Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike engine oil disappearing !!

Salam brothers.

My cg125 classic 2008 model has had a habit of reducing engine oil since last year. And all of these times it turned out to be worn off engine seals. I put new seals about 2 weeks ago and today I got lot of heat from engine just after 2 mins of starting it. So i got it checked and there was no engine oil. The engine got so hot after just 2 mins that a part of dip stick broke and fell right in front of me (when mechanic took it out for checking the engine oil level). There was no engine oil leakage visible and no white smoke from the silencer. I am very tensed about the problem as it keeps coming back and back. The engine seals I am talking about are located on left side of the engine. The side where clutch lever is. But this time there is no oil leakage visible from there. This problem has given me a lot of tension. Kindly suggest some remedy.
    I would appreciate if you guys can suggest some expert mechanic in lahore. I bought this bike last year and I am the third owner. The previous owners had only kept the bike for about 1 year each. I am now beginning to think that this maybe a manufacturing fault with the bike that is why previous owners have sold it.
    I really need help in this regard. Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear if there is no oil leakage at the case sides it may be worn rings and piston. what the mechanic suggested?
    did he performed engine compression test?
    pleas i would recomend opening the entire engine and checking it,, as it has been runnng with obviousy small levels of engine oil,,
    if rings and valves are ok,, AND ythere is no visible leakate of the oil at the outer surfaces of case AND there is no blue smoke then most probably the oil is leaking into the places whiuch are not meant to store oil,, such as the magnetto side,,
    friend r in deep blue waters now,,,and u should absolutely go with an engine overhaul,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if ur bike emits smoke then definitely it is rings problem. you need to overhaul the engine.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    dear if there is no oil leakage at the case sides it may be worn rings and piston. what the mechanic suggested?
    did he performed engine compression test?
    pleas i would recomend opening the entire engine and checking it,, as it has been runnng with obviousy small levels of engine oil,,
    if rings and valves are ok,, AND ythere is no visible leakate of the oil at the outer surfaces of case AND there is no blue smoke then most probably the oil is leaking into the places whiuch are not meant to store oil,, such as the magnetto side,,
    friend r in deep blue waters now,,,and u should absolutely go with an engine overhaul,,
    i consulted with another mechanic now during my work break. he didnt perform any engine compression test. He also couldnt find any leak and confirmed that no smoke is coming from silencer. So it is not case of weak rings. I put brought engine oil and he filled it in.
    One thing I would like to add. The engine gets hot very quickly. And its engine seals break very often. So i think my bike maybe getting more hotter than normal.

One last thing. The tip of the 'dip stick' broke off and fell into the engine when mechanic was taking it out to see engine oil level (the engine was that hot!!) Do i need to open the engine and get that small plastic piece out? The mechanic said dont worry about it. What is ur opinion?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    i consulted with another mechanic now during my work break. he didnt perform any engine compression test. He also couldnt find any leak and confirmed that no smoke is coming from silencer. So it is not case of weak rings. I put brought engine oil and he filled it in.
    One thing I would like to add. The engine gets hot very quickly. And its engine seals break very often. So i think my bike maybe getting more hotter than normal.

One last thing. The tip of the 'dip stick' broke off and fell into the engine when mechanic was taking it out to see engine oil level (the engine was that hot!!) Do i need to open the engine and get that small plastic piece out? The mechanic said dont worry about it. What is ur opinion?
    By God that mechanic is a big duffer and a big idiot! Get it out asap! U know what? Even dust shud not enter that chamber.! And he has left a whole dip stick in it to ruin the engine! Great!

Buddy talk to them sternly, theyr all looters!
    And i expect if there r no leakages.. the oil might be disappearing due to bad valve seals... actually a small pump pumps engine oil from chamber to the engine head.. and small seals behind the valves stops it to enter the combustion chamber.. (The cylinder and piston)
    U shud ask ebt it too.. and plz change ur mechanic, find an honest man...
    If the seals are bad, engine oil might be getting combusted with fuel itself! And mechanics might be waiting tht ur engine and connecting rod gives away completely and then they can charge u Rs9000 for a complete overhaul!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+ u shud note here that if valve seals are bad.. the compression still remains the same, and there is not that much smoke from the silencer... jus a lil bit..
    So bad valve seals wudnt show up in a compression test...

However if this is the problem, then u shud change the valve seals and piston rings both!! As nw ur piston rings are also a bit damaged...
    once the engine is open, change rings, seals.. get valve grinding, and new engine oil. Always use original Honda parts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post

The dip stick piece will most probably be somewhere inside the clutch cover thus there is no need for a complete engine dismantle. Depending on the length of it, It should be accessible enough for someone to fish it out eventually.

The oil cannot just magically vanish away in thin air without getting noticed, It has to go somewhere.

Here is what I would do.
    Check oil level through the dipstick.
    Warm up engine for 10-15 minutes by letting it idle.
    During the warm up, look closely at the engine seals for leakage and the exhaust for smoke emissions. You would need to blip the throttle occasionally while inspecting the exhaust to decide if the engine internals are okay.
    If there is no sign of any smoke or oil leakage, I would move on to check the engine vent pipe (Beneath the carburetor) Any smoke that you could notice? The air, is it cool or warm?

How long does it usually take for the crankcase to go dry?
    Any unusual noises you could hear from the engine?
    Any performance drawbacks?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    By God that mechanic is a big duffer and a big idiot! Get it out asap! U know what? Even dust shud not enter that chamber.! And he has left a whole dip stick in it to ruin the engine! Great!

Buddy talk to them sternly, theyr all looters!
    And i expect if there r no leakages.. the oil might be disappearing due to bad valve seals... actually a small pump pumps engine oil from chamber to the engine head.. and small seals behind the valves stops it to enter the combustion chamber.. (The cylinder and piston)
    U shud ask ebt it too.. and plz change ur mechanic, find an honest man...
    If the seals are bad, engine oil might be getting combusted with fuel itself! And mechanics might be waiting tht ur engine and connecting rod gives away completely and then they can charge u Rs9000 for a complete overhaul!!
    thanks for your reply. Even I was surprised that he asked me not to worry about the plastic in engine. Unfortunately i am at work till 10pm. I will have to ride the bike tonight and then get it out tomorrow. I am going to go to honda 5s dealer tomorrow and get it checked thoroughly.
    It is hard to find honest mechanic. They always try to screw you out of something. I have changed mechanic so many times.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
    The dip stick piece will most probably be somewhere inside the clutch cover thus there is no need for a complete engine dismantle. Depending on the length of it, It should be accessible enough for someone to fish it out eventually.

The oil cannot just magically vanish away in thin air without getting noticed, It has to go somewhere.

Here is what I would do.
    During the warm up, look closely at the engine seals for leakage and the exhaust for smoke emissions. You would need to blip the throttle occasionally while inspecting the exhaust to decide if the engine internals are okay.
    If there is no sign of any smoke or oil leakage, I would move on to check the engine vent pipe (Beneath the carburetor) Any smoke that you could notice? The air, is it cool or warm?

as highlighted do so,,
    that plastic could clog ur oil pathway,, oil is transmitted from sump to head through very narrow pathways,,agar wo band ho gaya tho engine gaya,,
    pahla wo nikal lo,, most probable wo clutch wali side khola sa nikal jaya ga,,

ur mechanic is absolutely ******** for troubleshooting,,never go to him for such,,

bhai oil crank case ka breather pipe ma sa bhi nikal satha hay,,,

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is what I would do.

bhai i couldnt find the vent pipe. Which one are u talking about?
    the bike gets really hot and very quickly. If i start the bike and ride for two minutes then i will start feeling lots of heat around my foot. Usually this much heat used to come when i was stuck in a bad traffic jam on a hot day.
    I got my engine oil changed after 1000kms and only about 300 ml came out. I was very surprised. The mechanic said to pour oil and check level after 500 kms. Now 500 kms are done and engine oil was again gone. But this time almost all it was gone. Plus engine got so hot that part of dip stick fell off. After I filled the engine oil today bike's engine was not as hot as before. So definitely less engine oil made it hot.
    There is a little noise coming from engine when idle. It is something like a 'slithering' sound.
    Performance is good. I have to travel once a week to bahria town and bike easily does 100 - 110 km/h on the road. But the fuel economy has gone down. I am getting about 32km/litre. The pick of bike is still great as well.
    One more thing, as i said earlier, the engine seals near the magnetic coil (left side of the bike where gear lever is) get broken a lot. I have now changed that seal about 3 times since last year. I think this is because the engine gets too hot as engine oil level decreases. What is ur opinion brother?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfiqar gave an excellant answe on y ur seals get broken/leaked again and again in one of ur previous thread,,

check he engine case breather pipe,,oil will escape through that,,

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfiqar gave an excellant answe on y ur seals get broken/leaked again and again in one of ur previous thread,,

check he engine case breather pipe,,oil will escape through that,,
    bhai could u be kind enough to copy paste reply here?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...ls#post3035006
    the ollowing reply was given by Xulfiqar
    If your motorcycle engine is leaking oil from the seal behind the magneto and its a new seal - its not the seals fault but the shaft is running askew, most probably because the mechanic did not use a puller to remove the magneto and used a hammer on it.

The only correct remedy is to remove the crankshaft and align the crankwheels again using a dial gauge and the crank spinning on a lathe (not the chacha jee eyballing it) Be sure to lock the crankpin with bearinglock compound.

If the seal is hardened to hell - replace it - remove it with a "cut screw" and pull it out, when replacing use a pipe over teh crankshaft axle and tap it home. If the seal boss is gouged you may use a tiny bit of silicone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can find the vent pipe on the engine case right below the carburettor take a look from the right side where the kick is .. check that ...
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would move on to check the engine vent pipe (Beneath the carburetor) Any smoke that you could notice? The air, is it cool or warm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeye117 View Post
    you can find the vent pipe on the engine case right below the carburettor take a look from the right side where the kick is .. check that ...
    Brothers I found the vent pipe. The end of the pipe has oil deposits and is oily.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so app ka oil wahan sa escape kar raha hoga,,it ius possible,

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so app ka oil wahan sa escape kar raha hoga,,it ius possible,
    so what is the diagnosis? If oil is escaping from there then does it mean that rings are weak? how to fix the problem brother?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

andhar khol ka daikhna paray gaaa,,
    better u go to a good mechanic,,

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

andhar khol ka daikhna paray gaaa,,
    better u go to a good mechanic,,
    brother mechanic said same thing. he said that engine needs to be opened. he suspects some faulty valve. But i am not in favour of getting the engine opened. Coz once it gets opened it rarely gets fixed back the correct way. Engine overhaul karwana parey ga phir.
    And I think it is very early to go for overhaul. I do not even see white/blue smoke from exhaust. When that happens I will go for whole overhaul. Till then I will continue to ride it. Mechanic said to just pour 250ml of engine oil after every 500 kms. That is temporary solution but I do not want to go for an entire overhaul.
    Do you thnink I can find a good running cg125 engine at Bilal gunj?

Also do Honda 5s dealerships do engine overhaul? If they do I will prefer them as they will put original parts.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother i checked again today. air coming out of the vent pipe is cool. I checked after I came back from work now. Also the end of the pipe has blackish oily deposits on it. SO what does this mean brother?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List