Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: HELP NEEDED!

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    question's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default HELP NEEDED!

    Salamz to all biker bros outhtere,

    I am looking for a good mechanic or place to find one
    for my bike. Because i have spent around rs.25,000 on it for a
    complete overhaul and still am not satisfied with the resuts.
    Somehow i get the feeling that all the mechanics that have worked on
    my bike are swindling me. So i need someone to give me proper
    guidance .

    i am counting on the members of Pakwheel to help me out
    because this is my last resort.!! otherwise i will have to sell the
    bike!

    i have a Honda CG-125 (1984)

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    yamaha135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by question

    Salamz to all biker bros outhtere, I am looking for a good mechanic or place to find one for my bike. Because i have spent around rs.25,000 on it for a complete overhaul and still am not satisfied with the resuts. Somehow i get the feeling that all the mechanics that have worked on my bike are swindling me. So i need someone to give me proper guidance . i am counting on the members of Pakwheel to help me out because this is my last resort.!! otherwise i will have to sell the bike! i have a Honda CG-125 (1984)

    Wsalam, I don't know of any mechanics out there since i work on my own. but if you would be able to describe the problems you're facing I just might be able to help you out as to what's wrong with what. Is there any blowby or un necessary sounds coming from the engine? or is it just the mere fact that your bike is not performing to its full potential? selling the bike's not a good option to be honest since that would simply mean you actually gave up instead of trying your best to make it run as it should. every engine is fixable no matter how ruined one may think it is, all it needs is a genuine effort and no reason it shouldn't roar as it's meant to be. :-)

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    question's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salamz, first of all thanks for the reply.


    following are the problems that i am facing:





    1. very little acceleration.My bike Is not throwing out speed like a 125 is supposed to.


    2. Vibrations which sound like my bike is straining beyond limit although the speed is slow.


    3. Oil leaking at a slow rate from the front bottom of the engine





    One of my friends has suggested that the weight needs to be changed ( ihave no idea what that is)


    and the engine needs to be resealed. Although like i said before. I had a complete overhaul about 8 months ago. My mechanic says that there is nothing to worry about. That the bike is okay for driving.


    I want to know how much should a complete engine overhaul cost so i can figure out the solution with respect to budget!.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    yamaha135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by question



    Salamz, first of all thanks for the reply.


    following are the problems that i am facing:





    1. very little acceleration.My bike Is not throwing out speed like a 125 is supposed to.


    2. Vibrations which sound like my bike is straining beyond limit although the speed is slow.


    3. Oil leaking at a slow rate from the front bottom of the engine





    One of my friends has suggested that the weight needs to be changed ( ihave no idea what that is)


    and the engine needs to be resealed. Although like i said before. I had a complete overhaul about 8 months ago. My mechanic says that there is nothing to worry about. That the bike is okay for driving.


    I want to knowhow much should a complete engine overhaul cost so i can figure out the solution with respect to budget!.






    Wsalam. Very litt;e acceleration could be due to one or more of the following reasons.


    The Carb is not set right


    Since Its a point based 125, a badly worn point or incorrect setted point can prevent the bike from running right


    The Piston or the Ring's are worn which isn't letting the engine making enough compression


    The Cam or Tappets are worn


    The Clutch or/and Pressure plates or the Clutch hub is worn


    The Weight or in technical terms the crankshaft or Rod is damaged.





    Vibrations can be due to the Crankshaft bearings being worn or the Balancer being worn or it could be because the engine bolts are not torqued as much as it shouldb leading to the engine being shaky and making the whole bike vibrate.


    Oil leaking from the front bottom could be due to the magnet seal's being worn or the oil filter bolt seal being worn or the oil could be from the oil extractor nut which is located beneath the engine. if everything else is okay then it most probably could be from the engine piece bolts not being torqued enough, could be also due to one or more bolts missing or because the mechanic didnt seal teh engine right.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    question's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So what do u suggest?


    Should i Spend Rs.25000 again for another complete overhaul?!!


    Because from what u say, it sounds like my bike is finished!!!

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherrry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    change the JAIN of engine to stop the oil leakage,and i suggest you to sale it,coz when a bike starts taking money,it cant be stopped,brother,think by yourself,if the engine will re-open then there may be appear more and more problems,


    just go for a new bike


    regards
    ///HONDA CG 125,PROOF THAT YOU DON,T NEED WINGS TO FLY///

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    yamaha135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by question



    So what do u suggest?


    Should i Spend Rs.25000 again for another complete overhaul?!!


    Because from what u say, it sounds like my bike is finished!!!






    No buddy, Your bike is nowhere close to being finished. japanese engines don't die ever, and thats just something i personally believe in. 2nd'ly an engine never needs 25,000 rs to be overhauled either. I have emailed you my number, give me a call or sms me and I'll call you back to explain in layman terms.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    yamaha135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherrry



    change the JAIN of engine to stop the oil leakage,and i suggest you to sale it,coz when a bike starts taking money,it cant be stopped,brother,think by yourself,if the engine will re-open then there may be appear more and more problems,


    just go for a new bike


    regards



    Thats actually the most easier approach, and easy is never best. I personally have built quiet a few engines myself, from 550's to 200's and 125's. a couple of the engines were pretty good contenders for being junked. today they're running as good as new with minimal financial resources and maximum efforts. Masha'Allah sey. :-)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •