3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Webber sitout of qualifying means teams are not carrying spare cars like the old days right, because if RedBull have a spare car they could set up the car for the qualifying and then take a grid penalty of at most 10 places and start from some where on row 6 or 7.

No Brawn underhanded tactics then how could Button came so close to Barrichello just before the Safety car and was about to try some overtaking manueover in the last laps. I missed the 2nd pitstops of both Brawns and what ever happens occurs during that time. As for Button do you want a DNF for him at Interlagos as it could really spice up the championship fight for the last round and if Vettel and RedBull could be as dominant as this GP a title showdown on a totally new circuit for each and every team will be classic.

So what you have said about FIA does that means you are agreeing with what Vettel said about changing the speed checking method and not consider him a whinner after making a silly mistake because I fully acknowledged what he says about changing the method as we have seen many race marshalls in the pitlane and they are present at the side of every team's pitwall and it is quite unusual to say that they are present their for showing flags during incidents as nowadays most start/finish are long straights and only 1 or 2 flag marshalls are enough for that purpose. Then what are the other marshalls are doing certainly they are keeping a sharp look on team's pitstops and also they are keeping the timing record for each and every driver when he came in the pitlane. FIA's rule of pitlane speed checking is
    a minimum amount of time to cross the pitlane is being set with a speed limit and if anyone has cross the pitlane speed limit line before the minimum amount of time then he will be penalised for speeding in the pitlane
    now what happens with Vettel was he takes a shorter pitlane entry as many other drivers have take such types of entries at different tracks and cross the pitlane within the minimum amount of time so is been penalised which is quite stupid of FIA, and just imagine that penalty have cost him 3 extra points and a bit far fetched but may be a win too as Hamilton was driving without KERS in Singapore GP.

Button eyes error-free race in Brazil

Jenson Button says his main target for the Brazilian Grand Prix is to avoid errors and hope for the best possible result in order to get closer to the title.

Teams discuss group car launches

At a meeting of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) at Suzuka, a novel cost-cutting initiative for the forthcoming winter period was discussed.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the pleasure is all mine !!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleKracker

@RACING_DUDE

Welcome to Pakwheels and to the F1 thread on it. Thanks for the pictures (Y)

F1:FAN

GIFTED BY FATHER, GRANTED BY ALLAH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen only interested in winning car

Kimi Raikkonen says he is only interested in a car that allows him to fight for the championship next year in order to continue in Formula 1.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota again 2nd at Honda-owned Suzuka
    It is impossible to please everybody.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h2McLaren in no hurry to name driver/h2

McLaren are in no hurry to name their second driver for 2010 despite Kimi Raikkonen's availability, team principal Martin Whitmarsh said.

h2McLaren to ditch Merc and run BMW in F1 2010?/h2

McLaren’s partnership with engine-supplier Mercedes-Benz – believed to have been on rocky ground for some time – could culminate in divorce as soon as the end of the 2009 F1 World Championship campaign, it has been rumoured, with reports that BMW is set to fill the breach.

Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ALL D PEOPLE

CHECK THIS PICK OUT , ME STEPPING IN THE FORMULA TRACK GATE IN SINGAPORE

Quote Originally Posted by nightsurfer

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1000707
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1000708
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1000709
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1000710
    F1:FAN

GIFTED BY FATHER, GRANTED BY ALLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow! Vettel, what a class act he was. He drove as he was possessed or something. He is the only one who can really bring Button down. This guy deserves a Ferrari drive in the future.

Damn! what was Heiki doing. he wrecked his race and that of Sutil's. These are desperate times for him and his time in F1 is probably about to end soon for good.

Kubica should have just bumped into Button in the last few laps. Poor strategy by BMW, they should have had that spot. So, both titles are up for grabs mathematically, realistically Button has to be the biggest choking brit ever to loose this one, anybody betting?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Raptor21

I am willing to bet or I should say he has already done it he is looking for finishing the races now rather then going for attack.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ genius83

Yesh man there is not much left to bet on. Button is almost home sadly, boring end to a boring season. As UK mentioned before, this is what happens when you are competing with average drivers in good cars or good drivers in pathetic cars.

I was hoping somebody would bet on Button losing the title from here. well i guess there are no fools here.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On another note did anyone read abt the news of Air India officials coming to blows in Pakistani airspace. PIA finally has a competitor.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Waisay, how is the loadshedding scene in Pakistan. i hope its resolved by now. Citizens of our poor beloved country would now have to bear the brunt by paying high tariff on electricity due to govements procurement of electricity through expensive means, thanks to poor planing and execution of our goverments.

Thanks to all those years of conditioning, i still have that reflex, when a TV show is abt to reach a climax inadvertently i start thinking rather praying that elec wont go. i might need years to relieve myself of this psychological trauma.

Does anybody know if Canada or USA would be on the calendar next year? i would love to go see Alonso driving for Ferrari.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

On another note did anyone read abt the news of Air India officials coming to blows in Pakistani airspace. PIA finally has a competitor.

Waisay, how is the loadshedding scene in Pakistan. i hope its resolved by now. Citizens of our poor beloved country would now have to bear the brunt by paying high tariff on electricity due to govements procurement of electricity through expensive means, thanks to poor planing and execution of our goverments.

Thanks to all those years of conditioning, i still have that reflex, when a TV show is abt to reach a climax inadvertently i start thinking rather praying that elec wont go. i might need years to relieve myself of this psychological trauma.

Does anybody know if Canada or USA would be on the calendar next year? i would love to go see Alonso driving for Ferrari.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@raptor21

Bro, in my previous post I was saying that I am willing to bet against Button winning the title but thinks he already has lost it and looks like you take the total opposite meaning of my post. I am rooting for Vettel or Barrichello winning the title rather then Button because he has not shown anything that I should consider extraordinary he only has done good when the car was perfectly setup for him but on a not so good setup car he is back to his original place finishing just in the points. While both Vettel and Barrichello have performed well when they are having some troubles and look how Vettel performs on a track which was new for him. He has fighting for the title with a potential danger of having an engine blowout and still have high hopes of going till the end for the title fight on the otherhand Button is just looking out to go for some points finishes and this the same what McLaren done with Hamilton in last 2 seasons one time they got lucky the other time not so.

Yes, for now the Canadian GP is present on the provisional calendar for 2010 but US GP is not.

Loadshedding is still going but the time frame is reduced now we mostly have 2 hours of loadshedding every day.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Yes, the days of spare car are over after the drastic cost cutting measures. Teams carry enough parts to rebuild one or maybe two cars, but in Webber's case, they didn't have enough time to complete the job. Honestly speaking I have not seen any evidence of Brawn GP favoring Button in the last 5-6 rounds of the championship. Button has been lucky in many respects, for example the crash between Heikki the idiot and Sutil, allowed him to make up two places without much trouble. Similarly, Fisi got ahead of him at the start and was passed by Button when Fisi was asleep on lap one. The two BMW drivers had their own little battle when Kubica on a better strategy was only seven tenths behind Button, and would have passed him during the pitstops but all that didn't work out and Button ended up in the points. Button will not loose the title from here on unless he has mechanical problems or if we end up having one of those crazy wet Brazilian GP that happens once in awhile.

I agree with Vettel for a change, yes. Having read his first reacting, i thought it was nothing more than him being a cry baby, but with details coming out how FIA go about keeping an eye on the pitlane speed limit, it's a joke.

@Raptor21

Man, i had put some money on Webber. This was before the Belgian GP. The odds were very tempting at that time from betfair, a couple of races later and he is not even in the title hunt anymore. I don't know what we will remember this year for, whether it will be crash gate or the DD diffuser issue. It certainly won't be for racing, especially in the second half of the season. I cant seem to remember a driver fighting for the world championship and going at the speed of a tortoise as Button is, a bag of nerves in the second half of the season and yet winning the title. All that was needed was for one of the three drivers fighting him for the title to string together three good results, say two wins and a podium. Button's lead would have disappeared and the way he is driving, he would have fallen apart, but i suppose we are asking for too much from the three drivers. Barrichello, with all his experience has never won back to back races if you ignore the farcical US GP, when Schumacher and Barrichello tried to have a formation finish and Rubens nicked it by less than a tenth of a second. The guy most likely to do it would have been Vettel, but he is on a learning curve and handicapped by the number of engines left which compromises his running during Friday.

The Air India story is better than PIA, although there was another instance in September where one of their flight was delayed because of a rat. Load shedding isn't that better, don't listen to genius83 The Minister of load shedding has apologized to the nation, saying load shedding won't end in December of this year because his super expensive rental power plants won't be here on time. June next year is the new date he has given.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn vows to control driver tension

Ross Brawn says he is doing everything he possibly can to ensure the tension between his drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello stays under control as the championship reaches its climax.

Campos objects to 14th team entry

Williams may not be the only team holding back its support for a confirmed 14th team entry for BMW Sauber.

Prost hails Vettel's title push

Alain Prost has hailed Sebastian Vettel's ability to rally the full support of the team Red Bull Racing as he continues to push for the 2009 title.

Teams pushing for US return

The Formula One Teams' Association has reportedly expressed doubts about the addition of South Korea to the 2010 calendar, and would prefer instead to be returning to the United States.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alguersuari impressed with F1 safety

Jaime Alguersuari was left impressed by Formula One's safety standards after testing his Toro Rosso and the Japanese barriers on two occasions this past weekend.

Domenicali: No magic to Brawn success

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali says there is no magic in how the Brawn team has become championship contenders after a 2008 season in the doldrums.

Tax issues blocking Canadian GP deal

The obstacle standing in the way of a final deal for the Canadian Grand Prix is tax, according to Montreal's French-language daily La Presse.

Williams says engine decision imminent

Williams chief Frank Williams says his team must make an "imminent" decision on its engine plans for the 2010 season.

Massa not ruling out return in Abu Dhabi

Felipe Massa says he is not ruling out returning to Formula 1 racing in the final grand prix of the season in Abu Dhabi.

Williams welcomes Massa's F1 test

Frank Williams has welcomed the news that Felipe Massa will test a Formula 1 car for the first time since his accident.

Marmorini replaces Simon at Ferrari

The Ferrari team has announced that Luca Marmorini will replace Gilles Simon as head of the engine and electronics department.

@UK

I was trying to show a better picture of the loadshedding situation in Pakistan to @raptor21 and yes our power minister is trying his level best to get rental power from abroad and may be just may be his tenure could end before the power situation get better.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to sources Mclaren Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh said: "NO PLANS FOR BMW ENGINES".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Massa is in a hurry to get behind the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car before the arrival of Fernando Alonso. There can be no other reason for him to rush back. There is no date for Alonso's official release from Renualt yet, and Massa wants to re-establish himself before Ferrari`s 50million euro man arrives.

Williams look more and more as dumping the Toyota engine and opting for Renault, at least i hope it's Renault. If they opt for Mercedes then we might as well call it formula Ferrari/Mercedes. In time, if Renault pulls out of F1, Williams might be a direct beneficiary and end up with works Renault engines as they had in the 90's.

@genius83

You mean to say, you were trying to trick Raptor21 yet again by giving him misleading information about load shedding. Good going, convince him to visit in June-July of next year, and bribe him with mangos

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Howett: Results not key to Toyota future

Toyota team boss John Howett says his squad's long-term Formula 1 future depends on the parent company's finances and its view of F1's image rather than its achievements on track.

Timo Glock and Jarno Trulli's back to back second places in Singapore and Japan have brought Toyota back into contention for third in the constructors' championship after a long fallow period, and at a time when doubts over the company's F1 commitment remain.

Howett acknowledged that the recent results were very welcome, but said that the team's form was only a side issue in any debates over Toyota's F1 presence.

"It always helps, doesn't it? But I can't say that it is really the fundamental issue," he replied when asked if the podiums would help the team's future.

"I think it is still all down to Toyota's overall profit and loss situation and the image of Formula 1 and whether we can get away from the rather sordid side that we've had recently to a much more dynamic future looking at all the great things that this sport really has.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trulli lines up Cup test with MWR

Jarno Trulli will test for NASCAR Sprint Cup team Michael Waltrip Racing in Florida in November, according to reports in America.

The 35-year-old Italian has not yet signed a contract for next year and last week admitted it was very unlikely that he will remain with Toyota, although he has been linked with the new Lotus F1 team.

Following the F1 season finale at Abu Dhabi on November 1, Trulli wil have a seat fitting with MWR and will join the team to observe the last three races of the year. He is scheduled to test at the International Speedway in Lakeland in the week before the Cup finale at Homestead Miami.

Closed Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

User Tag List