Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CG 125, Model 2011

Hello Everyone,
    Over the past couple of weeks I have been going through this forum as I am kinda new to the whole motorcycling scene and its got loads of info on related matter. I just wanted to create a thread specifically for the 2011 model, even though I realized that for the past many years their have been minor or no changes at all in the cg125. I have bought this as my very first ride and everyday is a new experience. So how many of you guys have got this model and would you like to share the positive/negative aspects that you might have come across so far. I mean like I can't get the bike to kick-start with out the choke IF the engine is not hot enough( wonder why ). I mean even if I run down to the local market and switch it off and 5 mins later when I come back it still wont kick start properly . Also the average is not what the people told me it should be I mean certainly nobody told me it was gonna be 32 or 33, should be more like 40 or something, no ?
    P.S : Everyone told me to get the Tank and Side Covers ( Tanki Tapay), so I did that too ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations on your new bike

As for your queries
    Since the bike is new and the engine is cold during the morning it will never start unless you use the choke (my CD 70 also doesn't start). Even in the owner's manual it is written to start a cold engine using choke.

After you have started the bike using choke don't just push the choke back ( i mean turn it off ) keep it a little bit pulled and than ride off, after 4 or 5 kms when you feel the engine is sufficiently hot enough than completely turn off the choke ( make sure it can't be rotated any further ).

If you have driven your bike for like 10 to 15 minutes, turn off the bike and than try to kick start it (without using choke ) it should start at first kick if still it gives u a problem than you need to see HONDA mechanic (he might do some tappet adjustment ).

As for the economy during the break in period ride at economy speed (i don't know if economy speed is labelled on the meter in a 125 as you can see in my pics in CD 70 it is labelled ). CG 125 give max 35/36 km/l.

And lastly but most importantly
    Ride safe
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats On Ur New Purchase have a Safe and Sound Ride of a mean Machine!!!

There must be problem with tippets and the starting problem that must be due to fuel flow it would be less thats why you are getting this problem. Nothing very serious issue! Go to any Good Mechanic only the recommended by AHL.

Although not only AHL changing the Graphics in every model all are doing same Engine Specs are same of CG125, YB100, Junoon CD100 and rest of 70 makers.. but good step taken by Ravi they made Piaggio Bike and Honda CG125 Deluxe both are with 5 Gear Speed and having EURO-2 Technology and performance wise are better then other Bikes, Sporty Style, Front Disc Breaks and overall change looks for these 2 Bikes.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Chaudhary007 : Thanks for the quick reply. If the problem persists any further I'll surely follow your guidelines

A lesson I learn't today without suffering any damage is that when in a turn don't try to control your bike with the help of gears (i.e shifting down) as the bike tends to slip when you do this in turns, although its a sound technique when the road is straight and you are not going through a turn .

Something else I wanted to discuss was the running. Although my bike is new Im riding it a lil' hard because just like when in a new car if you set bad gear ratios then your car will behave in the same manner even after the running is complete and hence it wont be at its full potential. Same goes for a bike as well, i guess...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    There must be problem with tippets and the starting problem that must be due to fuel flow it would be less thats why you are getting this problem. Nothing very serious issue! Go to any Good Mechanic only the recommended by AHL.
    Hmmm.....interesting. I thought that a new bike was supposed to have its fuel flow set a little higher then recommended, so that the engine parts stay well oiled (or sth) and that is why it was giving me this problem. Any ways at my first 1000 km. tune up I'll be sure to bring up these issues with the mechanic.
    Cheers...

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes R1, those are some really great Mods that you have going for yourself. I have also seen this thread previously. And I know for a fact that you are a great and experienced rider and you are one of the few people that most of the people on PW address if they have any questions about their bikes ......As i have gone through this forum very thoroughly I was very sad and shocked when somebody stated that R1 had died racing. But thankfully you are still here......And my friend, you too ride safe

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Am Happy and Healthy by the Grace of Almighty that was a Rumor by a Member of Quetta but I'm alive and Enjoying with My CG and Busa.. Thanks For Ur Pray.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today I raced the bike with another 125, model was same but that was almost driven 6-7 months. First their were two riders so I din let him get away. But when one of them got off he totally kicked my *** really bad man, I can tell you this much for sure. Then I gave that guy my bike and told his friend to drive his bike, he did beat his own bike came back from behind!!!
    But I think there are two factors here. One he waited 52, and me 92 and second he was a much experienced rider and his gear shifting was great. But I think I can expect some better performance after the 1000 km. tuning. Is that right ? And what does the mechanic actually do while tuning the bike to increase its performance. Enlighten me, anyone ???
    Talk to The Hand =;

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    CG 125 give max 35/36 km/l
    sorry but i disagree. i have gotten average of 42 /litre several times from my 3 year old cg125. and on GT road it gave me 47 km/l. But if i rev it very hard and try to race each and every guy on the road then I have gotten as low as 37km/l. It all depends on ur driving style. A decent city drive can get around 42km/l whereas an aggressive drive will fetch around 37 km/l.

With CG125 what i have seen is no matter what you get minimum 35/litre in city. My my cousin gets 35km/l on his cg 125 and believe me this guy always pulls the throttle all the way when bike is in 1st gear (desi term mein kehte hain na gear khenchna) and rides like a maniac.
    The only time i got lower mileage was when i went to Northern Areas. There was loads of charhai and bike was in first gear and at high rpm most of the time. that time i got around 32km/l. That is the lowest figure I have ever achieved.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 89khan View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Over the past couple of weeks I have been going through this forum as I am kinda new to the whole motorcycling scene and its got loads of info on related matter. I just wanted to create a thread specifically for the 2011 model, even though I realized that for the past many years their have been minor or no changes at all in the cg125. I have bought this as my very first ride and everyday is a new experience. So how many of you guys have got this model and would you like to share the positive/negative aspects that you might have come across so far. I mean like I can't get the bike to kick-start with out the choke IF the engine is not hot enough( wonder why ). I mean even if I run down to the local market and switch it off and 5 mins later when I come back it still wont kick start properly . Also the average is not what the people told me it should be I mean certainly nobody told me it was gonna be 32 or 33, should be more like 40 or something, no ?
    P.S : Everyone told me to get the Tank and Side Covers ( Tanki Tapay), so I did that too ....
    brother plz mention how much has the bike run? a brand new bike wont give good top speed or fuel economy initially. from my experience after 5000kms the bike starts to achieve best mileage and good top speed and pick improves as well. If your bike has run less than 5000 kms then wait for it to complete that mileage.
    on the other hand if the bike has already run 5000kms then i think problem is with tappet settings. get them adjusted. Also change your riding style, let the engine oil lubricate the bike before you go all out on that throttle, drive decently for around 5 mins before u let the 'vtec kick in'
    Also ride your bike at high RPMs for a few days and then see increase in pick and top speed.
    As for CG125 remember anything below 35km/l is not acceptable no matter how rash you drive (unless u deliberately increase fuel to get little more pic and speed). The reason for low mileage could be anything from bad carburetor settings to blocked air filters. So get your bike tunned from a nice ustaad. What i have seen is that the technology of cg125 is so old that our local mechanics know this machine inside out (i think they can overhaul cd70 and cg125 engines in their sleep ). Tell the ustaad your problem and he will set it as you like. Before I go to Northern Areas I always ask my mechanic to put 'jaan' in the bike. And trust me the pick and top speed increases but fuel economy falls. Our mechanics can set it anyway you like. My friend has adjusted his 125 in a such a way that the bike refuses to go above 80km/h and gives jerks (at 80km/h) as fuel setting is too low but believe you me he gets around 48km/l in city drive.
    So dont take tension brother, ask around for a good mechanic and show him your bike. All will be well.
    And also brother if you are not already then try using 20w-40 engine oil instead of 20w-50.
    I hope was of some help. There are many good experts on PW and they will surely help u further in the matter.
    Take care

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

jets and needle badla lo,,, carburetor k,, replace with original honda parts,, they r upto specs,, ur avg will be ok ,, as the fuel is controld by carb,,and it r these tiny jets that regulate the flow of fuel,, replace pilot jet,main jet and needle and needle jet,, with same number,inshaallah avg will be ok,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother plz mention how much has the bike run? a brand new bike wont give good top speed or fuel economy initially. from my experience after 5000kms the bike starts to achieve best mileage and good top speed and pick improves as well. If your bike has run less than 5000 kms then wait for it to complete that mileage.
    on the other hand if the bike has already run 5000kms then i think problem is with tappet settings. get them adjusted. Also change your riding style, let the engine oil lubricate the bike before you go all out on that throttle, drive decently for around 5 mins before u let the 'vtec kick in'
    Also ride your bike at high RPMs for a few days and then see increase in pick and top speed.
    As for CG125 remember anything below 35km/l is not acceptable no matter how rash you drive (unless u deliberately increase fuel to get little more pic and speed). The reason for low mileage could be anything from bad carburetor settings to blocked air filters. So get your bike tunned from a nice ustaad. What i have seen is that the technology of cg125 is so old that our local mechanics know this machine inside out (i think they can overhaul cd70 and cg125 engines in their sleep ). Tell the ustaad your problem and he will set it as you like. Before I go to Northern Areas I always ask my mechanic to put 'jaan' in the bike. And trust me the pick and top speed increases but fuel economy falls. Our mechanics can set it anyway you like. My friend has adjusted his 125 in a such a way that the bike refuses to go above 80km/h and gives jerks (at 80km/h) as fuel setting is too low but believe you me he gets around 48km/l in city drive.
    So dont take tension brother, ask around for a good mechanic and show him your bike. All will be well.
    And also brother if you are not already then try using 20w-40 engine oil instead of 20w-50.
    I hope was of some help. There are many good experts on PW and they will surely help u further in the matter.
    Take care

Lmao @ Vtek kick in..... any ways brother thanks for the detailed reply to my queries and I am sure you are quiet an experienced campaigner your self . And the mileage is no way near 5000, more like 550 kms. That's what I heard from a lot of people the 40km/ltr average. Well I have my fingers crossed as 40 km/Ltr is much better the 30 or 32. I'll talk to the mechanic about this after my first tune up. Btw I wanted to ask a few maybe irrelevant questions (read noob)at this point. When you fill up your tank, whether You have the Fuel knob on RES, or ON. The reserve section is filled up first right?
    Secondly what is your method of measuring your average?
    Thirdly what RPM is best for attaining maximum acceleration and while shifting should I ease up on the throttle just a tad or should I just keep it where it is to gain maximum acceleration?
    AND after how many kms do you recommend before an oil change and tune up as far as city drive is concerned?
    Thanks
    Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    jets and needle badla lo,,, carburetor k,, replace with original honda parts,, they r upto specs,, ur avg will be ok ,, as the fuel is controld by carb,,and it r these tiny jets that regulate the flow of fuel,, replace pilot jet,main jet and needle and needle jet,, with same number,inshaallah avg will be ok,
    Will you take a look at this. After you buy a new Honda Motorcycle you have to fit it in with original Honda parts too.....Lol....Jk....
    Talk to The Hand =;

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 89khan View Post
    Lmao @ Vtek kick in..... any ways brother thanks for the detailed reply to my queries and I am sure you are quiet an experienced campaigner your self . And the mileage is no way near 5000, more like 550 kms. That's what I heard from a lot of people the 40km/ltr average. Well I have my fingers crossed as 40 km/Ltr is much better the 30 or 32. I'll talk to the mechanic about this after my first tune up. Btw I wanted to ask a few maybe irrelevant questions (read noob)at this point. When you fill up your tank, whether You have the Fuel knob on RES, or ON. The reserve section is filled up first right?
    Secondly what is your method of measuring your average?
    Thirdly what RPM is best for attaining maximum acceleration and while shifting should I ease up on the throttle just a tad or should I just keep it where it is to gain maximum acceleration?
    AND after how many kms do you recommend before an oil change and tune up as far as city drive is concerned?
    Thanks
    Fuel knob should be on ON. Dont worry reserve gets filled first. The fuel tank is 9.2 litres out of which 2 litres is reserve.
    There is a big debate on how to measure average. Some say to measure using just 100ml. I think this is impractical method as it doesnt show realistic figures. The best method according to me is:
    1. Fill the tank fully and note mileage
    2. When fuel finishes and bike stops, turn the fuel key to reserve and note mileage.
    3. deduct the initial mileage with this mileage and devide by 7.2 litres (as this the tank capacity minus reserve)
    This way you will get the realistic average depending on the way your ride and the environment that you ride in.
    For maximum acceleration, the best is to shift at around 6000 RPM. cg125 develops top power at 4500 RPM. but if you shift at this speed then your RPM will fall below 4500 RPM and you will fall out of the maximum power zone. On the other hand if you shift at 6000 RPM then your bike will come to around 4500 RPM thereby keeping you bike in max power zone. And always let go of the throttle while you shift and then bring it back to where it was after you have changed gears and released the clutch. I have seen people who dont use clutch when changing gears up. I dont recommend this method but i guess it helps achieve max acceleration.
    In city driving I change my engine oil after 1500 kms in winter and 1000 kms in summer. And i use 20W-50 in summer and 20W-40 in winter.

Your bike is just new bro. So it will give very bad mileage and pick. After initial 1000kms the tappets will be properly adjusted and you will start getting more power and mileage from bike. this improvement will continue till 5000kms. At that point you bike will have achieved its best speed and mileage and pick will also increase.

Hope that helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Fuel knob should be on ON. Dont worry reserve gets filled first. The fuel tank is 9.2 litres out of which 2 litres is reserve.
    There is a big debate on how to measure average. Some say to measure using just 100ml. I think this is impractical method as it doesnt show realistic figures. The best method according to me is:
    1. Fill the tank fully and note mileage
    2. When fuel finishes and bike stops, turn the fuel key to reserve and note mileage.
    3. deduct the initial mileage with this mileage and devide by 7.2 litres (as this the tank capacity minus reserve)
    This way you will get the realistic average depending on the way your ride and the environment that you ride in.
    For maximum acceleration, the best is to shift at around 6000 RPM. cg125 develops top power at 4500 RPM. but if you shift at this speed then your RPM will fall below 4500 RPM and you will fall out of the maximum power zone. On the other hand if you shift at 6000 RPM then your bike will come to around 4500 RPM thereby keeping you bike in max power zone. And always let go of the throttle while you shift and then bring it back to where it was after you have changed gears and released the clutch. I have seen people who dont use clutch when changing gears up. I dont recommend this method but i guess it helps achieve max acceleration.
    In city driving I change my engine oil after 1500 kms in winter and 1000 kms in summer. And i use 20W-50 in summer and 20W-40 in winter.

Your bike is just new bro. So it will give very bad mileage and pick. After initial 1000kms the tappets will be properly adjusted and you will start getting more power and mileage from bike. this improvement will continue till 5000kms. At that point you bike will have achieved its best speed and mileage and pick will also increase.

Hope that helped

Ohk....Thanks for those helpful tips. Your time and effort is appreciated
    Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

maximum speed attained today, 90 on Kashmir Highway and 9th avenue. I was pushing the bike but nothing, nada. But lets c if I can do more after the tune up
    Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa..
    to all bros yar i am going to buying new cg 125 2011 in a week..I have no purchasing experience plz help me by suggesting some tips.What things or points i should kept in mind while going to franchise.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Things to check before buying the bike will be listed in the first few pages of the owners manual that you receive when buying the bike...
    Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also people which company's petrol is the best for a motorcycle i.e PSO, Caltex, Shell etc. In terms of performance, mileage etc ???.....or is their no difference?
    Talk to The Hand =;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List