3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Sorry, for not understanding your point but can you please point about which decision you think a knee jerk reaction by FIA.

a) Green F1.

b) Cellulose Methanol.

Because as far as I could understand a) means teams are allowed to choose their engine configuration, fuel type according to their needs and we could return to the era of real F1 when teams on the grid will have different engine configuration e.g. V12s, V10s, V8Turbos, I4 Turbos, V6 Turbos and fuel types like Diesel, Hi-Octane, Bio-Diesel, Ethanol, Methanol, Hydrogen, Electric Hybrid, while b) is giving a team choice that if they want V12 they need to use Cellulose Methanol. Also in the 80's when they have gone for fuel mileage thing the power output increased because of the usage of Turbos and the mileage starting to get almost double as compare to before implementing fuel mileage. CNG is not a fuel for racing plus CNG is only a big boom in Pakistan or to some extent India not all over the world. For most parts of world LPG is the first alternative of Octane then all the other fuels comes in to play. Plus its absurd to compare burning of fuel of a car and jumbo jets because both are design for different kinds of atmosphere. If this is the way to compare then start comparing MegLev trains with 70 cc bikes and say that 70 cc is creating less pollution then MegLev.

As for the teams(Mclaren, Ferrari, Toyota) feeling they are being beaten by smaller teams(Brawn, RedBull) then I have to say that they are wrong may be to some extent Brawn is a smaller team but if their deal with Mercedes goes through then they are not smaller team for next season as they also have a manufacturer backing available and we have seen without backing they are able to win the title so with backing they are a serious contendor next season onwards and RedBull racing technology is not a small team even now they compete in different motorsport events like PowerBoat racing, Dirt bike racing, WRC Sebastian Loeb drives for them, they have NASCAR team, they compete in Air plane racing. Their technology center is state of art facility how could they been considered as small team if anyone consider them small because of their teams history that is a team which was previously known as Jaguar which was the original Stewarts then I must say they have no idea the time have changed.

Now back to F1, after dyno test of Cosworth's engine by Williams they have said that this engine is producing 15HP more then the current Mercedes engine which is rumored to produce about 50HP more then the rest of the field engines and if Mercedes rumour is correct then we should assume a compatible Cosworth engine for next year which could power atleast 5 teams 10 cars including(Williams, USF1, Campos, Manor, Lotus) and if any of the new teams could develop a compatible car then they could have been racing for points consistently and I hope Williams could develop a car which is a podium challenger. Also RedBull are rumored to switching to Cosworth power if this is true then we have 12 cars 6 teams with Cosworth power out of 26 car grid.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The current F1 cars look so much better (Y)
    U just need to get used to with their looks
    I have got used to with them
    now whenever i see old F1 cars (e.g 2006,2007,2008)
    i find them to be really awkward
    Revving a Mercedes-McLaren SLR a day keeps other supercars away.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I am against green F1 my friend and everything else associated with it. The CNG thing i said was just a joke, although it's not only limited to us but long before it got here it was a big thing in Argentina, and then they realized how it was messing up their resources and brought the price of CNG up to that of normal fuel and people gave it up. Something our Govt should do too, to stop all these people driving on CNG.

The example of a 747 was something i read long time ago and i think its quite apt. You can get a similar service if not better from a 777ER as you get from a 747 with a lot less pollution. Even the two companies that make these planes have a different view of the future, Boeing think smaller but faster planes is the way forward and Airbus have gone the A380 way. No one cried foul when they launched that plane but a small **** two in Belgium is up in arms because F1 cars make too much noise? And this small village has been there since they started holding a GP and forgets the revenue that the race generates for their little village and the surrounding areas. Similarly some Italians want the race to be banned at Monza as the track is right in the middle of Monza park and it`s too loud to have a GP there! But all that is another argument for another time.

Coming to the real problem, the knee jerk reaction was the stupid rules in response to the global financial crisis. Supposed cost cutting measures introduced by teams and FIA, because if they didn't, crazy Mosley was going to introduce his own version. What did it achieve? Nothing! and now they want to go back to the same stuff only in the name of greener F1. With an engine freeze in place to avoid costs, they want to have engines more fuel reliant to produce more horses and start another crazy race between teams who will experiment with every possible formula to come up with the best engine. Is that cost cutting or madness? There was a reason F1 ended up with the stupid rule of a controlled tire. It was done in the name of safety but the real reason was cost cutting again because the companies were spending more and more on developing tires to suit different tracks and different cars. Refueling is being banned next year, which is a very good thing, in the name of cost cutting and safety. Well, there was a reason why refueling was banned in the first place, it was not safe!! But it took them so long to realize that! They are being silly about it all and to think a normally aspirated car will be able to fight a turbo charged car is insanity. On a fast track, supposing they are allowed to run any boost, they will fly past a normally aspirated car as if it was parked.

In a day and age when there is a freeze on engine development supposedly, how did the Mercedes engine end up being roughly 50 horses more powerful than the second most powerful engine which is said to be that of Ferrari? How did Renault, who applied the FIA regulations in letter and spirit last year end up as the slowest engine, were then allowed to get on par with others and this year with the same engine freeze in place, Toyota have gone to being the least desirable engine? How did others find performance if there is an engine freeze? This is not your normal Toyota vs Civic thing, it's supposedly F1, the pinnacle or motor racing and now the Cosworth engine is supposedly producing 15 bhp more than the Mercedes engine? I personally feel the Cosworth story is just crap. They will say anything to attract more teams. I have seen them come and go in F1. The only thing that one can say is that their engines will be cheap to buy for sure. Can they compete with the car giants? never!

Which brings me to my last point. Yes Brawn is a small team, they were not a small team when they made this years cars, they had the might of Honda, but now they are a small team and yes, Red Bull is by no means a small team but that's not the point. Looking at Brawn GP, i don't know anyone outside Britain who ever wanted to buy Brawn GP merchandise. Brawn is no name just like Red Bull is not. Maybe they will be in ten or twenty years from now but despite all of Red Bull's money and resources and lets suppose they win a few world titles on the trot and then decide to make a car named Red Bull, would you buy a car named Red Bull or made by them or would you rather buy a Ferrari if they cost almost the same. Would rather be seen in a Mercedes or BMW a Toyota? I know i would prefer a Merc or a BMW to a Toyota and a Toyota to a Red Bull named car. It's all about the marque and it's pedigree. They can compete all they want but they do not have the charm of a Ferrari, a Mercedes or a BMW. In those terms these car giants do not want to be beaten by the Red Bulls and Brawns of this world. They are not in F1 to get beaten by them. Had that been the case Ferrari would not have paid Raikkonen 31 million to leave and paid Alonso 32 million to drive their car next year. These companies want one thing and one thing only, wins. If as expected next season we get a Ferrari vs Mclaren battle, will it be as boring as this season? No! It will be as much about the drivers they have as much as it would be about those two names, Ferrari and Mclaren. You will see viewership figures go through the roof if we get a Ferrari vs Mclaren battle like we did this year with Brawn vs Red Bull.

Hope i have manged to put my point across.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If 2010 is a McLaren vs Ferrari battle
    then it would be another 2007 season again
    this time with another story
    If both teams get strong cars then it would be an interesting season (Y)
    Hamilton vs Raikkonen vs Massa vs Alonso
    yet again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton: McLaren must pick a team player

Lewis Hamilton says whoever drives the second McLaren in 2010, must help push the team forwards and not be a disruptive influence.

Barrichello to race for Williams, says Weber

The news remains unofficial, but a well-connected figure on Sunday all but confirmed the composition of Williams' driver line-up for 2010.

Brawn 'will find a way' to keep Button

Ross Brawn is all but certain that he will retain the services of the newly-crowned world champion Jenson Button in 2010, as contract negotiations between the two parties remain on-going.

Abu Dhabi GP a sell out

Tickets have sold out for the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix next weekend, according to Yas Marina Circuit organisers.

Todt wants harmony with F1's teams

Newly-elected FIA president Jean Todt says that he intends to work towards a harmonious relationship between the governing body and Formula 1's teams, but warned that they must drive down the cost of competing in the sport.

@UK

About Belgium situation you have said that this debate is for another time so I have a point of view which I reserve for that time when we have this discussion. Now about Cosworth claim to be considered as crap I like to differ because Cosworth have produces one of the most successful engines of F1 history the Ford Cosworth DFV. This is the most successful and longest serving engine in the history of F1 with 155 wins and participating in the championship from 1967(Colin Chapman's Lotus) to 1985(Tyrell). This engine wons 12 WDCs and 10 WCC titles. I hope they could bring a good engine on their return plus FiA cant ask them to detune the engine before seeing the performance of the engine for a season just like Mercedes this season.

If you want to follow pedigree then Ford and Benz are the only companies to follow because they have the real history of over 100 years and all these companies (Ferrari, Mclaren, Toyota) are nothing in front of these 2 companies history but it all depends on what I could afford what I can't. I can't understand this kind of thinking that may be people will like teams such as RedBull or Brawn in 10 or 20 years time just because they have some history behind them does people forget about Ferrari, Mclaren, Toyota who are having a long history then they have 20 years before. As for Brawn, if you consider them a not so small team this season then I am think you should not consider them a small team for future either. Because Mclaren's launching of MP4-12C is the last nail in the partnership of Mercedes and McLaren, Mercedes is pulling away from McLaren slowly and gradually and as we knows that the Mercedes/McLaren agreement will ended in 2011 then I have no doubt that the is going to end in the near future plus Mercedes have found a team who is leads by the one of the best aero engineers on the grid then have found a way of remaining in F1. Brawn needs money because whatever Honda have gives to them was not a Qaroon Ka Khazana which never ends and we even have seen the glimpse of the shortage of money during the season and Mercedes needs success and this could be a healthy partnership.

Now, something to laugh Hamilton wants a team player and I could only imagine one person to be fitting this role so I am starting a rumour that Hamilton wants Nelson to be his team mate.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry forgot to mention today is historic day for two world champions of different category of motorsports Valentino Rossi winning his 9th World title, 7th MotoGP title and Sebastian Loeb winning 6th time WRC by winning the rally of Great Britian for 6th time what a coincidence.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Point taken, bro. What i was saying about Brawn GP or Red Bull ten or twenty years from now was exactly what you are saying about Ford for example and Mercedes. It takes time to develop a brand name and it's following. It not only takes time but it requires success. Another example would be Force India. Vijay Mallya is a very rich man, he owns his own team in IPL, I think he spent the most money of his team for the first edition, he owns King Fisher Airline. He can throw a lot of money at F1 but how many outside India would be interested in his team? Yes, true that the population of his country is so much he probably does not need outside support apart from our friend Steve Slater who jumps at Force India making progress as if it was his own team. The teams I was talking about have global following, we all have a love affair with Ferrari. Ford and Cosworth were one and the same before it was sold. This is not the same Cosworth that it once was. Maybe they have made a good engine, lets hope they have for the sake of F1, but when was the last time they won anything significant in F1? I think in 1994, in what was the best car on the grid by a country mile, driven by Schumacher, the best driver on the grid and lets not talk of the things they did to win some races that season As for detuning their engine is concerned that' what crazy FIA has asked every team to do. This time they have asked each team to bring their engine to the level of the least powerful engine on the grid which ever that might be.

FIA has been on about cost cutting measures for ages now and about finding a way for people to overtake. Did we not see a lot of over taking in Brazil? Maybe more than we saw at half a dozen races put together which underlines the fact that you can still pass people even with DD diffusers on their cars and that it's all down too the driver and more importantly on the configuration of the circuit. Another example of FIA coming up with a silly idea, KERS. They made teams spend millions to develop KERS, but did not make it mandatory on all teams to use it!! What's more, their idea was that KERS would work as a boost button to help pass people, so what happens when everyone has KERS? You press the KERS button in your car and I do the same, where is the advantage? Now they are on about Green F1 and V8s or V10s or V12s, insane. Just like the stupid rule they put in about the safety car situation wherein if you made a pitstop you got a stop go penalty even if you were going to run out of fuel. I am a purist, i would like to see rule stability, racing on some of the old circuits, not have tires change mandatory. Already we will see maybe more over taking next year because of a ban on refueling. Drivers who are capable of looking after their cars and tires for longer and are which are kind to their tires will shine. F1 race being divided into two or three short sprints of 20 odd laps is gone. There are some under estimated drivers who will come to the fore next year if they have a half decent car.

Brawn GP is not or was not a small team this year. They had 12 months to make this car, the millions of Honda and four wind tunnels to help them. It is rumored to be the most expensive car made given how long they were at it and even then they had to have the DD diffuser to make them win in the first half of the season. Without the DD diffuser things might not have been as good as they turned out to be.Yes, the Honda money is gone now but what might help them next season is the rule stability to a great extent, the agreement to cut costs.

Yes the two title have been decided. Rossi has won his 7th title and Loed has won the rally of GB to win his title. About Hamilton, do you think he suspects that Raikkonen might actually be a Mclaren driver next season and that is why he is saying this stuff? because he will not want to partner Raikkonen i am sure and Piquet Jr would be a great team mate and team player indeed or why not just continue with Heikki?

SLR
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a strong doubt on Nelson Piquet Jr to be at McLaren
    If McLaren could not get Raikkonen then they will to be with Kovalainen again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Regarding Cosworth situation thats the point I am trying to put forward, we will witness another FIA rules mess next season because only engines that are competing from previous season are needed detuning, How could FIA ask Cosworth to detune a new engine whose performance is only present on dyno test and not on actual track racing. All engine's development will return to freeze as soon as the first car using them came out on track for testing so Ferrari's (F61 or F2010 or whatever), Mclaren's(MP4-25), Toyota's(TF1-10), Renault's(RS28), Williams(FW 32), RedBull's(RB6), STR's(STR5), Brawn's(BGP002),ForceIndia's(VJM-3), either of them hit the track the engine they are using is going in freeze mode immediately. The question is how could FIA says what kind of power output Cosworth will show on the track with out any track testing and when they understand it the engine freeze have come into play and then they need FOTA's approval to ask Cosworth detuning their engine because almost all the teams have join FOTA.

Heikki is not a choice for McLaren after his performance this year, specially after McLaren sort out their major problems and Hamilton have won 2 races while Heikki was not even achieve a single podium. The hilarious part about his performance is McLaren's major rival is Ferrari and they both are fighting for 3rd spot on WCC with Ferrari have problems in the early season when they have 2 competing drivers but after Massa's injury in Hungary they are one car team while McLaren have the same pair from the start of season and just look at the fact Heikki is still not able to pass Massa's point tally which are not that much just 22 points and how many races have passed after Hungary 7(including Hungary where Massa has not started the race) Heikki after 7 more race then Massa is still on 22 points and making the fight for 3rd spot in WCC almost between 2 teams with one car each. Hamilton during the same time have won 2 races and 3 podium finishes to his name.

@SLR

Bro, you have just miss the whole point of my joke, Hamilton wants a team player and if you look closely whom you think is a team player on the grid now. Rubens, Webber, Heidfeld, Kimi or Piquet jnr. Because as far as I see its only Piquet who has the courage and talent to go to any limit to help the team in any way possible(and that really means even delibrate crashing too), all other drivers are racers and they only help the team if their winning chances are so low that those are considered to be none. Plus looks like you have missed the rumours that Robert Kubica wants Heikki as his team mate next season in Renault because Heikki is his closest friend on the grid. Mercedes wants a german driver in McLaren and if McLaren don't want to end their successful partnership with some bitter memories then they could accept Heidfeld as a team mate to Hamilton. Webber is remaining in RedBull and Rubens is going to drive for Williams alongside Nico Hulkenberg as this thing is just been revealed by Hulkenberg's manager Willi Weber and I have posted the link of that news in my previous post.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets see what happens to the Formula 1 sport after Jean todt winning the Presidential election and i heard that there is some role for schumi too in future. but i pray that aerodynamics return to formula 1, todays cars look like gp and formula 3 cars.dont like a bit.....INSHALLAH aerodynamics will back soon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota to decide on Glock on Tuesday

Toyota will wait until Tuesday before deciding whether or not Timo Glock will return to the cockpit for this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Rosberg 'ready' for winning car

Nico Rosberg says his strong form with Williams this season has left him convinced he is ready to get into a race-winning car next year, amid continued speculation he is heading to Brawn GP.

Raikkonen aims to exit Ferrari on a high

Kimi Raikkonen says is hoping to end his Ferrari career on a high at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend.

Drivers must 'respect' Abu Dhabi track

Formula 1 drivers will need to treat the new Abu Dhabi track with the same respect that circuits like Spa-Francorchamps and Suzuka have, even though it does not have the same kind of classic high-speed challenges.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber expects to fight for win

Red Bull driver Mark Webber is expecting to fight for victory again in this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Final deadline passes for Donington

The Donington Park circuit appeared to move further away from its plans to host the 2010 British Grand Prix after the final deadline to sort its financial planning passed on Monday.

@UK

Whom you want to win at this weekend, because I want either Vettel or Barrichello or Kimi because they all deserve for one reason or another. Jenson should have a DNF. Vettel and Barrichello to show that they are still up for the fight and Kimi because this is his last drive for Ferrari and may be in F1 too and if he could take the 3rd position for Ferrari in WCC then it will be a moment not to forget for many F1 fans.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Interesting points you raise about the engine situation. It's yet another example of what FIA are doing and the direction it has been taken into. I think Red Bull will never switch to Cosworth. If you read the rumors suggesting Raikkonen was on his way to Red Bull, and Webber saying they, Red Bul could have Raikkonen, to replace him was meant to put pressure on Mclaren because they seem to have a veto of some sort on which team Mercedes supply engines to. By suggesting that Red Bull would take Raikkonen, and knowing Mclaren were interested in Raikkonen, Red Bull would use that as bargaining chip and give up on their offer to Raikkonen, in return Mclaren would not veto Red Bull being supplied with Mercedes engines. If that does not go through, Red Bull will stick with Renault i think. It would be silly to change what is a pretty good engine and with a refueling ban next year the Renault engine being the most economical on the grid might be a very good choice plus the Red Bull car has been designed around that engine. Why would they change so many things i do not know when in time they can become a works team if and when Renault pull out of F1. Mercedes is supplying quite a few teams and have a clear interest in Brawn GP. Red Bull will remain a customer engine if they go down that route with Mercedes engines.

Who would i like to see win in Abu Dhabi? Let's see, the first choice would obviously be Fernando AlonsoLaughing Last race for Renault who have been so good to him, his home where he won two world titles, what better way to leave them by winning the last race as a thank you minus his team mate crashing of course. Seeing that it's quite unlikely, I would say Raikkonen. Like you said, it is probably his last race in F1, and I have another interest in him winning. It might give Ferrari third in the constructors championship, a relatively better garage next year and it would mean Alonso driving car #5 next yearSmile It is unlikely though i would say. For one, the car is not fast enough. Second looking at the track and reading about it, it seems we might get a safety car or two which might make the race some what of a lottery, and thirdly this being a new track, a driver good at setting up their car quickly will be running at the front. Remember Singapore last year, new track and remember who was fastest all through different sessions till a fuel pick up problem destroyed his qualifying. Barrichello will be good too, he is very good at dialing a car in. Of the Red Bull drivers, i feeel it would be Webber and not Vettel who will have the upper hand, but the winner will be none of themSealed

A funny thing i noticed was about the link you posted saying the race is a sell out. I had looked into going for the race thinking the championship battle would come down to the wire and I will see Button lose. So i contacted Etihad people about the package they were offering but two things got in the way. One the championship was over and two Etihad flies on Saturday from here at around 8pm which means i would have missed Friday free practice, Thursday at the track and Saturday's free practice and qualifying. They contacted me before the Brazilian GP and i thought it might bee worth just watching the race but with the title fight over i gave up on the idea, but recieved this email from Etihad Airways yesterday saying dear mr so and so;

Greetings from Etihad Holidays,

Thank you for your inquiry for the F1 ETIHAD airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Please find the quotation as per availability.

Total
    AED 10500.00

Including, 03 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast, transfers, visa arrangements, and F1 Main Grand Stand ticket.

We are providing you hotel on Dubai 45 minutes drive from Yas Marina in quotation we include total transfers from airport to hotel and

Hotel to Yas Marina circuit and back to hotel during your stay. You can pay in Peshawar office we will contact with them when you finalize this package.

Please finalize by today and reply us then we can speak with Peshawar office.

Now we are not charging any deposit for visa. For visa arrangement we need your colour Passport scanned copy and 01 photo graph with white

Background. Please find attached visa form, fill up the form and send us back with passport copy.

Tickets are selling fast! In order to avoid any disappointment book now…

We do hope the above is in line with your requirement and for more details you can send emails and will get back to you.

Quotes are in UAE DIRHAMS and approximate exchange rate for PKR is 0.04425 which is subject to change

Farkhunda Anjum

Etihad Holidays

PO Box

Abu Dhabi,
    United Arab Emirates

Tel: 8002324 (Toll Free)
    Dir: +971 (2) 6177811
    Fax:+971 (2) 6326979

Email:fanjum@etihad.ae

a

www.etihadholidays.com

/a

www.etihadairways.com

The National Airline of the United Arab Emirates

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glock ruled out for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix too

Timo Glock will miss the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi, his Toyota team confirmed on Tuesday, and will again be replaced by Kamui Kobayashi.

The German driver has been forced to miss the last two races in Japan and Brazil after he cracked a vertebra in an accident during qualifying at Suzuka.

Although Toyota was hopeful Glock would be fit to compete in the final race of the season, the Japanese squad said on Tuesday that it did not want to take risks and so Kobayashi will race again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso: Renault exit will be emotional

Fernando Alonso is aiming for a great result at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, in what the Spaniard says it will be an emotional farewell.

The two-time champion is competing with Renault for the final time before he moves to the Ferrari team, where Alonso is hoping to finish his career.

The Spanish driver, who won his two titles with Renault in 2005 and 2006, admits it will be an emotional final race in Abu Dhabi this weekend.

"Absolutely, I would love to finish the season and my Renault career with a great result," said Alonso. "It will be an emotional race because I have enjoyed so many special memories with this team and I am leaving behind a lot of friends.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Force India has 'exceeded expectations'

Force India boss Vijay Mallya says his team has exceeded its own expectations this season, and is now aiming to be solidly in the midfield next year.

New Abu Dhabi barriers bring action closer

F1's newest circuit features notably less run-off than at many of the sport's other modern venues.

Hakkinen advises McLaren to keep Kovalainen

Former McLaren racer Mika Hakkinen has expressed surprise that the Woking-based team is on the search for a new driver. The Mercedes-powered team, driven by Hakkinen to back to back championships in 1998 and 1999, is openly contemplating a new team-mate for Lewis Hamilton.

Mercedes meetings scheduled in Abu Dhabi

Daimler and Mercedes chief Dr. Dieter Zetsche will travel to Abu Dhabi this week for the last race of the season. Auto Motor und Sport and Motorsport Aktuell claim he will head talks regarding Mercedes' plans for 2010 and beyond.

@UK

These are drivers who we see most likely last time in a F1 race, Kimi Raikkonen(I hope not), Kazuki Nakajima(as Williams Toyota partnership ends after this race), Giancarlo Fisichella(becomes a Test driver for Ferrari), Jarno Trulli(until now is told to hold his decision about his future by Toyota management). Kimi is my first choice for the win but you are right if Renault are able to put a good setup on Alonso's car he will be able to challenge for the win.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Kimi Raikkonen should take the Toyota offer and not make demands which don't sit well with someone as unmotivated as him. After being shown the door at Ferrari, and in a way which i find quite insulting, to pay him all his money and say please leave us, leave us and go where ever you want because we need someone else. After that, for him to say he will only drive a race winning car and make crazy demands from Toyota is really silly. What ever is left of his reputation he is destroying that too. He is not the most sort after driver in F1. Gone are the days when people bought into the Kimi "hype" much like Ferrari did and he's done $h*t there nothing more. If he stays that will be okay if not it won't be any big loss for Formula 1. Hopefully you are right about losing Nakajima but not before he and the Toyota driver hit the wall at Abu Dhabi on their way out of the pits and block the pitlane

You know who the winner will be in Abu Dhabi, yes exactly, the guy all of us love to hate. It's a KERS circut.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ten facts about Abu Dhabi

This weekend's inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix marks an exciting new chapter for Formula 1 - with a state-of-the-art facility set to raise the benchmark for grand prix venues.

The new Yas Marina circuit features the longest straight on the Formula 1 calendar. It stretches for 1.2 kilometres.

The end of that straight is also unique - as it features a run-off area that extends below the West Grandstand. Cars spinning off will therefore carry on underneath the spectators.

Abu Dhabi is proud to boast that every single grandstand seat at the track is covered – a first for a Formula 1 circuit.

The pitlane exit is the only underground one on the calendar. After leaving the pits, the drivers descend into a tunnel that turns 90 degrees left and runs underneath the track after Turn 1.

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will be Formula 1's first day-night race. The event starts in twilight at 5pm and will finish at night – although the track will be illuminated by floodlights.

The track runs underneath the posh five-star Yas Hotel – which will be lit for much of the Abu Dhabi weekend.

More than 14,000 staff worked on creating the new Yas Marina circuit from scratch in February 2007. It took them a total of 35 million man hours to complete the track.

Race organisers have gone out of their way to make sure the teams are comfortable – by installing air-conditioned pit buildings for the mechanics

There is a nice bit of number symmetry to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. It will be 55 laps around a 5.55 kilometre track.

The corporate blue branding of the Yas Marina circuit has been chosen because it matches the colour of the local water.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Berro named Lotus motorsport director

Lotus has appointed Claudio Berro as its new Director of Motorsport, ahead of the sportscar marque's return to Formula 1 next year.

Button aiming to end season in style

World champion Jenson Button says his sights are set on ending the season in style in Abu Dhabi this weekend, even though he has already wrapped up the title.

Whitmarsh: F1 needs British GP

Formula 1 would suffer huge damage if the British Grand Prix is lost from next year's calendar, claims McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh.

Renault signs first sponsor since scandal

Renault has signed its first sponsor since being involved in the race-fixing controversy, after announcing a tie-up with Dutch watchmaker TW Steel on Wednesday.

McLaren aims for strong finish

McLaren is aiming to leave this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as "winner of the second half of the season," according to team principal Martin Whitmarsh.

Todt vows to push for French GP revival

Jean Todt has confirmed that he will support France's efforts to return to the F1 calendar.

Campos joins team alliance

The logo of an 11th member has been added to the official website of the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA).

Todt plays down potential FIA – Ferrari rift

Jean Todt has played down reports his new relationship with Ferrari might be a strained one.

Whitmarsh on the Max Mosley legacy

While relations between the Formula One Teams’ Association (FOTA) members and the FIA has been strained this year, McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh has given credit to Max Mosley’s role in safety gains during the early stages of his presidency, and more recently his role in helping bring down costs of competition.

McLaren pledge Sauber support

While there seems to be a general consensus that 14 teams in Formula One is too many for the current infrastructure, McLaren Mercedes is keen to see the current BMW Sauber team continue in the sport next season.

And now something to laugh Mercedes Ad in which they are congratulating Brawn and Button for winning WCC and WDC and a message to McLaren. Also they have appreciate Hamilton's last year title winning efforts too.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1010155

First 2 lines translation is
    "Do it like BRAWN GP - use only original Mercedes Benz parts!"

then congratulation to Hamilton and Button with this "Two drivers, two titles, one engine!"
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The $130m salary bill

A survey, completed by Arabian Business.com has revealed that drivers this year earned in the region of US $130m between them. While some of the figures are generally well documented, the report claims that 2007 world champion Kimi Raikkonen pulled in an astonishing $45m, or 35% of the total for the whole field.

Raikkonen of course is not racing with Ferrari in 2010, his contract ending a year earlier than scheduled. While the precise figures are not known, it is almost certain that the Italian team are paying the Finn handsomely not to race for the team next season. This could help explain why Toyota, who has publically admitted that they have made Raikkonen an offer for next season, has now backed off at the pay demands required to secure his services.

Lewis Hamilton is about to complete the second season of his five-year McLaren Mercedes contract and earns a reported $18m with Fernando Alonso next up on $15m this year with Renault. The 2005/6 champion is off to Ferrari next season, despite agreeing a two-year deal to remain with the Anglo-French team in December 2008.

Jenson Button we know took a pay cut from a rumoured $12m in 2008 and is listed this year at $5m with the championship winning Brawn Mercedes team. Other notables include Brawn team-mate Rubens Barrichello on $1m, while team-backed drivers such as Romain Grosjean and Kazuki Nakajima are not actually paid to race – although one assumes they get something in kind for their efforts.

As ever, the figures are all but impossible to verify, but it still makes interesting reading...

2009 driver salaries – US $ (m)

1 .

K. Raikkonen
    - Ferrari F60 -

2 .

L. Hamilton
    - McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 -

3 .

F. Alonso
    - Renault R29 -

4 .

N. Rosberg
    - Williams Toyota FW31 -

5 .

F. Massa
    - Ferrari F60 -

6 .

J. Trulli
    - Toyota TF109 -

7 .

S. Vettel
    - Red Bull Renault RB5 -

8 .

M. Webber
    - Red Bull Renault RB5 -

9 .

J. Button
    - Brawn Mercedes BGP 001 -

10 .

R. Kubica
    - BMW Sauber F1.09 -

11 .

H. Kovalainen
    - McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 -

12 .

N. Heidfeld
    - BMW Sauber F1.09 -

13 .

G. Fisichella
    - Ferrari F60 -

14 .

S. Buemi
    - Toro Rosso Ferrari STR4 -

15 .

R. Barrichello
    - Brawn Mercedes BGP 001 -

16 .

J. Alguersuari
    - Toro Rosso Ferrari STR4 -

17 .

A. Sutil
    - Force India Mercedes VJM02 -

18 .

K. Nakajima
    - Williams Toyota FW31 -

19 .

V. Liuzzi
    - Force India Mercedes VJM02 -

20 .

R. Grosjean
    - Renault R29 -

Earl ALEXANDER
    © CAPSIS International

There are some mistakes but still it will give us a rough idea of the salaries F1 drivers are getting.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List