Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By r1
  • 1 Post By Engine
  • 1 Post By asjdsm
  • 1 Post By asjdsm

Thread: motorcycle brake light not working

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default motorcycle brake light not working

    hi
    my chonda brake light is not working,,
    when i turn on the headlight it will turn the rear light ,, but pressing either front brake lever or rear brake pedal wont turn on the brake light,,
    i have tried with the adjusting nut near brake padel but no lck,,
    both the elements on the bulb are ok..
    what to do/


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    farhan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,256
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    hi
    my chonda brake light is not working,,
    when i turn on the headlight it will turn the rear light ,, but pressing either front brake lever or rear brake pedal wont turn on the brake light,,
    i have tried with the adjusting nut near brake padel but no lck,,
    both the elements on the bulb are ok..
    what to do/
    take it to electrician . adjusting the nut only affects the effectiveness of brakes. there are some wires under seat which lead to brake light and indicators.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thanks but i am a bit do it yourselfer so will do it,, mechanic is last resort or emergency for me

    am looking for advise///

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Talhadon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,111
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Might your tale light one point blown!
    Do check it...!
    Detailing a day,Keeps the swirls away

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,388
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talhadon View Post
    Might your tale light one point blown!
    Do check it...!
    yes i faced the same issue. open it and buy a bulb which will cost u around 30 rs and install it. if it works then its the bulb. my issue got resolved after changing the bulb

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bulbs are ok,, i tried 2 more tested bulbs,,will check wiring and connections..

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hidalgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,627
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    bulbs are ok,, i tried 2 more tested bulbs,,will check wiring and connections..
    there is a small switch type thingy near swing arm it has wires and spring attached to break pedal check the connections
    legend will revive soon

  8. #8
    r1
    r1 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    r1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Quetta
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,084
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Must be wiring issue.. Check green and brown wires joint under the light.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Engine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    hi
    my chonda brake light is not working,,
    when i turn on the headlight it will turn the rear light ,, but pressing either front brake lever or rear brake pedal wont turn on the brake light,,
    i have tried with the adjusting nut near brake padel but no lck,,
    both the elements on the bulb are ok..
    what to do/
    open the brake light cover... chek the voltages with voltmeter if its zero then open the seat and check voltage again from joints of brake light wireing..... if voltages are still missing then check again but this time black(negative) lead of volt meter should be touched with body of bike(i mean ground) if it shows voltages then its ground wire problum (chnge ground wire)... if whole process u do and still there is no voltages...open the right side cover there u will find some more wires match the color of these wire with brake light wires and again check voltages if still missing ...then open the front head light and check the wires of light switch.... if switch wire are correct then check the wiring between fuel tank and handle bar(wires under handle bar are mostly dammage) if still not working then put some petrol on wires and fire a match stick.... it will be all right as before
    Zindagi 300 km se age shuru hoti he..........

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Engine View Post
    open the brake light cover... chek the voltages with voltmeter if its zero then open the seat and check voltage again from joints of brake light wireing..... if voltages are still missing then check again but this time black(negative) lead of volt meter should be touched with body of bike(i mean ground) if it shows voltages then its ground wire problum (chnge ground wire)... if whole process u do and still there is no voltages...open the right side cover there u will find some more wires match the color of these wire with brake light wires and again check voltages if still missing ...then open the front head light and check the wires of light switch.... if switch wire are correct then check the wiring between fuel tank and handle bar(wires under handle bar are mostly dammage) if still not working then put some petrol on wires and fire a match stick.... it will be all right as before
    good explaination i was suspecting faulty ground ,,will check it,,

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asjdsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,469
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i just sorted out the issue,, though the long way.. here is a story
    i had checked 2 or 3 bulbs on it and brake light was not working,, bulbs were rand new and filaments were connected,, ,,
    today i first confirmed my battery was giving 12.7 volts,, so removed the seat,, removed the wires going to bulb checked voltages when brake pedal was pressed was getting 12 volts,, but bulb was not glowing,, checked the continuity of the wires going to bulb from that point they were ok,,wires were ok,, so checked the voltages near the bulb by breaking the wire still was getting 12 volts so by now it became a[apparent that the socket was the culprit,, removed the rear light assembly checked voltages when brake pedal was pressed still the 12 volts there,, so the socket itself is ok,, was left with two options either the bulb is faulty even though it doesn't looks like ,, or the socket connections are not making contact with bulb,,
    so tried visualising,if bulb was making contact,, it was indeed ,, tried another ok bulb still no brake light,,
    got new bulb today from shop tried it and it worked like a charm,, tried the earlier bulb ,, it was not woking,, so the end result it was the bulb that apparently looked ok but was not ok..

    ahh,,, it really made me tired ,,

    end result .. like usual never trust whats on the label if its chinese item or local desi aka made in pakistan item..


    also checked battery water level was ok,, but contacts had a huge cement in them so removed the rubber tried petrol on it cleaned them and reinstalled battery,,

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •