255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best running procedure for your bike guide

This procedure was originally posted by chery1 iam just narrating this so that it will be easy for the new comers to get there bike properly tuned and a proper way to break in to your engine.. I personally followed this procedure and results are more than satisfactory..

Quote Originally Posted by chery1
    The main objective should be to stay below or equal to 5.5k RPM. Not saying that this is the best possible way to break in the engine but only telling my experience.

==> First 200 kms @ max speed of 40km/h, 5.5K RPM
    ==> 200-500 kms @ max speed of 60km/h, 6.5K RPM(oil change)
    ==> 500-800 kms @ max speed of 90km/h, 7.5K RPM

==> 800-1000 kms @ max possible speed that I could get on an open road keeping in mind the safety. (oil change @ 1000kms, tuning, nuts tightened etc)

All the stages in the run in period, the speed must be kept variating. Do not drive for more than 30-40 minutes without giving a rest to the bike for the first 300 kms.
    I followed this procedure and results are more than astonishing i feel power in my bike's engine. one more thing dont accelerate slowly.. Just give bursts of acceleration after 200 KM .. But remaining below mentioned RPM's and then suddenly decelerated and then again a burst of acceleration to reach acquired RPM. Changing oil is an important part of breaking in.. I used CALTEX havoline .. first changed at 260Km and 2nd oil change at 950KM.

Iam completely satisfied with my bike's engine now.. The maximum speed that i touched is 125KM/h on ravi piaggio..

Any questions are more than welcome.. Hopefully chery1 will also assist in answering questions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    There's a saying in local language "Agar running ke dauran bike ni bhagayi to baad me bhi topspeed nahin de gi"
    My bike now gives me 90+ but i avoided hard breaking procedure..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The idea is to accustom the bike,s engine to its stroke cycle in a smooth way.

All of you must have noted that during the running in phase, the bike,s engine sounds like raw, or "kaccha". like its not at its best and stepping on the throttle makes u feel that the machine is falling short of the challenge. so the idea is to go slow and let all the new parts, the rings and piston , get properly seated in the cylinder.

The other day, I saw an engine of Yamaha 100, collapsing on the first day as the inexperienced rider got a friend to ride with him on the newly tied bike.Simple reason....the engine wasn't ready to handle the brunt of the additional weight and gave in.

As you advance in the break in phase, you feel your engine gaining in power, specially after having done 500 kms and finally when you have done your 800 to 1000 kms, you know that your engine has developed to its full potential, as upon throttling up , the bike responds to the challenge rather than complaining and noising.

Again its always desirable to break in the engine at relatively cooler operating temperature and that's why old timers always prefer doing engines in winters.

The early oil change has two objectives to cater for:
    to provide a safe lubrication environment to the new engine parts;
    to allow the dirt and grime caused during engine assembly to pass out with the dirty oil.

I remember that I bought a nw cg 125 in 2000 and desperate to get over with the break in phase as soon as possible, took out the new bike for a long ride from pindi to lahore and back in 2 days. It was my lack of knowledge and certainly undesirable as I realize today and recollect how the bike had problems of achieving smooth acceleration to higher speeds for the rest of its service life.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by flluffmaster View Post
    The idea is to accustom the bike,s engine to its stroke cycle in a smooth way.

All of you must have noted that during the running in phase, the bike,s engine sounds like raw, or "kaccha". like its not at its best and stepping on the throttle makes u feel that the machine is falling short of the challenge. so the idea is to go slow and let all the new parts, the rings and piston , get properly seated in the cylinder.

The other day, I saw an engine of Yamaha 100, collapsing on the first day as the inexperienced rider got a friend to ride with him on the newly tied bike.Simple reason....the engine wasn't ready to handle the brunt of the additional weight and gave in.

As you advance in the break in phase, you feel your engine gaining in power, specially after having done 500 kms and finally when you have done your 800 to 1000 kms, you know that your engine has developed to its full potential, as upon throttling up , the bike responds to the challenge rather than complaining and noising.

Again its always desirable to break in the engine at relatively cooler operating temperature and that's why old timers always prefer doing engines in winters.
    very well said!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam every 1.....am new to pakwheels forums....bought my ravi piaggio 10 days back..300 kms chal gae ha....ek mistake ye hue ha k i have not already read break in precautions in detail.....speed to mene 60 se uper nhe ki but ek he go me 45kms ka travel kia tha wo b mid day me.....now plz tell me k kia me chery1 k btae huay procedure par ab amal kr skta hun...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drkhuramch123 View Post
    salam every 1.....am new to pakwheels forums....bought my ravi piaggio 10 days back..300 kms chal gae ha....ek mistake ye hue ha k i have not already read break in precautions in detail.....speed to mene 60 se uper nhe ki but ek he go me 45kms ka travel kia tha wo b mid day me.....now plz tell me k kia me chery1 k btae huay procedure par ab amal kr skta hun...
    your bike can tell if it has recieved any damage or not but IMHO you can follow the instructions. I also throttled my bike once , I took bike from 2RPM to round about 7 and then returned back to normal driving.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kuch nahi hota bhai next time khayal rakhna.... and never ever do that again. ab ap chery 1, silver knife, r1, amjad, vicky tulla, hidalgo, devilskreed sab k bataye huay procedure par amal kar saktay hain.
    You are to ride the machine, machine is not to ride you..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedhasan92110 View Post
    kuch nahi hota bhai next time khayal rakhna.... and never ever do that again. ab ap chery 1, silver knife, r1, amjad, vicky tulla, hidalgo, devilskreed sab k bataye huay procedure par amal kar saktay hain.
    i have changed engine oil at 410kms......the ravi piaggio 3s dealer advised me to use zic a+......and also k next oil change ab me 2400kms par krwaon.....kia ye thek ha....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I changed my oil today! At 350 km! My Ravi guy told me to get Qatar oil qatco! So got that for 450 rs! Anybody has any experience with that oil? More ever the mechanic guy also loosened my throttle cable saying it was tight! Now I have to pulling more throttle to achieve same acceleration! I'm not liking they he loosened it without asking me? My hand was adjusted to that!

Sent from note 2 using pak wheels app
    ATGATT!!
    Four wheels move the body,two wheels move the soul!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have changed engine oil at 410kms......the ravi piaggio 3s dealer advised me to use zic a+......and also k next oil change ab me 2400kms par krwaon.....kia ye thek ha....
    Well i have seen Zic going good till 1500kms but do check your oil after 1000 kms. check for color and viscosity. if you found it in good condition carry on otherwise change it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Slickdesertfox View Post
    I changed my oil today! At 350 km! My Ravi guy told me to get Qatar oil qatco! So got that for 450 rs! Anybody has any experience with that oil? More ever the mechanic guy also loosened my throttle cable saying it was tight! Now I have to pulling more throttle to achieve same acceleration! I'm not liking they he loosened it without asking me? My hand was adjusted to that!

Get your cable fixed back again or ask for the reason. By the way cable should not be too tight. Dont use that oil i have also seen that oil on my mechanic shop. he didnt recommend me to use that. I have heard very good reviews about liqui moly 20w50 oil. Please select good quality oil for your bike. Like Zic,Liqui moly, Caltex Havoline and shell.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I changed my oil today! At 350 km! My Ravi guy told me to get Qatar oil qatco! So got that for 450 rs! Anybody has any experience with that oil?
    They will suggest you that oil which have the greatest margin in terms of price , that is why these people never recommend Shell oil because it has least margin for them. Most of people prefer caltex, you can also go for it i have used shell in bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by neodescorpio View Post
    They will suggest you that oil which have the greatest margin in terms of price , that is why these people never recommend Shell oil because it has least margin for them. Most of people prefer caltex, you can also go for it i have used shell in bike
    shitt! that means i got ripped off.should i keep using this oil for a while or immediatly change another one,like zic or liquimolly?
    ATGATT!!
    Four wheels move the body,two wheels move the soul!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shitt! that means i got ripped off.should i keep using this oil for a while or immediately change another one,like zic or liquimolly?
    Well in such a case a more experienced person can tell you but i will say give this oil a try, if you are not satisfied then change it. LiquiMolly is full synthetic oil i think. I'm planning to try it. I used ZIC in my 70CC and for 1500KM it gives seamless performance, I even dragged it to more then 2K once. but didn't used it in my RP. If you'er confused in choosing appropriate oil then go for Caltex because no one ever complained about it .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=syedhasan92110;4387892]Well i have seen Zic going good till 1500kms but do check your oil after 1000 kms. check for color and viscosity. if you found it in good condition carry on otherwise change it

thanx buddy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This procedure was originally posted by chery1 iam just narrating this so that it will be easy for the new comers to get there bike properly tuned and a proper way to break in to your engine.. I personally followed this procedure and results are more than satisfactory..

I followed this procedure and results are more than astonishing i feel power in my bike's engine. one more thing dont accelerate slowly.. Just give bursts of acceleration after 200 KM .. But remaining below mentioned RPM's and then suddenly decelerated and then again a burst of acceleration to reach acquired RPM. Changing oil is an important part of breaking in.. I used CALTEX havoline .. first changed at 260Km and 2nd oil change at 950KM.

Iam completely satisfied with my bike's engine now.. The maximum speed that i touched is 125KM/h on ravi piaggio..

Any questions are more than welcome.. Hopefully chery1 will also assist in answering questions
    So when you carried passenger with you during initial running period?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Farhansa View Post
    So when you carried passenger with you during initial running period?
    Well, it has nothing to do with pillion riding . I think its about maximum weight. Although i did pillion riding couple of times during break in

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 0 meter bike

0 meter bike ghar lany ride kar ke laen yaa phir walk karty hoe??

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hammad001 View Post
    0 meter bike ghar lany ride kar ke laen yaa phir walk karty hoe??

Ofcourse ride karke -_-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chery1 View Post
    I'm so glad that you achieved the desired results. Your bike would have gone one and would have touched 130km/h if you had enough track. I used to go to work at nights and used to 130km/h everyday. You know its funny, because it happened quite often that whenever I, (doing 90km/h) crossed a CG guy (who'd be doing less than that), he would come back strong and would pass me roaring like a Tiger. But when I used to catch up with the guy and cross him in my Top Gear, when the CG could do no more......and I still had miles of throttle to pull. That feeling is priceless. Its like saying without saying....'Take that! Ha .... Ha'
    That seems a bit impossible. CG has the best top speed.
    Which model was that CG?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chery1 View Post
    I'll be happy to answer any questions about this and will be glad to help anyone I can.
    bro how to complete bike running in Murree city hill station some people told me drive in lower gears some says 3rd to 4th gear but dont increas speed i am confuse wht should do i have honda deluxe and running is near to 200 km plz help

thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List