255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Best running procedure for your bike guide

This procedure was originally posted by chery1 iam just narrating this so that it will be easy for the new comers to get there bike properly tuned and a proper way to break in to your engine.. I personally followed this procedure and results are more than satisfactory..

Quote Originally Posted by chery1
    The main objective should be to stay below or equal to 5.5k RPM. Not saying that this is the best possible way to break in the engine but only telling my experience.

==> First 200 kms @ max speed of 40km/h, 5.5K RPM
    ==> 200-500 kms @ max speed of 60km/h, 6.5K RPM(oil change)
    ==> 500-800 kms @ max speed of 90km/h, 7.5K RPM

==> 800-1000 kms @ max possible speed that I could get on an open road keeping in mind the safety. (oil change @ 1000kms, tuning, nuts tightened etc)

All the stages in the run in period, the speed must be kept variating. Do not drive for more than 30-40 minutes without giving a rest to the bike for the first 300 kms.
    I followed this procedure and results are more than astonishing i feel power in my bike's engine. one more thing dont accelerate slowly.. Just give bursts of acceleration after 200 KM .. But remaining below mentioned RPM's and then suddenly decelerated and then again a burst of acceleration to reach acquired RPM. Changing oil is an important part of breaking in.. I used CALTEX havoline .. first changed at 260Km and 2nd oil change at 950KM.

Iam completely satisfied with my bike's engine now.. The maximum speed that i touched is 125KM/h on ravi piaggio..

Any questions are more than welcome.. Hopefully chery1 will also assist in answering questions

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Guys,

So I have went to Honda and end up going through a new engine, Base , piston, Rings, Gears , Clutch plates, all new, so the bill was 17k for CG 125 model 2011(black) . did effect my monthly plans -_-. These company outlets I hope they do a good job?

So I am on 210 Km now and I have started giving it bursts of acceleration to 4000RPM ( till Speed as 60 Max)
    I would get the oil change at 300Km instead of 500km. I dont know why but I feel like doing that with the messed up oil.
    Finally at 800 KM i will go 90Km/h with acceleration?
    On final Oil change at 900km or 1000Km I will see if this method did help My bike go at-least 115 to 120 Km/h. Like Silver_Knife & Cheryl1 stated. I certainly hope it does!
    The Honda guys just opened the engine cleaned it and put in everything new in 2 hrs

Best Regards I will keep everyone posted!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List