as in Nico Hulkenberg
    K as in Robert Kubica
    L as in André Lotterer and Vitantonio Liuzzi
    P as in Nelson Piquet (Jr.) and Giorgio Pantano
    R as in Valentino Rossi and Davide Rigon
    S as in Takuma Sato and Bruno Senna
    T as in Jarno Trulli
    V as in Jos Verstappen
    Before anyone feels offended we want to underline that we have the highest respect for all of these drivers and we apologise also in the name of those who brought up their names to those who haven’t been mentioned, like Lewis Hamilton or Jenson Button, but there’s always time for some fresh ideas.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the Belgian GP Practice Session 1 result. Session was affected by rain every now and then.

Belgian GP Practice Session 1

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985919
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow, nice information

Gooooooooooooo Abu Dhabi
    uaeimran@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the Belgian GP Practice Session 2 result and unlike first session this is dry throughout the time.

Belgian GP Practice Session 2

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -985931
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Abu Dhabi to be 'twilight' finale

The inaugural Abu Dhabi grand prix at the end of this season has been moved to a 'twilight' race time, it was confirmed at Spa-Francorchamps on Friday.

Williams would loan Hulkenberg to Ferrari

Williams would release Nico Hulkenberg if Ferrari is interested in using him to replace the struggling Luca Badoer.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interesting day with wet and dry conditions and a real dilemma for the championship fighting teams. Mclaren at the front in free practice two could be some show boating and nothing else. They can't be a factor in the race, but qualifying is another matter. Red Bull and Brawn will probably go heavy, knowing they are very likely to be passed by the KERS cars on the first lap or second. Yet qualifying in the middle of a tight pack could compromise their race, an accident or getting stuck behind a car with similar or slightly less fuel would destroy their race. It's more of a problem for Brawns than it is for Red Bull. Pressure is getting to Button, and he certainly would not like being bullied at the start by anyone as he was by Vettel at Valencia. The chasing pack is all very close, Red Bull is clearly sand bagging it and they will be in a race of their own on Sunday, minus anymore technical dramas. Renault looks quick though Grosjean`s lap was done on new soft tires and a two lap run just like Hamilton's was too. Their team mates didnt, Alonso didn't use new tires, not so sure about Heikki. Ferrari is fast as expected, rather Raikkonen is while Badoer continues to impress at the back off the field. At least he hasn't been fined in the pitlane yet.

Hulkenburg, will he want to step into a Ferrari at Monza, when he ic contesting the GP2 series and leading it? He should not, while it might be a gamble worth taking, i don't think it's worth it. They have stopped development on the F60, and he will be up against Raikkonen, not a good decision. Rani1 Mukherjee might pop in and shed some light on the issue with his infinite F1 wisdom and tell us about another " undisputed fact about F1"

@genius83

Seems Brawn have worked out their problem of getting head in the hard tires. They are still behind Red Bull, but it will not be as bad as we have seen it in the past races.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All times are close and ferrari looking fast. Maybe a good weeknd for iceman and ferrari. Luca badoer is bringing more shame to the team he was last again in practice one ferrari can be fastest tomorrow and other slowest. Please please put some other driver in car number 3.

genius83, what happens if badoer does two laps and retires? Fia can not give them penalty. Ferrari like tv time more then being shamed by badoer? also how can vettel win world title with 2 engines left for 7 races?

unclecracker, Kimi Raikkonen is very good driver. Car is not suiting his style of driving maybe ferrari design the car for Felipe massa after his good season in 2008. Fernando alonso is very good driver as well but how much better ferrari will do by replacing Kimi and have Fernando who knows. The pairing of Kimi and Alonso will be best if Massa is having problems. It will be dream team.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

If you are referring to Button's comment about tyre temperature is not a problem then I think Button is day dreaming because during the first practice only 10 drivers were able to post a time and only 3 drivers have posted a time which should be taken seriously if we want to make comparisions with the second practice. Times posted by drivers in second practice are the true showing off where are teams realistically and in second practice Brawns are way down at 17 and 18 about a sec behind the sessions pole sitter. Also during the second session the track temperature was around 30 celcius which is neither warm nor cold.

@Shehryaar

Anyone could retire from even the first lap so if Badoer retires after just doing few laps then I think it is nothing to worry but if you are worrying about him being so slow that he will be lapped by the front row starters then I have to agree that you have a valid point but even this was not happen in Valencia where he was slow but he only been lapped in once throughout the race and on a street circuit it was more worrying to overtake a slow car then on race track like Spa. And it is almost certain that he will not be there for Monza and beyond until or unless he do something miraculous during the qualifying or race like been able to qualify in top ten or a wet race and on a track like Spa miracles do happen.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shehryaar

Sorry for a total new post about your second question regarding Vettel's ambitions for the title well I am also a bit confused that how could he win a championship specially if he doesnot want the grid penalty because let's say that he used a new engine in Spa and Monza that means he has used his all eight engines allocated for this season and he now have 4 races remaining after Monza where he has to used the 4 used engines remaining and out of those 4 engines, 2 are certainly have higher mileage on them around 1000Km+ as he have used these 2 engines during practice sessions of Monza and Spa, Now if I am the Red Bull strategist I certainly will ask Vettel to take a new engine in Singapore which is the next track after Monza and after what happens last season I think something like that is still a possibilty this season too so chances of having some points even starting from back of the grid is possible and also then he has 3 races remaining and 3 not so used engines available for them to compete. What I can't understand is why only Vettel have engine problem and none other of 3 drivers who are using the same engine have any problems.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

User Tag List