0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default modifying my cg125

Hi guys i bought a 2008 cg125 classic about 6 months ago and am quite happy with it except for the brakes, i have tried changing the rear brake drum but still after 1 month the brake doesnt seem to be very responsive. after reading numerous posts on pak wheels web site about disk breaks i am now thinking of installing that on my cg125, both front and rear. if someone can give me details of where to buy disk break for my 125 in lahore, and also rims , coz as i understand that u need rims for disk breaks, so if anyone can also guide me where to get these rims and also a good mechanic that can install all this on the bike. also i was thinking of installing HID on my bike as the roads of lahore these days do not have any street lights and it is impossible to see clear with the stock headlights. so if some one can tell me where to buy and install HID in my bike in lahore i would greatly appreciate that. also how much are these mods going to cost me? i am looking forward to pakwheelers' replies.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump! no replies, where is everybody

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bump! no replies, where is everybody

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Only rims wont do,
    You will have to change the front shocks on which you will mount the brake caliper.
    Then you will have to use brake fluid and I dont think that any mechanic will reccomend it.
    It would be very costly plus in my opinion the brakes are pretty decent, and with the introduction of the bigger front hub in 125 since 2006 the braking has improved alot.
    Disc brakes on a 125 would be too much.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the info, any idea where i can get the HID installed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Your loaction?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ Im in Rawalpindi and dont know about bike markets in Lahore so I wont be of any use to you on this.
    Im sorry.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for ur replies, maybe someone from lahore would see this post and help me with HIDs

FC
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for Disc brakes u can hv Rx-115 front hissa complete...In khi. it cost around 7k... this will gv gr8 drivng pleasure.... but will destroy the looks of ur bike
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think i want to mess with changing the looks of the bike. do u know how much installing HID will cost me?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    i dont think i want to mess with changing the looks of the bike. do u know how much installing HID will cost me?
    HID Front Light, The light ALONE costs more than 4k. And to run it, you need additional Bigger Battery with more Amperes (its 12V and 24amps I THINK) which will costs about 2k for NEW and if you can get your hands on a REAL Kaabli (japani) Battery, then about 1k.

PLUS

Do you know that you can get a nice spicy Chalaan for that light if you come on Main Road. Its too disturbing for people. Infact, it temporarily blinds others even on LOW BEAM.

Anyway ... I hope you find this information useful. It might not be 100% true. But i think its 99% True

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i didnt know u can get a chalan for that, any other way i could increase the light on the bike without getting a fine? in lahore they dont seem to bother with the street lights anymore, up until a few months back steet lights only used to go off during load shedding but now except for major roads like mall, most streets have no lights at night.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i didnt know u can get a chalan for that, any other way i could increase the light on the bike without getting a fine? in lahore they dont seem to bother with the street lights anymore, up until a few months back steet lights only used to go off during load shedding but now except for major roads like mall, most streets have no lights at night.
    I am in the same dilemma like you my friend. My eye sight is a bit weak and when on a CG-125, you can't look far enough or Clear enough @ high speeds. I can drive in daytime easily, but on night time, it becomes a Nightmare for me to drive the bike.

I consulted with about 10 Electricians and 8 of them said you don't have to spend like 5k just for the HID Headlight. You can also do it in very less cost.

They said that i have to find the Geniune Headlight of CG-125 from older models. Models older than 2003 had GLASSY Headlights as compared to the New ones which have PLASTIC headlights. I am referring to the Internal Silver Plate and the outside mirror.
    They said that all they have to do is to increase the current of Headlight and light will be just fine. But the new Plastic Light can't bear the HEAT Intensity of the Light Bulb and WILL melt down. So to avoid from that, you will have to look for a GLASSY light.

Obviously you can't find it in new condition. But you will be able to find one in Used condition.

In My Case, i am still unable to find one lol xD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol Buddy

Its better to sell ur ride and buy a Honda CG125 delux rather then Fu_cKinG ur bike up with these mods! They will be toOOoOo costy and of nt much use!!
    For both font & rear disc brakes u ill have to change ur suspension too (atleast front), plus ur ride wont look good with those discs coz it wont go with the rest of the design theme of the bike. Plus ur talking ebt installng rims too... and theyr costy too! round ebt atleast 12000Rs i can estiamte 4 good quality work! such a waste of money and ur ride will remain pathetic! no use! rest option is urs...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I am in the same dilemma like you my friend. My eye sight is a bit weak and when on a CG-125, you can't look far enough or Clear enough @ high speeds. I can drive in daytime easily, but on night time, it becomes a Nightmare for me to drive the bike.

I consulted with about 10 Electricians and 8 of them said you don't have to spend like 5k just for the HID Headlight. You can also do it in very less cost.

They said that i have to find the Geniune Headlight of CG-125 from older models. Models older than 2003 had GLASSY Headlights as compared to the New ones which have PLASTIC headlights. I am referring to the Internal Silver Plate and the outside mirror.
    They said that all they have to do is to increase the current of Headlight and light will be just fine. But the new Plastic Light can't bear the HEAT Intensity of the Light Bulb and WILL melt down. So to avoid from that, you will have to look for a GLASSY light.

Obviously you can't find it in new condition. But you will be able to find one in Used condition.

In My Case, i am still unable to find one lol xD
    Exactly!
    The genuine headlight housing and the OEM projector with a good quality 25W bulb (Preferably Stanley) makes hell lotta difference.
    These cheap plastic housings melt with the heat, plus the light gets scattered all over the place with almost zero visibility.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks you all for the info. if the damn government would just keep street lights on at night then i wouldnt need more light. on a busy road it is still better coz the cars have very bright light but when there is less traffic then it becomes a problem. and at night u do need more light coz u never know when a pedestrian might decide that he is faster than ur bike and try to cross the road right infront of the vehicle. i am so keen on bright light coz a few weeks back i was riding at night and out of no where this 'gadha-gari' (donkey cart) appeared infront of me and it had those long iron rods loaded on it that were tailing like 10 feet behind the cart. i immediately braked and alhumdulillah didnt crash into the iron rods. but that was very scary, has there been more light on my bike then i would have been able to see the donkey cart from a better distance. this happened on wahdat road.

@ Automotorsport_Lover - buddy you recommend that i buy the delux model, does that have more light than the classic version?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks you all for the info. if the damn government would just keep street lights on at night then i wouldnt need more light.
    @ Automotorsport_Lover - buddy you recommend that i buy the delux model, does that have more light than the classic version?
    It has got a bigger,brighter crystal headlamp.
    Im not sure about the light output of the headlight but by having a look at its indicators,taillights I get the idea that its electronics are much better than other bikes of Honda.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on a busy road it is still better coz the cars have very bright light but when there is less traffic then it becomes a problem. and at night u do need more light coz u never know when a pedestrian might decide that he is faster than ur bike and try to cross the road right infront of the vehicle. i am so keen on bright light coz a few weeks back i was riding at night and out of no where this 'gadha-gari' (donkey cart) appeared infront of me and it had those long iron rods loaded on it that were tailing like 10 feet behind the cart. i immediately braked and alhumdulillah didnt crash into the iron rods. but that was very scary, has there been more light on my bike then i would have been able to see the donkey cart from a better distance. this happened on wahdat road.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ I think you should get your CDI system and wiring checked by any good electritian.
    Plus use a good quality 25 watt bulb. If you are using blue or any other cheap bulb then replace it with the OEM one.
    These CDI,s are having a 6 coil generator which results in very bright light if its working properly.
    Im using a CD 70 with single coil generator running on 6volts and the light output is satisfactory, Infact its in competition with new CDI electronic system.
    I never faced any problems even on highways at night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List