Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Automatic transmission Vs Manual transmission!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Automatic transmission Vs Manual transmission!

I would always go with the automatic car as it is more comfortable.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

With due respect I have a privilege of both transmissions A/T & M/T in one machine.

I own Steermatic
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Auto With TripTronic !
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hashim do you have Merc?
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hashim do you have Merc?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786

bro in todays world technology and advancement auotmatic transmission is more comfortable .......and ppl all around are looking for this so overall this is better ........i understand manual is faster bro but thats only if you have a engine thats smaller thenn 2 litre after that automatic and manual come closer .......like someone said above .......... ppl u say u cant have fun in automatic i do it all the time bro its like a lauch i put it in d1 and floor the pedal and it goes 40+ then wen i feel i need another gear usually after 40+ then i shift to d2 and can someone tell me if this is bad i dont think sooo .. but anyways pakistan is like 100 yrs old back in technology for example the cruisetronic they finnally introduced here (in2008 END) was in a 1990 corolla back in the states so pakistan is really far behind ...... but there will be a day in pakistan that when automatic and manual cars will be even and if manual is faster then it doesnt mean you are gonna have a race with someone on eveerystop light .. and plus yday i was driving around 60 and a cultus came side my side and honked i knew what was up and i staarted racing NOTE MY CAR IS COURE AUTO nd i was in D3 and as soon as he honked i shifted down to D2 and floored it (it was just like a manual car then) and me and him where even the whole race i was slightly in front but then later on i slowed down cuz i had to take a turn, he was going straight .....

That's what i wanted to explain..... Whoever says auto is for boring, lazy blah blah.... they don't know how to drive auto. All they know is D me dalo aur chalao, R me dalo aur reverse karo.... If u come to know the techniques of auto, u'll never ever drive manual. Believe me it's real fun, only if u know the techniques of driving auto... Now sometimes if any of my frnds etc asks me drive their car, i hate to drive that manual thing and if i do. I hate to drive it more than one hour intercity
    Suggestions required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well it depends on what u r looking for..manual transmission still has some edge in driving performance over auto when it comes to smaller cars..however with the continuous technological improvement in auto transmission, the latest auto transmissions are almost as good as manual..for e.g the newly introduced 5 and 6 speed autos in Honda civic and Accord and Toyota Camry and Avalon are as good as manuals and u do not feel the need to have a manual anymore.

If we look beyond corolla and civic, the availability of manual transmission is extremely limited. for example in mid size cars like the Nissan Altima, Maxima. Honda accord, toyota camry all have 95% sales of auto and hardly any sales of manual. Some of these variants do not even offer manual transmission owing to the refined and satisfactory performance of recent autos.

hence looking at the future developments and the increasing traffic, I am quiet convinced that 4-5 years down the road the sales for auto cars will surpass that of manual..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the new autos like 5 and 6 speed are very responsive to the throttle inputs and down and upshifts are quick, eager and seamless with the slight touch of accelerator..hence the need for a manual is not felt anymore..or atleast its diminishing..

lately drove toyota avalon with 6 speed auto and the transmission behaviour was very rewarding. the 5-speed accord and civic are also not bad and offer quick downshifts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i own an auto vitz 2004 and i know how comfortable it is in city or on highways!!

it is a big luxury!! when we need to stop again and again in city, we just press the breaks and it stops, while in manual, you're always in a hustle of pushing/releasing the clutch. My vote is for auto!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List