0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default General sports bike questions.

Salam, I am relatively new to the sports bike, or heavy bike if you prefer, scene and I am considering buying my first one sometime in August or September. I have ample experience in driving normal 125cc motorcycles, but im not very familiar with sports bikes so i have a few questions..

1) Are sports bikes stolen often? Usually i think it is the common and easily found bikes in pakistan which are stolen because their parts have a market larger market. So, imported heavy bikes do not have as large a market in parts as the locally sold ones, and heavy bikes are also easy to identify or trace, so they get stolen less often? Generally I'm talking of how safe it is to ride one with the risk of snatching or theft. I live in Karachi, and usually roam around the Clifton/D.H.A. area.

2) I've heard that sports bikes are very costy in fuel and burn fuel faster. Do they really have a high consumption rate? I'm talking about the 400cc-800cc range. I even heard once that heavy bikes require hi-octane fuel. I hope they can run on regular petrol?

3) For a 400cc-600cc bike, what budget should I keep for buying used and importing new respectively? Is there any disadvantage to buying a used one?

4) Lastly, what are suitable places from which I can import a heavy bike in Karachi?

Yeah, I know these are kinda beginner questions to you guys, but I'm new, so please lend me a hand!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had owned the HONDA vf400f about year ago and now it is in scrap condition its 400cc bike which has 4 cylinder DOHC 16 valve its very good on performance and can easily run on PAKISTAN roads its fuel average is about 15 to 18 km/l and its maintanence is little hard becuz it has four carburaters
    Who are you to judge the life I live? Try to walk in my shoes and you'd fall at the first step. .............. ( han1911 )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Starting from th used bikes is good in the sense that you get to know about these bikes somewhat....obviously if you can afford to buy a new one later.
    These bikes are not good at economy, you would be lucky to get something above 18km per liter on thee bikes. Good luck..
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bikes from year 2001 onward have very good fuel consumption i.e. almost 15-20 km per litre, cuz most of them are EFI, even i used to own a bandit 400 of 96 and a GSXR600 of 2005, Bandit was giving me average of 8-10 Kms where on Gixxer i was having consumption of 15 on high speeds like above 200's, 2nd try to buy sumthing 2005 onwards, cuz if u found sum good machine in newer models u just hav to change its oil and to clean air filter, no else mantinence where for typical 250-400's, u ll not get anything above 1996-97 in pakistan and those require more time for mantainence than to enjoy the ride and its quiet impossible to find sum machine of 90's model in mint condition, and finally most of them are Non Custom Paid(Illegal) or having fake documents so be conscious

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right, that answers my queries on fuel, what about the rest of my questions?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i m riding superbikes since 1998, and know almost 80% of the guys having superbikes in pakistan, since the day i m riding superbikes, i never heard that any of the superbike has been stolen, for Import of a 600 class brand new bike to pakistan, u need to have 1.3-1.5 million in ur pocket, for a used one, that should be around 1-1.2 million, depending upon the year(u can import a bike max upto 3 years old)
    the most suitable place for importing bikes to pakistan is Dubai, but bikes are quiet expensive there, if u have any source in USA then that's the place where most reasonable bikes can be bought, or do tell me if u want one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haris View Post
    i m riding superbikes since 1998, and know almost 80% of the guys having superbikes in pakistan, since the day i m riding superbikes, i never heard that any of the superbike has been stolen, for Import of a 600 class brand new bike to pakistan, u need to have 1.3-1.5 million in ur pocket, for a used one, that should be around 1-1.2 million, depending upon the year(u can import a bike max upto 3 years old)
    the most suitable place for importing bikes to pakistan is Dubai, but bikes are quiet expensive there, if u have any source in USA then that's the place where most reasonable bikes can be bought, or do tell me if u want one
    1.3 million? I mean, thats a pretty insane price...like is it possible to get something like suzuki gs500f in around 5-8 lakhs? Also, does Car Deals in Karachi import heavy bikes?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List