Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default tyres for GS150 available in karachi

Salam
    i bought my GS150 this week, need guidance on tyres....want to replace with broader one....also guide me that what effect will it produce on engine, road grip, stability, drive.......and from where can i buy?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hellooo...can anyone help???!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default re-tire

Quote Originally Posted by DrHadiRao View Post
    Salam
    i bought my GS150 this week, need guidance on tyres....want to replace with broader one....also guide me that what effect will it produce on engine, road grip, stability, drive.......and from where can i buy?
    for front if u wanna change try service sports 2.75-18 its good tire comes with service warranty.

for rear only tire i can trust with this weight full bike is DSI size 100/90 - 18 comes with out any warranty but with this brand warranty is no needed, and it will fulfill all yr requirements without any negative effect on yr bike.

try basra autos at water pump f.b.area.

best of luck
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001
    thankyou very much for your help.....the size of the front tire is the same as of original one, isnt it?......so does that mean broader tyre for front is not recommended??.....secondly what about 100/90 18 IRC, which one is better? and can u give me a rough idea about the cost also?...appreciate your help, thank you

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    for front if u wanna change try service sports 2.75-18 its good tire comes with service warranty.

for rear only tire i can trust with this weight full bike is DSI size 100/90 - 18 comes with out any warranty but with this brand warranty is no needed, and it will fulfill all yr requirements without any negative effect on yr bike.

try basra autos at water pump f.b.area.

best of luck
    brother i have put 90/90 tyre in my GS150 with honda dlx rim. The distance between tyre and chain cover is very less. I dont think that 100/90 would fit in GS150 without some minor modification or atleast stock chain cover will need to be removed.
    what are your views on this brother?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@archon2001
    thankyou very much for your help.....the size of the front tire is the same as of original one, isnt it?......so does that mean broader tyre for front is not recommended??.....secondly what about 100/90 18 IRC, which one is better? and can u give me a rough idea about the cost also?...appreciate your help, thank you
    @poster , u r welcome ,
    front tire size is same, but service sports tire will give yr bike more braking power and road grip in front compare to present panther tire.

i have no idea abt IRC tire never used them, have used DSI in almost every bike i owned and without any doubt its 1 of the best tire available in our market go for it u will not regret buying it.

cost of front service tire will be around 1.5k , rear DSI tire 3k , 100 rupees more or less depends upon yr luck.
    do not change rim use the stock 1, just get spokes tightened by any wheel thru fellow and u r good to go.

both service and DSI tires mention above are directional tire so make sure they are put in right direction and person who is putting them know what he is doing instead of damaging the tire wall.

1 useful advice to all fellows who put new tires in their bike, use at least once in 3 months any good quality tire spray ( turtle or sun of the gun) brand it will keep tire as good as new and cracking on the tire walls won't be happening.

best of luck .
    kind regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    brother i have put 90/90 tyre in my GS150 with honda dlx rim. The distance between tyre and chain cover is very less. I dont think that 100/90 would fit in GS150 without some minor modification or atleast stock chain cover will need to be removed.
    what are your views on this brother?
    @bluehorn, good to see u here , btw very good observation.
    100/90-18 is fitted in both of gs150 i own and they are fitted on stock rim and i have never faced any problem with chain cover, today after reading yr comment i have a close look at the tire and chain cover didn't found any sign of tire rubbing against chain cover and distance is between them is safe for both of them, bike have been ridden in double without any problem .
    perhaps honda dlx rim is broader then gs150 stock rim so if we put in dlx rim 100/90-18 size tire there is fair chance of tire touching the chain cover.

take care and kind regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you very much for your help archon2001........i will get the tyres changed by the end of this week InshaAllah....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam
    today i got my rear tyre changed....its dunlop india 100/90 18...cost me 3600rs.....original one sold for 800 rs only..........total i have paid 2800rs plus 50rs for tyre fitting.....anyone like to comment on it?.....was price ok or was i overcharged??......and what about quality of the tyre if compared with dsi n irc??.....the sales person was saying that dunlop is a harder one n also that it is good to have a hard tyre 6 ply!!!!, was he right?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam
    today i got my rear tyre changed....its dunlop india 100/90 18...cost me 3600rs.....original one sold for 800 rs only..........total i have paid 2800rs plus 50rs for tyre fitting.....anyone like to comment on it?.....was price ok or was i overcharged??......and what about quality of the tyre if compared with dsi n irc??.....the sales person was saying that dunlop is a harder one n also that it is good to have a hard tyre 6 ply!!!!, was he right?
    brother its is good that you changed tyre. New 100/90 will give u a lot better grip on road and also help in increasing rear brake performance. I do not have any idea about Dunlop tyres so I can't comment on its quality or price. But 6 play rating tyres offer greater puncture protection than 4 ply ones. And rs.50 for tyre change is alright.
    Kindly do upload the photos of this new tyre.

p.s. you are lucky that you sold your old tyre. When I bought 90/90 tyre for my GS150, i was not able to sell the original one to the shop keeper.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default photos of my bike with old and new tyres

tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419462 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419463 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419464 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419465 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419466 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419467 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419468 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419469 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419470 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419471 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419472 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419473 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419474 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419475 tyres for GS150 available in karachi -419476

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone can guide me from where can i buy tanki cover??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dr sahab. mileage litre main kitna de raha hai? aur brakes ki sunain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mecha
    mileage abhi note nahn kiya main ney, inshaAllah i will post soon about it.......but i heared its 35-45km/litre.....brakes are fine upto the speed of 90-100km/hr.....isse upar speed abhi ley kar nah gya !

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro my GS is about 6 months old and I am getting 41km/l in city. But the mileage can drop to lower figure if we use bigger rear tyre than the stock one. My friend's 2006 GS150 is giving about 38km/l. Brother if you take care of your bike then even after years its mileage will not be bad. The major reason of bad mileage is when the rubber on GS butterfly carburetor rips. Then ur bike starts eating more fuel and may also start missing. So make sure that you do not get tuning from local Honda guys. They open cards and then take highly pressurized air and pump it inside the card. This works well in cleaning the carb on Honda bikes. But for GS the thin and fragile rubber on butterfly diameter of the carb can rip. Replacing the rubber costs around rs.2000 (for genuine one).

I agree about brakes, they are not sufficient for bike of this size. If you can then kindly go for disk brake setup. It will help a lot in braking.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List