4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Care for new bike

Assalam u alaikum hopw u all are fine by the grace of almighty ALLAH ... i bought a new bike yesterday and it's my first ever bike but later i realized that it was a hasty decision as i dont know how to ride a bike ... however i know how and when to use clutch how to change gears and all about acceleartion but the main thing is i never drove one ... so i wanted to ask u all is it okay to learn on a new bike as many people told me first 1000km should be for running process and learning during that will affect the engine performance if something goes wrong ... i really need serious help and also please tell me what care should i take for a new bike ... jazakALLAH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first do not use new bike now ,, u should drain out all petrol out of tanki and keep it safe,,
    second thing learn the bike will take sometime may be a week , ask ur friend to teach it to u on their bike,
    third learn about the running process as it is a bit different then normal ride
    then u are ready to ride yoyr bike and perfect ur skills once u complete its running,,
    alternatively u can give ur bike to some of ur friend who wikk use it and complete its running and also u will use his bike,, ONLY TO LEARN ON IT and strictly under his supervision at open space then at streets open roads,, have his bike with u for a week and lend him urs ,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    first do not use new bike now ,, u should drain out all petrol out of tanki and keep it safe,,
    second thing learn the bike will take sometime may be a week , ask ur friend to teach it to u on their bike,
    then u are ready to ride yoyr bike and perfect ur skills once u complete its running,,
    alternatively u can give ur bike to some of ur friend who wikk use it and complete its running and also u will use his bike,, ONLY TO LEARN ON IT and strictly under his supervision at open space then at streets open roads,, have his bike with u for a week and lend him urs ,,
    Yes its a really nice idea given by asjdsm and suitable for you.
    Life is beauty, admire it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    jazakALLAH for helping me out i tried the bike for the first time today poured petrol in it and tried to run it but i made the mistake which every new rider use to make i released the clutch earlier and than the accelerator which resulted in bike not moving from its place ... from where can i learn about running because in the manual its written that bike should not be run on more than 50% of each gear speed and full throttle should be used but the throttle should not be used for long .. what does that mean ... bro can u give me some guidelines for running ...jazakALLAH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm
    Yaar running of a brand new zero meter bike is a bigggggggg joke.U should ride it on lower speed's for like 80 , 90 km's then slowly start to go a lil further on every 50 km's.So by 250 , 300 km's u will be free to ride it as fast as want to.1000 ka to sawal he paida nai hota.I buy a new model of hero every year and its my personal experience.

But after an engine rebuild running is absolutely must.U can mess up the engine pretty bad if u push it a little.
    To personally satisfy my own adrenalin needs, I've been racing Bikes a little bit, which has been fun.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ooo baba khuch nahi 60km pa chalao ziada acceletr mat do 500km k baad oil change karoo dn enjoy
    "Do not wait for leaders;
    do it alone, person to person"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zaka123 View Post
    jazakALLAH for helping me out i tried the bike for the first time today poured petrol in it and tried to run it but i made the mistake which every new rider use to make i released the clutch earlier and than the accelerator which resulted in bike not moving from its place ... from where can i learn about running because in the manual its written that bike should not be run on more than 50% of each gear speed and full throttle should be used but the throttle should not be used for long .. what does that mean ... bro can u give me some guidelines for running ...jazakALLAH
    if u got a 70 cc bike wot ever make u will see in her speedometer
    under 20 kmph 1 is written under 40kmph 2 is written 3 under 60kmph and 80 under 4
    it means in 1st gear accelrate till 20 kmph
    as in manual its written to accelrate her to 50% so in 1st gear 10kmph in 2nd so kmph and so on
    ride safe many congrats
    do show some pics
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw92 View Post
    @asjdsm
    Yaar running of a brand new zero meter bike is a bigggggggg joke.U should ride it on lower speed's for like 80 , 90 km's then slowly start to go a lil further on every 50 km's.So by 250 , 300 km's u will be free to ride it as fast as want to.1000 ka to sawal he paida nai hota.I buy a new model of hero every year and its my personal experience.

But after an engine rebuild running is absolutely must.U can mess up the engine pretty bad if u push it a little.
    ya dear to some extent i also think so but again at least one should be able to ride ,,
    so dear poster my advice is that u will damag it as u seems to have a bit difficuilty in shifting gears,,
    sincere advice books cant teachu how to ru a bike as efficiently as some acquiantace,, hope you first learn on old bike annd then use this bbike,,

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think if u have the bike for the first time, so there is no problem dear but u have to care about it the serious matter is that don't give Ur bike to every one because in one hand any thing u can used in more sophisticated way, and not yesterday butt tomorrow u will learn how to ride
    O Mafia

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile With refernece to bike care:)

As we are discussing bike care so i also want some info.
    I have also bought new unique cdi 70cc and as it is my first bike i want to gain the following info regarding it.
    1)As it will be my FIRST WASH what should i care for the front and rear mudgards to save it from rust? should i spray crude oil or petrol after the wash or something else(please elaborate)?
    2) Till now i have done 150kms and yes i will change oil at 500kms.. so regarding it when i take out the oil from the engine i should directly pour new oil or should i put some oil first run it for 10minutes then pour new oil (as I want to DIY).
    Following are the pictures of my bike.

Care for new bike -250947 Care for new bike -250948 Care for new bike -250949 Care for new bike -250950

P.S: Poster i hope this info will help u.
    3D Printers | 3D Printing | Biotechnology
    www.grit3d.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

congrats cursedd mashALLAH nice bike .... JazakALLAH all for helping me out ... btw i wanted to ask why there's a burning smell from engine is it because of a new engine or its something else ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cursedd View Post
    I have also bought new unique cdi 70cc and as it is my first bike i want to gain the following info regarding it.
    1)As it will be my FIRST WASH what should i care for the front and rear mudgards to save it from rust? should i spray crude oil or petrol after the wash or something else(please elaborate)?
    2) Till now i have done 150kms and yes i will change oil at 500kms.. so regarding it when i take out the oil from the engine i should directly pour new oil or should i put some oil first run it for 10minutes then pour new oil (as I want to DIY).

P.S: Poster i hope this info will help u.
    dear as far as washing is concerned do it from any petrol pump they do a very nice job,, also after wash ask them to spray diesel ,, that will help in avoiding rust and will also give it really nice shine,, but do it in din ka time.. total cost will be 60-70 rs,,including diesel,, if u want to it urself wash thoroughly the mudguards from both inside and outside,,some ppl recommend paint on inside of the mudguards to protect against rust,,

oil change is very easy just make sure that ur bike has been running for a while say 10 minutes when it is warm just remove old oil and make sure u remove all oil by turning the bike sideways ,, then just put new oil nothing more,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zaka123 View Post
    congrats cursedd mashALLAH nice bike .... JazakALLAH all for helping me out ... btw i wanted to ask why there's a burning smell from engine is it because of a new engine or its something else ???
    new engine at running does gives smell
    its bcoz its gtng use 2 the road n driving cnditns all parts r rollin together sab apni jaga p arha h dats y
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which china made bike has good resale and reliablilty

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ astaghfarullah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro first congratulations on the new bike. To make sure that rust does not affect your bike's mid guards, you can take the bike to any bike market in karachi. They will paint the mudguards from the inside, they use a tarcoal type liquid. It will keep the rust away for a very long time. At least they do so in Lahore.

For the oil change, I would recommend to have the oil changed at 300kms instead of 500. The oil which comes with the bike is usually sub-standard or low in viscosity. Get rid of it as soon as possible. Then change the oil every 800kms. Its a chinese bike and needs more care. Changing the oil at 1000kms or more than that will shorten the engine life.

And when changing the oil, you dont need to use a wash oil. Actually it is not recommended by qualified mechanics. because the flush oil which is used is usualy of low quality and you dont want bad oil touching the engine. It can be done with the regular good quality oil though. But it is only used after using the bike for a very long time and when one knows that the inside of the engine is blackened by the residue. Your bike is brand new, You dont have to do this for at least a year and a half.

Hope this helps u.
    Love thy Parents.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

@zaka: thnx bro.

@asjdsm: thnx bro... and here in karachi wash will cost me around 150/- with diesel not 60-70rs
    and inshallah i'll wash it my self so tell me which parts to spray diesel ??

@chery1: thnx for the info.. i have one question that which oil will be suitable for my bike?
    3D Printers | 3D Printing | Biotechnology
    www.grit3d.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zaka: thnx bro.

@asjdsm: thnx bro... and here in karachi wash will cost me around 150/- with diesel not 60-70rs
    and inshallah i'll wash it my self so tell me which parts to spray diesel ??

@chery1: thnx for the info.. i have one question that which oil will be suitable for my bike?
    that is outragiously high price
    so should do itt ur self,,
    they spray the deisel to the mudguards both inside outside crankcase , i think only seat ad tanki is spared ,, some one correct me if i m wrong cauz i did diesel last year,, anyhow,, u can rub the diesel with cloth onto it ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My experience has proven Caltex Hevoline Deposit Shield Multi-grade 20W-50 to be the best. But make sure you are buying the original and not the fake.
    Love thy Parents.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List