Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation New to the Bike Realm-LF advice for buying a Bike

Assalam o Alikum Bros,

I have driven a car only in my entire 9 years driving career,though i know how to drive a bike i never bought 1,reason being the safety concerns of my Parents.Now they think i am wise enough to own one.

Now here is the Plan.I daily cover 30-40 Kms on my way to University.Adiala road to H-12 islamabad.I am in need of a good bike good in fuel economy and comfort.You suggestions would be highly appreciated.Cost/service/life/sale center etc. And for the people residing in pindi the nearest honda 5s dealer is Anmol Honda Center Adiala Road.How are their dealings(satisfaction levels,as most of you guys here own Bike).or if any other dealers you want to advise.

My choice is not limited to Honda,please feel free to comment

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    ok got it, I suggested CG because you said you are a shokeen guy,,,,.... believe me when u r on CD100 and paiggos and CGs, and GS will zooom pass by, or take a swift start at signal where you have to throttle up your CD to stay in harmony with bigger rides ..... I dont think that any Guy with Good taste really likes that...
    i will second that.... if you can't see other bikes passing you, must go above 100cc class....
    I am happy with Junoon as i don't mind other bikes passing me.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh shehzada .... Beautiful Bike bro!

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    new to the bike realmlf advice for buying a bike -1Ravi PIAGGIO
    new to the bike realmlf advice for buying a bike -1
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

4. 12-09-2012, 04:51 PM

Site Banned

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shokeen w.r.t handling my vehicles and never reselling one.After driving a lot i came to know that over speeding is nothing less than trouble.I try to drive safe,slow and with comfort though if i am on a highway i would surely like to drive at 90Km/h(bike)..and try to travel fast on lone roads.

Guys here are the confusions i got.I would have bought any bike yesterday or today.The trouble is i have no idea with bikes,0 nothing about maintainence parts etc what to do and when to do though i am in constant discussion with my friends and they advise me nothing else than Honda CD 70,CG 125.(these are the ones i don't need 70 cuz its not comfy,tires out in long distance..125 is kinda overpowered and its consumption is not so great.)

What i require is a fuel efficient economical still powerful bike with some good looks that can cater my daily needs.As i go to uni 40-50 Kms /day and for short rides to the market (believe me i am so sick of taking out my car every hour to get thingies from the marketplace which gets stuck in a line and wastes a lot of time).I short listed my choices as per my requirements.

Honda CD 100:
    Pros> Economic 50km/L
    Comfortable and smooth ride
    Parts availability is better as compared to other competitors in the same class 100-110cc
    Cons> Engine reliability Issues
    Engine does not compensate the built/size of the bike(weak engine)
    Costly to maintain/Trouble finding a good mechanic
    Engine is not that strong degrades after 20k-25k Kms.

Yamaha Junoon ( would have bought it already if it was available but its now a chonda of dyl now)

Suzuki Sprinter & Eco:
    Pros> Reliable Engine
    Speed/Pick is way better than any other 100-110 cc Class
    Low noise
    Good fuel consumption and economy

Cons> Parts are available at suzuki sales and service centre at sky high prices
    Service is a hassle as certified suzuki mechanics are found only at Suzuki 5s shops
    Worst styled bike..Seat is a brick
    Takes a long time to wait to get bike serviced at 5s dealer due to shortage of service centers.

Suzuki Raider 110:
    A cosmetically changed sprinter.I am interested in this one too but it is a risky choice.First generation bikes and spare parts availability/price is unknown..

I have excluded Chondas as i prefer quality over price.Thats all i found in this past week.We can observe that 1 make is good at something and the other isnt.There is no perfect bike in 100-110 cc category and this makes me nervous.All that is left is to test drive these bikes and check out for my self.i want to add i am a novice in motorcycle driving but i can drive a bike with ease(gear shift,brakes,turns excluding the complicated cuts as i lack the experience) but i know its not an issue if i drive slow,i will learn all the tricks in time.

I do appreciate the time and effort you guys took to guide me,i certainly do.But i get posts like buy this and that.I was also looking forward to a discussion with these bikes owners so they can relate their experience. and recommend their rides.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ur concersn regarding inferiour engine of cd 100 are nothing but wrong.. it has rock solid engine .. start ma jo aya tha un ma kuch maslay tha.. now they are very reliable trustworthy.. regarding maintainance just read the included manual..

also the most important thing is oil change at 1000-1200 km// filter change... and occassional tappets settings... and also battery topup.. and lubing the chain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new to the bike realmlf advice for buying a bike -1Ravi piaggio
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats what I suggested go ride every bike you have in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    All that is left is to test drive these bikes and check out for my self.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aqibasit Bro the looks and style of piaggio are superb,absolutely no doubt in that.But quality is a major issue here as i wish to keep a bike for a long long time without getting too much headaches and reliability issues.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The trouble is all my friends got 70s and 125s lol..Very difficulty to find a sprinter on the roads..But i do encounter many CD 100 owners and they seem pretty satisfied.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sprinter rickshaw k agay milay gee :-D .... CD 100 Good bike go get it...

The trouble is all my friends got 70s and 125s lol..Very difficulty to find a sprinter on the roads..But i do encounter many CD 100 owners and they seem pretty satisfied.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aqibasit Bro the looks and style of piaggio are superb,absolutely no doubt in that.But quality is a major issue here as i wish to keep a bike for a long long time without getting too much headaches and reliability issues.
    Dude I never heared or read from any piaggio owner that it is not reliable bike. Ask from piaggio owners ur self man. Check Ravi site for the tour and pics of some guys there who went to northern areas. Ask vicky and silver knife and ask those who went to northern areas. No one here lie with you at least not me. Whatever bike you buy bro none of us will get any single penny from any company nor these will be our loss.

To be honest after reading your new posts I will suggest you go for Ravi Piaggio Storm with close eyes. Nothing can be perfect at least in our local market, same goes with cars situation.

Piaggio is not perfect too but its near the perfection when we compare it to other bikes available in same CC class and price, it seems a very good option. Every product have it's own pros and cons.

Piaggio is stylish beautiful, almost same fuel average of 70cc, got disc brakes, self start and many other features. What else you want?

Regarding suzuki sprinter/raider buddy remember suzuki buyers buy original parts from 5s shops. Original parts are always costly either you buy suzuki or honda parts. Visit market yourself and check honda bikes spare parts + prices you will find many variety different prices different qualities. CG125, CD70 original parts are also costly.

And yes I am not an owner of Piaggio. I own 2 bikes Eagle Firebird and Metro both Chonda's. Previously owned 2x CG 125 Pointer and CDI.

Another suggestion for you is if you can compromise on looks then go for Suzuki GS150. Power, comfort = Beast

Now its up to you. Good luck for the bike hunt.

And keep in mind one thing dear whatever you buy Suzuki Hayabusa, Honda CBR, R1 or any bike/car you have to take care of your ride. If you will not care and don't maintain your ride, it does not matter whichever ride u have 50k one, 1 lac or 13lacs one it will be destroyed.

@Those who says Piaggio is not available in market these days, let me make a correction here. Yesterday I visited McLeod road lahore. I saw 3 piaggiao's in one showroom and some in others. It seems Ravi is improving.

Pardon me if I hurt your or someone feelings.
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    Dude I never heared or read from any piaggio owner that it is not reliable bike. Ask from piaggio owners ur self man. Check Ravi site for the tour and pics of some guys there who went to northern areas. Ask vicky and silver knife and ask those who went to northern areas. No one here lie with you at least not me. Whatever bike you buy bro none of us will get any single penny from any company nor these will be our loss.

To be honest after reading your new posts I will suggest you go for Ravi Piaggio Storm with close eyes. Nothing can be perfect at least in our local market, same goes with cars situation.

Piaggio is not perfect too but its near the perfection when we compare it to other bikes available in same CC class and price, it seems a very good option. Every product have it's own pros and cons.

Piaggio is stylish beautiful, almost same fuel average of 70cc, got disc brakes, self start and many other features. What else you want?

Regarding suzuki sprinter/raider buddy remember suzuki buyers buy original parts from 5s shops. Original parts are always costly either you buy suzuki or honda parts. Visit market yourself and check honda bikes spare parts + prices you will find many variety different prices different qualities. CG125, CD70 original parts are also costly.

And yes I am not an owner of Piaggio. I own 2 bikes Eagle Firebird and Metro both Chonda's. Previously owned 2x CG 125 Pointer and CDI.

Another suggestion for you is if you can compromise on looks then go for Suzuki GS150. Power, comfort = Beast

And keep in mind one thing dear whatever you buy Suzuki Hayabusa, Honda CBR, R1 or any bike/car you have to take care of your ride. If you will not care and don't maintain your ride, it does not matter whichever ride u have 50k one, 1 lac or 13lacs one it will be destroyed.

@Those who says Piaggio is not available in market these days, let me make a correction here. Yesterday I visited McLeod road lahore. I saw 3 piaggiao's in one showroom and some in others. It seems Ravi is improving.

Thank you for investing your precious time in a detailed answer.Piaggio sure is good but i am not willing to pay 100k+ for a bike.Also its fuel economy is not that great ofc it is a 125 cc 1 so we can agree that it would be 40Kms/Litre within city.Maintenance cost is also more+More chakars at service centers.I am planning to but a CD 100 but some ppl are saying that its speed is just like CD 70 max 80 Km/Hr.That sure is a disappointment.A 100c category bike and max speed of 80Km/hr hurts..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, you have a very good insight, you are very correct that it has gone expensive because of its less availablity and you are also correct thats its maintaince cost is higher then others ... Your idea of not to buy a paiggo is very correct, you must buy a bike which has a stream line of cheap or atleast reasoably priced spares parts good service center network and moderatly power full so that is CD 100 (you can say it a UnderDog of 100cc category) and second can be raider / sprinter (its accelration and power OH yes!!) only spares are expensive if you can bear that then its a best choice.

By they way paiggo give 45~50 confirmed 'in city' if tuned properly by some good mechnic just telling you for info...

happy hunting ...

Thank you for investing your precious time in a detailed answer.Piaggio sure is good but i am not willing to pay 100k+ for a bike.Also its fuel economy is not that great ofc it is a 125 cc 1 so we can agree that it would be 40Kms/Litre within city.Maintenance cost is also more+More chakars at service centers.I am planning to but a CD 100 but some ppl are saying that its speed is just like CD 70 max 80 Km/Hr.That sure is a disappointment.A 100c category bike and max speed of 80Km/hr hurts..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother.you are under estematig cd100.its a great little bike..go for it........you ill enjoy its road grip and torquey ride.gdluck
    70 and 125 both are uncomfortable.....
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Juste how your wrote that ... ... let me give you a long reply lolzzz

I would have suggested him paiggo but thats not his requirement,

becuase beleive me once I went to buy a toyota Vitz to JailRoad, and on every show room I asked, are the spares easy available and vendors was like yes they are but hard to fin bla bla bla ... then I find an aged show room guy who enlighten me.. he said Son do you really really really decided to buy a Toyota Vitz ???

I said ahhh ... no , not really I am checkin market first then decide, he smiled and said then you must not buy it go for cultus, coure santro those are stream line product cheap to maintain and equally powered may be not that perfect but will address all you worries..

So same goes here, if you have lot of question about paigoo dont ever ever buy it .. go for CG or CD 100 or sprinter what ever instead because they have streamline network may be doesnt give that comfort but adresses all the risks ..

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have the pleasure to check 2 cd 100 bikes till to date and they easily did 90km/hr.. enough speed .. and i bet u wont use it.. as its freaking dangrous keeping in veiw our road conditions...

i checked 2007 model ... if i am not mistaken...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro don't expect more than 90km/h from CD100.
    P.W fellows members have tried their best to clear things for you
    they have given you good suggestions, Now these are only two options left
    Suzuki Raider & Honda CD100....... Its time to take decision
    Bismillah Karke Le Lo Ek..................As you have rejected all other bikes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aho :-D ... lolzzz

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    bro don't expect more than 90km/h from CD100.
    P.W fellows members have tried their best to clear things for you
    they have given you good suggestions, Now these are only two options left
    Suzuki Raider & Honda CD100....... Its time to take decision
    Bismillah Karke Le Lo Ek..................As you have rejected all other bikes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just visited Anmol Honda Centre.Yeah CD 100 is available and total cost for bike + registration is 80500+4500=85000..Now i will check suzuki sale centre in my vicinity and find out about raider if its powerful enough and if its consumption is on par with cd 100.If it will be good i will go for raider.I will post my pics soon as i get my bike.Getting in touch with hidalgo for bikes insight.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ravi piaggio is piece of crap.