Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: long slide carburetor

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Tabi_hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    477
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question long slide carburetor

    hello guys! i ve came 2 know that using long slide (old point wala 125) carburetor can increase in speed of the bike, is that true and where can i find the used carb?


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    well most people claim but shifting style never affects ur top speed, no matter , how hard or how soft u shift , u will reach the top speed of 100 to 110 km /h in case of 125s
    I tell you what, If by any chance you participate in a Car Drag Race, just ask those racers WHY they SHIFT at a Specific Speed and Especially at a Specific RPM.
    It DOES matter brother. Personally tested, and confirmed by a Atlas Honda Test Driver.

    yes you will be able to achieve the top speeds in both cases, but it matters HOW FAST you achieve it.


    Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    well your shifting pattern is still a little agressive, the recommended gear ratio to achieve better economy and long engine life is
    1st at 20 KM/h
    2nd at 30KM/h
    3rd at 40 KM/h
    4th at 50 M/h
    give it a try and u will have a lot better economy
    i n case Piaggio
    5th at 60KM/h
    the shift pattern is determined by maximum torque which in case of cg 125 is around 4500 to 5000 rpm
    I agree ... but that depends on the mood. lol
    You wont believe me, sometimes, i just dont feel like rushing on bike, and go slow. As slow as 40km/h on 4th gear

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    BikerBoY_125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    point bike ke jo carburator atee thay un ki slide thick hoti thi due to which petrol flow ziyada tha and us ke jet ka size 90 hai which is bigger than the new carburators used by atlas honda jab ke jo aj kal use ho rahe hain us ka jet size 75 hai .....point wale carburator ki pick aur speed ziyada thi per petrol consumption was low 35-40km....thats y cdi technology was introduced to increase consumption and carbutrator was also changed.....new to yeh milne se raha jahan bikes ke used parts milte hain wahan se dhoondna pare ga .....OLD IS GOLD jo baat point wali bike mein thi woh shaid hi ab dobara kabi dhekhne ko mile....quality of every thing was just gr8 that was the real CG 125 aj kal ke to bass na hi poocho 2004 tak theek ayee us ke baat bura hi haal hai Quality ka..........
    I NeeD SPEED To TaKe A LeaD..........

  4. #23
    FC
    FC is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,376
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^
    agreed wd u Can u guess here in khi. an immaculate 91-92 CG-125 cost around 65-70k
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    yes you will be able to achieve the top speeds in both cases, but it matters HOW FAST you achieve it.
    I couldnt agree more,
    You said it all.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bhai mera ab next 10 years ka baad china maal overtake karay ga so called Japanese maal...i heard that during 70's in USA Japanese bike had the same reputation as todays china but with time they established good name ... and just read some history of biking ... china is a silent dragon.. soon all the people will buy china bike.... bye bye to over over over charged hnda 70,125 ..... i bet the days of honda are counted ,, look at the market sales figures of bikes from pma's magazines...

    and honda is applying very mean and hungry tactics to avoid people from buying china bikes.. first they enjoyed monopoly and overcharged ,,after china bikes arrival they reduced prices to show as if the china bike is equal in quality then they again increased the prices to give the impression that china bikes have failed and hondaz are still the best and now needs to charged full[i.e monopoly] price...

    peiole of this land are easily gullible..

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    umer009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    702
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ adobility,
    just read the last lines of my comments
    that specific RPM is known as maximum torque of the engine(i hope both u and ur fellow friend DANIYAL didnt know lolz ) , after u cross that maximum torque,
    the rpms of the engine remains no longer proportional to the achieved speed, means greater RPMS and less speed, best thing is to shift at maximum torque at 4500 to 5000 RPM

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    @ adobility,
    just read the last lines of my comments
    that specific RPM is known as maximum torque of the engine(i hope both u and ur fellow friend DANIYAL didnt know lolz ) , after u cross that maximum torque,
    the rpms of the engine remains no longer proportional to the achieved speed, means greater RPMS and less speed, best thing is to shift at maximum torque at 4500 to 5000 RPM

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I tell you what, If by any chance you participate in a Car Drag Race, just ask those racers WHY they SHIFT at a Specific Speed and Especially at a Specific RPM.
    Where did he said that he is talking about reving it upto redline?
    He said that shifting at Specific RPM,s makes the difference, not at High RPM,s.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @Adeel, Daniyal & 7thGear!!
    Well my driving style is average. Mostly, i drive normally like 1st gear 20km, 2nd gear, 40km, 3rd gear 60-65km and the rest of the speed on 4th gear. My Maximum CONTROLLABLE speed is 80km/h because (lets be honest) i am not a real driver, so no i can't drive a CG-125 like crazy.

    Now what?
    80kph is quite fast on a 125 concerning that you expect good average from the bike. I would drive my 125 between 50 and 60kph for best average. The last time I calculated average of my bike was 48km/lit. My CG125 is 03 model

    long slide carburetor - IM001060
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Totally agreed!



    Shifting location of valves?
    As you are saying that this didnt happened with 125 then in which model they shifted the valves?
    And why?
    They shifted the valve position on the famous R1, I read somewhere, it was done back in the 2001 model, and mere a shift in the position of valves added so much to the performance, I read.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    umer009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    29
    Posts
    702
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Where did he said that he is talking about reving it upto redline?
    He said that shifting at Specific RPM,s makes the difference, not at High RPM,s.
    whats ur point to prove?
    go get a bike with techometer and then say it all

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    bhai mera ab next 10 years ka baad china maal overtake karay ga so called Japanese maal...i heard that during 70's in USA Japanese bike had the same reputation as todays china but with time they established good name ... and just read some history of biking ... china is a silent dragon.. soon all the people will buy china bike.... bye bye to over over over charged hnda 70,125 ..... i bet the days of honda are counted ,, look at the market sales figures of bikes from pma's magazines...

    and honda is applying very mean and hungry tactics to avoid people from buying china bikes.. first they enjoyed monopoly and overcharged ,,after china bikes arrival they reduced prices to show as if the china bike is equal in quality then they again increased the prices to give the impression that china bikes have failed and hondaz are still the best and now needs to charged full[i.e monopoly] price...

    peiole of this land are easily gullible..
    True ... to some extent
    But you know, Honda Bikes are still much better than the chinese bikes. If not A Lot better, then they are worth spending a bit extra. THAT is why people still prefer buying Honda Bikes rather than buying Chinese bikes, and trust me on this one, 90% of the people buy a bike and all they care about is its Resale Value.

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    @ adobility,
    just read the last lines of my comments
    that specific RPM is known as maximum torque of the engine(i hope both u and ur fellow friend DANIYAL didnt know lolz ) , after u cross that maximum torque,
    the rpms of the engine remains no longer proportional to the achieved speed, means greater RPMS and less speed, best thing is to shift at maximum torque at 4500 to 5000 RPM
    I tried to say the same thing didn't I?
    And thanks to you that you elaborated on it

    oh & mera naam a b o b o b i l l y hay yaar, ye 't' kahan say aa jata hay beech main

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    80kph is quite fast on a 125 concerning that you expect good average from the bike. I would drive my 125 between 50 and 60kph for best average. The last time I calculated average of my bike was 48km/lit. My CG125 is 03 model

    long slide carburetor - IM001060
    MASHALLAH
    Thats sleek man really

    But as i stated that even at these speeds, i am still getting 43+ km/liter and consider those speeds, its quite good don't you think?
    The main reason behind those speeds is, I drive my bike to get to my University, which is a 25 kilometer ride from my house, and during that course, i cross Ferozpur Road and sometimes Jail Road to get to my destination, which is Garden Town, FROM BADAMI BAGH lol
    So on these roads, you can't expect a person like me (having a CG-125) drive between 50-60 or do you?


    I would still like to clear one thing btw ... Kya carburetter ka patrol kam karne say engine Ziyada heatup hota hay than usual?

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    They shifted the valve position on the famous R1, I read somewhere, it was done back in the 2001 model, and mere a shift in the position of valves added so much to the performance, I read.
    Thanks for the info.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    whats ur point to prove?
    go get a bike with techometer and then say it all
    Im not trying to prove anything,
    But I think maybe you are trying to prove/convey something, but are not being able to do so.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    80kph is quite fast on a 125 concerning that you expect good average from the bike. I would drive my 125 between 50 and 60kph for best average. The last time I calculated average of my bike was 48km/lit. My CG125 is 03 model

    long slide carburetor - IM001060
    Mashallah (Y).
    That was one of the last models that were successfull.
    After that quality of Honda,s seriously went down.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    MASHALLAH
    Thats sleek man really

    But as i stated that even at these speeds, i am still getting 43+ km/liter and consider those speeds, its quite good don't you think?
    The main reason behind those speeds is, I drive my bike to get to my University, which is a 25 kilometer ride from my house, and during that course, i cross Ferozpur Road and sometimes Jail Road to get to my destination, which is Garden Town, FROM BADAMI BAGH lol
    So on these roads, you can't expect a person like me (having a CG-125) drive between 50-60 or do you?


    I would still like to clear one thing btw ... Kya carburetter ka patrol kam karne say engine Ziyada heatup hota hay than usual?
    Yes I think 43+ is good average, but what model is your 125? Mine is a 03 model.
    Yes if you decrease the fuel flow to engine, it will result in engine heating.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Mashallah (Y).
    That was one of the last models that were successfull.
    After that quality of Honda,s seriously went down.
    Thanks, yes Honda's quality has deteriorated since then, I think thats why I keep on getting its customers
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^^ Dont sell it.
    You,ll regret it later.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes I know that, but just by the way, what would be its ideal price at this time, the bike is in exactly the same shape as you see in the pic above..
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •