Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Getting more bright light from bikes headlight ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Getting more bright light from bikes headlight ?

hi
    i m not satisfied with my stock headlight , (doom70) i want to increase the amount of light ?,so without using HID what r the options?

i was thinking to fix some high power LED's in it,instead of the incadesnt lamp, but i could only get 1 watt led , could
    not get any brighter ,, so has anyone done this ?

also i need answers to following questions,
    what is the amount of power generated by the 70s generator?
    does the generator generates a seperate power for lightening and sparkplug?
    is it possible to install a 125 generator in it?

currently my reflector is of Stanley,and bulp too of stanley

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother even 125 headlight is too low. so you need to explore other ideas. LED doesnt have a nice beam, as far as i know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

H.I.D is the only solution
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have an idea, what if you install Front hood in your bike. Like we can see in Firebird and Deluxe bikes e.g. My firebird bike light throw and both beams are good and i am satisfied with them but light is not that much bright.

If you install HID with hood then it will be best. More wide throw + bright light = Satisfaction = Dangerous for other riders

Another solution is simple white halogen bulbs but you have to check them how much bright they really are. I am thinking to install simple halogen white bulb in my Firebird hood too
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    hi
    i m not satisfied with my stock headlight , (doom70) i want to increase the amount of light ?,so without using HID what r the options?

i was thinking to fix some high power LED's in it,instead of the incadesnt lamp, but i could only get 1 watt led , could

if you were in lahore you can easily get 5watt and more led`s on hall road..
    if i am not wrong light can increase by increasing charge coil winding coz in yb100 there 3 types of coils
    1 source coil for ignition system
    2 charging coil for battery charge and head light
    3 pick up coil also known as pulser also for ignition system
    my friend have rewind his yb100`s charging coil for brighter light and it worked
    for 70cc generator contact a person who can rewind the charging coil with some extra copper wire which we generate extra voltage and current..
    for 70cc generator get a multimeter and 1st check its output voltage on different engine speed then you will know the minimum and maximum voltage output.
    for current output get a DC ampere meter and connect it in series circut with battery wire..means the whole charging curent will pass through the meter and there your get you answer..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaYB100 View Post
    if you were in lahore you can easily get 5watt and more led`s on hall road..
    if i am not wrong light can increase by increasing charge coil winding coz in yb100 there 3 types of coils
    1 source coil for ignition system
    2 charging coil for battery charge and head light
    3 pick up coil also known as pulser also for ignition system
    my friend have rewind his yb100`s charging coil for brighter light and it worked
    for 70cc generator contact a person who can rewind the charging coil with some extra copper wire which we generate extra voltage and current..
    for 70cc generator get a multimeter and 1st check its output voltage on different engine speed then you will know the minimum and maximum voltage output.
    for current output get a DC ampere meter and connect it in series circut with battery wire..means the whole charging curent will pass through the meter and there your get you answer..
    ya these checks are in my list when i decide to make a led bulb setup for it..
    those 5 wats were ot so good compared to 1 watt

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    I have an idea, what if you install Front hood in your bike. Like we can see in Firebird and Deluxe bikes e.g. My firebird bike light throw and both beams are good and i am satisfied with them but light is not that much bright.

If you install HID with hood then it will be best. More wide throw + bright light = Satisfaction = Dangerous for other riders

Another solution is simple white halogen bulbs but you have to check them how much bright they really are. I am thinking to install simple halogen white bulb in my Firebird hood too
    pics will b gr8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In head light we need beam of intense light to travel some distance.... so through LED we can not produce such light because …
    1: LED’s have there own built-in epoxy lens which can focus up to small distance 1-4,5 meter . as in diagram..
    Getting more bright light from bikes headlight ? -372887

2: LED’s are low power device so they can not produce enough light to travel a long distance in shape of beam.

They can be use in parking light …

You can use high watt bulb to produce more light (not good so much but a little) or by changing a heavy battery with more ampere hours can be use for lightning a high watt bulb like in car etc….

...Other then that if go further then a little electronics involve in this chapter….normally generator’s output is not constant at any time it vary with rpm. so for constant out put regulator is used which limit the voltages and current to the specific level(eg 12 volt in bike). If u want to increase voltages you should make a regulator more then 12 volt for your head light(not remove the stock regulator . u can fix it parallel with your stock regulator) may it affect your spark timing in low rpm (not so much but a little bit).

...But if u want a big generator then it involve some electrical too….(according to Faraday’s 2nd law of electromagnetic induction) You can increase generator’s winding up to some cycles to increase induce voltages(emf) then your output will be incresed… …
    doing all that will also require some more safety electronic circuit along with your regulator to protect further devices from danger of damaging….
    Zindagi 300 km se age shuru hoti he..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi

dude dont get into folks my suggestion is to build your own led light which can even beat car headlight use 3w cree led just 4 pcs and see the amazing result with just consumption 12 watts ucan get light more than 1000 lumen just use appropriate lens to foucus the beam if u need help ur free to contact me i will help u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Head lights get dim when the plastic mirror of the head light turns pale and yellow by standing under sun.

It also gets dust inside the lens which makes it dimmer. Using 15 Rs desi buld instead of Stanley one also makes it dimmer.
    When my 1998 model Cd70 got this problem, we changed its complete headlight assay.(reflector + its front plastic mirror + a new bulb) with genuine one. and the light was bright white as in a new bike.

Chinese bikes use very cheap headlight mirror... it has pathtic quality. the mirror and the reflector is v.low quslity and thus light gets fade really quickly. Try changing the light with genuine Atlas Honda's one.. should work.
    It costed me 600rs.

In old good time there used to be original high quality glass mirror in headlights instead of the plastic ones... and they worked awesome and lasted very long.

Now manufacturers save cost.

I think that much modification isnt req. however, dont try cheaper headlight assays... ur bike wont hit light at the right position... it will go a little left or right. would focus a tiny sport, or disperse randomly in all directions.. not lighting the road properly.

however gud luck with the experiment u love them!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy a new head light !
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Steel based Beam. Mechanic call it the head with Lohay wali base. Good for Throw

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brand new cd70 and cg125 have bad lights. With time they become even worse. I think generally all local bikes (chonda included) have poor headlight beam. Even older cg with metallic headlight still have poor light. The problem is that we need bigger and brighter beams. I have traveled on completely un lit roads to say with confidence that they are good for nothing.
    I once changed the rectifier to a desi one to get more volts. This resulted in a very very bright light with excellent beam. But my bulbs started going off in a a few days time. So i was forced to switch back. I am now thinking of adding relays and experimenting with putting a bigger bulb in the headlight. but for this my stock headlight wont be enough, i need a complete metallic one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dav111 View Post
    dude dont get into folks my suggestion is to build your own led light which can even beat car headlight use 3w cree led just 4 pcs and see the amazing result with just consumption 12 watts ucan get light more than 1000 lumen just use appropriate lens to foucus the beam if u need help ur free to contact me i will help u
    yar cree ka tho milthay bhi nahi and college road of rwp is famous for it,, there those poor folks call these 1 watt hi power led ( not so high power just 80 lumens) a laser.. hahah

if u can provide any detail about the cost availability oif cree led i will be very pleased,, i have cree led torch with my cousion and that can shoot light upto 1400 meters,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Head lights get dim when the plastic mirror of the head light turns pale and yellow by standing under sun.

It also gets dust inside the lens which makes it dimmer. Using 15 Rs desi buld instead of Stanley one also makes it dimmer.
    When my 1998 model Cd70 got this problem, we changed its complete headlight assay.(reflector + its front plastic mirror + a new bulb) with genuine one. and the light was bright white as in a new bike.

Chinese bikes use very cheap headlight mirror... it has pathtic quality. the mirror and the reflector is v.low quslity and thus light gets fade really quickly. Try changing the light with genuine Atlas Honda's one.. should work.
    It costed me 600rs.

In old good time there used to be original high quality glass mirror in headlights instead of the plastic ones... and they worked awesome and lasted very long.

Now manufacturers save cost.

I think that much modification isnt req. however, dont try cheaper headlight assays... ur bike wont hit light at the right position... it will go a little left or right. would focus a tiny sport, or disperse randomly in all directions.. not lighting the road properly.

however gud luck with the experiment u love them!

my bike is having stanley head lamp and stanly reflector , and glass,,
    and its same as genuine honda, and there is no dust ,,etc,, its just ok,,so i dont see an advantage in swaping it either,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Steel based Beam. Mechanic call it the head with Lohay wali base. Good for Throw
    hmm wil try it,, cauze mine is though stanly but its plastic ,, the reflector is of plastic,, bt i think the reflector surface wont have any relation with the body be it of plastic or steel or some other metal,,
    as its only the poish shiny reflective surface that woul mattere

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asjdsm bro today i went McLeod road. We just installed blue color bulb in our Metro 70cc bike. to be honest the light is too dim and poor then the stock one. brightness is almost zero.

Then i asked HID prices from various shops:

1. HID = Rs. 1400
    2. 7amp Battery for HID = Rs. 1200
    3. Installation charges complete = Rs.400
    4. Total = Rs. 3000
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brand new cd70 and cg125 have bad lights. With time they become even worse. I think generally all local bikes (chonda included) have poor headlight beam. Even older cg with metallic headlight still have poor light. The problem is that we need bigger and brighter beams. I have traveled on completely un lit roads to say with confidence that they are good for nothing.
    I once changed the rectifier to a desi one to get more volts. This resulted in a very very bright light with excellent beam. But my bulbs started going off in a a few days time. So i was forced to switch back. I am now thinking of adding relays and experimenting with putting a bigger bulb in the headlight. but for this my stock headlight wont be enough, i need a complete metallic one.
    ya getting volts above 12 will make light brighter but the filament will heat more andd will quickly become brittle,,so over volting ka bhi koi mazxa nahi hoga,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi

if u go toward CREE led,s then its difficult to work with them.... these silicon chips will require a proper lense construction and proper biasing voltages...they can not give good result by illuminating directly. this will need you to make proper circuit... if this experiment fails like cree led damages or not illuminate full like head voltages biasing mistakes then it will cost you more...

(these all problem will u face if u get only cree led chips from market and make all setup at home...... if u go to shop and buy a hole package then u will not face difficulties mentioned up....)

bro brotherly advice is to use HID as Juste said... or put extra large battry for extra big luminance...
    Zindagi 300 km se age shuru hoti he..........

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are going to install high power LED's in head lamp then go to any automobile shop ask them for Japanese LED Light thats really out class and light is equal to HID and that would cost arount 3 - 4k for a single pair is around 8k,
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List