3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the altered result of Belgian GP with Driver's and Team's championship.

Belgian GP Altered result

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -987744

Driver's Championship after Belgian GP

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -987745

Team's Championship after Belgian GP

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -987746
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, sorry about wrong team position chart this is the right chart below.

Team's position after Belgian GP

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -987757
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So, Fisichella should be expected in a Ferrari at Monza, now that it's been confirmed that Massa won't be available till the start of 2010 at the earliest. It's been Fisi's dream to drive a Ferrari, must be every Italian's dream, i guess. He will move to Ferrari's test driver and reserve driver role at the end of the season and this year has shown how badly they need a reserve driver after Luca Badoer`s exploits.

If what is now called crash gate wasn't enough, new allegations are surfacing that suggest , FIA allowed the back of the grid cars to run higher revs, run a little under weight and along with bridgestone provided them with a different compound of tires which made teams like Force India and BMW to be competitive. Why exactly would FIA do that i don't know.

@genius83

Good to hear all is well at your end and you didn't suffer much because of power outage this time out. Yes, a lot of new things happened this weekend but again the three title contenders didn't make the most of it. Button's lead should have been in single digits by now. A couple of tracks left in the season will suit their car. Red Bull did not maximize their weekend nor did Rubens.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Grosjean upsets rivals with Spa crash

Jenson Button was unimpressed with F1's newest rookie after the pair crashed out of the Belgian Grand Prix.

No Spa penalties for Grosjean and Alguersuari

No drivers were penalised for the crashes on the first lap of Sunday's Belgian grand prix. Two separate incidents that occurred at the Les Combes corner were investigated by stewards: one between Jenson Button and Romain Grosjean, and another after which both Lewis Hamilton and Jaime Alguersuari also both retired from the race.

Barrichello hopeful of strong Monza race

Rubens Barrichello thinks Brawn GP should have the edge over Red Bull Racing at the Italian Grand Prix, after seeing his team's main opposition fail to capitalise on its speed in Belgium last weekend.

Spa confirms plan to alternate GP with Nurburgring

The organisers of the Belgian Grand Prix have confirmed that annually alternating their Formula One race with the Nurburgring is an option for the future.

South Korea secures circuit funding

South Korean Grand Prix promoters have announced they have secured the financial funding to build a Formula 1 circuit that will be ready in time for 2010.

The track to be built by Hermann Tilke

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -987895

Williams keen to finalise driver line-up

Williams will decide "in the coming weeks" whether to sign Nico Hulkenberg as a race driver for next season.

The British team has an option on the GP2 champion-elect, but also potentially on the market are highly rated established drivers including Kimi Raikkonen, Robert Kubica, Heikki Kovalainen, Jarno Trulli, Rubens Barrichello, Nick Heidfeld and Timo Glock.

Coulthard not buying conspiracy theories

At Spa-Francorchamps last weekend, the most ludicrous paddock theory was that F1's authorities had somehow given struggling teams a secret boost.

@UK

One thing I have to say we knows Hamilton is the biggest choker of F1 history but if Button can't win the WDC this season he will be the biggest looser in the history of F1 because no one in the history of F1 have lost the WDC title after winning 6 GP's in a season and I don't think anyother driver could win six GP's from now on till the season ends so whoever wins the title will win with less GP wins then Button.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Force India unlikely to run KERS

Force India is almost certain not to run KERS this season, despite originally having hoped to run the energy recovery system as early as the German Grand Prix in July.

Buemi: Toro Rosso can fight for points

Sebastien Buemi believes that Scuderia Toro Rosso can be a regular points scorer in the final five races of the season after a solid performance in the Belgian Grand Prix.

Villeneuve: Fitness no problem for return

Jacques Villeneuve is adamant that fitness will not be a problem if he succeeds in his aim of returning to Formula 1 after an absence of over three years in 2010.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barrichello is talking rubbish again, much like his blah blah blah comment he made after Nurburgring, i think, when he thought the team lost him the race. No idea what will happen at Monza, as it will be the first time all these new cars will run in minimum down force configuration. Brawn is a very stable car which is very good at putting the power down early and getting out of tight turns. Only two chicanes at Monza, the first one being the slowest. The Ascari can't even be called a chicane unless you think 140 mph is slow speed.Brawn have the Mercedes engines, reputed to be the most powerful. The logical favourites for the race don't have Mercedes engines. Wonder what damage KERS would do on a track like Monza.

@genius83

So, do you think anyone else winning the titile having won less races would be a worthy champion or do you agree with Bernie and his formula?

Btw, can you explain the logic behind picking Badoer for your fantasy league team for two straight races? I am a little curious about that

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why Renault is quiet about all stories that it cheated? I read on a webpage that it is Felipe Massa who in interview tell brazillian newspaper he thinks race in singapore was fixed. Everyone think that it is Nelson piquet junior. Please please Ferrari take fisi for Italian GP or enter one car only. S outh korea circuit looks very long Is that the track where race will be taking place or changes made to it still?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Bernie and his formula is purely an old man's dream that should never becomes reality just imagine if that formula was in place Button's title could be decided by the end of Monza GP in current circumstances because if Vettel can't win at Monza his chances are little at Singapore and after that even if he wins all the remaining GPs he will be still one victory short of Button and we have lost the charm of this season knowing the fact that last races are just the formality. I am totally against the winner takes all system, my comments about Button was regarding his own comments in an interview that if the car is good then I could perform well but if the car is underperforming don't expect miracles from me. Now as we are seeing there are some problems with the tyre temperatures in Brawn GP cars he has been going lower and lower after every race.

Why I choose Badoer in 2 consecutive GPs, just because I am saving some important drivers for the important rounds of racing coming ahead, and also if I know Force India could perform that good then I could assure you I have choose them for the Spa but I could assure you that I would choose them for Monza but if Badoer will be part of Prancing Horse then he will be part of my fanatasy team too. Also regarding our PFL you should delete a team from the bottom with the name
    SMS,
    this is member has not pick for even a single GP until now. How many do you think will choose Force India in next races.

@Shehryaar

I think you are talking about this topic

Piquet's have nothing to do with the Singapore Inquiry

The problem is even if Massa have said that how would that help him for WDC and also the fuel rig incident was not the fault of Flavio Briatore.

About the South Korean track it is still underconstruction and the length of this track is 5.45Kms so it is still shorter then Spa-Francorchamps.

Hulkenberg in contention at Williams

Williams technical director Sam Michael has confirmed that test driver Nico Hulkenberg is a contender for a race seat with the team next year.

In Conversation - Bernie Ecclestone and Sebastian Vettel

In his long career in motorsport, Formula One Management CEO Bernie Ecclestone has met legions of drivers. Obviously, however, as F1 racing’s youngest-ever race winner, Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel is more than just ‘another driver’. The two men may be separated in years by over half a century, but as a joint interview at the Belgian Grand Prix revealed, when great minds think alike and when you have plenty in common, any age gap becomes irrelevant…
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Force India pace a spur for McLaren

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh says Force India's stunning performance in the Belgian Grand Prix has delivered his outfit a 'kick up the pants' that it needs to do a better job.

Ecclestone: No doubts on Indian GP

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says there are no doubts about the Indian Grand Prix taking place, despite increasing speculation about the race's future.

Raikkonen not getting carried away

Kimi Raikkonen has played down talk that Ferrari can now consider itself contenders for victory in the remaining races of the season - despite his success in the Belgian Grand Prix.

Ferrari set to announce Badoer replacement

With Felipe Massa still recovering from injury, Ferrari is to set to announce its plans for the Italian Grand Prix and beyond.

Renault pushes Williams to re-join team alliance

Renault reportedly wants Williams to re-enter the Formula One Teams’ Association before it agrees to supply the British outfit with engines for next year.

Malaysia eyes national team entry

According to reports in the domestic press, the Malaysian government is interested in forming a national Formula One team.

This is the news that @Shehryaar was talking about;

Massa confronted Briatore about Piquet crash

Felipe Massa suspected Nelson Piquet crashed deliberately at Singapore last year and confronted Flavio Briatore about the incident in person, it has emerged.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Silly season overdrive as driver market churns

With just five races remaining, the so-called driver market 'silly season' for next year has shifted into high gear.

With key names like Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen on the move, vacant cockpits at McLaren and Renault - and teams set both to depart and join the grid - rumours of who goes where for next season are rife.

At Williams, both Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima could be leaving, to be replaced possibly by rookie Nico Hulkenberg and the team's former driver Nick Heidfeld, who like Robert Kubica is on the market due to BMW's impending departure.

Kubica, however, appears to be on Renault's radar, with the French team needing to replace the almost certainly Ferrari-bound Alonso.

Also linked with the Renault seat in recent days has been Raikkonen, who may be set to depart Ferrari a year before his contract runs out.

Flavio Briatore is on the lookout for a replacement not only for Alonso but for the departing title sponsor ING, and signing Raikkonen could woo the Finnish mobile brand Nokia on board.

Back to Williams, and Germany's Auto Motor und Sport believes the GP2 driver Vitaly Petrov is a possibility for the Grove team, whose second cockpit is currently occupied by the heavily Toyota-backed Nakajima.

Williams however looks likely to line up with Renault power in 2010, leaving Russian Petrov - apparently with up to €15m in personal sponsorship - in the frame for a seat. He has also been linked with the new Spanish team Campos.

At Ferrari, the situation is complicated, with Raikkonen, Alonso and the injured Felipe Massa all under contract, but only two cockpits to occupy.

Massa is recovering well from his Budapest qualifying crash, but recovery from head injuries is an inexact science, so Ferrari must be concerned that he in fact will not be ready to race at the season opener next March.

This would explain Ferrari's push to have three cockpits available for the 2010 season: one definitely reserved for Massa, one for Alonso, and perhaps a fully competitive third driver in the form of Raikkonen or perhaps Kubica assured either the second or third cockpit.

Giancarlo Fisichella could also be lining up a Ferrari drive, but it would be a test seat only, with his place at Force India to be taken by Tonio Liuzzi.

Toyota is in a difficult situation, given the team's inability to guarantee any driver a seat until after the executive board approves a budget for next season.

Nakajima would be a cheap and experienced alternative with a nationality to suit the team's Japanese owner, should Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock have already departed by the time of the budget approval in November.

Also available may be Heikki Kovalainen given that Rosberg is likely to replace him at McLaren, and also Rubens Barrichello, who would be ousted if rumours of Brawn's interest in Raikkonen are true.

Also actively looking around for a drive is Nelson Piquet, who has been talking with new teams Campos, Manor and USF1. It is believed he has been in discussions with IndyCar teams as well.

Similarly, former Toro Rosso third driver Neel Jani confirmed he has been in talks with the new F1 teams. "I am keeping my fingers crossed," he told the Asian Age newspaper.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
    Source: GMM
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h1

Fisichella says Ferrari drive a dream come true
    /h1

Giancarlo Fisichella says he cannot believe how his life has been transformed in the past week after being officially confirmed as a Ferrari driver for the remainder of 2009.

The Italian will race alongside Kimi Raikkonen for the rest of the season before becoming Ferrari's official reserve driver in 2010.

Speaking at Maranello on Thursday, having met team principal Stefano Domenicali and other Ferrari personnel to discuss plans for the Italian Grand Prix, Fisichella was clearly overjoyed at the turn of events - which comes almost 14 years after he tested a Ferrari 412 T2 on September 27, 1995 at Fiorano.

"I'm in seventh heaven," Fisichella told the official Ferrari website. "I still can't believe it - that the dream of my life comes true, and I want to thank Ferrari and Chairman Luca di Montezemolo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari predicts Fisichella will be strong

Ferrari is expecting Giancarlo Fisichella to deliver valuable points for the outfit for the rest of the season, after officially confirming that the Italian will race for the Maranello team for the remainder of 2009.

Fisichella is being drafted in as team-mate to Kimi Raikkonen after temporary stand-in Luca Badoer failed to impress during his two race stint with the team.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some dreams do come true albeit much later. Time was, Fisichella would say his dream is to drive for Ferrari in F1, and if offered the drive, he would do it for free. His wish has come true at the twilight of his career. Tifosi will welcome him at Monza, like a warrior from a crusade. Whether he achieves anything at Monza will not matter to them. For the tifosi to have an Italian in a Ferrari is a dream. Expect Raikkonen to be over looked at Monza.

@genius83

Who would be a deserving world champion in your opinion? Not talking about personal likes or dislikes, but just based on the season so far, who do you think deserves the title? Quite a few might pick Force India, but with Fisichella gone to Ferrari, that gives people more options depending on where they put him, in "A" list or "B" People still might pick Force India given their form and the nature of the track.

Piquet might well have said something to someone just to get back at Flavio. If, it's Massa saying these things then he is an idiot i must say because the pit to car radio is open to FIA and for it to happen, he must have had some radio conversation with his team. Plus why have a crash, the kind that he had, ripping off the entire back end of the car and hitting the wall so hard. He could have had a harmless spin and stalled the car in the middle of the track at a tight corner and not at a relatively open space at the track.

Cleared some names from PFL table, the last three.

@Shehryaar

Congratulations! Your prayer has been answered. There is a saying or a song lyric, don't recall what but goes something like, becareful what you wish for, with every wish comes a curse. Not that a highly charged Fisichella only underlines and expedites Raikkonen's anticipated exit from Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

gr8 development in da Ferrari camp..i hope it's 4 da best..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well for me either the RedBull drivers or Rubens deserve the WDC title but this is my opinion after 12 races at the start of the season I was thinking that Hamilton have to prove that he is deserving WDC last season and Massa to show that last season was not a one off and he has not lost the hopes he can be WDC. Certainly never thinks that the season could turnout to be a thriller like this. In reality now either Webber or Rubens deserve the WDC with Vettel on the verge of grid penalty so its over for him most likely.

So 7 races and 7 different winners are now a possibility who is going to place a bet on Fisichella winning the Monza GP.

Toyota has no plans to leave F1

Toyota's Formula 1 chiefs have been assured that the Japanese manufacturer is not planning a shock withdrawal from the sport later this year - but the team has been warned to prepare itself for major costs cuts.

Red Bull says every race a final now

Red Bull Racing must now treat every race like a World Cup Final if it is going to beat rivals Brawn GP to the title.

McLaren: KERS a big boost for Monza

McLaren believes its KERS will provide it with a big advantage at next weekend's Italian Grand Prix - but the team has played down talk it is clear favourite for victory.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to get an idea how much Bernie has lost it, one should read the link posted by genius83, " in conversation with Bernie and Vettel" When asked if he, Bernie, saw a world champion in Vettel, he answer was, "yes! I wonder what's taking so long.If they had my medal system in place this year he, Vettel, would have a great chance." Are you sure Bernie? You seem to have lost your marbles! With the way this season has gone, Button winning all those Grand Prix at the start of the season, he would need maybe just one more win to secure the title, and even if they were equal of that Button would have more second places, more podiums. Get a grip on things old.

@genius83

I don't know what you are studying bro, but you can make a great diplomat if you want I asked you who you thought deserved to win and you have given a very diplomatic answer, covering everything I agree, Vettel might be out of the running with his engine problems and it's a toss up between the other three drivers although the odds have shortened on Button winning the title with less races to go and his rivals unable to cut significantly into his lead.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Renault summoned by FIA over Singapore GP

Renault has been summoned to appear before an extraordinary hearing of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council later this month to answer charges that it caused a deliberate crash in last year's Singapore GP.

The team's representatives have been asked to appear at the hearing, which takes place in Paris on September 21, to respond to claims that Nelson Piquet's crash in the night race was intentional - with the aim of helping team-mate Fernando Alonso win.

After it was revealed last weekend that the FIA was investigating the events that took place in Singapore, following the emergence of fresh evidence, the FIA confirmed on Friday that it believed there was a case to be answered.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fellow Romans hail Fisichella 'destiny'

In his native Rome, news on Thursday of Giancarlo Fisichella's impending Grand Prix career finale at the wheel of a beloved Ferrari was warmly welcomed.

Fellow Romans Max Biaggi, a motorcycle racer, as well as footballer Francesco Totti, were quoted by the local Corriere dello Sport as hailing the news. So too did the Italian capital's Mayor Gianni Alemanno.

"This is also a good sign in our wanting to have a Grand Prix in the city of Rome in 2012," he said. "Soon we will constitute the promoter's committee for our official bid.”

Also in the Roman press, Fisichella's father Roberto described his son moving to Ferrari as a "dream come true", while his brother Piero said the news was akin to a "sign of destiny".

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo meanwhile explained the reasons for the recruitment of Fisichella.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ross Brawn is Fast even if Button is not. Why? Click
    Here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Now one should understand why Brawn is worried he doesnot want to get those 12 points to get ban for driving on public road and he has asked Button to drive slowly to avoid any more points gain on his own public license.

Sorry bro, I am the victim of Mario Theissen effect because my ISP try to upgrade a good working network and as the upgrade doesnot work he has no way to revert back and I have no internet for 4 days and if someone thinks it was a minor problem KESC coupled the trouble by having unusually higher loadshedding schedule and when complained the answer was like we have open your area after the schedule loadshedding for
    2 secs
    before the fire broke out in the feeder and now they are oiling the feeder. They also ask me to confirm that they have supply the electricity for
    2 secs

As for your complements thanks but certainly you also agree with me that what is happened until now and what ever happened till end was not what the F1 fans were expecting at the start of season.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

User Tag List