Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Student Driving License Query (KSA)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Student Driving License Query (KSA)

salam guyz

currently i am trying to get a driving license

got the certificate from school

and everything else

only poroblem is that one of my friends who is 16 went and they said the person has to 17 years old?

but what i have heard is that a person has to be 16 years old?

so basically my question is that what is the minimum AGE limit for obtaining a driving license?

thanks

UsMaN
    Everyone thinks of changing the world/country.No one thinks of changing themselves.
    If someone says that they have never made a mistake in their life, this shows that they haven't tried anything new-Albert......Chevy for life!!

Still not liking the Forum page as well as the Front page.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why dont u check the KSA national website for rules and regulations
    People need not be told what and how to do,
    They need to do it themselves to know if they are doing it right or not !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you need liscence in KSA then follow their rules. But if you need driving liscence in Pakistan then NO PROBLEM...Just agent ko paisay doo and he will take all your pain ...Simple..
    SEO, SEM and Internet Marketing Evangelist

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman khawaji
    SIR JEE
    main to rules follow kar raha hoon bas aik chota sa sawal hai minimum age limit kiya hai...?
    agar kisi ko pata hai to bata do

dont wanna go to the driving school and ask as it is very difficult
    asking out saudia members
    Everyone thinks of changing the world/country.No one thinks of changing themselves.
    If someone says that they have never made a mistake in their life, this shows that they haven't tried anything new-Albert......Chevy for life!!

Still not liking the Forum page as well as the Front page.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can drive in Saudi on an International Driving License and some national licenses for up to three months, after this you need a Saudi license. Some licences, including those from the UK and US, are convertible to a Saudi licence without a driving test.

The application procedure for a Saudi driving licence is as follows:

Obtain a translation of your Driving License. This is not the same as the attestation before, but merely the “Driving License Office” (DLO) translation for them to “certify” it is fine.

Obtain a green hanging file folder (yes, this is essential!). Without this your application will fail! Into this, insert your translation, a further company letter, a copy of you license, a copy of your Iqama and the ubiquitous application form.

Take this to the DLO and take a blood test – this is marked on your license, and an eye test - both these tests will get you a stamp on the form to say they are completed. If the application is successful, pay your fee and collect your license.

NOTE 1: YOU CANNOT GET YOUR PERMANENT DRIVING LICENSE WITHOUT YOUR IQAMA.

NOTE 2: YOU CANNOT (OFFICIALLY) OWN A 4X4 VEHICLE WITHOUT A FAMILY IQAMA (But, there are ways around everything!)

Visitors with a valid driver's license from many countries, or those with international driver's licenses, are allowed to drive in the Kingdom. Residents and expatriates, however, are required to obtain Saudi driver's licenses.
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tabletbody

table
    tbody

The adventure of getting a driving license in Saudi Arabia

Student Driving License Query (KSA) - pdf button
    Student Driving License Query (KSA) - printButton
    Student Driving License Query (KSA) - emailButton

/tbody
    /table
    form action=http://www.wbitt.com/index.php/blog-rants-and-rumblings/37-blog-articles/74-the-adventure-of-getting-a-driving-license-in-saudi-arabia" enctype=application/x-www-form-urlencoded" method=post"
    User Rating:Student Driving License Query (KSA) - rating starStudent Driving License Query (KSA) - rating starStudent Driving License Query (KSA) - rating starStudent Driving License Query (KSA) - rating starStudent Driving License Query (KSA) - rating star / 38

Poorinput type=radio" value=1" /input type=radio" value=2" /input type=radio" value=3" /input type=radio" value=4" /input checked=checked" type=radio" value=5" /Best input type=submit" value=Rate" /input type=hidden" value=vote" /input type=hidden" value=com_content" /input type=hidden" value=74" /input type=hidden" value=http://www.wbitt.com/index.php/blog-rants-and-rumblings/37-blog-articles/74-the-adventure-of-getting-a-driving-license-in-saudi-arabia" /
    /form
    table
    tbody

Written by Muhammad Kamran Azeem

This article is written by my friend Sheikhk Javed, from Haiderabad, India, working with us , here in Saudi Aramco.

Let me share with you all the experience I had while obtaining a Car driver's license. I

mentioned it as a means of survival because its best way to beat boredom in the Kingdom. Driving

a car here gives you pleasure and most importantly it gives you a sense of pride of owning a car

which you can't even think of buying it back home in Asia.

After my company got me the Iqama (Resident permit), I requested them for a letter with

the chamber of commerce attestation stamp on it to apply for the driving license. My company

charged SAR 25 for it. Then I got the checklist of all the documents to carry to the driving

school. I gave my test in Dammam, so these details are specific to Dammam Driving School. I am

not aware of the procedures followed in other cities here.

I had to carry the following documents:

1. li value=0"

Iqama

/li
      li value=0"

Iqama copy

/li
      li value=0"

Letter of sponsor with the chamber of commerce attestation

/li
      li value=0"

Photocopy of the passport

/li
      li value=0"

10 color passport size photographs (preferably with a white background)

/li
      li value=0"

Original Driver's License (In my case Indian License)

/li
      li value=0"

Medical report

/li

The driving school opens at 7.30 am here so try to make it early. The Driving school is

on the Khobar - Dammam highway. You can reach there by SAPTCO bus either ways or you can take a

taxi. As you enter the driving school, enter the building on your right hand side. You are

immediately mobbed by Arabic brokers as you enter the door. They spoke something to me and I

ended up paying SAR 100 even before getting the form. So please avoid them and I will let you

know why I paid SAR 100 later. As you are in the building there are two doors, one to your right

and one on your left. Please enter the room on your right hand side and you will find a big hall

with three doors on your left. You first have to enter the last door on your left as you enter

the hall. Here they issue forms to fill in for new or expired licenses. Please collect one form

and look for someone who speaks and writes Arabic and English. Usually companies are obliged to

send a Saudi along with you to complete the formalities but my company did not so I had a tough

time there. If you go along with a Saudi then it’s all simple. So I took a form and met this

broker who first spoke to me in English and offered to pay the License fees using his phone.

Believe me, a well educated person turns out to be an illiterate in this Driving school. After

having made this amazing discovery, I agreed to pay the License fee which was SAR 75 and SAR 25

was his service fees. I then asked him to fill in the form in Arabic for which he charged SAR

10. While filling in the form they don’t write in the blood group, so if any one of you are

getting your forms filled make sure that you write in your Blood group.

Please do not pay the license fees until the day you get the driver's license. The fees can be

paid at Riyad bank and they charge SAR 75. I am told that the fee has gone up to SAR 400 now. So

please check before you pay. You have to give them your iqama no. and they will credit the money

to your iqama and get the receipt.

Then purchase a green colored file (must) from a Sudani who has set up a small

establishment in the driving school in the left door as you enter the building. You have to file

in all the documents in that green file only which costs SAR 5. Now this guy also translates

the License in Arabic, if you have a license other than that of GCC countries. In my case he

translated my Indian Driving License for SAR 45. Please get the translation done somewhere else

as it will cost you SAR 15 - 20. The benefit of having a license from your country is that you

can save SAR 400 of not attending the driving classes. You can save money only if your driving

license is in the form of a card and not a book. If it’s a book you will still have to go through

the driving classes. I strongly advise you to perfect your driving skills from your friends or

your relatives as you will learn nothing in the driving school. In khobar, they only look for

how you park your car and nothing else.

It was 7.40 a.m. and as I looked at the boards it was all in Arabic except for one board

there which had the checklist of the documents one has to have printed in English. Fill in the

form, file it and then submit it at the same counter. Here's the tricky part, the police officer

will ask you in Arabic to look into an instrument which tests your vision. He basically asks

which direction is the letter 'E' facing and its usually facing downwards. Since I didn’t

understand Arabic, I looked around for help but nobody even spoke to me so I started reading out

all the English letters and the furious police officer mentioned it in the papers that I have to

go through the Medical test. When I turned back, two Indians who were watching me told me that

"the police officer was asking you which direction the letter 'E' was facing". Now, I really

felt bad as theses guys being Indians did not help me and instead watched me go through an

embarrassing situation. If you answer the officer's question correct, he will sign the papers

and then you can go to the counter in the opposite hall to pay for the driving test. Since I

failed the so called vision test, I had to pay SAR 50 for the vision test. Well this guy did

nothing except that he spoke in English and I answered all the questions right. He signed the

papers and then forwarded me to the blood test room, I got my blood test done and this guy

charged me SAR 35 and informed me that my blood group was A+ which I already knew since birth.

So after getting the medical report I took them back to the officer and he signed the papers.

I then moved to the hall in the opposite side and paid SAR 100 for the driving test and

also gave him 4 pictures. He gave me a receipt along with the Traffic signals chart and I filed

in all the documents i.e. the iqama copy, passport copy, Arabic translation papers of the

license, the license form, attested letter from sponsor and also the medical test report.

I then moved to the driving test area and gave my file to the instructor and he asked me

to come the next morning at 6 to give the test and he kept the file with him. I came back in the

evening with one of my friends and practiced parking the car. Please bear in mind that while

parking you will have to look in all the rear view mirrors and occasionally turn your head back

and also put on your seat belts not only for the test but also while driving.

The day dawned and my friend got one car to give the test on it as it would speed up the

process. You can get your car but of course don’t drive it to the school, you can drive it only in

the test area. The benefit of getting your own car is that you don’t have to wait in long queues.

If you choose to use their car you will have to queue up early in the morning around 4 or 5

otherwise wait in the scorching heat to get your turn. By default it’s a Saudi who gets the

chance first and then expats. As they open the gates at 6 am you will have to rush and search

for your file and queue up. Saudis have a separate queue and Expats have a different queue. I

drove in with my car followed the other Saudis, please do not smoke or chew gums as other Saudis

do, use indicators, and stop when you are shown the signal. The important thing is to reverse

your car and park it. Turn on the hazard lights and slowly and carefully reverse your car and

keep the car in a straight line. The examiner there will tell you which box no. you will have to

park the car. There are five boxes where you can park your car. The boxes are bordered with

plastic cones, please ensure that your car doesn’t touch any of the cones and the car should be

within the white box. After parking the car, just wait for the instructor's signal to get your

car out. If you follow all the rules you will pass. Please be patient and don’t be in a hurry as

you will end up spending more money if you fail. If you pass you will get your file back and you

will have to go to a class in the same registration building, however you will have to go inside

the hall and wait for your turn for the Traffic Signal test. They open at 7.30 am. When I was

there for the test the computer test was non functional so they conducted an oral test. There

will be a lot of pushing and jostling to get inside the room so be prepared.

Please memorize all the signs as they will be useful for the test and also when driving.

You will be called in turns and most of them clear this test. They will ask you to wait in the

registration hall to give you the file back. When I finished the test I sat in the hall for over

3 hours and there was no sign of the file returned to me at all. They told us that the officer who

signs the files was absent and we will have to come the other day.

I came the next morning and got my file. Now you will have to come another day to get

your license. This is the D Day as Expats queue up on the roads as early as 4 am to get the

coupons which the authorities issue in limited numbers. They issue 200 coupons each day and 1/4th

given to the expats and 3/4th to the Saudis. I was late as usual and was there at 7.20 am and

saw a HUGE crowd standing in front of the closed doors. Again Saudis have a different queue and

Expats follow a different queue. I tried to get in one of the queues but could not manage to get

in any so I stood in a corner as I was getting furious looks from people who were standing in the

queues since morning. As the doors opened at 7.30 am everybody tried to rush in and pushed each

other. The person who opened the door had a tough time managing everybody. He first allowed

Saudis followed by expats. A minor scuffle occurred at the doors and as everybody pushed in I

just went close to look at what was happening and a few Saudis pushed me into the room. A

gesture which I will be thankful for as I never imagined to get through that rush. The other

expats who were here since morning told me that I was lucky and I said I did nothing as somebody

pushed me inside. Well even here expats have a separate queue. Another scuffle occurred among the

saudis so the authorities stopped issuing the coupons to the Saudis and issued the remaining

coupons to the expats. It was the luckiest moment for all the expats as more than 100 people got

the coupons for receiving the license.

Then comes the test for patience. The server was down and the authorities did nothing

about it except wait till they were back up. There are 5 - 6 counters and I got my turn at 1.30

pm. You will have to submit the file at the counter and hand over the coupon. If you have you

iqama as a card you don’t need to submit a photo, if you have your iqama as a book you will have

to submit 2 passport photos with WHITE background. They will ask for the receipt of SAR 75 which

you paid for the license or if you have already paid it through mobile, you don’t need to give

anything. A wait for 10 more minutes and they will hand you over the card to freedom in the

Kingdom.

I hope that you all will find my article useful, of course its a bit lengthy but I put

in all my experience along with it so that you don’t make the mistakes which I did. Please drive

safe and always put on your seat belts.

/tbody
    /table

/tbody
    /table
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

WTF!!!!!!!^^^^^^^
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hummm kool
    managerz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

18 years.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro its a very long process....
    And in a country like ksa rules r different fer different people..
    I culdnt bother to read ^^^^^^ the whole story !!!!!!!!....
    Nywayz i got mine when i waz 16...may be rules were different at that time !!!!!

It may have something to do with seeing the Mercedes star on the hood guiding the way, the Benz specific solid feel, the Power, the Looks, the Prestige, but whatever it is, its intoxicating!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam . . .

i got my Saudi License last year in december.I had my Indian permanent license with corect D.O.B and name(correct name and date bcoz it gets translated and a akhama copy is attached with it ) if it is same it would be easy or they will ask stupid questions. u need a blood test report attached with the traslation and akhama copy in a green folder and then comes the eye test and a 1 hr theory class that u have to sit and attend. then u have to give the theory xam.after u attend the theory xam they will send u for the practical which u have to give then u get ur license.for the license u need to have finger prints in jawazaat . . . i didnt have my finger prints recorded so it took me 2 days xtra 1 day for the finger print and another just to go and get the license. the whole process took me 3 days. and i got my license . it would be good if u go with a saudi as i went with a saudi(my dads friend). he took me and talked to everyone the language barrier was solved and the officials at the license office will give saudis first preferance so that helped me save some time .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my learner driving license (Tasreeh as it is called in Arabic) back in January 2000.Back then you need to be 17 to get it. Don't know whether the requirement has been changed or not? The experiences shared by Protege's Indian friend somewhat relate to mine as well. But since I knew driving, i only spend one day in the practice area. Being January, it wa fun to sit in the cold at 7:30 am for the practice and finally the test. Alhamdulillah cleared the test in the first attempt.

It's an experience that you'll always cherish..............
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@usman
    yaar u can get the liscence at 18 years of age.... at ur iqama and tasreeeh which is the student liscence is now no longer issued... and u have to go to DALLA TOWER.... i hope u have it in Khobar... but please wait for 2 years...and before applying get the pakistani liscence with u first so its better for u ... long procedure can become short as INDECENTBOYZ did it for himself... ok bro i hope u got it...

and yea one last thing.... i still dont applied for the liscence where as i m 21 but this i m will apply for liscence when i will take my pakistani liscence with me to jeddah
    My Rides:
    1.Toyota Corolla 2008
    2.Toyota Vitz 2002
    3.Cheverolet Caprice 1988

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List