4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help Needed

Assalam u alaikum .... i hope u all are fine by the grace of almight ALLAH ... i need some help from pw karachi bikers ... i am about to change engine oil of my bike previously i used caltex havoline but it seems that i got the fake one because at around 500km done the colour of oil has somewhat become dark with blackish tint in it the bike is in running period still clocked at 850kms ... now i want help from karachi members ... can anyone help me out from where i can get the genuine havoline not the fake one .... jazakALLAH

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Usually all bike engine oils turn black just after a few KMs of change, and mostly u cant catch a fake engine oil over an original one on the color basis...
    The color changes due to carbon these high reving, bad carbed, miss tuned engines produce... If these manufacturers wud hav focussed on producing EFi bikes, or atleast wud have used carbs and valves and jets from some quality manufacturer, the story wud hav been different...

Havoline is the best engine oil, just buy it from a reliable source.
    Check its viscosity and notice the feel, sound and response of engine to detect the quality of engine oil... Not the color.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx automotorsport lover for the helpful info .... but i wanted to know form where i can get genuine havoline in karachi any specific place .... are the ones available at caltex pumps genuine .... i've also heard about TOTAL engine oil is it in any way good for my motorcycle .... and if i get it from TOTAL pump ????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The ones sold through the company operated pumps should be genuine. And don't worry, oil in an engine is supposed to turn dark brown or black. If it is not, it's not doing it's job removing the dirt from the engine. you should check oil by viscosity and not by color. Take a drop of oil and feel it with your fingers. If it sticks, it's good. If it's not pasty and more watery, it's probably fake.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah superman u r right ... i got it wrong ... the havoline i used before is not fake its still viscous i checked it by taking a drop on my finger and rubbing it .... but still the question remains can anybody tell me any specific pump in karachi preferabaly in and around gulshan,nazimabad and fb area from where i can get hold of genuine oil or should i go for the same shop from where i bought havoline before but the main problem is if somewhat the shopkeeper is sincere which is a rarity here sometimes even they dont know that the oil they are selling is fake or genuine its still very hard to distinguish between the fake and genuine one just by seeing its packaging ...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List