Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Suzuki GS-150 (12 Brake Horse Power)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki GS-150 (12 Brake Horse Power)

Suzuki GS-150
    Price : PKR 101,000/- (ex showroom, as of 01 June 2013)
    Model : GS-150
    Brand : Suzuki

Description
    • Type: 4-stroke, Single Overhead camshaft
    • Bore x stroke: 57.0 x 56.8 mm
    • Piston displacement: 145 cc.
    • Compression ratio: 9.2
    • Cooling System: Air Cooled
    • Maximum Power: 12HP @ 8000 rpm
    • Maximum Torque: 1.17 kg - @ 6500 rpm

Specification
    ELECTRICAL
    • Starter system: Kick / Electric Starter

DIMENSIONS
    • LxWxH: 2005 x 785 x 1065 mm.
    • Wheelbase: 1,270 mm
    • Gross weight 127 kg

Courtesy: EMCOR INC. | Suzuki MOLA 150 Motorcycle

P.S: I was looking for Maximum Power and Torque of Suzuki GS150 Pakistani model. The same motorcycle is being sold in Philippine with the brand name of Suzuki Mola 150. All of the specs are same as that of Pakistani GS 150 so I assume, the horsepower and torque would also be the same. I hope you find it useful. Cheers.

~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    1000% agreed ..... actually I my self waiting for that because R1 said they are already planning that...
    they better make sure first that it can cross legendary CG125 in acceleration. (as it is also a heavier bike, with 18 rims and wide tyres)
    otherwise no point in launching it here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h ah hahahhaha .... yes or else it will be cursed to fail as well..

I see GS logo in DP are you going for GS too ? no kidding really ?

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    they better make sure first that it can cross legendary CG125 in acceleration. (as it is also a heavier bike, with 18 rims and wide tyres)
    otherwise no point in launching it here
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h ah hahahhaha .... yes or else it will be cursed to fail as well..

I see GS logo in DP are you going for GS too ? no kidding really ?
    check my Junoon thread

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I used to beat CG125 in acceleration with my very shaggy Yamaha Royal 2 stroke! which had chinese piston thaat used to heat up and sieze after a few drags! lol

Royal took lead till 40 and from 40-60 CG catched up and 60+ royal was no match 4 CG's 125cc...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    Unfortunately no one can change the thinking of lakeer kay faqeers..DIssapointed..Gs-150 my next ride,am not being sarcastic..It is just that it is a better bike and i value a better build over acceleration shushkas with pathetic tech..

my question still holds no fuel+oil filter in any ahl model...I cant stop laughing,,i had to fit an inline fuel filter in my cd-100.unfortunately no chance for retrofiting an oilfilter.

These bikes are supposed to be for commuting purposes..Trying to compare them with speed monsters is itself injustice..CG has better power-weight ratio but it cant maintain balance at top speeds unlike GS..And CG is not a comfortable bike..Deluxe and CD-100 are comfort aces in AHL line up
    Suzuki GS150 is not better built than CG125. It simply is not. My freind's 3 year old GS is rusted all over the place, the fuel tank leaked last year (bcoz of rust) when the bike was just 2 years old. He cleans his bike almost everyday. The paint finish is not good on a GS......he rejected to take delivery of his zero meter bike from the showroom bcoz the paint had bubbles in it. The frame near the side covers is also rusting on his bike. And rusting problem is common in GS. Mechanically GS is as good as CG but body-wise is not as good.

I agree GS is more comfortable to ride but for that GS have higher seating position to compensate for more travel in its rear shocks. So its more comfortable and less agile on the road. CG is lower and has more agile handling. I prefer more agility......you prefer comfort. Its a matter of preference.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question for GS-150 Lovers:

A hear it a lot......specially on PW......"GS has new technology"......."AHL is soo outdated....so obsolete" ......... waisay can anyone enlighten me whats so "new" about the GS which represent the modern age?

P.S. Don't answer......its a trap!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Question for GS-150 Lovers:

A hear it a lot......specially on PW......"GS has new technology"......."AHL is soo outdated....so obsolete" ......... waisay can anyone enlighten me whats so "new" about the GS which represent the modern age?

P.S. Don't answer......its a trap!
    Nothing much...
    But GS has OHC engine that is better than an equivallent quality OHV engine..
    Better timing, less vibration smoother drive and better top speed is offered by OHCs..

Moreover it has alluminium cylinder.. which is again a very very durable matel with an extremely high melting point... can take a lot of beating. Self start is a plus too... plus I really respect the "properness of that bike" they way it comes with an oil filter and fuel filter...
    I qualify it as a proper bike a proper machine... others are MOOOTAR CAYCLES!

Iv read ur previous comments, U enjoy nagging the GS lovers lol...
    But ur arguments moderately true... I wont say u won the debate! You tried best to make ur point that ur favourite Cg125 is proved equivalent to a Honda Fireblade! Lol...

Im neutral btw both, both cannot be compared...
    Bikes like GS needs to be loved and taken care off.. bcoz they desrve it!
    Bikes like CGs are as Prostitutes... r a p e it and be happy..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DOSTO Yahan Horse Power ki baat ho rhi thi .....

Yes Gull Bhai it is not "Way" faster ... but in quarter mile CG is ahead, tables turn after fifth gear... I have done lots and lots of Drags before I was part of PW community because GS was 150cc and I was very interested to see how much more power then CG it has but when we dragged it lagged about 50~90ft in quarter mile every time behind CG but just after quarter mile GS started catching CG ...

Sir RX!! Nacheez na kia gustakhi ker dee 2strokers ki shan men ? kahain tu 21 topon ka salam don ? isliye mene kaha tha kay mene 2stroker say test nahi kiya... bas aik dafa apny dost ky sath race ligaye thi he had GTO110 first 3 gears I was ahead in my CG then GTO al the way and I was engulfing white smoke behind him

1000% agreed ..... actually I my self waiting for that because R1 said they are already planning that...

This is very true... its the masses when it start rejecting it .. AHL will have to improve...

This is what Gull bhai refered to as Fanboyism Sir ... not every one on thread would like these words for there GS .... just a tip from my experience...

Exacalty... Hid,, GS is famous touring ride of Pakistan now... I dont find a single touring Pakistan Brother who doenst owns a GS series bike... Not to mention that on PBC meetup the Highest number seen of bikes is Actually GS and Piaggos and only a couple of CGs... so that means people with real biking blood have finally started to choose other then CG for touring because accelration and "animality" is not every thing

Yeah!! same old useless point in discussion ...

well in my point Deluxe lags modern Tech as well it doesnt have. Clutch swtiched, selfstarter, standby baetery lights, gear indicator .. the only changed the shape of CG and put a disc... and this is the one major reason it never came head to head against paiggo in terms of modern equips... people prefer old CG instead of buying a deluxe... beside its bad at accelration and top speed too.

ha hah ahhahahha ... nahi yar ... every one has its own preferences.... let enjoy the diversity bro...

You got it ...
    pa g no hard feelings here, bat horse powers,power to weight ratio, or accelerations ki ho rhi tabhi shayed main nay gustakhi ker k apna experience bhi share kr diya tha, werna rx ya gto ki kya majal pakistani 4strokes super kings se takkar lay
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Faheem Sahab RX, GTO, YB and CG time is gone now RIP CLASSICS

Its time for new era and euro tech bikes e.g GS and etc etc with bubbling and shaky body and skidding tyres on every turn... So just grab a cup of tea and enjoy the session
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post

Its time for new era and euro tech bikes e.g GS and etc etc with bubbling and shaky body and skidding tyres on every turn... So just grab a cup of tea and enjoy the session
    hmmmmm, pa g hum puranay log hain new techs are way beyond the limits specially for me,so lets wait for euro3,or euro4
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Nothing much...
    But GS has OHC engine that is better than an equivallent quality OHV engine..
    Better timing, less vibration smoother drive and better top speed is offered by OHCs..

Moreover it has aluminium cylinder.. which is again a very very durable matel with an extremely high melting point... can take a lot of beating. Self start is a plus too... plus I really respect the "properness of that bike" they way it comes with an oil filter and fuel filter...
    I qualify it as a proper bike a proper machine... others are MOOOTAR CAYCLES!

Iv read ur previous comments, U enjoy nagging the GS lovers lol...
    But ur arguments moderately true... I wont say u won the debate! You tried best to make ur point that ur favourite Cg125 is proved equivalent to a Honda Fireblade! Lol...

Im neutral btw both, both cannot be compared...
    Bikes like GS needs to be loved and taken care off.. bcoz they desrve it!
    Bikes like CGs are as Prostitutes... r a p e it and be happy..
    OHV and OHC Engines:
    I agree OHC is more refined than a OHV engine. OHV engines like the engine of CG has push rods with creates more vibration at higher RPM than OHC engines. OHC runs smoother and has more precise timing because of its less moving parts. Thats the positives of an OHC...... now lets take a look at the negatives.......... OHC has a bulkier head thus increasing the height of the engine, which means higher center of gravity which means worse handling. But thats not the deal breaker....... the real deal breaker why OHV engines are so popular in Pakistan is because they are more robust than OHC engines.....specially when they are running on low or heavier engine oil. This has been my point since the beginning....... we are not ready as a nation for new technology. Generally we take no or few preventive measures as bike owners.......Honda developed the CG series for this very reason ppl..... we are not good bike owners....we abuse our bike more than that or bikers of developed countries. OHV engines suits our weather....... our mechanics know how to mend them........these engines are more robust....they are cheaper to fix as engine components are easy to work with.

We always bad mouth old technology and designs that are still in use here......like CD70, Mehran, suzuki Ravi pickup.......... have you ever thought why are they still the same....because they are not cars......or motorcycles.......each name represent a industry in Pakistan. Mehran and cd70 is not just a vehicle......they are industries.......you can buy everything for these machines and they have several after market manufacturers. Its not that easy to change the whole industry...masses buy these products because of the aftermarket stuff........thats why they are still the same.

Yes CG engine vibrates more than GS engine at higher RPMs but thats a trade-off for being more robust and cheaper to repair. And BTW OHC are suppose to produce more power however geniuses at suzuki made the GS OHC engine 10% less powerful than CGs OHV engine per displacement volume. So basically all the goodness you get from GS OHC engine is less vibration. I don't know whether this is a step forward or a step backward.

Almunium Engine Block:
    I honestly don't know what is CG engine block made up of but it has passed the test of time. Even if its not aluminium it does not melt, or lose shape.....or disintegrate.....they are just fine.

Oil Filter:
    Taking the pollution and dust into account fuel and oil filter are a must.........or are they?
    OHV engines can work fine without an oil filter that's why they don't have them. On the other hand OHC engines requires Oil filter to ensure oil gets to every moving part the top of the engine because these engines have higher heads than OHV.
    Having an oil filter doesn't make GS superior.....it simply points out it fragility.

CG.....Poor man's Fire Blade:
    It is.......CG is the poor man's fireblade. Its fast and it brings a smile to your face.
    and that's what make the bike great. Im sorry to say but GS really really lacks here.

Point A to B:
    GS is good...... its smooth.....its comfortable....... its a bike for someone who wants to get from point A to point B respectably . It serves well as a daily commuter. and That's it...... Its not a looker......its not just as fun....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post

now that bike section is r uined by your honda chonnda proxy war you are being so diplomatic. we should really enjoy the session now
    legend will revive soon

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    now that bike section is r uined by your honda chonnda proxy war you are being so diplomatic. we should really enjoy the session now
    Suzuki GS150 12  Brake Horse Power -1106969
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

another thread wasted over CG vs GS war
    its a shame we cant agree to disagree over an issue which is completely about personal preference. acceleration vs top speed and other issues are totally up to the buyer. i personally prefer self start, quieter mufffler, smoother ride and a higher top speed (so one can guess what bike i own) but that doesnt mean i should criticize some1 who likes loud roars, higher accelerations etc etc ........any one prolonging this useless debate is merely doing it for fun or is a newB to the world of GSs and CGs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these mini wars are the beauty of pakwheels
    but really on the serious note: who brought the CG in the GS thread in first place

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

these mini wars are the beauty of pakwheels
    but really on the serious note: who brought the CG in the GS thread in first place
    Hahahahaha... Good Question!
    Actually people here consider CG125 as the benchmark (like Vicky bhai said). Start comparing their bikes with CG125 etc...

We as CG owners, only argue to make few corrections in your knowledges... And hence, the WAR stats!

As per my survey, there are few WARS on public forums that either get banned or STILL GOING ON without any outcome!

1) Ps3 vs xbox 360
    2) Corolla vs Civic
    3) CG125 vs Piaggio
    4) Android vs Apple

And now,

5) CG125 vs GS150

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok, feeling a little bored, so thought to reply to this post , but really man, how do you type so much
    OHV and OHC Engines:
    I agree OHC is more refined than a OHV engine. OHV engines like the engine of CG has push rods with creates more vibration at higher RPM than OHC engines. OHC runs smoother and has more precise timing because of its less moving parts. Thats the positives of an OHC...... now lets take a look at the negatives.......... OHC has a bulkier head thus increasing the height of the engine, which means higher center of gravity which means worse handling. But thats not the deal breaker....... the real deal breaker why OHV engines are so popular in Pakistan is because they are more robust than OHC engines.....specially when they are running on low or heavier engine oil. This has been my point since the beginning....... we are not ready as a nation for new technology. Generally we take no or few preventive measures as bike owners.......Honda developed the CG series for this very reason ppl..... we are not good bike owners....we abuse our bike more than that or bikers of developed countries. OHV engines suits our weather....... our mechanics know how to mend them........these engines are more robust....they are cheaper to fix as engine components are easy to work with.

We always bad mouth old technology and designs that are still in use here......like CD70, Mehran, suzuki Ravi pickup.......... have you ever thought why are they still the same....because they are not cars......or motorcycles.......each name represent a industry in Pakistan. Mehran and cd70 is not just a vehicle......they are industries.......you can buy everything for these machines and they have several after market manufacturers. Its not that easy to change the whole industry...masses buy these products because of the aftermarket stuff........thats why they are still the same.

Yes CG engine vibrates more than GS engine at higher RPMs but thats a trade-off for being more robust and cheaper to repair. And BTW OHC are suppose to produce more power however geniuses at suzuki made the GS OHC engine 10% less powerful than CGs OHV engine per displacement volume. So basically all the goodness you get from GS OHC engine is less vibration. I don't know whether this is a step forward or a step backward.
    So basically you are getting more powerful engine with less vibrations in almost same price, i would say its definitely a step forward.

Almunium Engine Block:
    I honestly don't know what is CG engine block made up of but it has passed the test of time. Even if its not aluminium it does not melt, or lose shape.....or disintegrate.....they are just fine.
    really don't know much about it either, don't think it matters much.

Oil Filter:
    Taking the pollution and dust into account fuel and oil filter are a must.........or are they?
    OHV engines can work fine without an oil filter that's why they don't have them. On the other hand OHC engines requires Oil filter to ensure oil gets to every moving part the top of the engine because these engines have higher heads than OHV.
    Having an oil filter doesn't make GS superior.....it simply points out it fragility.

CG.....Poor man's Fire Blade:
    It is.......CG is the poor man's fireblade. Its fast and it brings a smile to your face.
    and that's what make the bike great. Im sorry to say but GS really really lacks here.
    Well i am smiling while reading this. But why GS lacks here??? It brings smile to my face when i use self start in crowd with everybody looking at me. And i am sure it would bring even bigger smile to my face when i zoom pass by a roaring CG125 on GT road
    So if 98K bike is poor man's fireblade, then How come GS isn't the Hayabusa of a poor man.

Point A to B:
    GS is good...... its smooth.....its comfortable....... its a bike for someone who wants to get from point A to point B respectably . It serves well as a daily commuter. and That's it...... Its not a looker......its not just as fun....
    Trust me, it's capable of lot more than that, there is a reason that it is the most preferred bike for northern area tours.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Keep Cool and Enjoy your part!
    That's what public demands

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok, feeling a little bored, so thought to reply to this post , but really man, how do you type so much
    What can I say.... Pakwheels Forum is a little addictive I would say. .....and you know what......I'm not embarrassed that I wrote to much.

So basically you are getting more powerful engine with less vibrations in almost same price, i would say its definitely a step forward.
    GS engine produces 10% less horsepower per CC than CG125 Engine. So basically an GS engine which happens to be an OHC (more advanced than CG's OHV engine) is less efficient. If GS would have had same engine displacement as CG, it would only produce 10BHP whereas CG manages 11 BHP. For me its a step backwards.

Well i am smiling while reading this. But why GS lacks here??? It brings smile to my face when i use self start in crowd with everybody looking at me. And i am sure it would bring even bigger smile to my face when i zoom pass by a roaring CG125 on GT road
    hehehehe Come on man........you smile when you use the self starter in your GS.......Good for you
    I agree GS has a higher top speed ... but my point is you dont touch the top speed everyday....in the real life CG is faster....So basically a CG owner smiles more often than a GS owner.......because CG owner can smile in the first 4 gears........ whereas a GS owner will smile once when he starts the bike and secondly when he hits the fifth gear.........hhahahahha..... thats silly....but true.

So if 98K bike is poor man's fireblade, then How come GS isn't the Hayabusa of a poor man.

Trust me, it's capable of lot more than that, there is a reason that it is the most preferred bike for northern area tours.
    I never said GS is a bad motorcycle....... The only reason I speak against GS here is because of he fact ppl keep on praising GS because it has modern technology. All I want to express is that GS is not reaping the more essential benefits of a modern technology like disc brakes and modern standards fuel efficiency like you see in Indian Bikes. Our masses aint ready for the change so manufacturers are shy to experiment with something truly modern. So if retro is what we are good at than embrace retro bikes....like classic CG125, CD200 etc etc. GS150 is a "wanna be" modern bike.......and I personally dont like Suzuki's approach when they laucnched it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okz
    share your fireblade's GPS top speed in GPS thread if you can, we don't have much CG125s tested there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List