3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar
    we have to wait for some of the other members for the decision of PFL because some of the members like comtrak, sub7er, kizzi have not replied on that matter.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar_begi

I am not going to go into the details of what services you provide on hourly bases Sounds fishy to me, but good on you mate. Suck their blood and guide them to the right path, i.e. insolvency.

There`s a lot of passion in your words when it comes to Danica Patrick. You sure it`s nothing else except dislike of the diminutive one? I feel there is more to it than meets the eye:p She would be good publicity for F1 if she ever arrived although if Tony George stops doing cocaine for a day or two he will make sure she never leaves IRL, and yes, she would embarrass herself. Have seen a couple of races where she retired from the race after making contact with another driver and tried to storm into his pit garage etc. F1 could do with that kinda circus.

Now all that is left for you to do is to open a web page with Raikkonen`s picture on it and apologize to him for comparing him to Afridi. That in my book is the ultimate insult.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Sir, i agree with you about waiting for some of the others who were regulars , and have their input but we can always play two games incase most decide to play one of those games with a fixed budget where you pick an engine, a chassis and two drivers.
    Here is my magic formula for that game. Pick Renault as your engine, thats four cars. Two works Renault and two in Red Bull. Having picked Renault, there is no need to pick Alonso, as Renault will sore points for you. Pick Kubica to cover the BMW threat as your lead driver, and pick the Red Bull chassis if possible. Pick Vettel as your second driver if the budget allows you or settle for Nico Roseberg and you `ll do pretty good . If you want to take the Ferrari route you can do that too. They are with two teams and in that case you don`t have to pick Raikkonen as your lead driver or you could do the same with Mercedes.
    It`s just that kinda stuff that makes me not wanna play a game where you will be stuck with one driver, one chassis, one engine for an entire season.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Looks like you have been fed up of our "Glamour Hero" as for Kimi I feel Ferrari has done something bad for his driving abilities because Ferrari cars so flexible that different drivers easily use them. Kimi was aggressive when he was in Mclaren, he use to dash in the chicanes and corners on track while in Ferrari his ability of dashing in the corners has gone because of Ferrari cars flexibility and I hate that.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well my use of afridi with reference to kimi was more metaphorical than an outright comparison. At that moment in time I couldn't think of a better example for volatility.

As for your observation on the emotions with which I vented on the topic of danica patrick coming into F1... well hey listen I am all for her becoming a sports illustrated model full time but the stuff she has done in the past like comparing herself to some of the greats and saying she could do it simply because she was a woman sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Its like when Venus williams had said she could beat the mens world number 1 and then was defeated by world number 170 (or something) in two straight sets... I dont know perhaps the gentleman dost protest too much...

So when is the registration on the yahoo F1 fantasy league?
    “I can't really imagine life without Formula One,” - Michael Schumacher

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I have been fed up with him for years now. Anyway now that i have stopped watching cricket altogether for the past couple of years i don`t know what Afridi has been doing.

As for KImi, he might well turn up this year and blitz the entire field if the car is half decent. As for his driving style and Ferrari, it might not have suited him but you expect a good driver to be able to change that. Adopt his driving style and work with the team to make the car work more the way he likes it.

@beglar_begi

She`s been there and done that:-) She`d argue she needs a new challenge , lol. Jenson Button seldom says anything i read but he was asked about women driving in F1 back in 2005 and he had some things to say which cannot be posted here.

I checked the yahoo fantasy league page yesterday and they haven't started registration for `09 yet. Guess it will start in the first week of March as the season starts quite late this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Winter Guessing Game

PF1's guide to who has impressed in testing this winter, and who appears to be struggling. Please note: all entries proceed with the qualification: 'Pre-season testing is a guessing game, but...'

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...927038,00.html

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    Adopting the car is the problem here because Ferrari is so good in making cars towards the drivers liking that driver have sometimes just wink and car respond it equally. All other teams develop car with their needs and don't take driver's opinion in the early phase.eg is the side view mirrors all the cars have their mirrors along side the cockpit while Ferrari have its on the outside of the radiator air intakes and this is been done on the request of Michael Schumacher.
    As for the PF1 guide a good thing to read but what Force India is waiting

FORCE INDIA
    Reasons To Be Positive: Nothing has gone wrong yet.

Reasons To Be Worried: ...Because they haven't launched yet. Owner Vijay Mallya is talking prudence, while Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil will only have two prolonged tests before the season starts - far from ideal considering the team, in their own words, have taken on "quite a major undertaking in effectively redesigning quite a bit of the car" since November to assimilate a brand new Mercedes engine and a gearbox supplied by McLaren.

Anything better than a disaster at the end of the March would be relatively impressive...

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

When can we start registering our teams on Y! ?

I think if we start early this season, we can gather some more members. But, lets make our rules for this season.

No multiple teams
    Names of two teams can't be same
    No Team can be named Pakwheels
    Teams idle for 3 races will be deleted
    etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nightsurfer

waiting for that
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ns

the rules sound fine... its gonna be a good year I feel...

By the by turns out virgin is in talks for Honda... wouldnt that be something. Button's F1 career would be saved more than anything else if that deal goes through.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this time for sure more ups and downs will come....
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar
    Is it not too late for anyone to start developing the new car or is it only the sponsor trouble Honda was facing. On a lighter side either Button's career is about to be saved or you could find a new client who needs your help from saving bankcorruptsy.
    @NS
    What we have to do for registration of PFL on yahoo because I think all last years team is still present and their is no new registration date have been added on the fantasy page.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

No I think Honda simply got out of F1 to be prudent more than anything else... I think who ever buys Honda (which is on sale for 1 pound sterling) gets whatever car that was under development and they get Rossy... Honda is saying it would really prefer that the team formerly known as Honda F1 does race in 2k9... whoever takes over has to prove liquidity and they have to do so quickly because apparently mclaren will be the engine supplier and they have set a deadline by which time the team has to prove their finances in order to purchase two engines...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yahoo fantasy F1 league registration for 2009 has not started yet. They will probably launch it in early march. We have time before that to sort out our rules like NS suggested. Anyone else got any ideas?

Honda is screwed or whatever that team will be if it makes it to F1. They will get one or two tests at most if lucky, and with in-season testing ban they should be fighting for the wooden spoon with force India.
    Honda left F1 not because they had to, but simply because they wanted to leave. The results were not coming and left with Button and Rubens( who i like a lot ) they felt there was no point pumping in another quarter of a million for yet another season with little reward.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@beglar
    when Mclaren start providing engines I think they have their engines from other companies, how they could provide engine to another team.
    @UK
    Honda are a bit stupid because when the time comes to prove they leave the sport. As for the rules of PFL I think NS have put the basic rules altogather in one go which are good and if you want to put some more please go ahead.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We will create a separate thread just like last season once the registration starts. We can request the Mods to make it sticky for a day or two, so that more people can join in.

I have no news of the rest of the gang. @comtrak I know, has moved to Dubai and is busy feeling the handling of his new job. @kizzi is also busy these days with his family. No news of @sub7er.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius

Honda could not compete with Button and Rubens against the quality of drivers the other top teams have. Once the Alonso deal didnt go through they were left with little hope of landing a top driver in near future.

@NS

Seems it will be the usual suspects from last season. We might start off with a lot of people but in the end it will be the few who were still active at the end of `08. I don`t know how we can make sure people don`t enter more than one team.
    We should make the rules clear on the thread we start like the one we had in `08 especially telling people about the four race limit per driver and team.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NS
    if you have their email address just email them and ask them about the matter.
    @UK
    I could agree on that but this season could offer them some thing good and they could prove they have the potential to becoming a challenging team for the top runners.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Heidfeld: overtaking should be easier in 2009

After sampling the BMW Sauber in dry conditions for the first time at last week’s Bahrain test, Nick Heidfeld believes overtaking should be easier during the 2009 season, thanks to this year’s revised aerodynamic regulations.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/2/8952.html
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

User Tag List