Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc

hi
    as the title suggests.. i have undertaken this small project.. so far i have made my bike partially ready.. here is what i have done so far..

1:installed a 4 wheeler Cylinder of 107cc capacity
    2: and a corresponding Cylinder head..

both the things were just bolt on fit.. no new timing chain was needed..
    i also upgraded to an after market china carburettor that comes for qingqi 100cc rickshaw.. did nothing to the jets ..mixture is a bit rich but proper setting is needed.current jets are unlabelled. however from spark plug reading mixture is in acceptable range...

So far results are quite decent...pick is increased . very much..it reaches speeds of 80 in fairly short time..top speed is 90 but it severely vibrates past or close to speeds at 80. current sprockets are 14/41 default..
    UPDATE [17/06/2012]
    after i added the clutch box and sprocket was changed to 15/41 top speed is 100 and no vibrations..
    the new 110cc head is exactly the same as of the chonda 70 only difference is the size of combustion chamber which is slightly enlarged for the 52.4mm cylinder as opposed to the 48mm chamber of chonda 70.. The intake valve is 23mm and the exhaust valve is 20 mm.same values as of default cylinder head of dhoom 70. silencer is the same old of dhoom 70..

Now i need suggestions/verifications as to what should i do to make it a bit faster.. in-fact not faster but to make the gears longer as at speeds above 60 (definitely in 4th gear) it seems as if it needs to be shifted to next gear..

Now, one mechanic suggested me to use the following
    1: qinqgi clutch gear..and he said it costs 800-900 rs in new.. DONE
    2: and also to upgrade to 3 discs/plates clutch boxa...( infer for yourself
    what he meant.) DONE
    3:someone also suggested me to open the ports ( portain khuli kara lain) [To be done]
    4: replace the paper type filter element with a foam type ,, [To be done]
    will make a video about the project on what i have done so far.. in a couple of days. and rearrange this thread..

also suggest a good mechanic..in pindi islamabad..

thanks..
    ---------------------------------------------
    Some pics of the new cylinder head (110cc)
    This is the combustion chamber of 110cc cylinder..
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287370

Following pic show the scale next to the centre line of a 110cc combustion chamber ..my readings using vernier scale were as follows.
    the inner circle is of 40mm dia same as in dhoom 70 chamber
    the outer is of 52mm dia , 4mm bigger then the chamber of dhoom 70
    depth is same for both..at the center line..
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287371

vernier calliper showing the outer dia.
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287372

110cc cylinder installed.. along with a piston. the piston was partially seized but the mechanic who installed it said it is ok.. many mechanics also said so.. however rings were new. of STR.. the rings which i bought were for 150 rs and they were of zero number from united 100cc bike..(that bike in reality is a 110cc)
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287373

Piston at BDC of the cylinder.
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287374

another view of piston at BDC .
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287381

Piston at TDC. not the piston was flat shaped but there was too much compression.. so we tapper cut the piston.. that's why the piston looks pretty old at centre and clean at the edge... this pic was take after this piston did some 20 Km ...
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287382

Another View of Piston at TDC,
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287383

Picture of Exhaust port from cylinder head.. no silencer installed yet..
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287384

another view of the exhaust port of the cylinder , silence isn't installed yet..
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287385

Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -287386
    ---------------------------------------------

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm
    Yaar mujhe pata hai par main tank aur side covers aur thori visuals change kar raha houn. I hope you like it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    @asjdsm
    Yaar mujhe pata hai par main tank aur side covers aur thori visuals change kar raha houn. I hope you like it
    goodluck
    keep us informed
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    yar mobile chori ho gia ha,, pic / video ka koi tareeqa nahi ab mera paas,,

so far its running good,,,
    murre road pa bahot jaldi teesra gear ma hi 80 ki speed achieve kar jathi ha,, chotha gear ki nobaath nahi parthi,,

top speed so far noted by me is 100, fully loaded double sawari,, sitting like sofa set,,

consumption in city ride is 46-50,, and more or less 50 on long ride to murree with double sawari,, but pick is awesome,,,

sound is a ditto of qingqi rickhaw,,

have done almost 3000 km on this engine,, still running great,,
    however muja itni umeed nahi thi,, cause cylinder used ma lia tha and uss ma aik ghara tha jo bhoth bara tha,, i was thinking of it smoking from day 1 but it never smoked,,and still no smoke,, inshallah whe i get time i will bore it to sd110 piston as the rings of that piston are very thin so there will be less resistance on piston,, as the surface contact area of rings is reduced also that will give a true 111cc capacity,, currently it is 104cc,,
    and current compression ratio is 9.5+ to 1.. which is high,, with sd110 piston which has pockets for valves that ratio will fall to something below 9.5 ,,
    very good bro aor aap ne compression ratio kis tarah calculate ki?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zbrdst hy yar.
    U R getting Power+Economy both.
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all volume swept by piston and the the volume left when the piston is at tdc..
    measred the combustion chamber with fluid by putting very smal drops,, then calculated the volume of gasket,then used mud to calculate the small volum inside of cylinder left when the piston was at tdc,,

cyclinder volume was calculated for entire stroke minus the volume left when the piston was at tdc,,,

and played with these figures,,

as it was first time doing it,, there were some issues like too much compression which needed high octane to avoid pre detonation,, was awresome power when compression was 11:1 ..approx,, but was hell difficult to kick start it,, played with piston crown rshaved some part and also sized gaskets to reduce it to 9.5+ to one,, stiull a bit high should be somewhere clost to 9 or a tad above 9,, i checked sd110 piston it is in my opinnion a perfect choice,,,

bas ab jab time and money mila ga tho 2 kam karoun ga,, 1 sd 110 ka piston 2 port ka sath kuch khailun ga,, thora sa open karounga tho our zuada power ayagi,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ya Go for Porting & SD110 piston rocks in modification.
    Next i will also do porting Insha Allah!
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

all volume swept by piston and the the volume left when the piston is at tdc..
    measred the combustion chamber with fluid by putting very smal drops,, then calculated the volume of gasket,then used mud to calculate the small volum inside of cylinder left when the piston was at tdc,,

cyclinder volume was calculated for entire stroke minus the volume left when the piston was at tdc,,,
    and how much volume the combustion chamber have? i wanna calculate my bike`s compression ratio. and tell me about pressure (psi) after this modification and Squish clearance too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeas i used maths,,elementry,,,
    once u understand what is compression ratio,, u can use any method be it analytical or mathematical to arrive at the resullts,,

get the equation for compression ration in single cylinder 4 stroke and understand its arguments u will b ok,,

i did both ways but analytic was easy as all i have to do is find volumes ,, mathematical equations involves volumes that cannot be easily compute as the surface of piston is not flat,,and u only know combustion chamber is spherical,,u dont know its equation,,

i would recomend u a small urdyu book that i had posted in soft copy edition in a thread search it and u will get the equation there,, or u can purchase it from the market at 50 rs ,, iis very nice handy book,, though very poorly written and wrong units are used but will give u a starting point to exploire further,,

back to ur question,, read about compression ration ,, amnd read my previous post ,, u will get ur results,,

if still u have problem just get results and i will help u in finding the final answer,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaYB100 View Post
    and how much volume the combustion chamber have? i wanna calculate my bike`s compression ratio. and tell me about pressure (psi) after this modification and Squish clearance too
    once u understand what is compression ratio,, u can use any method be it analytical or mathematical to arrive at the resullts,,

get the equation for compression ration in single cylinder 4 stroke and understand its arguments u will b ok,,

i did both ways but analytic was easy as all i have to do is find volumes ,, mathematical equations involves volumes that cannot be easily compute as the surface of piston is not flat,,and u only know combustion chamber is spherical,,u dont know its equation,,

i would recomend u a small urdyu book that i had posted in soft copy edition in a thread search it and u will get the equation there,, or u can purchase it from the market at 50 rs ,, iis very nice handy book,, though very poorly written and wrong units are used but will give u a starting point to exploire further,,

back to ur question,, read about compression ration ,, amnd read my previous post ,, u will get ur results,,

if still u have problem just get results and i will help u in finding the final answer,,

also i donot have pressure gauge to measure pressure in psi

squish volume wo hotha ha jo piston ka sides pa cylinder wall ka sath cylinder ki surface ka andar hi occupy hotha ha,, it also includes the gasket volume,,

i calculated it using clay,,(matti) ,but mix some used engine oil and very think shopper so the clay wont attach to the piston,, then put clay on that face,, then cut that clay extra part with thread,, then get that clay into a syringe it will give u volume in cc,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for double post net problem,, but second post has few additional words,,

also regarding cr for air cooled 4 stroke engine which can only have 91 octane rating and has to work in various different environments the cr shoul not exceed 9.5 ,,
    jab 11 thi tab bike ma bahoth kharak thi par normal petrol pa bahoth missong kar raha ytha pure high octane sa full tunn chal raha tha,, pick was awesome ,,, achanak race daina sa lagtha tyha ka kahien bijli k shoclk laga ha,, but starting required powerful kick,, and i have knee problem,,so had to reduce cr,,

yb100 what exactly r u doing,,r u doing only for measurement or doping some ffine tuning?
    which bike it is,,
    the rato is calculated in a bit different way,,,
    and if u r doing it only for measurement u would be a bit disappointed to know the results on chondas which claim to have 9.3:1 cr,, they hardly have 9:1 cr,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw i dont need a book i already knew it i want to know that how you assume the compression ratio to 9.5:1 and i asked about compression chamber volume ? it means you didnt calculate it .. for formula i tell you.
    according to you if you have a 104cc cylinder then compression chamber volume will be.

CCV=CV/CR-1
    CCV=compression chamber volume
    CV= cylinder volume
    CR= compression ratio
    CCV=104/9.5-1
    CCV=104/8.5
    CCV= 12.23cc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yb100 what exactly r u doing,,r u doing only for measurement or doping some ffine tuning?
    bro i have yb100 and rx i want to make it more powerfull

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i calculated it using clay,,(matti) ,but mix some used engine oil and very think shopper so the clay wont attach to the piston,, then put clay on that face,, then cut that clay extra part with thread,, then get that clay into a syringe it will give u volume in cc,,,
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaYB100 View Post
    btw i dont need a book i already knew it i want to know that how you assume the compression ratio to 9.5:1 and i asked about compression chamber volume ? it means you didnt calculate it .. for formula i tell you.
    according to you if you have a 104cc cylinder then compression chamber volume will be.

CCV=CV/CR-1
    CCV=compression chamber volume
    CV= cylinder volume
    CR= compression ratio
    CCV=104/9.5-1
    CCV=104/8.5
    CCV= 12.23cc
    lol..
    man i did it,,i explained it,,i told it,,and it was more or less in this range i think i didnt posted thos figure,,
    u did it mathematically,,i did it practicallly,, have u any doubt in how i calculated the chamber volume? i told u tha i poured liquid using syring drop by drop,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol..
    man i did it,,i explained it,,i told it,,and it was more or less in this range i think i didnt posted thos figure,,
    u did it mathematically,,i did it practicallly,, have u any doubt in how i calculated the chamber volume? i told u tha i poured liquid using syring drop by drop,,,
    no need to lol i agree and i have a honda cd70 2007 model could i make this modification in this bike coz it has a small cylinder and i dont know about its bore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buddy are u asking are taking my exam? first u ask then i explain then u come out to declare my results/work void...
    if u or anyone has anything to declare anything just go ahead,,,

i would assume u r asking,,
    so yes u can do these mods,, but as i havent done to a honda cd 70 so i cant exactly tell u what problems u could face,,firstly apart from things that i did in chonda , u would hve to increase the stroke as well as the bore is increasing to much ,, for that u need new crankshaft,new connecting rod,, sp kharcha bahoth ziada aya ga and khwari bhi bahoth ha,, ya sab cheezain srf 78cc wala chondas pa fit hothi hain,, and as a previous membber said he just bored it to cd 100 piston and got awesome results,, so chonda are much tweak friendly

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buddy are u asking are taking my exam? first u ask then i explain then u come out to declare my results/work void...
    if u or anyone has anything to declare anything just go ahead,,,

i would assume u r asking,,
    so yes u can do these mods,, but as i havent done to a honda cd 70 so i cant exactly tell u what problems u could face,,firstly apart from things that i did in chonda , u would hve to increase the stroke as well as the bore is increasing to much ,, for that u need new crankshaft,new connecting rod,, sp kharcha bahoth ziada aya ga and khwari bhi bahoth ha,, ya sab cheezain srf 78cc wala chondas pa fit hothi hain,, and as a previous membber said he just bored it to cd 100 piston and got awesome results,, so chonda are much tweak friendly
    i am asking janab and i have not a chonda main bike stock hi rakhon to acha hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ya if its honda better it be stock,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this vibration is due to big engine with small capacity gearbox….so now 107cc engine produce more torque on crank shaft and power is being lost because gears are short(as for 70cc bike) so the extra power which is generated by 107cc engine causes vibration because gears reached it maximum torque in less time and remained power is use less which cause vibration……so for over come vibration u should use load on engine which can utilize that power which is being lost… so for that gear change is required which is not possible for some condition we can change its sprocket …if sprocket is kept larger then standard it will deliver less torque to wheel then standard sprocket and in this way bike will gain more speed accordingly ….so your dissipated power will be utilized and vibration will be lower because of less power dissipation…..
    i made a diagram to make it clear…
    Project Dhoom YD 70 Upgrade to 110cc -339281
    this process will increase gear length will decrease power accordingly..
    Zindagi 300 km se age shuru hoti he..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks nbuddy for expaining it,,
    i went with this logic,,
    as there are three levels of gears/reduction.. one at crank shaft provided by clutch gear,, ext the gears it self,, 3rd the sprocket,, earlier it was very torquey but top speed was not affected,, then i changed the clutch gear that did some nice job still myuch torquey,,then did sprocket alteration,, went just one tooth up on front now top speed that i can conistantly achieve is 100 and still very soft,,and torque is also good,, not as awesome as was earlier without the sprocket but a decent one,,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List