Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: What to BUY? GS 150 OR Storm 125?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up What to BUY? GS 150 OR Storm 125?

Aoa Guys! How r u doing?

as mentioned before in another thread one of my cousin is selling his Honda CG125 and wants to buy a self start bike like Suzuki 150 or Piaggio due to his knee dislocation problem...

Now wht i want to know is a real inside info frm the co. and/or first hand info from the users of the latest models of these bikes that which one is better in terms of quality?

We all know that these companies keep switching the quality level as per the economic and political conditions of the country! and these days conditions are NOT GOOD!

So can anyone help me decide which brand is good? we dont want to get in trouble by getting messed up with warranty claim problems, crappy electronic problems, our main requirement is Over all quality + quality control!

So wht u guys suggest? which one is better?
    Guide ebt best mechanic availabilities across whole Lahore of each brand? Electricians?Spare parts availability etc?

fuel consumption, comfort, good brakes etc are add ons.. but main concern is reliability! So rate on terms of a flawlessly working bike, rather than over looks or shashkas!

Thanks!

THE VOTING BEGINS! Support ur votes with ur logics and experience!

Similar Threads:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Note:
    * I want Info ebt 2011 latest make bikes and their quality!
    * What ebt used models of Gs if they were better in quality? going 4 a used one is a considerable option?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I have never driven a gs150 but i do own a storm so storm 125 gets my vote
    Slow and steady wins the race.I know strange thing to say over here isn't it?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Aoa Guys! How r u doing?

as mentioned before in another thread one of my cousin is selling his Honda CG125 and wants to buy a self start bike like Suzuki 150 or Piaggio due to his knee dislocation problem...

Now wht i want to know is a real inside info frm the co. and/or first hand info from the users of the latest models of these bikes that which one is better in terms of quality?

We all know that these companies keep switching the quality level as per the economic and political conditions of the country! and these days conditions are NOT GOOD!

So can anyone help me decide which brand is good? we dont want to get in trouble by getting messed up with warranty claim problems, crappy electronic problems, our main requirement is Over all quality + quality control!

So wht u guys suggest? which one is better?
    Guide ebt best mechanic availabilities across whole Lahore of each brand? Electricians?Spare parts availability etc?

fuel consumption, comfort, good brakes etc are add ons.. but main concern is reliability! So rate on terms of a flawlessly working bike, rather than over looks or shashkas!

Thanks!

THE VOTING BEGINS! Support ur votes with ur logics and experience!
    Salam Bro:

You are also an active member of this session and you know about merits and demerits of both bikes

Still its very kind of you to consult members opinion before buying. I never driven Gs150 but it has some issues as my friend owns one like CDI etc

Still i would like to give you my experience with ravi piaggio 125

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuel consumption
    : Its niether good nor bad, People say that you get around 55kmpl but i cant get more than 40kmpl

Comfort
    : Buddy its very very comfortable bike, Shocks are adjustable and very responsive. You will enjoy its comfortability

Braking: Excellent, It has front disk brake with 1 piston calliper which ensures safe braking and front and rear brakes are opp. to each other with makes it stable while you apply brake.

Grip: Excellent, Enhanced grip due to wide tyres and heavy body

Topspeed and acceleration: Gets your around 125km/h with decent acceleration although acceleration is not comparable to CG125

After Sales and Service: Buddy i dont know about others but i got my meter replacement three times as it was faulty each time. And everytime it arrives directly from lahore. Suzuki is not looking for its customers.

Quality Control: Iam own a 2011 Model of ravi piaggio, Issues that i faced are Noisy chain cover and leaked fuel cork.. But all these were solved within 30 min after purchasing

Electronics: Its very easy to handle, Even a new bie like my had done full operation of bike :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iam not promoting this bike or iam not the part of ravi company. I just shared my experience with you.. Now you can decide. I would gladly answer any of your queries regarding Ravi Piaggio 125.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have ridden Suzuki Sprinter 110, Honda CG 125, Honda CG 125 Delux and CD70.

I was in the same confusion which bike to buy untill last month I bought me a new Suzuki GS 150.
    Believe me, my very first test drive out of showroom was so amazing, I am 200% satisfied with my decision. Twisting its throttle and receiving immediate response in every gear was so thrilling, I was shouting.. Oh BC.... chaa gaya...!!

It has been a month almost, the only thing that irritated me was its awkwardly small tires as compared to its giant mud guard. So what I did yesterday, I got new Japanese Sports Tires installed on it. Make and Model: IRC NR28 (Rear Tire) and NF20 lookalike CENEW Brand Front Tire.

Its an awesome monster with super duper stability and road grip. Ravi Storm 125, is a good looking motorcycle, I appreciate its outlooks. But when it comes to motorcycle driving pleasure, GS150 has no parallel.

Thats my 50 cents. GS150 has my vote.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought mine 3 months before, every bike has its merits and demerits
    its petrol avg is around 35-40 km/ltr depending upon how u accelerate.
    its heavy and has very good road grip once u install a wider rear tyre,
    braking has issues , speacially the rear brake is very soft.the bike needs disk brakes
    warranty claims are an issue but if u can give some time to the issue , are educated and are good at dealing with people ,then that also will not be an issue and ull get ur claims as i did :p
    The Rules R Simple ....... U Break Them - U Die

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and by the way it touches the 120km/hr mark , though im not into racing but it sure can beat a cg/deluxe any time.
    we can provide u with our experiences as did silverknife and others , u are the one to decide.
    if u want a test ride my bike is available anytime

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my vote goes to ravi piaggio,because this is true value for money,fuel consumption that i m getting is 46 km/l in lahore,top speed i reached 115 any time i want to,as far brakes are concern ,no doubt disc brake has adage over drum,look is more sporty then gs but when it comes to after sale and durability then gs has a little further only because that is not a complex bike ,looks of gs has no match with ravi piaggio

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankyou all guys for ur input! Thanku v.much.. highly appriciate tht!

@Silver knife Thanks 4 ur detailed reply!

@ Booster
    Oh thanks 4 the offer buddy so generous of u! bt ur in Karachi in me Lhr!

So far Piaggio has 3 votes and 2 for GS!

I knw tht Suzuki is a PSQCA certified co. which means they do keep up with some kind of quality control standards! But what ebt Piaggio?

And yea... The CDI problem of GS150 iv checked has also been shared on some other thread.. its giving a lil worry!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Auto Ur favorite DYL bikes are also PSQCA certified what u gonna say about that buddy ????
    PSQCA is a dumb cheat dept peace of trash, rishwat chalti hai, even chinese brand b iske marks use kar rahe hain ..... c'on man be sensible
    Main tay Honda ee lay saa'n !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@automotorsport lover
    asalaam u alekum brother....this thread is getting pretty interesting so im gonna share my experience with you. about 3 months back i was myself faced with this dilemma of choosing between gs150 and ravi piaggio
    heres wat i learnt. both bikes have the same body frame, so the rider's riding position and other comfort issues are satisfied by both bikes no doubt.
    gs150's CDI issue was a major problem in 2006 onwards when paksuzuki decided to manufacture CDIs locally. after several complaints, they have startd importing CDIs form japan(alongside the engine) which has virtually removed all customer complaints.
    i must say that gs150 shouldve had disk brakes. it gives u more horsepower due to 150cc engine compare to the 125cc of ravi, but its sad the company decided to go without disks. ravi definetely has an edge here. but the otherall build quality of suzuki bike is better than ravi, and i hope im not being controversial here-its only my opinion formed after personal research
    i would also advise u to actually sit on both bikes and see which one suits you better. i sport a long beard personally found the cruiser style of gs150 matching with me. some guys prefer the sportier look of ravi, so i guess u mite wanna consider taht point too.
    in the end, remember its your money and your choice. im not a suzuki dealer, i love both bikes for different reasons and u can make your own choice for the one u like best

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wait for some time , suzuki will launch the new 150 model , now i dont know wat will be new in it , interms of design , or just stickers :p but wait for some time if u can , u might get a new model with discs :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    wait for some time , suzuki will launch the new 150 model , now i dont know wat will be new in it , interms of design , or just stickers :p but wait for some time if u can , u might get a new model with discs :p
    New 2012 model will remain same except new graphics sticker
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    i had read somewhere in the forum but i forgot where i read that they will launch sporty version very soon of gs150 which is Gs150R
    Life is beauty, admire it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

GS150 is the best...........no doubt ..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by khanthegr8 View Post
    @Auto Ur favorite DYL bikes are also PSQCA certified what u gonna say about that buddy ????
    PSQCA is a dumb cheat dept peace of trash, rishwat chalti hai, even chinese brand b iske marks use kar rahe hain ..... c'on man be sensible
    Yikes!!! Didnt know dat! DangGgG!! DYL - Yamaha = No standards! Lol..!

@ dr.Omair

Walykum Assalam sir!
    Thankyou & v.kind of u for ur informed suggestion! If Suzuki has really started to import CDI then its an excellent step!
    MY cousins gona try n take a ride at one of his friend's GS150.. its a 2010 model. So hes surely gona get some idea ebt the GS lets wait wht analysis he has to give!

@ All brothers and friends!
    Thanks 4 ur inputs! Keep them coming.. tell ebt any issues u faced, tell ebt maintenance! Which bike needs more frequent khuari with mechanics!?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover
    I knw tht Suzuki is a PSQCA certified co. which means they do keep up with some kind of quality control standards! But what ebt Piaggio?

Iam attaching some pictures from their website for your reference. Check the highlighted texts.

What to BUY? GS 150 OR Storm 125? -319738

What to BUY? GS 150 OR Storm 125? -319739

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buddy If your are looking for GS150, Then after buying you must have around 20K in your budget to install rims and disk brakes to have a reliable braking system.. Apart from that GS150 is good bike only draw back is its braking system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Silver Knife! Now leaned towards Piaggio! Lets see..!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List