Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AUTO PICTURE BEYOND WAGAH BORDER

Hello,

I would like to start a new post, wherein, I wish to come up with AUTO news and state of auto industry, auto development and products, market values from this side of the border.

If you people are really interested, only then I could get along with this post.

This post would be exclusively for those people who are really interested to know about the auto scene here.
    Upwards Onwards, when the going gets tough the Tough gets going.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we forgot the whole episode between u and shergill, but here u r again
    Do u have a swift yourself?

BTW swift is ready to be launched in Paskiatn soon. lets see what your neighbours do to it.

Also "better then expected profits" have a chance that Maruti Udyog expected way less in the first place. leaves some room for doubt still.

I dont need any reply from you but i know u will honk and blast again (with pics off course)
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me be very specific and categorical that I never said that SWIFT is a sort of failure.

But it missed the magic the Maruti expected from it. It was launched with much fanfare and they expected anything about 120,000 units per year sales but they could not sell more than 61000 Units. And there are reasons for that.

First of all the car is not liked much in the North India due to its typical design, especially the rear end treatment.

Secondly, the engine belonged to the Esteem family ( 1298 cc mpfi ) and it failured to deliver more than 12-13 kmpl. Then there are a number of good cars already present in the same niche like Hyundai Getz, Fiat Palio, and you could lay hands on a saloon like TATA Indigo in the same price tag.

Selling around 5000 units of a new car per month is not a big feat especially when we consider it for a Company like Maruti.

Now they are going for such Net stories to sing succuss songs of Swift to make the new buyers feel that it is indeed a success.

Somewhat same happened with Wagon R, Baleno, Versa et el. ( All Maruti cars )

Now they are stopping the production of evergreen Zen and Esteem to leave Swift as the only choice for the customers. A Senior Sales Manager at a big Maruti Sales outlet in Chandigarh has confirmed that the Company is finding itself difficult to concentrate on one model so as to achieve economy of scale. There are few buyers for the Esteem, then some more would seek for the Zen and some would like to try with the Swift.

So Zen and Esteem have been proved as internal competitors for the Swift thus the new car has nothing much to create a niche of itself.

Conclusion : Internal war among Maruti models
    Upwards Onwards, when the going gets tough the Tough gets going.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Such internal war is called canibalisation of profits. The product with highest contribution in profits is kept in production when profitability is the target.

I cannot beleive that being a new product SWIFT is the highest contributor in profits of Maruti but they have to settle for eating somne losses to make it go which is not happening for them so far.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers