3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS 150 Maintenance

Hi all, I'm new to riding and unfortunately, mechanically disinclined. I wanted to ask can someone give me basic maintenance tips or advice on the Suzuki GS 150? Like how often should I replace oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and spark plug and etc?

I have tried googling some websites but none found specifically for the Suzuki GS150. So if anyone could
    give me advice and be as detailed as possible? Thank you and thanks for your time!

P.S

My bike has completed around 2800 km. I usually get the engine oil replaced after every 1000 km but never replaced oil filter! The service center person also didn’t tell me anything about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about consulting the owners manual?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wait for Pak wheelers owners of GS 150cc replies, they will guide you. as i don't have this bike so i cant say anything abt it.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@streetdevil first of all congrats on ur new purchase, I am not a bike expert, just a simple user of this nice machine and this is how i take care of my bike.

oil change after every 800~1k km , oil filter change after every 2k km , just changed the fuel filter once in 6 years coz it got broken while i open to clean the net inside, air filter after every 15k km(but u have to get it clean when u go for tuning) and spark plug after every 10k km( but get it charge at 5k~7k km).
    U R not checking papers so stop pointing out sp and gram mistakes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gr8_paki Thanks for detailed information

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gr8_paki View Post
    @streetdevil first of all congrats on ur new purchase, I am not a bike expert, just a simple user of this nice machine and this is how i take care of my bike.

oil change after every 800~1k km , oil filter change after every 2k km , just changed the fuel filter once in 6 years coz it got broken while i open to clean the net inside, air filter after every 15k km(but u have to get it clean when u go for tuning) and spark plug after every 10k km( but get it charge at 5k~7k km).
    Sir, would like to have a detailed feedback regarding your ownership of GS 150. Since how long you have this bike? what are the pros and cons of this machine, i m an infinite user of cg125, have kept CGS through my entire life, obviously the CGS also have some pros and cons from which now i m not afraid since i have kept quiet some numbers, now for a change i m seriously thinking to buy GS 150 but people are making me scary in the way that:

Parts bht costly hain
    Maintenance bht costly hai
    is mein aik company default hai, iski timming chain laazman awaz krti hai no matter how many time you replace it
    resale value bilkul nahi hai
    Allah na kare agr isk engine mein kaam nikal aae tu aap apne ghr ka bartan waghera sale krne k liye tayar hojaein.

pls help out bhai, jo batana woh true experience batana cuz spending something like 50-60K means alot to me
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ziddipathan View Post
    Sir, would like to have a detailed feedback regarding your ownership of GS 150. Since how long you have this bike? what are the pros and cons of this machine, i m an infinite user of cg125, have kept CGS through my entire life, obviously the CGS also have some pros and cons from which now i m not afraid since i have kept quiet some numbers, now for a change i m seriously thinking to buy GS 150 but people are making me scary in the way that:

Parts bht costly hain
    is mein aik company default hai, iski timming chain laazman awaz krti hai no matter how many time you replace it
    Allah na kare agr isk engine mein kaam nikal aae tu aap apne ghr ka bartan waghera sale krne k liye tayar hojaein.

pls help out bhai, jo batana woh true experience batana cuz spending something like 50-60K means alot to me
    I am also thinking of gs150. So this info would also help me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pakistani mentality cannot be changed , the first thing u will hear from a customer is that does the bike has good resale value whereas the question should be regarding quality , performance etc.in my view cg125 has completed its product lifecycle , and is in the declining phase , i dont know why ppl still opt for a bike which is 30yrs old technology all to all.but thats me , u have ur own views.GS 150 is also not an exception but is a step forward.
    The Rules R Simple ....... U Break Them - U Die

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    pakistani mentality cannot be changed , the first thing u will hear from a customer is that does the bike has good resale value whereas the question should be regarding quality , performance etc.in my view cg125 has completed its product lifecycle , and is in the declining phase , i dont know why ppl still opt for a bike which is 30yrs old technology all to all.but thats me , u have ur own views.GS 150 is also not an exception but is a step forward.
    its not pakistani mentality its every human's mentality who earns his/her money with hard efforts, investing something like 50-60K wouldnt be a problem for some people but can be a worrying issue for a salaried person like me .
    in case of emergency if i would have to cash my vehicle, ultimately it would be a nightmare for me investing 50-60K and then getting a rebate of half of its price. its not that k honda does not depreciate but as compared to suzuki its much more like a cash deposit.
    Talking about quality, yesterday have bought GS-150 2007 model tip to toe original, sealed engine, even carburettor still sealed with its original owners manual, original extra key and tool kit still inside the bike. it definitely has an edge over Cg in terms of technology and engine design.
    But at last would definitely say "CG CG hai us jese bike na honda ne kbhi banae thi or na banaega dobara" for reference check this link why japanese thought to create a machine HONDA CG 125 cheers!

Honda Worldwide | History
    You will beat us with technology and speed???? we will beat you with experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    I am also thinking of gs150. So this info would also help me.
    Allah ka naam leke le lo, agr used lo tu koi genuine condition me lena or agr new tu isse achi tu koi baat hi nahi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default oil filter

regarding oil filter for the first time it should be changed at 1000 km (as per manual)

i changed mine at 1300 (i didnt know it should be changed , but while looking at the manual, saw it and had it changed)

you don't even need a mechanic to change it, just get the filter from a Suzuki shop, open the three screws remove the old replace the new.

thats what the mechanic did, next time i'll do it on my own .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Suzuki GS 150 Maintenance Tips

Quote Originally Posted by streetdevil View Post
    My bike has completed around 2800 km. I usually get the engine oil replaced after every 1000 km but never replaced oil filter! The service center person also didn’t tell me anything about it.
    congratulations on completing 2800Km on you new ride.
    I have also completed 2000km on my GS150 today.
    Regarding your questions,

Engine Lubrication Oil: I changed it every 1000-1500Km interval, although the Suzuki Showroom mechanic told me that Oil can be used up to 3000Km. I however, prefer to keep the engine clean of burnt ashes. If for some reason oil can't be changed, I guess we should check its level at least and refill it up to the required level.

Engine Oil Filter: The mechanic says, first time it should be changed after 1000km maximum. Afterwards, we can safely replace the oil filter after every 3000km.

Air Filter: Should be washed whenever desired, usually I make sure to clean it (or get it cleaned) after every 1000Km or 2 weeks (keeping in view the dust conditions of Northern Lahore).

Spark Plug: If you keep your engine oil clean, you don't have to bother much about that. Yet, after every 3000km, have a look at the spark plug, if it has carbon deposit on its terminals, use sand paper to clean them. And adjust the gap between two terminals if required.

Wish you all the best with your wonderful ride.
    ~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS 150 Apprehensions..?

Quote Originally Posted by ziddipathan View Post
    Sir, would like to have a detailed feedback regarding your ownership of GS 150...
    ... people are making me scary in the way that:

Parts bht costly hain

Well bro, I'll address one by one to your questions,
    1. Parts boht costly hain..
    2. Maintenance bohat costly hy..
    Ans: Genuine Parts are costly because they are always of good quality. Honda CG k bhi agar genuine parts lain to bohat costly hain. Quality comes with Cost.
    However, Suzuki GS150 is not a 'workshop hungry' bike. Maintenance ka kaam nahi niklta is main. It runs smooth for quite a long period, you just have to make sure that the engine oil, oil filter, air filter are well maintained.

3. Timing Chain Defect?
    No. There is no such defect in the present models of GS 150. In past (2008) models, there was an issue of CDI system but it is resolved now.

4. Resale value?
    In my personal (and humble) opinion, resale value should be the least point to bother about. The factors that matter the most are, reliability, comfort, power, fuel consumption, road grip, handling, ability to cruise for long drives etc.
    ~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for late info paksuzuki is doing free motorcycle checkup
    Suzuki GS 150 Maintenance - 2011 11 15 162413

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro it looks awkward to post same message in multiple post ,especially if all posts happens to be on first page ,just a personal opinion,, btw thanks for the info about free check-ups,, hope someone may benefit from it,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much is a ravis frnt fender for ???? and can it be fixed easily on my gs , i dont like the chrome fender , its not going with the changes ive made , silver knife do u have any idea bro?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi Parts & Rates

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    how much is a ravis frnt fender for ???? and can it be fixed easily on my gs , i dont like the chrome fender , its not going with the changes ive made , silver knife do u have any idea bro?
    got this from the piaggo Karachi office just before EID, sorry didn't asked about fender

Suzuki GS 150 Maintenance - 2011 11 0220152314

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^no problem bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is a bit of wobble in my rear wheel, and it makes the ride terrible at 80+ below this speed i don't feel it.

i think i need to get my (wheel through) or maybe a problem with the tire, can any1 tell me about a good tyre shop/mechanic in Karachi near either of these areas sadar, orungzaib market, ranchor, mehmodabad who can properly check and correct this.

i got my wheel throug at runchor line a few months ago, i dont think that guy did a good job.

i think its useless to take it to company showroom as they dont deal with such issues.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Friends, I am finally planning to buy a new bike as well, i also cant decide which bike i should buy, (cg-125 , gs-150),but i m really interested in gs 150, i wanted to knw if the pick and max speed of 150 is higher or less than 125?
    the other thing is that i wwont stay in pak after 4 years from nw, so whatever bike im going to buy right now i hve to think of its resale value as well,so please help me out!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List