1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default GS 150: Tuning frequency

AOA, i would like to get expert opinion of you guys on this one. Since purchase i always get my bike tuned from Suzuki after 1000 km and up-till now i have ridden my bike for 6000 kms. My question is that should i keep this method or should i follow some other tuning method method? Also i have noticed since my purchase that when i accelerate my bike after crossing the speed of 60km if i let go of accelerator i can hear small "PATAKHAY", what do you guys think this might be? i would much appreciate it if experts could kindly help me out with these queries. I thank all of you in advance for you views and suggestions.

2. 09-03-2012, 08:12 AM

Reason
    spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Patakhay sound can be due to wrong timing or plug(mostly).Also Discuss with the person who tunes ur bike.
    I Am the Feel
    I Am The Yamaha!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if it happens only when u decellerate then your carb needs a bit adjustmet,, your mixture is lean,, there is a crew for mixture setting only a small say quarter turn will solve the issue ,, but i dont know of gs carb and its settings or screws function ec,, but i m damn sure its carb ,,
    as i frequently face this issue and readjust the screw esp when its near tuning time,,
    mine is chonda ,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best thing will be take ur bike to suzuki showroom experts and get your bike check up from there.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Umar45 View Post
    AOA, i would like to get expert opinion of you guys on this one. Since purchase i always get my bike tuned from Suzuki after 1000 km and up-till now i have ridden my bike for 6000 kms. My question is that should i keep this method or should i follow some other tuning method method?
    Dear, I bought my GS150 almost immediately after your one. Mine has just completed 7500Kilometers. The tuning interval that I have found to be reasonable enough is 2500Km. Meanwhile, after every 1000km, do check the oil level and fill-in if necessary (usually a quarter litre is required at maximum) and check the clutch/brakes adjustment. Rest goes fine till 2500KM at least.

Also i have noticed since my purchase that when i accelerate my bike after crossing the speed of 60km if i let go of accelerator i can hear small "PATAKHAY", what do you guys think this might be? i would much appreciate it if experts could kindly help me out with these queries. I thank all of you in advance for you views and suggestions.
    Yeah, these Patakhas also made me curious and I thought this is something wrong with the Piston Rings (God Forbid). But when I told to the Suzuki Mechanic, he smiled and said, "Oh sir ji, ap ka carburetor jaldi khali ho jata hay, fuel knob thori si khol dain.. " then he adjusted it a little, my motorcycle's idle RPM increased from 1500 to 1800, all these Patakh Patakh just vanished. plus, the bike's pick and breath has increased enormously.
    ~~ Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.. ~~
    [Black Zero]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by blackzero_01 View Post
    Dear, I bought my GS150 almost immediately after your one. Mine has just completed 7500Kilometers. The tuning interval that I have found to be reasonable enough is 2500Km. Meanwhile, after every 1000km, do check the oil level and fill-in if necessary (usually a quarter litre is required at maximum) and check the clutch/brakes adjustment. Rest goes fine till 2500KM at least.

Yeah, these Patakhas also made me curious and I thought this is something wrong with the Piston Rings (God Forbid). But when I told to the Suzuki Mechanic, he smiled and said, "Oh sir ji, ap ka carburetor jaldi khali ho jata hay, fuel knob thori si khol dain.. " then he adjusted it a little, my motorcycle's idle RPM increased from 1500 to 1800, all these Patakh Patakh just vanished. plus, the bike's pick and breath has increased enormously.
    Thats exactly how u ruin a new engine!
    Clapping hojae!! yayyyyy..!! LoL!
    Bro ur engine oil cant stand more than 1000KMs and it is supposed to be changed at 1000KMs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep every bike engine oil should be change after 1000kms dont go above 1000kms. my mechanic even said that if you can afford then change after 500kms. he said your bike engine will be healthy and remain stable.

Remember engine oil is the life of engine. my uncle have pretty bad experience of not changing the engine oil on time, in result his bike whole engine destroyed. ring piston every thing complete mess up. now he spent 5k on new engine 70cc (havoline) engine oil cost is 250 Rs.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your reply. I change my engine oil after 800kms so changing engine oil isnt an issue, and i did consulted with Suzuki mechanic and he told me to ge the bike tuned after 2000kms, and as far as the "patakhay" are concerned the mechanic told me that its a simple backfire nothing to be worried about no work is required so i'm at ease right now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your reply. I change my engine oil after 800kms so changing engine oil isnt an issue, and i did consulted with Suzuki mechanic and he told me to ge the bike tuned after 2000kms, and as far as the "patakhay" are concerned the mechanic told me that its a simple backfire nothing to be worried about no work is required so i'm at ease right now
    My Yamaha Junoon also used to back fire sometimes, i was worried ebt it and showed it to many mechanics, all of them said its issue with CDI system or plug gap or current coil etc etc...

and electricians said electronically its fine, show it to some good mechanic.
    Later i came across a DYL mechanic whose elder brother was an employee in DYL(Technician) he solved my problem and told me that the Yamaha junoons having hand operated CHoke systems have this problem and this happens when the Choke cable gets stuck in the Carb...
    I got the choke cable changed and the problem was gone! On next tune up u can also consult ur mechanic and ask ebt ur Choke cable....
    Bcoz if im not mistaken, Suzukis also have hand operated Choke system...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    My Yamaha Junoon also used to back fire sometimes, i was worried ebt it and showed it to many mechanics, all of them said its issue with CDI system or plug gap or current coil etc etc...

and electricians said electronically its fine, show it to some good mechanic.
    Later i came across a DYL mechanic whose elder brother was an employee in DYL(Technician) he solved my problem and told me that the Yamaha junoons having hand operated CHoke systems have this problem and this happens when the Choke cable gets stuck in the Carb...
    I got the choke cable changed and the problem was gone! On next tune up u can also consult ur mechanic and ask ebt ur Choke cable....
    Bcoz if im not mistaken, Suzukis also have hand operated Choke system...
    suzuki sprinter has hand operated choke lever on left side.
    suzuki gs-150 doesnt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    suzuki sprinter has hand operated choke lever on left side.
    suzuki gs-150 doesnt.
    Oki doki thanks 4 correcting!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by blackzero_01 View Post

Dear, I am having same issue in my GS150 (3500 KM so far). Got 3 tunings but phatake sound is still there. So can you kindly tell me whether you are still running your bike on 1800RPM or you reduced it later after increasing petrol. And which screw /fuel knob was adjusted. ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh thats not good. Where do you get your bike tuned from? Are you in Lahore?
    I have come to know that there is another thing affecting missing sound and power pickup of motorcycle at higher rpm, I.e. Tappets Adjustment.
    If tappets are too tight, engine runs short of breath and suddenly loses power.

I now have idle rpm of1500, with properly adjusted tappets, new spark plug (Denso) and good quality fuel (this its also very important) bike doesn't make ANY thuss thuss sound.. Runs perfect.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    [Black Zero]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

let me add, engine oil change interval depends upon your driving conditions. If you drive in a dusty and rusty area like rural or coastal areas, or you have to pass through an area where roads are under construction, there are high chances of dust getting into your engine. In this case the sooner you change the engine oil, the better out is.

On the other side, living in a clean area like myself, engine oil can go as long as 2500 km before you need to change it. FYI, havoline can't go upto this much time. You need to get a better thing.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    [Black Zero]

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List