Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Suzuki GS-150 (12 Brake Horse Power)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS-150 (12 Brake Horse Power)

Suzuki GS-150
    Price : PKR 101,000/- (ex showroom, as of 01 June 2013)
    Model : GS-150
    Brand : Suzuki

Description
    • Type: 4-stroke, Single Overhead camshaft
    • Bore x stroke: 57.0 x 56.8 mm
    • Piston displacement: 145 cc.
    • Compression ratio: 9.2
    • Cooling System: Air Cooled
    • Maximum Power: 12HP @ 8000 rpm
    • Maximum Torque: 1.17 kg - @ 6500 rpm

Specification
    ELECTRICAL
    • Starter system: Kick / Electric Starter

DIMENSIONS
    • LxWxH: 2005 x 785 x 1065 mm.
    • Wheelbase: 1,270 mm
    • Gross weight 127 kg

Courtesy: EMCOR INC. | Suzuki MOLA 150 Motorcycle

P.S: I was looking for Maximum Power and Torque of Suzuki GS150 Pakistani model. The same motorcycle is being sold in Philippine with the brand name of Suzuki Mola 150. All of the specs are same as that of Pakistani GS 150 so I assume, the horsepower and torque would also be the same. I hope you find it useful. Cheers.

~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    the only thing this Classic Girl (CG) lags is modern looks and equipments, other wise its a time tested machine.. GS is more popular in Touring community rather then daily users.
    I agree...
    CG is mostly liked because of it's HIGH RESALE and ROARING SOUND. But i personally think that AHL should listen to the people and add some up to date ad on's atleast some security features...

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Accerelation:
    I have personally tested both... there is no doubt CG125 is way faster than GS150 till 100 km/hr.

Top Speed:
    The extra 25cc and bigger wheels gives the GS a higher top speed but come on guys..... who touches the top speed daily....haan but one can experience the superior acceleration of the CG everyday. In the real world CG is faster.

Exhaust Note:
    CG has the best sounding engine in Pakistan hands down (even the biggest GS fan has to agree with this), sound matters man. GS severely lacks in this department. It makes the ride boring.

Ride Height:
    GS has a higher riding position. Universally speaking low riders are considered better.....they look better and handle better. CG is lower than GS. Another win.

Character:
    CG is more communicative than a GS, it responds to you with a seductive sound when you twist the throttle. CG has an aggressive character courtesy to its engine and stance. Don't forget the stance. Any other bike with a more aggressive stance than a CG is RX115, and that's 2 stroke. GS feels like a beefed up CD70........BORINGGGGGGG. CD70 and GS150 both are good machines......but they are just machines. CG125 is an animal!

Disc Brakes:
    CG deluxe has disc brakes at the front. The so called "modern" GS150 has drums......now that's hypocrisy suzuki!

Fuel Efficiency:
    Both bikes manages 40km/litres in the real world. Please note: CG125 ka average 25-30kmpl nahi hota. It's 40kmpl dear!

Running Cost:
    CG spares are readily available and cheaper than GS spares.

The Extras:
    Electric self starter, brighter head lamps, new age wiring etc etc is what makes GS better than CG in this department. Question: Are these extras more important than everything I have mentioned above? A true biker at heart will never choose a bike for the extras........ Cake per icing tab achi lagti hai jab cake itself acha ho. Aur waisay bhi, these extras can be installed in CG.....magar GS can never get he same sound.....same acceleration....same smile on your face as the CG does.

Conclusion:
    Unfortunately GS is nothing in comparison to CG. CG is a legend and will remain a legend.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Accerelation:
    I have personally tested both... there is no doubt CG125 is way faster than GS150 till 100 km/hr.

Top Speed:
    The extra 25cc and bigger wheels gives the GS a higher top speed but come on guys..... who touches the top speed daily....haan but one can experience the superior acceleration of the CG everyday. In the real world CG is faster.

Exhaust Note:
    CG has the best sounding engine in Pakistan hands down (even the biggest GS fan has to agree with this), sound matters man. GS severely lacks in this department. It makes the ride boring.

Ride Height:
    GS has a higher riding position. Universally speaking low riders are considered better.....they look better and handle better. CG is lower than GS. Another win.

Character:
    CG is more communicative than a GS, it responds to you with a seductive sound when you twist the throttle. CG has an aggressive character courtesy to its engine and stance. Don't forget the stance. Any other bike with a more aggressive stance than a CG is RX115, and that's 2 stroke. GS feels like a beefed up CD70........BORINGGGGGGG. CD70 and GS150 both are good machines......but they are just machines. CG125 is an animal!

Disc Brakes:
    CG deluxe has disc brakes at the front. The so called "modern" GS150 has drums......now that's hypocrisy suzuki!

Fuel Efficiency:
    Both bikes manages 40km/litres in the real world. Please note: CG125 ka average 25-30kmpl nahi hota. It's 40kmpl dear!

Running Cost:
    CG spares are readily available and cheaper than GS spares.

The Extras:
    Electric self starter, brighter head lamps, new age wiring etc etc is what makes GS better than CG in this department. Question: Are these extras more important than everything I have mentioned above? A true biker at heart will never choose a bike for the extras........ Cake per icing tab achi lagti hai jab cake itself acha ho. Aur waisay bhi, these extras can be installed in CG.....magar GS can never get he same sound.....same acceleration....same smile on your face as the CG does.

Conclusion:
    Unfortunately GS is nothing in comparison to CG. CG is a legend and will remain a legend.
    Very WELL said bhai!
    1000% Agreed...

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lolss ....

you know what CG125 has set a bench mark in our minds that if a bike cannot beat a CG in accelration/speed even though it is best suited to today need we dont feel its a good bike. ....

by the way not every body like an animal in house u know ....

and amazingly the CG we consider as an animal here is considered to be a most humble kiddy machine in other parts of world just imagine what machines they use ...

Accerelation:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SIR, IMHO, are you saying CG125 ? power plus which has a stock 17" RIM ?
    you have info or you actually tried ? because I have actually did it not only with one GS but many GS when I had CG, accelration men CG say behter koi bike nahi pakistani bikes men... I have tested it my self... (not talking about 2-strokes because I havent tested that throughly with 2Strokers but I am sure like Mirror that GS lags in accelration if put head to head with CG)

keep in mind I am talking about both bikes in healthy condition.

GS ki topspeed zyada hai wo bhi atleast half a mile race men...
    bro 2stroke has great acceleration chay cg ho ya gs no one can come close to 2stroke bikes acceleration n top in almost less or same cc class,
    GTO125, 17.5 BHP@8000 rpm, gross weight 96kg, 0 to 100 in almost 6 seconds
    RX115, 15.5 BHP@8500 rpm, gross weight 94kg, o to 100 in almost 5.5 seconds
    RXK135,RX-KING135, 18.5 BHP@8500 rpm, gross weight 102kg, o to 100 in almost 5 seconds thanks
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Accerelation:
    i can agree to this point only, and that also to some extent only. CG125 can accelerate way faster than my Junoon, but i really doubt that it will be "way" faster than GS150.
    rest of the points are just fanboyism speaking
    Even i have recommended CG125 to many users who just value acceleration in short drags over anything else, but that's about it. except acceleration i don't see anything in this bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ride comfort=GS wins,,Features=GS wins,,Engine technology=GS wins,,Top Speed=GS Wins,,Acceleration=CG wins,,Appearance=GS wins,,Technology=GS wins,,Fuel Economy=Ties(but gs wins because it has higher disp.. but still gives good economy),,Manufacturing quality=CG wins,,Value for money=CG wins

For those people who value commuting over speed drags GS-150 has no parallel..CG-125 will remain in pakistan till eternity..It is time for ahl to introduce CG-150((Brazil one))..CG 125 is the fastest acceleration beast in local production..But my heart cant accept a 35 years old model still in production which has been discontinued worldwide..Suzuki introduces new tech.. in their bikes unlike decades old monoply of AHL..It is my sincere wish that AHL revenues go down..It is time to grow up and compete with the world instead of reversing to stone age.

What i consider most pathetic in any ahl model is absence of oil filter(replacable)+ fuel filter..With an oil filter drain intervals can be increased and ensure better engine protection,,good quality fuel filters reduce carburettor service intervals immensely ensuring better and optimum carburettor's life and performance.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    i can agree to this point only, and that also to some extent only. CG125 can accelerate way faster than my Junoon, but i really doubt that it will be "way" faster than GS150.
    rest of the points are just fanboyism speaking
    Even i have recommended CG125 to many users who just value acceleration in short drags over anything else, but that's about it. except acceleration i don't see anything in this bike
    Ahem Ahem!..... let me clear my throat first.
    Ride Height......Exhaust note.........Disc Brakes...........Fuel Efficiency........Running Cost......... These are solid rationales dude .......flamboyant speaking my.........
    Yes the character part might be a personal thing......but other than that.....I gave you logical rationales.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Ride comfort=GS wins,,Features=GS wins,,Engine technology=GS wins,,Top Speed=GS Wins,,Acceleration=CG wins,,Appearance=GS wins,,Technology=GS wins,,Fuel Economy=Ties(but gs wins because it has higher disp.. but still gives good economy),,Manufacturing quality=CG wins,,Value for money=CG wins

For those people who value commuting over speed drags GS-150 has no parallel..CG-125 will remain in pakistan till eternity..It is time for ahl to introduce CG-150((Brazil one))..CG 125 is the fastest acceleration beast in local production..But my heart cant accept a 35 years old model still in production which has been discontinued worldwide..Suzuki introduces new tech.. in their bikes unlike decades old monoply of AHL..It is my sincere wish that AHL revenues go down..It is time to grow up and compete with the world instead of reversing to stone age.

What i consider most pathetic in any ahl model is absence of oil filter(replacable)+ fuel filter..With an oil filter drain intervals can be increased and ensure better engine protection,,good quality fuel filters reduce carburettor service intervals immensely ensuring better and optimum carburettor's life and performance.
    The CG series came into being for us.....for the third world countries where the riders perform no or little preventive measures to increase bike's life. CG series is more tougher than Honda CB series. Skip a oil change in your Honda CB and your camshaft bearing blows. Do the same in a CG..... just a hiccup.

There is a reason why AHL and other local manufacturers are not bringing in newer technology bikes because they know.........they know neither the local mechanic can fix it nor the user will handle these fragile machines with care.

We(ppl reading this) don't represent Pakistan ........we are a very small chunk who wants those new bikes with latest technology .......and honestly speaking for the manufacturers we are not significant in number. These bikes have the biggest market in the rural areas and for them these bikes are just fine.

So we have wait ppl.........wait till our farmers decides ...."enuff of this crap.....I wanna buy something else....something new"

So until that happens..... we have to be happy with what we have........ and until then......CG125 rulz the road.
    and ya on more thing.....GS150 sucks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

serious discussion going on . do give the machine credit that it deserves nd all will be well.
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar for every CD70 lover, CD100 sucks
    And for every CG125 lover, GS150 sucks.
    Nothing new here.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unfortunately no one can change the thinking of lakeer kay faqeers..DIssapointed..Gs-150 my next ride,am not being sarcastic..It is just that it is a better bike and i value a better build over acceleration shushkas with pathetic tech..

my question still holds no fuel+oil filter in any ahl model...I cant stop laughing,,i had to fit an inline fuel filter in my cd-100.unfortunately no chance for retrofiting an oilfilter.

These bikes are supposed to be for commuting purposes..Trying to compare them with speed monsters is itself injustice..CG has better power-weight ratio but it cant maintain balance at top speeds unlike GS..And CG is not a comfortable bike..Deluxe and CD-100 are comfort aces in AHL line up
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nothing new here.

For CG125 lover, Deluxe sucks too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Our awam is so used to phatta bikes that they are afraid of comfy bikes now. But still, when they see you rolling, they hating

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the only thing this Classic Girl (CG) lags is modern looks and equipments, other wise its a time tested machine.. GS is more popular in Touring community rather then daily users.
    that's where deluxe came in the picture ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Totally agree with you on Oil filter patheticness of Honda bikes.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hum loogon ki nas nas main cg125 sama gaya hai warna cg125 se best performance to ravi piggo ki he, zara compare ker k dake lain gs150 to the best hai but kaya karain , cg ka khumar utrey to kisi aur product k bare main sochain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DOSTO Yahan Horse Power ki baat ho rhi thi .....

Yes Gull Bhai it is not "Way" faster ... but in quarter mile CG is ahead, tables turn after fifth gear... I have done lots and lots of Drags before I was part of PW community because GS was 150cc and I was very interested to see how much more power then CG it has but when we dragged it lagged about 50~90ft in quarter mile every time behind CG but just after quarter mile GS started catching CG ...

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    bro 2stroke has great acceleration chay cg ho ya gs no one can come close to 2stroke bikes acceleration n top in almost less or same cc class,
    Sir RX!! Nacheez na kia gustakhi ker dee 2strokers ki shan men ? kahain tu 21 topon ka salam don ? isliye mene kaha tha kay mene 2stroker say test nahi kiya... bas aik dafa apny dost ky sath race ligaye thi he had GTO110 first 3 gears I was ahead in my CG then GTO al the way and I was engulfing white smoke behind him

It is time for ahl to introduce CG-150((Brazil one))..
    1000% agreed ..... actually I my self waiting for that because R1 said they are already planning that...

wait till our farmers decides ...."enuff of this crap.....I wanna buy something else....something new"

So until that happens..... we have to be happy with what we have........ and until then......
    This is very true... its the masses when it start rejecting it .. AHL will have to improve...

CG125 rulz the road.
    This is what Gull bhai refered to as Fanboyism Sir ... not every one on thread would like these words for there GS .... just a tip from my experience...

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    serious discussion going on . do give the machine credit that it deserves nd all will be well.
    Exacalty... Hid,, GS is famous touring ride of Pakistan now... I dont find a single touring Pakistan Brother who doenst owns a GS series bike... Not to mention that on PBC meetup the Highest number seen of bikes is Actually GS and Piaggos and only a couple of CGs... so that means people with real biking blood have finally started to choose other then CG for touring because accelration and "animality" is not every thing

Nothing new here.
    Yeah!! same old useless point in discussion ...

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    well in my point Deluxe lags modern Tech as well it doesnt have. Clutch swtiched, selfstarter, standby baetery lights, gear indicator .. the only changed the shape of CG and put a disc... and this is the one major reason it never came head to head against paiggo in terms of modern equips... people prefer old CG instead of buying a deluxe... beside its bad at accelration and top speed too.

Our awam is so used to phatta bikes that they are afraid of comfy bikes now. But still, when they see you rolling, they hating
    ha hah ahhahahha ... nahi yar ... every one has its own preferences.... let enjoy the diversity bro...

Quote Originally Posted by getscorpion View Post
    that's where deluxe came in the picture ...
    You got it ...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir CG is now a bench mark in our mind... lolzzz

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    hum loogon ki nas nas main cg125 sama gaya hai warna cg125 se best performance to ravi piggo ki he, zara compare ker k dake lain gs150 to the best hai but kaya karain , cg ka khumar utrey to kisi aur product k bare main sochain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well in my point Deluxe lags modern Tech as well it doesnt have. Clutch swtiched, selfstarter, standby baetery lights, gear indicator .. the only changed the shape of CG and put a disc... and this is the one major reason it never came head to head against paiggo in terms of modern equips... people prefer old CG instead of buying a deluxe... beside its bad at accelration and top speed too.
    at least i hv battery lights and gear indicator in chonda deluxe ...
    Rise from the ashes,.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List