Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Underbone Motorbikes

Underbone Motorbikes -115328
    An underbone, or underbone motorcycle, is a small motorcycle built on a frame consisting mostly of one large diameter tubular component. The design is sometimes known as a "step-through" in the West. Although the fuel tank position, the open-frame design which the fuel tank position allows, and the splash guards give the underbone an appearance similar to a scooter, the wheels, engine position, and power transmission are based on the design of conventional motorcycles. Despite this basic difference in design, underbones are sometimes marketed as scooters in the West.
    Underbones are popular worldwide, but in East Asian and South East Asian countries in particular they dominate the low cost market segment with their scooter-like ease of use, their appeal to both sexes, and their motorcycle-like dependable handling properties.

Advantages
    The powertrain of an underbone is based on that of a conventional motorcycle. The engine is between the rider's feet and the rear wheel is driven by a regular motorcycle secondary chain drive, Chain enclosure, using sheet-metal covers, is usual.
    The fuel tank of an underbone is located below the seat, and it is in this respect only that it differs from a conventional motorcycle, which has its fuel tank between the knees of the rider and a frame member running under the tank from the seat support to the headstock. The underbone arrangement improves ease of mounting and dismounting. Underbones have wheels similar to those of conventional motorcycles.
    Technical Sophistication
    The technical sophistication of larger motorcycles has been increasingly added to the underbone, with fuel injection systems in the Honda Wave 125i, Yamaha Spark 135iand, since 2007, the Japanese version of the Honda Super Cub. Modern underbones use capacitor discharge ignition for the ignition system, almost all have indicators, and many have electric starters.

Underbone Motorbikes -115329

Storage on underbones
    Most underbone motorcycles sold in Southeast Asia come with a standard steel basket, allowing riders to carry goods. More secure storage capacity is often available with the option of a carrier and a top box. Some top boxes are detachable from the carriers.
    Some underbones, including the Honda Wave, Modenas X-cite, and the Yamaha Nouvo, have a lockable storage compartment under the seat. Some have a hook in the area between the riders knees for a shopping bag.
    In Pakistan too we should have this type of bike, as new generation is asking for change !All 70 CC bikes look the same (minus the graphics).

Underbone Motorbikes -115328 Underbone Motorbikes -115329
    (source Wikipedia)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i second ur opinion.. they r pretty as well...

but we have vespa as well?
    is that discontinued ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great info!
    Thanks for sharing.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What are the views of those Pak Wheelers who want new models in the market ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at least i definitely want to have bikes in these shapes because at times i am totaly unable to place just one fat book on bike somewhere... either have to put in between the wires behind speedometer or have to rope it on back seat... and in rainy days its totaly useless. ..

besides if i have some shoppers i have no way to place those...

this classic honda cd70 is abolutely useless for these uses with its default settings... and industry here is in such a horrible state that they cannot make adequate room in the copied bikes for these accessories..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda must change there 70cc motorcycles to this shape ... but people are eager to buy new models of current 70 cuz of the new sticker on the tank nothing else

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by netsurfer View Post
    What are the views of those Pak Wheelers who want new models in the market ?
    Well just because of its shape, people will call it a scooter or a vespa.
    Its the mind set that we still are not able to accept anything else then the traditional shape i-e CD70.
    BTW the storage places on this bike are great.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one from Thailand,Malaysia or Singapore share his/her experience regarding how good these bikes are ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If these are available in Pakistan , I will surely buy one. I always face problems carrying my books. I have even lost one book on my cd 70

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@metroguy you are absolutely right .. i think whenever we face such problem we should take a snap and post it here ...... shaid gov/companies ko is thread par ka kuch sharam ya khyaal tho aa hi jaya ga....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These bikes are basically built on the concept of city commuter bikes having low weight 4 easy handling, better milage, having low power but tough motors...

i dont think as per the requirement of Pakistani market introducing these here wud be a wise step, they will fail instantly. Reasons? many!
    1. They dont look masculine, they are girlish.
    2. They look scooter-ish, no current market for them here.
    3. Donot have enough place 2 overload them with lots of luggage & Ppl, due to no fuel tank - u cannot overload them with 4,5 People like ppl do here!!
    4. CD70s work gud enogh here, u can overload it, rev it 2 max, bang it hundred times-- it will still work. And has already got all the guddies of low fuel consumption, light weight easy drive etc.
    5. Pitty that these bikes ur posting, cant be even used 2 bring vegetables from market in shopping bags!!! Why?

Due to this:
    Name:  115328-Underbone-Motorbikes-Kriss2.jpg
Views: 9588
Size:  60.5 KB

What say now?? Is this still ur favourite bike!?!

Underbone Motorbikes -118880

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automotorsport_Lover
    1. They dont look masculine, they are girlish.

soch pa koi pabandi nai.....u can percieve it ur own way.... by the way fashion jo chz kharab ho jathi ha uus ka naam ha...

2. They look scooter-ish, no current market for them here.
    just because they look scooterish saying that there is no market for them is not wise.

3. Donot have enough place 2 overload them with lots of luggage & Ppl, due to no fuel tank - u cannot overload them with 4,5 People like ppl do here!!
    to some extent right in this department.. but again dear there are users who use it primarily for commuting WITH the ease of placement of books and other related small things

4. CD70s work gud enogh here, u can overload it, rev it 2 max, bang it hundred times-- it will still work. And has already got all the guddies of low fuel consumption, light weight easy drive etc.
    same goes for these as well .. they are not made inferior and it is foolish to say that they are scooterish and hence engine is inferior...watch at 5:18 the video given below to allay ur frears...

5. Pitty that these bikes ur posting, cant be even used 2 bring vegetables from market in shopping bags!!! Why?

u should watch rhe documentry[1] about the top ten bikes ... and honda cub is the best at probably numer 2 or 1..[its number 1 i confirmed it by the way u should watch that documentry...] that video has pretty good illustrations regarding its capabilities..

[1] YouTube - ‪Greatest Ever Motorcycles: # 1 - Honda Cub‬‎

so from video honda cub can have 50mph[80km/hr] speed, automatic transmission, and a whooping 150km/litre efficiency on straight roads driving at 35 km/hr,and to destroy it u need c4 explosive watch at 6:45 onwards////LOL ..........i bet if u could ever get above 65 from 70..
    so ur words regarding its quality are not compatible with ground realities..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Asjdsm, well explained !
    In May I went to Malaysia and then travelled from there on bus to Singapore, it was a beautiful experience! The road was motor way like and some people on these bikes alongwith their backpacks were traveling long distances !
    In rural areas you should see what these bikes are capable of ! We should open our mind and should not reject any new idea by labeling it whatever we like ~ Otherwise we will keep on driving CD 70

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asjdsm

Sir, 1stly im just saying that its not a practical thought to expect these kinda bikes here thts why when i say tht theyr girlish, scooter-ish and no market here this matters alot!! Lol... Pehle wo cheez to companys se mang lo jo chahye hai! A proper motorbike - then expect tht these will come here too! So no chance 4 them here 4 next 20yrs i guess...

Lol and the vid u just refered to is pretty old, i saw that a long time ago! And again.. its infront of u how all the pizza fell of the bike! Even if they tried to load it up sensibly there was no chance tht these things cud have been taken 2 required place properly not even half of them..
    But wht im saying is u can differ in other points but loading space problem remians there!

And finally, Why ur showing me Honda CUBs vid? these arent honda cubs, but yes built on the same concept..
    Anyways... Keep wishing! ur not gona get them here any soon! Lol!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ asjdsm

they are not made inferior and it is foolish to say that they are scooterish and hence engine is inferior
    Kindly manage ur words bro, i just said tht these bikes have girlish looks + Scooter-ish styling + not so practical frame for our market requiremnets here. i didnot comment ebt there engine or durability at all...

So ur above comment is i dont knw what for?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yamaha T135 is an underbone motorcycle. It is also known as the Spark 135 in Thailand, Sniper in the Philippines, Jupiter MX in Indonesia, 135LC in Malaysia, Exciter in Vietnam, and T 135 Crypton X in Greece. It is made by Yamaha Motor Company and powered by a liquid-cooled 134.4 cc (8.20 cu in) 4-stroke engine. This underbone is fit for circuit racing than its rival Honda Sonic 125 and the Suzuki Raider 150 and one of the fastest 4-stroke underbone in the South East Asia.
    In 2008, the fuel-injected version of the Yamaha Spark 135 was launched for the Thailand market, making it the second underbone motorcycle using fuel injection after the Honda Wave 125i. There are 3 main Yamaha factories that assemble T135. These are Indonesia, Thailand and newest is Philippines.

Underbone Motorbikes -122294Underbone Motorbikes -122294

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is an interesting article and a claim ,so please review it alongwith your comments

Bangkok has to be the 125cc motorcycle capital of the world, yep, even more so than some Chinese cities. They're everywhere. Ancient 2-strokes with high pitch sounds, load-piped and modern 4-strokes which seems to be favored by the Bangkok commuters. Bangkok commuters, from elderly Madames tottering past, to youngsters who come screaming by on highly modified motorcycles, Bangkokians love there motorcycles.

Looking at the motorcycles on the street you notice, plenty of Honda's and Yamaha's here and there a Suzuki, but what about Kawasaki's.

The Kawasaki Kaze ZX130R, comes with a 130cc 4 Stroke, Single Piston SOHC, Air Cooled engine. The Kawasaki Kaze ZX130 handles like a charm, it is one of the easiest drivable bikes I have tried out. You might think that all 125cc scooters and motorcycles perform much the same, they've all got about the same amount of power to play with and weight all around 100 kilos.

But the Kawasaki Kaze ZX130R feels quick. It's capable to take sharp curves, and the ZX130's engine fuel economic are simply said impressive, and the Kawasaki ZX130R is nice and narrow, plus well balanced at low speed, which makes it ideal for filtering. The Kawasaki's power is enough for really strong acceleration up to 80 km/h or so, though the km/h does start to tail off the faster you go.

Underbone Motorbikes - Kawasaki Kaze ZX130 Powerful bike 2On the open road, overtaking from 100 km/h takes a fair bit of space, and it's clear that Kawasaki's engineers have worked this Kaze ZX130R's transmission to emphasize quick in-town go. Having a rev/tacho counter is entertaining too: pull away gently, an it dials up 5000rpm; give it more throttle and you get 6000; full throttle brings it around 7500 to 8000.

The Kawasaki Kaze ZX130R will cruise happily at 90 to 100 km/h and go on to an indicated 120 km/h flat-out, which is bang on the 125cc motorcycle range average. Even at those speeds, the modestly fairing does a very good job, keeping the wind off without buffeting or too much noise.meta:desc Bangkok has to be the 125cc motorcycle capital of the world, yep, even more so than some Chinese cities. They're everywhere. Ancient 2-strokes with high pitch sounds, load-piped and modern 4-strokes which seems to be favored by the Bangkok commuters. Bangkok commuters, from elderly Madames tottering past, to youngsters who come screaming by on highly modified motorcycles, Bangkokians love there motorcycles.]

Underbone Motorbikes -124457 Underbone Motorbikes -124458
    Underbone Motorbikes -124457 Underbone Motorbikes -124458

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Read this article about HONDA Cub another Underbone bike, don't forget to check out the comments at the bottom and post yours, here !

Honda Cub: The greatest machine ever - Telegraph

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its practical and ever so efficient in terms of space utilization but people like James May would be found riding it in Lahore....

the sportier ones in thailand could do wonders here in Lhr/Khi...not much bikes in isb anyways
    ..::::: gsxrk6 ::::..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice info. hope they will be available in Pakistan and our grandchildren would be enjoying their ride.

User Tag List