- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad
- The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valves-percylinder, 1679cc V4—plenty of eye-opening, controllable acceleration from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
- Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I intake technology and YCC-T fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
- Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
- Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, master cylinders, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
- Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank and the organic electroluminescence multifunction display.
- The thunderous 1679cc, 65-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected four-valves-per-cylinder, DOHC engine pumps out astonishing power to reinvent the VMAX legend.
- The sportbike-proven Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) switches nearly instantaneously between 150mm and 54mm intake funnels as needed for a broad powerband that delivers optimum performance at any rpm.
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), the fly-by-wire system, delivers optimum acceleration under all conditions.
- Engine combines four-valve technology with a high 11.3:1 compression ratio, forged aluminum pistons and NGK® Iridium spark plugs with R1-type direct ignition coils to extract maximum horsepower from the fuel charge.
- Cams are driven by a combined chain and gear system to precisely control valves while keeping cylinder heads remarkably compact for such a large displacement engine.
- Hydraulically activated clutch includes racetrack-proven ramp-type slipper clutch system that makes braking from speed while downshifting smoother.
- Five-speed transmission has superbly spaced gear ratios to take full advantage of the engine’s awesome power in straight-line acceleration or through the canyons.
- Four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system with EXUP® delivers a broad, seamless powerband with the right VMAX look.
- Delivering this power cruiser’s muscle to the street means a beefy shaft drive just like its predecessor. Special shaft design includes two cross joints to accommodate the fat 200/50 R18 rear tire.
- The high-performance engine is cooled by two radiators for efficiency and clean looks. Lubrication is via a simple, reliable wet sump system.
- The iconic VMAX aluminum intake covers are hand buffed by craftsmen for superb quality and individuality.
- The chassis is light and compact, with a cast aluminum main frame, CF die-cast and extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminum swingarm. The result is superb rigidity balance for both hard acceleration off the line and corner carving.
- Cartridge-damper-type front forks have substantial 52mm inner tubes with oxidized titanium coating. Forks have both compression and rebound damping adjustability plus spring preload.
- Link-type Monocross® rear suspension has a piggyback reservoir and features compression and rebound clickers, plus remote preload adjustment.
- VMAX uses Brembo®-designed master cylinders, the front with radial pump and reserve tank. Large 320mm wave-style dual front discs are matched to radial-mounted mono block 6-piston calipers. On the rear wheel, there’s a 298mm disc, also wave design, and single-piston caliper. These high-tech brakes also incorporate three-position ABS.
- Tapered handlebar provides a muscular 1-1/8” diameter look at the triple clamp while using conventionally sized controls.
- 18-inch radial tires, 120/70 R18 front and 200/50 R18 rear, are mounted on cast aluminum five-spoke wheels.
- For mass centralization that contributes to the bike’s lean looks, the 4 gallon (15-liter) fuel tank is mounted under the seat, with the filler under the rider’s backrest. Tank is constructed of fluorinated polyethylene with superb permeability resistance.
- The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses three microprocessors to control fuel injection, ignition, YCC-T, YCC-I, meters and other electrical components.
- The instrument panel includes an analog, step-motor driven tachometer and digital speedometer with LED indicator lights. Prominent LED shift timing indicator adds to the performance character of the new VMAX.
- Organic electroluminescence multi-function display provides a more precise display vs. LCD and includes clock, fuel meter, trip meter with fuel reserve trip meter, transmission gear position, coolant temperature, stopwatch and more.
- Distinctive key design reinforces the unique character of this new VMAX.
- H4 60/55W headlight provides excellent visibility and distinctive style, while the trick-looking LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
- Rare earth magnet AC magneto puts out a robust 420W at 5000 rpm.
wow pretty nice.. 1679cc daaang wonder whats the 0-100 time for this..
this machine is a monster man.
i walk with everyone, but yet so Alone inside...
Yamaha VMAX always Rox, launched in mid 80's and is still the best umong all musle bikes....
looking bigger in red as compare to black, specially fenders are more prominent
It is impossible to please everybody.
True Muscle Bike (Y)
Exploring Machines is my Passion...
its a lovely machine.
loce those two big air scoops for massive air intake.....
@shussain how r u bro. this thread needs your,s VMAX too.plz upload some pics.thanks
(1)Austin of England, a35, 1958, 850cc,,, (2) Mercedes benz , w202, C - 180 ,,, (3) 2003 HONDA CITY,,,, (4) Triumph TRW 500cc, 1952,,,,