0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vibration problems in 125

Salam all, i purchased cg125 2008 model in march this year. it has been running great ever since. but a few days back my cousin bought a cg125 as well, a 2002 model, and i got to ride that yesterday. and it was an altogether different experience. the bike was not vibrating as hard as mine does. i know everyone says that 125 has a lot of vibrations so i thought that vibrations in my bike were normal, but after riding my cousin's bike i found that my bike actually vibrates abnormally. i checked with my local mechanic and he said that maybe some nuts were loose, so he tightened all the visible nuts but still vibration is not reduced. now he says that maybe something inside the engine is loose and causing vibration and he would have to open up the bike to see where vibration is coming from. but it is only 2008 model and i dont want to open its engine yet. any suggestions as to what might the problem be and how can i reduce the vibration. i am looking forward to ur replies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear bro,

first of all check tension in chain, keep your finger on chain and rotate the rear wheel and if during the wheel turn chain get tight and again lose try to adjust the chain adjusters ( chirian ) and try to make sure tire is straight within the forks, if you fail to get even tension on the chain i am damn sure sporkit set is farigh, check the cogs ends to know it and if worn out chang complete sprokit set including chain and inshAllah ride will be smooth once again and you'll love it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ashfaq, also tell me what top speed ru getting ?
    ur bike needs a new clutch plates if ur top speed is btw 80 to 90 maximum with these vibrations

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mahmood thank for ur reply. i did check the chain just now and it seems all fine, the chain doenst loose and tighten up when i rotate the tire, the stiffness is even. any other suggestions?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009, brother i usually drive in city where it is very difficult to measure top speed, but three times i went with my cousin to ring road and the bike did about 95 km/h with both of us sitting on it. i have run the bike till 80km/h in city but not more than that coz it feels like the front wheel is going to lift off the ground. about clutch plates, when i stop at traffic then all gears come off easily except the 1st gear, to bring the bike to neutral i have to push hard on the gear lever. this problem is only there when taking bike from 2nd to 1st gear, else when taking bike from 1st to 2nd gear then there is no problem. sometimes, very rarely, i also have to push hard to go from 1st to second gear (this only happens when i am driving in 1st gear fro long time, like when i am stuck at traffic). does this mean that clutch plates need replacement and are causing vibrations?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DEar if you are really a fan of 125 and specially the one fit for racing i will recommend you a mechanic called "MUNNA". When i used to race bikes he was in samanabad poonch road near chowburji chowk. visit him and he will solve your problem......in any case you need my help buzz me on 03218466662
    " Gravity is not responsible for people falling in Love "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nope , Clutch plates arent checked like that, the problems u mentioned are related to clutch adjustment and it can be done easily by a mechanic by adjusting ur clutch cable from outside,
    the method to check clutch plates is to check the pick of ur bike ,the best way is to compare the rpms of ur bike at different speeds with some good condition bike u know , they shud be same, both bikes shud be in same gear and same speed and ur Rpms shud match, if ur bike shows high rpms then the other then ur clutch plates are faulty,
    but this check is done at high speed only (80+) only then it can show u the difference,
    rest Also check all the nuts and bolts of ur engine mountings plus ur wheel alignment (front and rear) and also the axle bolt of the engine

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@CerwinVega thanks for all the valuable info . i will keep u posted on my progress.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umer009. brother CerwinVega recommended some mechanics so i will get my bike checked from them.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone also recommend some good 125 mechanics. CerwinVega recommended two but he hasnt been there for a while, so wanted to get some input from members regarding their trusted 125 mechanics in lahore.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List