Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Bike engine oil disappearing !!

  1. #1
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Bike engine oil disappearing !!

    Salam brothers.

    My cg125 classic 2008 model has had a habit of reducing engine oil since last year. And all of these times it turned out to be worn off engine seals. I put new seals about 2 weeks ago and today I got lot of heat from engine just after 2 mins of starting it. So i got it checked and there was no engine oil. The engine got so hot after just 2 mins that a part of dip stick broke and fell right in front of me (when mechanic took it out for checking the engine oil level). There was no engine oil leakage visible and no white smoke from the silencer. I am very tensed about the problem as it keeps coming back and back. The engine seals I am talking about are located on left side of the engine. The side where clutch lever is. But this time there is no oil leakage visible from there. This problem has given me a lot of tension. Kindly suggest some remedy.
    I would appreciate if you guys can suggest some expert mechanic in lahore. I bought this bike last year and I am the third owner. The previous owners had only kept the bike for about 1 year each. I am now beginning to think that this maybe a manufacturing fault with the bike that is why previous owners have sold it.
    I really need help in this regard. Thanks.


  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother mechanic said same thing. he said that engine needs to be opened. he suspects some faulty valve. But i am not in favour of getting the engine opened. Coz once it gets opened it rarely gets fixed back the correct way. Engine overhaul karwana parey ga phir.
    And I think it is very early to go for overhaul. I do not even see white/blue smoke from exhaust. When that happens I will go for whole overhaul. Till then I will continue to ride it. Mechanic said to just pour 250ml of engine oil after every 500 kms. That is temporary solution but I do not want to go for an entire overhaul.
    Do you thnink I can find a good running cg125 engine at Bilal gunj?

    Also do Honda 5s dealerships do engine overhaul? If they do I will prefer them as they will put original parts.
    u can go with temporary solution ,, but it will not stop the problem,,it will only SLOW DOWN the rate at which deterioration occurs,,
    for ultimate solution u would have to dig inside,,
    it is never too early to open engine,, infect it is always good tpo open engine early at the start of an issue that warrants opening of engine,,
    if ur rings piston are not problematic ,, it doesn't needs to be changed change,, and hence no boring,,
    after opening all the items will fit properly,, if and only if opened properly,,i.e if proper tools are used,,which some mechanics dont do,, jider aik specified tool chaia hotha ha wahan wo hathora or paichkas sa hi kam chala laitha hain,, result denga cylinder,,
    in my opinion if u don't have money issue go for engine opening,,
    final words:
    why are u waiting for a big problem to occur in order to fix a small problem?
    its good that ur bike is not smoking ,, so that means u wont have to rebore,and have new piston and rings,,, plus it also minimized the chances for any head work,, , most probably there will be very little problem inside and may be the mazfdori would out cost the needed items price,,

    agay aap ki marzi ha..

  3. #22
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    u can go with temporary solution ,, but it will not stop the problem,,it will only SLOW DOWN the rate at which deterioration occurs,,
    for ultimate solution u would have to dig inside,,
    it is never too early to open engine,, infect it is always good tpo open engine early at the start of an issue that warrants opening of engine,,
    if ur rings piston are not problematic ,, it doesn't needs to be changed change,, and hence no boring,,
    after opening all the items will fit properly,, if and only if opened properly,,i.e if proper tools are used,,which some mechanics dont do,, jider aik specified tool chaia hotha ha wahan wo hathora or paichkas sa hi kam chala laitha hain,, result denga cylinder,,
    in my opinion if u don't have money issue go for engine opening,,
    final words:
    why are u waiting for a big problem to occur in order to fix a small problem?
    its good that ur bike is not smoking ,, so that means u wont have to rebore,and have new piston and rings,,, plus it also minimized the chances for any head work,, , most probably there will be very little problem inside and may be the mazfdori would out cost the needed items price,,

    agay aap ki marzi ha..
    Thanks for the detailed reply brother. I think next month after I get my pay I will go for engine check up. Can you kindly reply 2 questions,

    1. do honda 5s dealers do engine overhaul or changing of engine rings? or we have to rely on local mechanics for this work?

    2. what does it mean if engine vent pipe is blowing cool air? and what does it mean if it is blowing hot air?

  4. #23
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brothers I gave my bike to mechanic today. He opened the head and said that valves need to be changed as well as the rings. Rest engine is all good.
    I will get the bike in the night when i will go home. I hope the problem will go away now.
    Thanks for all your input and suggestions brothers
    JazakAllah

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    so u only need to have valve job and new rings.. not new piston?
    as him to put the cross hatch design on the cylinder wall .. i dont know what they call it ... but it is called honing . jis ma ziada tar kharadiay aik razmal ko aik mota loha par roll kar daitha hain and cylinder ko is ka upar chara daitha hai.. and then cylinder ko move kartha hai.. i also posted a video of a kharadia doing it..

    it costs hardly 50 rs.. but this will help in lubricating the cylinder.. as the default design would have been smoothened..

  6. #25
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    so u only need to have valve job and new rings.. not new piston?
    as him to put the cross hatch design on the cylinder wall .. i dont know what they call it ... but it is called honing . jis ma ziada tar kharadiay aik razmal ko aik mota loha par roll kar daitha hain and cylinder ko is ka upar chara daitha hai.. and then cylinder ko move kartha hai.. i also posted a video of a kharadia doing it..

    it costs hardly 50 rs.. but this will help in lubricating the cylinder.. as the default design would have been smoothened..
    brother i dont know about this. I gave my bike and came to work. Now I got a call from him that bike is ready but he made a huge bill, more than rs.3000!!
    When I will go home I will see what he put and did. My friend went to pick the bike and the mechanic gave a long list of things he did and put. But he also gave 1 year warranty so that is good. Tomorrow i will ride it and then tell you all how is the performance.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    waiting to see the bill
    you should have not left ur bike with him and let him buy all the needed stuff,,they mostly cheat and write a lot of things which weren't bought in reality in the cache memo ,which they give u,,
    they swindle alot,,

    i prefer everything done before myself and i buy the things from the shop of my liking,,and i discuss these things before hand,, in the ed i collect all used parts and take them from them ,,

  8. #27
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    waiting to see the bill
    you should have not left ur bike with him and let him buy all the needed stuff,,they mostly cheat and write a lot of things which weren't bought in reality in the cache memo ,which they give u,,
    they swindle alot,,

    i prefer everything done before myself and i buy the things from the shop of my liking,,and i discuss these things before hand,, in the ed i collect all used parts and take them from them ,,
    brother I prefer to do things same way. But my work schedule has increased a lot. I am at office till 10pm. I do not have time to take myself. My very close friend told me to get work done from his mechanic. So i gave my friend the bike in the morning and went to work on his bike.
    I got the bill now from him. It is rs.2390. He gave discount of 190 so final bill is rs. 2200.

    He has very bad writing and I can barely make out what he has written. In the morning I will ask him to say what he did and I will write it down.

    From what I can read it is this:

    ring seal - 480
    valve seal - 490
    something to do with valves - 360
    again something with valves - 120
    all i can make out is Hao gasket - 90
    this i cannot read a word - 30
    looks like chalay hook - 90
    Labour - 350
    front wheel bearing (I asked him to check and replace this as another mechanic had told me it needs changing) - 310
    spark plug (he chnaged without my telling him) - 70

    total - 2390
    discount - 190

    final - 2200

    I have yet to ride the bike.

    BTW if you remember i posted a previous thread regarding smell of petrol from bike. He finally caught it. The fuel pipe has a very small split in it. This was causing slow escaping of petrol. The split was near the tank fuel key. So he simply cut a bit of pipe from that end.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    he also mentioned rings? not mentioned.. anyhow its reasonable ,,
    good that it is done on time.hope now it doesn't creates any problems and goes smooth for u,,

  10. #29
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    he also mentioned rings? not mentioned.. anyhow its reasonable ,,
    good that it is done on time.hope now it doesn't creates any problems and goes smooth for u,,
    I hope too that the bike goes smooth now
    Today I saw a cg125 that was 2001 registered. It was sparkling clean. It looked like it just came out of the show room. some people really keep their bike in top condition. All the chrome was sparkling. The odo meter read 78000 kms. I think it had engine overhauled. But i think he also got his bike re-chromed. It was very beautiful mashallah

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother I prefer to do things same way. But my work schedule has increased a lot. I am at office till 10pm. I do not have time to take myself. My very close friend told me to get work done from his mechanic. So i gave my friend the bike in the morning and went to work on his bike.
    I got the bill now from him. It is rs.2390. He gave discount of 190 so final bill is rs. 2200.

    He has very bad writing and I can barely make out what he has written. In the morning I will ask him to say what he did and I will write it down.

    From what I can read it is this:

    ring seal - 480
    valve seal - 490
    something to do with valves - 360
    again something with valves - 120
    all i can make out is Hao gasket - 90
    this i cannot read a word - 30
    looks like chalay hook - 90
    Labour - 350
    front wheel bearing (I asked him to check and replace this as another mechanic had told me it needs changing) - 310
    spark plug (he chnaged without my telling him) - 70

    total - 2390
    discount - 190

    final - 2200

    I have yet to ride the bike.

    BTW if you remember i posted a previous thread regarding smell of petrol from bike. He finally caught it. The fuel pipe has a very small split in it. This was causing slow escaping of petrol. The split was near the tank fuel key. So he simply cut a bit of pipe from that end.
    Good.. So as expected u had bad valves and valve seals!
    Hope he put everything original.. only he knows, except the spark plug which is chinese and is almost useless in long run, u wud have to change it quite soon.. always use NGK original spark plug 130Rs.

    Well and other comments:

    Piston rings - 480 thats f9..
    valve seal - 490 F9..
    something to do with valves - 360 ?? I dnt knw wht he charged here?
    again something with valves - 120 It must be vavle grinding from kharadia!
    all i can make out is Hao gasket - 90
    this i cannot read a word - 30
    looks like chalay hook - 90
    Labour - 350 reasonable
    front wheel bearing (I asked him to check and replace this as another mechanic had told me it needs changing) - 310 Isnt it tooo expensiv for a bearing? i thought bearing just costs 100-150Rs(Chinese/tiwanese) and works well?
    spark plug (he chnaged without my telling him) - 70 Hmm cheap one!

    Overall congrats and good luck! Hope ur problem is solved now!

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sounds like a problem...
    -livin it up in 4 chak....

  13. #32
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    always use NGK original spark plug 130Rs
    brothers are these easily available at shops?

  14. #33
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brothers I want to update you all about the bike performance. It feels more refined now. The biggest change is stable RPMs. Before my idle rpms would keep jumping from 1500 to 1700 then back to 1500 and so on. Now they stand steady at 1500. Also the bike's engine is more quiet. When I am standing at signal I feel that bike has switched off. But it is actually running.
    The mechanic said to keep it below 50 for 200kms. So after that i can comment further on its performance.
    Thanks for all the help brothers

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dear fellow buy an ngk spark plug and keep it in ur tool box,,whenever wherever ur bike gives starting problem just replace it,

  16. #35
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    dear fellow buy an ngk spark plug and keep it in ur tool box,,whenever wherever ur bike gives starting problem just replace it,
    I think it is already giving. It takes 2 or 3 kicks to start bike. Before it was just one kick. I think I will get it replaced tomorrow.
    Is NGK plug easily available in market? Will honda 5s dealers have it?

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    I think it is already giving. It takes 2 or 3 kicks to start bike. Before it was just one kick. I think I will get it replaced tomorrow.
    Is NGK plug easily available in market? Will honda 5s dealers have it?
    Yes bro its v.v.easily available and all bikes use original NGK plug as stock! So u wud get it.. there are copies of it,u might get a fake one if u buy from a wrong place!
    but yes its available v.easily!

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Heartiest congrats! And MashAllah for ur bike's good performance!
    Now better keep going to this mechanic who has opened ur engine and knows what work was req, whts done and condition of rest of the parts!

  19. #38
    Site Banned Follow
    BlueHorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Heartiest congrats! And MashAllah for ur bike's good performance!
    Now better keep going to this mechanic who has opened ur engine and knows what work was req, whts done and condition of rest of the parts!
    Thanks for all the help brother.
    This mechanic seems to be good. I will keep going to him now. he is cheaper too. My mechanic used to charge me rs.150 for tuning but this mechanic charge only rs.100

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,478
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Thanks for all the help brother.
    This mechanic seems to be good. I will keep going to him now. he is cheaper too. My mechanic used to charge me rs.150 for tuning but this mechanic charge only rs.100
    yar 150 pa tho ider pindi/islamabad ma road side pa baitha hova mechanic 70 ki tuning kartha hain..khashbow laga kay,,

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    N0m1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,056
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @BlueHorn,Congrats bro 4 ur bike & ur mechanic going good.Also charging fine.Or han jese k @automotersport ny kha k usny engine bnaya hy or wo tmam condition janta hy.To ab usy mechanic k pas jana bhtr hy.(Y)

    Hahaha.What's this khashbow laga kay,,?
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •