Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed

Asalam o Aliaikum fellow pakwheelers
    ive been visiting this site for upto three years now as a guest ..i had an account but it got lost in translation....any who the members who regularly post here seem pretty decent and knowledgeable lot

And i am in need of advice
    i want to buy a new motor bike ...and the two choices to which i have narrowed down to are the piaggio storm 125 and the suzuki gs 150

Now here is where the confusion lurks ....although the piaggio is much more stylish and has disk brakes to add ..but ive read oof it having some chain noise problems and a few other defects....and the gs 150 has no disks and to add to that it looks like an antique in the mueseum also adding low quality of parts in the new model ...now this is all that ive hear d....please help me clarify and choose the better of the two

your contributions will be greatly aprreciated.thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default hello

go for storm all the way, it has few problems i agree but once chain is adjusted properly , it doesnt give any issue ,i have one , i was previously using gs 150 and switched to storm after selling it , it has a warranty of 10 months , and gs gives only 6 months, plus u will not find and difference of top speed or power btw storm and gs , and control of storm is far better than GS due to Disk brakes and wider tyres of rear 3.25 and front 2.75
    where as suzuki has rear of 3.00 and front of 2.75

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go For Storm i am using this bike 1.5 year and it is giving very good performence no issue at all far more stable bike available in the market .its top speed is 120 to 130 if mentained properly and road grip is excelent, pick is also good. but dont forget to change the rear tyre with delux because it has no grip in rain and become very dangerous. but overall it is unbeatable
    First social network of Pakistan exclusively made to provide a secure way of communication. Join now and invite your friends to www.xplore.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default good

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    go for storm all the way, it has few problems i agree but once chain is adjusted properly , it doesnt give any issue ,i have one , i was previously using gs 150 and switched to storm after selling it , it has a warranty of 10 months , and gs gives only 6 months, plus u will not find and difference of top speed or power btw storm and gs , and control of storm is far better than GS due to Disk brakes and wider tyres of rear 3.25 and front 2.75
    where as suzuki has rear of 3.00 and front of 2.75
    Okay ...now thats good news.but what about after sales service and tuning and other stuff of this bike ...i dont think this will be done by any other mechanic. and how did you get your chain problem fixed as its the cry of every othr storm owner. plz also post your bikes pics ...thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehawk1 View Post
    Go For Storm i am using this bike 1.5 year and it is giving very good performence no issue at all far more stable bike available in the market .its top speed is 120 to 130 if mentained properly and road grip is excelent, pick is also good. but dont forget to change the rear tyre with delux because it has no grip in rain and become very dangerous. but overall it is unbeatable
    good reveiws brothers and thanks for the advice....did you have chain problem to ??? and whats the average mileage per litre in the city??? plz post your bikes pics too ....greatly appreciated
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhaion...more insight will be appreciated....especially from the brothers having suzuki gs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I will suggest you to go for GS150. casue:-

- Brand Name
    - Country wide acceptence
    - Resale (better then storm)
    - Comfortable to ride.

Please keep in mind GS150 is not a racing mechine, its a crusing mechine with a smooth ride.

Plus I hav'nt seen this Storm125 in Karachi -- why is that. Where as GS150 is seen all over Pakistan.

Installing a Front Disc brake in GS is not a problem in Karachi, a few extra hundreds can get a disc on her.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KamranAslam View Post
    I will suggest you to go for GS150. casue:-

- Brand Name
    - Country wide acceptence
    - Resale (better then storm)
    - Comfortable to ride.

Please keep in mind GS150 is not a racing mechine, its a crusing mechine with a smooth ride.

Plus I hav'nt seen this Storm125 in Karachi -- why is that. Where as GS150 is seen all over Pakistan.

Installing a Front Disc brake in GS is not a problem in Karachi, a few extra hundreds can get a disc on her.
    appreciate your words

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Storm 125 has been launched recently in karachi
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well Gs -150 dont have better resal4 than storm , i clearly know what u get when i went to sale my GS 150, they cant even give u the half price of the new one after two or three years
    where as storm is having far more better response in market. btw here are the pics of my bike

there are a lot of service centres for piaggio in lhr and all over the country, plus spare parts of all type are availabe on local antenna shops and u also get a warranty of 10 months , or 10k kms
    choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed -94057 choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed -94058

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kalaj03 View Post
    good reveiws brothers and thanks for the advice....did you have chain problem to ??? and whats the average mileage per litre in the city??? plz post your bikes pics too ....greatly appreciated
    thanks
    yeah it was in the begining but i think it is much more stable now. as after 1.5 year it is about 55 to 58.

choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed -94085 choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed -94086 choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed -94087
    First social network of Pakistan exclusively made to provide a secure way of communication. Join now and invite your friends to www.xplore.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    well Gs -150 dont have better resal4 than storm , i clearly know what u get when i went to sale my GS 150, they cant even give u the half price of the new one after two or three years
    where as storm is having far more better response in market. btw here are the pics of my bike

there are a lot of service centres for piaggio in lhr and all over the country, plus spare parts of all type are availabe on local antenna shops and u also get a warranty of 10 months , or 10k kms
    choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed - 94057 choice between storm 125 or gs 150????help needed - 94058
    Thanks for clarifying my friend....and Alhamdulilah your bikes in good shape...when it was new...hope its still in tip top form.....now im beginning to dread that the one that id ge may be red too....coz serioulsy yar weve got a lot of that color on oUR ROADs....and it isnt even healthy....scientifically its supposed to make you hyper ...maybe thats the reason the honda 125s cant keep their front wheels down.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mehawk1

youve got a red one too brother...where are all the brown an sliver ones....they were only for show i guess ..and nice touch to your silencer cover

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You are asking about two very different bikes, people can only tell you which one they like, not what you may want.

Please be clear what kind of bike YOU want, tell us that and then ask the question.

If resale is important to you, go for CD70.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kalaj03 View Post
    @mehawk1

youve got a red one too brother...where are all the brown an sliver ones....they were only for show i guess ..and nice touch to your silencer cover
    no they r not for show. first i wanted to buy this bike in silver but it was out of stock i was so excited that i can not wait for 7 days so bought this one.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List