0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default toyota diesel engines

i hav a question frndz:dont you think toyota diesel engines are one of the best in the world for power reliability and durability.is there any competitor?????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think we need someone to "FLi" in...

But Toyota is the first to make an aluminum block diesel engine with low compression...a truly amazing feat.

Now, about German Engineering, Mr. Spectra. The Germans choose to make very sturdy products, here you are right, BUT, and it is a big German BUTT, they also charge for it. Their efficiencies on the manufacturing, design and logistics side are not as good as the Japanese, or even the Americans. I have humbled many a German Engineer, and I'm just an average guy. The Germans make very 'durable' cars, the Japanese very 'reliable' ones...Meaning German cars are tougher and can last longer, but with more frequent visits to the repair shop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here in uk u hardly see any toyota diesel car almost all of them r german or from other europen countries i my self been driving a renault megane 1.5dci and renault scienic 1.9dci for more than a year now both excelent engines in prformance and reliability... u guys might not believe it that the service intervals on these engines is 18000 miles yes 18000 miles no need to change oil for 18000miles which is roughly 3200km i guess i have done 25000 miles on my megane and 12000 miles on my scienic without any problems and both cars on motorway with 5 passengers can do more than 100mph easily .
    "Hakuna Matata"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The European regulations for new heavy-duty diesel engines are commonly referred to as Euro I ... V. The Euro I standards for medium and heavy-duty engines were introduced in 1992. The Euro II regulations came to power in 1996. These standards applied to both heavy-duty highway diesel engines and urban buses. The urban bus standards, however were voluntary.

In 1999, the European Parliament and the Council of Environment Ministers adopted the final Euro III standard (Directive 1999/96/EC of December 13, 1999, amending the Heavy Duty Diesel emissions Directive 88/77/EEC) and also adopted Euro IV and V standards for the year 2005/2008. The standards also set specific, stricter values for extra low emission vehicles (also known as "enhanced environmentally friendly vehicles" or EEVs) in view of their contribution to reducing atmospheric pollution in cities.

In April 2001, the European Commission adopted Directive 2001/27/EC which introduced further amendments to Directive 88/77/EEC. The new Directive prohibits the use of emission "defeat devices" and "irrational" emission control strategies, which would be reducing the efficiency of emission control systems when vehicles operate under normal driving conditions to levels below those determined during the emission testing procedure.

It is expected that the emission limit values set for 2005 and 2008 will require all new diesel-powered heavy duty vehicles to be fitted with exhaust gas aftertreatment devices, such as particulate traps and DeNOx catalysts. The 2008 NOx standard will be reviewed by December 31, 2002 and either confirmed or modified, depending on the available emission control technology.

Changes in the engine test cycles have been introduced in the Euro III standard (year 2000). The old steady-state engine test cycle ECE R-49 will be replaced by two cycles: a stationary cycle ESC (European Stationary Cycle) and a transient cycle ETC (European Transient Cycle). Smoke opacity is measured on the ELR (European Load Response) test.

For the type approval of new vehicles with diesel engines according to the Euro III standard (year 2000), manufacturers have the choice between either of these tests. For type approval according to the Euro IV (year 2005) limit values and for EEVs, the emissions have to be determined on both the ETC and the ESC/ELR tests.

EU Member States will be allowed to use tax incentives in order to speed up the marketing of vehicles meeting the new standards. Such incentives have to comply with the following conditions:

they apply to all new vehicles offered for sale on the market of a Member State which comply in advance with the mandatory limit values set out by the Directive,
    they cease when the new limit values come into effect (i.e. in 2000, 2005 or 2008)
    for each type of vehicle they do not exceed the additional cost of the technical solutions introduced to ensure compliance with the limit values.
    A new proposal, to be submitted by the European Commission by 31 December 2000, should include:

rules pertaining to the introduction of an on-board diagnostic system (OBD) for heavy-duty vehicles from October 1, 2005 (similarly as provided for in Directive 98/69/EC on the reduction of exhaust emissions from passenger cars and light commercial vehicles),
    provisions on the durability of emission control devices with effect from October 1, 2005 (to ensure that they operate correctly during the normal life of a vehicle),
    provisions to ensure the conformity of in-service vehicles which are properly maintained and used,
    appropriate limits for pollutants currently non-regulated as a consequence of the widespread introduction of new alternative fuels.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Europe Rules
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Motown
    Sir i have no bone to argue with you on engineering, my applogies.
    I just share my thoughts. I have used Nissan with Diesel engine and i am a big fan of Torquey diesels, thats it.
    Maybe we dont get the best of JApanese engineering here in Pakistan, thats why my knowledge is very limited.

ALso Germans being more durable with more visits to the shop is true but one dont mind taking a Merc or Meamer for maintenance frequently because these brands do carry prestige.

But if we have to take a Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda or Mitubishi to shop frequently we do feel bad because these are supposed to be good runabouts and brand prestige is not there. i hope u got my point.

I recently inspected in detail tha Nissan X Trial SUV. I think it has a gem of an engine. Virtualy noiseless, Euro III compliant, decent acceleration and amazing Torque. I found it better then Toyota Hilux 4x4(Vigo as we call it here)
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra...chill out, my friend. It is almost impossible to offend me, and I like a healthy argument from time to time, we all learn from it as long as we mean well...You have some good points, and please, you do not have to aplogize to me, okay?

(If anything, MY knowledge is limited, as 99.786 of my car info about Pakistan is from PakWheels...That's pretty sad, wouldn't you say?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Motown
    i hope we can add something for you here on Pakwheels?

Any plans to visit Pakistan in near Future? As u can see, A lot is happening as Meetings and Get Togethers, your presence in any of them will be an Honour for us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra
    The honor would be mine, and yes, I am planning to come in February. I am meeting with Feroz Khan. It was December, then January...lol.

But I would really like to get a forum together with the sincere Pakwheels members to talk about my plans. I could sponsor a dinner meeting in Karachi and could use some help from you guys to coordinate. I'll pick up the tab, but I need people who are serious. The price of a nice dinner would be a small investment for the knowledge I would gain.

Are you, or someone you know interested in coordinating this for me?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MotownMadman

sure boss as a team we are alwayz there for ya
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am on board sir. do contact me when ur here. My number is available at many posts here on PW

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Motown
    1st off proud to be associated with you as Pakistani, I am honored!

It would be pleasure to meet you if the given the oppurtunity. Please do let us know when you finalise your plans to come to Pak. I might also try to drop by, Inshallah. It would be nice to see that your not ghost and a real person with serious thoughts, unlike others (Entwicklung). Who promised big things but have dissappeared from the face of the earth.

Maybe I might even convince some of my friends who are Aerospace Engineers at Honeywell to com along with me So please do let me know in Advance, pls.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow racer with some aero engineers